test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And the servers are down.

Comments

• kik97kik97 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it is open beta, and as everyone knows: that means the intention is to test out the game and also to try and crash the servers so they can fix them so it hopefully doesn't happen when the game eventually goes to live mode.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaliran wrote: »
    Any estimations on how long it's going to be down? Launcher doesn't mention anything.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
    Keep track of it here.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • jkdoble16jkdoble16 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they reset it I just started and was stuck on the bridge. been there an hour then server came down I hope thye do not put me back stuck! Sorry to those of you higher levels that maybe be effected by a roll back.
    "Trust Your Instincts"
  • airhead2xmfairhead2xmf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kik97 wrote: »
    Well it is open beta, and as everyone knows: that means the intention is to test out the game and also to try and crash the servers so they can fix them so it hopefully doesn't happen when the game eventually goes to live mode.

OK but let us know! Give us an ETA or smth. Communicate with us. This silence if friggin bullcrap, ******* Blizzard does the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has sold millions of dollars worth of consumable (and consumed) lock box keys, so the game is launched. 'Open Beta' is a cya designation to mitigate PR damage when a new game implodes in the first few weeks, which has basically happened today for NWO. This game is perilously close to matching the D3 launch debacle; maybe it is already worse from a game economy standpoint barring a rollback.
  • drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ummm........ ^^^^^
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jkdoble16 wrote: »
    I hope they reset it I just started and was stuck on the bridge. been there an hour then server came down I hope thye do not put me back stuck! Sorry to those of you higher levels that maybe be effected by a roll back.

If you are stuck anywhere do /stuck or /killme in the chat. That should do the trick.
    Also, they haven't mentioned anything about re-rolling on twitter.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can keep putting blame with Perfect World, but the real blame goes to the exploiters! They have effectively ruined it for everyone else. If there is a roll back so be it, but I hope they Ban everyone who knowingly exploited this bug. And I hope they are founders so they can take a hit like the rest of us.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can thank all the website farmers and cheaters for this...

Only takes a few to ruin it for all of us...
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • izgaraizgara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So could somebody explain what happened, exactly? As someone who just tried to log in 30 minutes ago and found the servers down (surprise!), I have no idea what's going on. Tried to read this thread, but found no useful information - just the discussion about an exploit. What exploit? What happened to the AH?

Maybe we aren't allowed to discuss it. If that's the case, sorry for the inquiry ^^; Just would like to know what's happening.
    edited May 2013
    People were posting the Cat Companion on the ah and then bidding a negative Astral Diamond amount and getting both the diamonds and the companion. It has caused a major economy issue that they are now attempting to fix, and I quote :
    "Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame
    Update: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts."

Let the Ban Hammer comence!!
    edited May 2013
    izgara wrote: »
    So could somebody explain what happened, exactly? As someone who just tried to log in 30 minutes ago and found the servers down (surprise!), I have no idea what's going on. Tried to read this thread, but found no useful information - just the discussion about an exploit. What exploit? What happened to the AH?

Maybe we aren't allowed to discuss it. If that's the case, sorry for the inquiry ^^; Just would like to know what's happening.

Basically, it's down because of all the lazy people who don't want to EARN their stuff and cheat and take advantage of exploits like all of the gold farmers from the various websites. They literally have hundreds of people taking advantage of these exploits to make money.
    Dragon Shard:
  • dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People were posting the Cat Companion on the ah and then bidding a negative Astral Diamond amount and getting both the diamonds and the companion. It has caused a major economy issue that they are now attempting to fix, and I quote :
    "Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame
    Update: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts."

Let the Ban Hammer comence!!

Ok now that makes some sense. Someone had listed some mounts on the AH and had a -AD amount. I was wondering WTF was up.
    edited May 2013
    Yay ban hammer!
    tumblr_lx9ifmGWWf1r25dcg.gif
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
  • armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    izgara wrote: »

Ppl just made billions of AD since server opened. One day ago this bug went into public. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  • brickz3684brickz3684 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they just announce on twitter 2 more hours of downtime..............
  • dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This link shows what the real issue was
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCkDcx6KIs
    edited May 2013
    dalgomar wrote: »
    This link shows what the real issue was
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCkDcx6KIs

Sir AJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!
    edited May 2013
    What they should do is ban all the accounts that have cheated and excessively used exploits for gain, then do an AH wipe. When the AH resets and sends all items back to the owners, those listed under banned accounts won't be able to be relisted in the AH. Just a thought...
    Dragon Shard:
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    What they should do is ban all the accounts that have cheated and excessively used exploits for gain, then do an AH wipe. When the AH resets and sends all items back to the owners, those listed under banned accounts won't be able to be relisted in the AH. Just a thought...

Two Thumbs Up!!
  • jalaminjalamin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Now this is a good solution.
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    how do those people come to a conclusion that someone is cheating anyway? I mean when I go to the game I se just many players.. some has high level some low.. some has probably high level equipment and some dont.. I dont know.. I see this in every MMO.. so how someone can notice that someone else is cheating and then report it? It is like "that guy there has nice armor.. I dont have it.. why he has this armor and me not? he must be cheating"... Is that the way it goes? Or what is that?
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • virunhvirunh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah... some waiting
  • nayton8900nayton8900 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news on when the servers will be back up?
  • nullptrnullptr Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Seems like the could have used some kind of testing to prevent this =), and by that i mean beta testing, however beta testing is expensive so why not just call it a beta and let people spend real cash, an thereby making a character wipe impossible.

Really to bad that it went this way I really love the game play in this game.
  • undyinundyin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    how do those people come to a conclusion that someone is cheating anyway? I mean when I go to the game I se just many players.. some has high level some low.. some has probably high level equipment and some dont.. I dont know.. I see this in every MMO.. so how someone can notice that someone else is cheating and then report it? It is like "that guy there has nice armor.. I dont have it.. why he has this armor and me not? he must be cheating"... Is that the way it goes? Or what is that?

The reason that so many people are going to get banned is because there was a huge exploit in the AH. (hence was it was down). It was leaked within in the week and now NW staff actually watched the AH for exploiters. They probably pulled enough data throughout the week to toss the banhammer. Enough you you good sir?
  • draagunxdraagunx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE is about to get a rude awakening if they think not keep people updated what's going on is okay even if it is Beta they are taking people's money.
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »

The better question would be how he/she got it. Did they earn it by doing the normal things in the game or did they use exploits that allowed them to gain items and such at a quicker pace than was anticipated? Everything you do in a MMO is recorded. EVERYTHING! They can go through and see exactly how things were acquired and determine whether you cheated or not.
    Dragon Shard:
  • stopthi5stopthi5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That would be nice, but much easier said than done I am sure.
  • lisbeth1986lisbeth1986 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spend your astral diamonds here!!