test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full wipe remarks

ehamoehamo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello

For the first time since the release of Diablo II I've found a game that is worth investing time and money in. I've played over 100 hours since the release and I've spent over €200 on Zen. I however still support a full wipe if this rebalances this game which is full of potential.

There some remarks I would like to write down though they will have probably been mentioned before.
  • I assume we receive our in-game Zen back? A financial refund would be improbable and it's not even something that I want. But I don't want to come to the conclusion that my 'money' simply disapeared.
  • I assume that all the, sometimes genius, foundry creations will be saved.
  • What about the ingame currencies such as Glory and Astral & Ardent Coins?
  • Will there be some form of compensation? A lot of people will lose a lot of work due to the actions of a small minority. I don't necessarily want a compensation but it's something the developers should think about since it would probably smooth things over a tiny bit. I'm thinking about general experience boosts, a prolongued time of double glory or astral diamonds gain, a companion, ..

Keep the discussion nice.

Best regards

Kevin
Post edited by ehamo on

Comments

• Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ I support a full wipe
  • Options
    scalretdoomscalretdoom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ I support a full wipe
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If there were options other than leveling thought the exact same leveling content again it wouldn't be so bad. But if you already have a character at 60, and maybe an alt there too... How much do you want to play the leveling content again? Maybe if they also made it so that you could level though Foundry quests and just whenever it was time for your 12 slot bag quests Knoxy would just give them to you.

Even then, I don't see the viability of a full wipe. A substantial portion of the user base who have paid real money for the game so far would probably walk and those are the LAST people you want quitting. People who haven't paid a penny probably wouldn't care as much, but they also aren't the ones paying the bills.
  • Options
    flynte1flynte1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe as long as i am returned all my Zen and founder AD :)
  • Options
    rezzernlrezzernl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I absolutely agree full wipe + ban the exploiters, return peoples zens back.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If in a one in a trillion chance that a character wipe occurs, then all Astral Diamonds from Founder Packs and Zen transferred to Neverwinter will be refunded like they did with Zen spent during the Beta Weekends. Converting Astral Diamonds to Zen won't have Zen refunded.

Cryptic wiping the Foundry missions would be an incredibly stupid decision, but if there are any exploit missions they missed, then I could see them deleting those missions.

No idea about Celestial/Ardent Coins or Glory, but I doubt they would allow us to keep those.

Some form of compensation is usually given in these types of situations that cause massive grief to the population. Even if no wipe occurs, I except some sort of compensation.

I believe a character wipe would be the worst possible thing that could happen to the game since it would decrease the amount of players that are playing the game and are interested in the game. I am certain that a huge amount of Neverwinter players aren't even aware of all these problems since it seems to be mostly endgame content. A wipe would come out as a shock for them and be seriously irritated that they lost their character.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am a big fan of full wipes usually but I do not know if this is a good idea as I think half the players I know playing will just quit so I imagine there will be a mass exodus.
  • Options
    silencebettiesilencebettie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why a wipe won't work.
    Any game not in maintance mode gets updates
    updates can contain bugs
    bugs can be exploited
    sometime in the future you'd be asking for a wipe again.
  • Options
    jethariusjetharius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ I support a partial wipe*

*real money currencies get republished to the owning accounts.

The game is currently suffering from an already high inflation rate with diamond values, with this latest exploit, it will push diamond values even lower. I do NOT mind re-leveling a character through already played content if it means fixing the endgame economy.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flynte1 wrote: »
    I support a full wipe as long as i am returned all my Zen and founder AD :)

How convenient, right?

Let's refund the AD to people who bought them, not the people who worked hard for them.
  • Options
    xakanrnxakanrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tbh a wipe might be the only solution as the game is still brand new and solid enough to recover from initial quits ,but a broken economy this early will certainly kill the game.
  • Options
    sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As sad as it is sounds but in this case full wipe seems to be the only solution.Voted for wipe.
  • Options
    darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe for me just mean im going back to path of exile till june 4th when the new marvel hero f2p game come out.

P.s good <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing the server where down when i got home since i was gona spend 150$ on zen today....

Guess ill go spend that money on strippers or something :)
  • Options
    corgiscorgis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fine with a full or partial wipe so long as the Zen I spent gets reimbursed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    corgis wrote: »
    I'm fine with a full or partial wipe so long as the Zen I spent gets reimbursed.

I repeat, it's all fine when people who paid get reimbursed. I thought time = money.
  • Options
    brizepicbrizepic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    How convenient, right?

Let's refund the AD to people who bought them, not the people who worked hard for them.

