test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• Options
    eisprizessineisprizessin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please, wipe everything and refund purchased ZEN to PWE accounts. This is the only way the game may yet become something else than dead haven for cheaters and dupers.
  • Options
    helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I am all for a complete wipe with purchased Zen and founders AD refunds. Seriously, who ever heard of taking cash transactions during a beta? It
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North
  • Options
    mrantgmrantg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pro wipe people are the people who farm cloak tower/pirate lair (which has a no real useful t2 parts) and complain that the loot they get is worth 5k AD at best... If they go to a harder epic dungeon ie lair of the mad dragon then they will find that items sell for 800k+. They think the economy is bad as they can't make money (while it is quite easy to do so in a legit manner). The supply and demand seems alright tbh at most this exploit will warrant a rollback but if they can easily target the abusers then why should others suffer?
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm a consumer. A real consumer and customer i.e. I spend money and lots of it.

I can careless about anyone who has exploited, cheated or whatever. It has no effect on me or the vast majority of players.

I wish you all would stop talking about this stupid wipe, It seems it is only those that haven't spent money asking for it. Or Founders who had early access and did not get the advantage from it that they wanted and because of that want a "Do Over". If I even see them consider a wipe I will no longer consume, spend money or be a customer.

If it wasn't for people like me none of you free loaders would be able to play this game for free. You need to stop thinking about what is best for you and start thinking about what is best for everyone. Not everyone in your guild, Not everyone that agrees with you. Not everyone on the forums. Not everyone that YOU Know. EVERYONE! 90% of the player base is not even aware of any of the issues you pro wipe people are all twisted about. Get over it, move on and lets enjoy this game!
  • Options
    realmetzirrealmetzir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its open BETA. a phase of a game meant to find bugs like this. why ban those who found it?

Rollback, no bans.

Side note Idid not partake in the exploit, though onceI read up on it once servers went down, I very well may of.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh, I also love how you conveniently left out of the Poll the option for people to vote NO WIPE lol.
  • Options
    grayvenraynegrayvenrayne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In descending order of complexity/controversiality:

1. Perma-ban any account that participated.
    2. Return all items sold for negative amounts to the seller.
    3. Reset everyone's AD/Zen balance to the amount it was at the time the first exploit occurred, plus any Zen purchased since then.
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys really need to stop calling this beta. We're not in beta any more:

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Look at the list of games. Look at Neverwinter. There is an 'L' next to it. That stands for Live, as in released. If this was still Open Beta, there would be an 'O' next to it, as per the legend right above the list of games.

This game is Live. It's released. This isn't beta.
  • Options
    thelcarthelcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as any zen used during the time period of rollback or wipe is credited back to those that spent it I wouldn't be bothered by a wipe or a rollback. However if no compensation were to be made then I'd have an issue. leveling isn't all that hard.. but I do admit it took quite a bit of effort to get my crafting/crafters where they are.
  • Options
    bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x5hades wrote: »
    Wipe all assets everything, amour,weapons, crafting assets, bags you name it!

Refund all legit paid for with real money ZEN.

Keep levels gained.

Insert a NPC that gives out stock amour and weapons at your level for free that is bound on pickup.

This gets rid of all ill gotten gains without rolling back levels. (keep crafting levels)

I spent my own time and effort leveling my character because I like playing self-found and don't care for economy or other peoples issues. I can't stand for legit players being punished because of others exploiting beta-stage glitches so if there is an alternative to a complete wipe, I would take this.
  • Options
    broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If someone TRULY loves the game, then account full wipe. If someone hates the game and is just playing it because they invested some time... then get them out of our community. Full wipe please and thank you.
  • Options
    manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    broddr wrote: »
    If someone TRULY loves the game, then account full wipe. If someone hates the game and is just playing it because they invested some time... then get them out of our community. Full wipe please and thank you.

Well said. Full wipe or game is dead. Guaranteed. Just refund AD to founders and zen to purchasers.
  • Options
    gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please open a fresh server, so that people who want a clean start can start over after this issue. (Like me)
  • Options
    kithrankithran Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am 100% in favor of a full wipe, but only if I got all the Zen I purchased back (in Zen form, not asking for the cash back).

If they wipe and people lose the Zen they paid real money for? Pitchforks and torches boys....pitchforks and torches....
  • Options
    womak1womak1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback 24/48h no more !!
  • Options
    davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously what else can you do then full wipe?
    By handing out the 72h bans to previous exploiters, it was same as saying exploiting is allowed. Now it just hit PWE back double time by inflating their cash shop.

But to be honest, i dont really care anymore. Without a wipe the game is not worth playing. With wipe, im not sure if i bother leveling a new character anymore.

