test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sickenme56 wrote: »
    I need to thank PW. This is literally more fun than playing the game...reading these forums is an epic adventure.

I agree...I am hooked.
  • deferentesmortisdeferentesmortis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need to thank PW. This is literally more fun than playing the game...reading these forums is an epic adventure.

agree ^.^ i keep getting laughs
  • doublearkdoubleark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never used an exploit on this game, cause my main goal is to play for fun, enjoying D&D environment, but, please, do a wipe and start all over again from the beginning.
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hey at least the D&D nerds are off the streets, think what harm would come to society and the world economy if they ever were to be allowed outside!!
    edited May 2013

I agree...I am hooked.
  • microdragonxmicrodragonx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm I think many of us should just wait for the outcome first then turn to the angry mob if there is a wipe. keep in mind if they do a wipe those who spent RL money to purchase zen or Founders packages would receive a refund of zen and will keep there founders packs because since they are a merchant they are obligated under law to provide the refund. now if they were a private server under certain merchant laws they may or may not but they all give a disclaimer stating to buy at your own risk. So I love NW and will support in any decision they choose to make just as long as they give the refund of zen and founders packages to those of us who did purchase use RL money.

Thank you
    The Holy one
    DragonX
  • rasekeflarasekefla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this talk of rollbacks and wipes!

Anyone interested in creative speculation?

Gimme solutions for the problem that don't involve rollbacks and wipes. If your solution ends up being used, then we will collectively tip our hats to you.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do we know if the servers will be up today

No, we don't. They are still working on it. Until it's done and over with, we won't really know anything. Not how long it's going to take, nor exactly what actions they are going to take (other than perma-banning the exploiters, which is going on as we speak.) Even the Devs don't know how long it's going to take. Patience, grasshopper.
  • lobottomielobottomie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just thinking about something. When this game became open beta it had a pre-open beta weekend for the founders.
    This gave founders a head start and by doing so gave us the chance to be at a higher level, have AD generated and profession levels going and time to find the lore in game when the game became open beta.

What will the compensation for the founders be when a full wipe is being done?
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Kind of funny that hackers unintentionally created the "Black cat Market"
  • microdragonxmicrodragonx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm I think many of us should just wait for the outcome first then turn to the angry mob if there is a wipe. keep in mind if they do a wipe those who spent RL money to purchase zen or Founders packages would receive a refund of zen and will keep there founders packs because since they are a merchant they are obligated under law to provide the refund. now if they were a private server under certain merchant laws they may or may not but they all give a disclaimer stating to buy at your own risk. So I love NW and will support in any decision they choose to make just as long as they give the refund of zen and founders packages to those of us who did purchase use RL money.

Thank you
    The Holy one
    DragonX
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    82202126.png

Saved. I just love when I inspire a meme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    n0ut4j4 wrote: »
    Seems like they are manually "removing" every single exploiter, that would atleast explain the lenght of the downtime.
    A rollback or wipe wouldve already been dealt with.

A rollback, yes, but a wipe would have **** on every player who put time into the game over the last 3 weeks and didn't exploit.
  • trhudginstrhudgins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least the exploit will be taken care of for now. I hope they fix the mailbox issues as well.
  • sedrunsedrun Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need to do shard rollbacks... not only did people exploit AD/AH but they bought so many items and gear such as the cat. theres no way they can just get rid of the extra AD if everyone got a free fcking cat today. I'm done if there is no shard-wide rollback it's completely unfair esp. when there is no more character wipes.
  • leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    What is with all the requests for a complete wipe? And before you get too flame stating why you support a complete wipe, just know that it will never happen. But seriously why the cry out for a wipe? And the whole "reset the economy" I don't understand...its been **** since day one?
  • darkwolf42775darkwolf42775 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    well if it helps thats awsome but most are pi**ed off for they are out of the AD and Zens well this is some of the people who will get badded but i don't buy zens and i have played alot of MMO's and u never buy any thing off the AH in a open BETA come on use ur head lol!
  • hendrixfoxhendrixfox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zootallure wrote: »
    wish people would quit posting they just need a clicky for the admin to just keep us updated

That's another problem--any other game, they'd have server status on the front page of the web site, rather than make us go looking at the Twits (yes, I know the supposed name is 'Tweets'--but have you read this stuff? Twittering Twits fits a lot better.) At the very least, have the web-monkey put a repeater of the Twitter feed on the main page. If multiple webcomic artists can manage that, I'm sure a so-called professional can as well.
  • galatheraliengalatheralien Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    regnorvex wrote: »
    The point is that it *does* affect you. If you craft or want to upgrade the gems you find on your own, you will need materials that are purchased and traded, and the price you will have to pay for those will vastly exceed what you will be able to pay based on just playing with what you find. That may be ok with you and if so that's fine, but don't overstate the degree to which others are insulated from this problem. Most players ultimately want things they cannot find on their own. Every one of them will be affected by this problem, even if you aren't.