To be fair, the only true way of guaranteeing people who DIDNT exploit is to only give it back to people who paid for it. Not saying its right and not saying they will... but no matter how much you slaved over collecting your AD the only record of true and honest AD/Zen purchases are from the people who you know... PAID for it. Thats record right there. Bank statements, confirmation emails, no jokes no gimmicks pure proof they got it without a cheese. Welcome to the real world, people who pay have the advantage over people who don't simply because they pay. I'm not saying this game is pay to win because I don't really believe it is, i'm just saying that who are they gonna trust? Written and tangible proof? Or possible questionable actions.
  • Options
    faremsincounisfaremsincounis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What exactly will a Full Wipe Gain Us? What are the Pro's and Con's. You all talk about supporting it, but don't argue for or against it. I would like to know more before I vote, And I would think there are a lot of people in my place. Where do the Dev's stand, do they feel this would be helpful or hurtful.

-Farem Sincounis
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    brizepic wrote: »
    To be fair, the only true way of guaranteeing people who DIDNT exploit is to only give it back to people who paid for it. Not saying its right and not saying they will... but no matter how much you slaved over collecting your AD the only record of true and honest AD/Zen purchases are from the people who you know... PAID for it. Thats record right there. Bank statements, confirmation emails, no jokes no gimmicks pure proof they got it without a cheese. Welcome to the real world, people who pay have the advantage over people who don't simply because they pay. I'm not saying this game is pay to win because I don't really believe it is, i'm just saying that who are they gonna trust? Written and tangible proof? Or possible questionable actions.
    They can eliminate 95% of the problems associated with the AH AD dupe by doing a 12 hour rollback or a VERY thorough job deleting/banning. People say these exploits have going on from day 1, sure they have, however, they only impacted the economy once they went viral. Finally, THEY CAN check who exploited; they have logs.
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    full wipe and zen rollback. gimme
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    vanlichtensteinvanlichtenstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See that 30% up there that says no to a wipe?

Thats the minimum amount they would loose on their player base if they do that.

So no, its not going to happen.
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a rollback we need more than a few hours. This issue has supposedly been known since closed beta. We could need as much as a few days to even a week to cover it's wide spread use and that might not kill off all the damage that was done.

A wipe is the only way to kill the damage done for sure.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    shadowyoppressorshadowyoppressor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See that 30% up there that says no to a wipe?

Thats the maximum amount they would loose on their player base if they do that.

So no, its not going to happen.

./fixed for you
  • Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    How convenient, right?

I'm sorry, but do you know how stupid you sound? People that bought the AD with real money worked for it too, in comparison, their job took them a lot more effort than you sitting at your computer.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I only support a full wipe if I can get a refund on the Zen I spent on this game.

There are certain things I doubt I could get a refund on. Such as my $30 wolf mount. I'll keep that. But what about all those Nightmare Lockbox keys I bought? I never got the mount, but I did get the Phoera fire bird pet!!!!!! Do I get my pet back? Cause after spending so much money on keys and no mount, once I got the pet I just gave up and stopped there!

What if I didn't get my pet back but all my Zen? What happens if I start opening lock boxes and don't get a pet or the mount! I will be extremely disappointed! Actually, because I want to prevent that from happening, I'll probably just want all my Zen back and not even bother opening Lockboxes whatsoever!

Also, what about the $6 respec fee? Yes! I spent $6 to respec my TR. But if we get a wipe, then what happens to those 600 zen? I just get back 600 Zen???? But I don't need those 600 zen anymore! Since this will be my 2nd playthrough, I will know how to spec correctly this time around! Can I get a refund for those 600 zen that I originally purchased for a respec and won't need anymore if they wipe everything?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    divenity wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but do you know how stupid you sound? People that bought the AD with real money worked for it too, in comparison, their job took them a lot more effort than you sitting at your computer.

Okay, friend.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ./fixed for you

If these forums are like others only about 10% of the population uses them, that means you have no idea what the 90% that don't even know about the exploits would do.
  • Options
    tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say wipe it. Even though I have both founders packs and have my companion up to 24 and my Professions maxed etcetcetc
    I would prefer a wipe to know that the economy and stability of the game is intact. Because down the road 3 month to a year we'll all look back and say, we really should had wiped it so the economy was stable, now many people left because its in ruins.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    If these forums are like others only about 10% of the population uses them, that means you have no idea what the 90% that don't even know about the exploits would do.

Yep, that's true.
  • Options
    edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ./fixed for you

He was correct to say "minimum"
    Not every person who plays this game comments and votes on polls on the forum.
    So, you fixed nothing for no one.
This discussion has been closed.