This is kinda how I feel as well.
  • Options
    joe15552joe15552 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's what can be done besides full wipe: punish the exploiters. The admin has the experience, the personnel, the power, and the technology to punish the exploiters without punishing everyone. This method is far more effective than a full wipe. Why? It singles out the ones that exploited, and rewards the ones that didn't.
  • Options
    kelarckelarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though the game might loose people about this a full wipe is the only way to go. So far i heard about at least 3 Major exploits in this game which is still in its infancy. the economy is collapsed and even if they get all exploiters and ban them the AD numbers are hugely inflated due to the exploiters interacting with the rest of the economy. A full wipe is the only way to fix it. (unless the Devs are willing to rollback EVERY single transaction any of the exploiters ever did which should be next to impossible...)
  • Options
    deadman300deadman300 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    close game forever and move on.

horrible dev team. these kind of things shouldn't even happen in an alpha version of the game.
  • Options
    deadman300deadman300 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    close game forever and move on.

horrible dev team. these kind of things shouldn't even happen in an alpha version of the game.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Partial Wipe:
    Keep toons & XP, wipe all AD, Zen & gear and replace with uncommon level gear. Refund Zen + Founder's packs. Give some deal sweeteners to everyone.
  • Options
    fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    open a 4th fresh server for people who don't want to play corrupt servers to reroll and play on.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are people who came by their gear legitimately. The only way I could swallow a wipe is if I were compensated with a Hero Pack.
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I seriously am having a hard time with this wipe debate. Is the answer really to just clear everything and start from fresh? And if so does that mean we do this each time a new exploit upsets the balance of things? Seems like a bad precedent to start. Makes me think of table flipping during a board game.

If something drastic must be done I vote for the new server option. that way those who want a clean start can go there and those who would rather stick things out can stay put. And I am aware of their intentions to merge servers, so if a new server is the choice just always keep it separate.
  • Options
    davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joe15552 wrote: »
    Here's what can be done besides full wipe: punish the exploiters. The admin has the experience, the personnel, the power, and the technology to punish the exploiters without punishing everyone. This method is far more effective than a full wipe. Why? It singles out the ones that exploited, and rewards the ones that didn't.

That is extremely well said. There is something to be said about a simple reward for those playing legit/honorably, within the rules. This also sets a precedence for any future "would-be" violators. And a wipe will most likely prevent many from spending money again, and never let free players become confident enough to make their first purchase and become paying customers.
  • Options
    soppiannasoppianna Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out of the choices given, wipe would fix the problem but unless they fix everything else we are just going to be back in the boat. I have spent time and a few bucks on the game and because I am a newer player (week...I think.) so of course a wipe makes the most sense to me, but if that be the case they would have to put something like a "store credit" thing or refund the amount of zen.

Silly as it sounds I always thought it funny I could buy things in a beta :) I was of course anticipating a wipe or roll back of some nature being a beta after all..and then went and spent money :P Listen to your gut!

If the way things work stay the same it not to terribly long to level (I am sure most people played the horrendous leveling nightmare that is ..other mmos that I could name but will not to protect the innocent.) and most things should come with work or grind..it gives more hardcore people accomplishment which I would assume is what most games want...well not really they want your money but more people will play something fun and makes them feel good. So I really just don't want to play on a game that it comes so easily and people purposely exploiting are given the slap on the wrist that is a three day ban.

I hope this was not insulting or angry, that was not the intention. So in short a wipe would probably be the best course to repair the damage done, a roll back at the least, but in the end you always have someone who will look for and pass along the cracks in the system and exploits, so the real question is, what do we do when this happens again? Can we really say what is the best course of action now if we can't stop it from repeat? Betas are meant to help fix a game for release, like test servers/realms on others. If we can't actually fix anything..well then what have we done.

/end the wall of text.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely not. I shall not pay for the exploiter's sins.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    banquettobanquetto Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server wipe. It's crazy to think that you should launch a game with un-wiped characters from beta at the best of times, but when you've had as many critical bugs and exploits as Neverwinter has, it's even more important to finish your beta phase, get all the exploits fixed, then wipe and launch.

Edit: I see some have suggested opening a fresh clean server to coincide with launch. I guess that would work too, it could be like open and closed b.net, those who wanted to play a proper fair game could reroll on the fresh server.
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If we do a wipe can I FINALLY get all of my founder's items please?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    nicomadoxnicomadox Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why not just wipe all items / currency and leave the characters and professions intact?
    another solution is to bring up a new shard and those pple who want to start fresh in a new server without any doubt of corruption can go there.