First of all, I love your sig quote. I do understand what you are saying, but my response is that I have played within the same or worse constraints before. I really do feel for those of you who hurt over this. I believe I understand. But I have been in real-life situations, where (cue the Princes Bride) death has been on the line, and people didn't make as much of a fuss. They just got around to doing what they needed to survive and then, if they complained later, it was simply not nearly as vicious and vile as some of the remarks I have seen here. This isn't unique. I frequented the DAOC forums during and after Beta, and it was just as bad. I just felt a need to post this time, is all.

Given the size of the developer and publisher, I'm sure they have some very well-educated and talented members on their team; both in software engineering and in business management/marketing. I honestly and sincerely doubt they are going to let their game go in the crapper due to something like this. You can bet that if they do, their livelihood will suffer. If the game reaches live status and you feel that you have been wronged, refuse to do business with them. Welcome to the wonderful world of pay-for-performance. :)
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope they get this fixed soon. I go out of town on business on Monday (June 3) and I hope to put in a few hours before I do. The game is fun, the crafting system is interesting, and the gathering/resource thing is a pretty novel concept. They just have a couple, minor "things" to straighten out and they might have a winner on their hands.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snapyb wrote: »
    i agree tho exploiters should all be shot period lol its the main reason y any game would fail but alas wat can you do nothing play and have fun and hope things r monitored and run well but then again its also partially pwe/cryptics fault to b honest i think they released the game way way to prematurely

Speaking of which it seems that there was just a series of pretty intense threats aimed at the exploiters over at massively (now deleted) That would an odd turn of events...I mean if some white hats ended up making their lives less than stellar.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • deferentesmortisdeferentesmortis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    korgullte wrote: »
    Kind of funny that hackers unintentionally created the "Black cat Market"

i see what you did there xD
    edited May 2013
    I would like full disclosure on what the punishments are for the exploiters are, including those who got themselves a cat companion. That will help my decision on if I stay and play or just go and play Borderlands 2 until Wildstar launches
  • amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psvpl wrote: »
    That's the kind of business I'll think of in a future. Instead of hiring testers and paying them for their job, I will make them to pay me for privilege of testing my product :)

People, this is BETA, it's not a full product. The exploiters are not bad guys, they're helping to make quality final product (yes, shut server still pisses me off the same way as waiting for a patch for cyclic FPS stall). As hackers are making systems more and more secure and there are more and more paid security officers. And so on...
    A man who robs a bank is still a criminal even if his actions lead to the discovery of a major flaw in the security system. The players who exploited the issue were not trying to help improve the game. It was done to get ahead as quickly/efficiently as possible.

If each of these players had put in a ticket announcing the abnormality and then ceased to abuse it, THEN they would be helping to make a quality final product. This simply is not the case however.
  • kestralskaurkestralskaur Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they fix the issue where I was fighting a mimic and got knocked through a wall and outside the dungeon. Into a void of cyan.
    Figure it out for yourself or obey without question.
  • zak0024zak0024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so heres a funny idea does anyone actually know what the cat issue is. I mean what were the exploiters doing to make this kindof profit I read all over the forums but cant find anything saying what the exploit actually was. anyone have the answer ?
  • luvvyyyluvvyyy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this might sound silly but where can I find out how to craft? I have NO clue how to craft nor how to find out how to do it. any clues appreciated.
  • omidawnomidawn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played in another PWI game that got trashed because of people exploiting the economy. I left the game and didn't go back to it. If the 'virtual' economy isn't stable the game is hosed for everyone. That is true even if it hasn't impacted you YET. The virtual economy can only flux a certain amount before it breaks. The flux is good for people to become rich in game by being good merchants. A broken economy is bad for everyone. Getting rich and flooding the market by exploiting cheats destroys everyone else's ability to buy and sell their goods as needed. I report spam on anyone I see selling resources outside of the game. Everyone should. No one should use those vendors if they care anything about keeping the game playable.
  • riotdrakeriotdrake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't read fast enough to keep up with the posts..

I believe after the exploits are fixed, the economy will fix itself.. /shrug
  • mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there was even a vid on youtube explaining the ah exploit

rofl