Install Arc
Options

And the servers are down.

Comments

• Options
    namininamini Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    troublex2 wrote: »
    The last time they warned us about maintenance . . .They apologized and said that they wouldn't do that again.

Sounds like they lived up to their promise!
  • Options
    dicemakerdicemaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has given me a foundry idea....Night of the living cats :D
  • Options
    sekektzsekektz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice of them to make an announcement in game and in the forums...

I kind of expect something on the website to tell me it's expected downtime rather then somebody telling me they made an announcement on twitter.

Really poor show.
  • Options
    galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "it is beta" excuse is getting a bit old. What we have here is the result of a large game getting less than 2 weeks of closed beta testing. What we have here is the result of not even bothering to CB test a large portion of the game at all. It is a result of a company using CB as a marketing and revenue generating tool, not as a way to test for bugs.

Yes, it is beta. But it is becoming a bad beta. Now, there is clearly panic sweat forming. Servers just turned off with no warning at all, hours after the horses are already out of the barn. 8th graders are picking the code in this game apart. It is getting hard to like this game.
  • Options
    troublex2troublex2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL! Nice catch!
  • Options
    troublex2troublex2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why didn't my quote work?
  • Options
    garamore1garamore1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to agree, a few minutes notice would have been nice, to allow people to move to a safe area.

Yes of course, a few minutes notice would have been very nice.. to the exploiters who then would have been warned and had time to push their cheated Astral Diamonds to other accounts before being banned.
    I heard criminals would prefer if the police knocked before the raid, would only be fair.
  • Options
    drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who was Exploiting the ah should be banned! Thats right Banned! If you were exploiting the game, you are a cheater and nothing more and should be banned. Everyone else will have a better game experience for it, as I would venture that alot of these exploiters/cheaters are also loot ninjas.
    I hope everyone who exploited the AH gets the Ban hammer, and I dont care if you spent money to be a founder as you violated the Eula.
  • Options
    iwilluseitagainiwilluseitagain Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This C(at)urrency is ridiculous.
  • Options
    scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    If my girlfriend went down this much, I'd never be playing this game.
  • Options
    draekusdraekus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm diggin' it.
  • Options
    scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    If my girlfriend went down this much, I'd never play this game.
  • Options
    princessbgumprincessbgum Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what happens when you combine cats and the internet...
  • Options
    dgagvgegdgagvgeg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter@NeverwinterGame 39s

Update: the shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
  • Options
    silvrbluesilvrblue Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... No admins that can say how long the servers are going to be down? And why they are down? Like.. At least in WoW we got a notice somewhere...

Edit:
    The above post was not here when i posted...
  • Options
    forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    troublex2 wrote: »
    The last time they warned us about maintenance they gave us the wrong date. They apologized and said that they wouldn't do that again. Did anyone see an in-game message or forum post this time that I missed?

No. They just did it again. But hey - it is Sunday and they are trying to fix the game.
  • Options
    dgagvgegdgagvgeg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter@NeverwinterGame 39s

Update: the shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
  • Options
    drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone complaining about the game being brought down to fix these kinds of issues, obviously hasnt beta tested very many new games. When WoW went live it was down for days at a time not a few hours, many of the other games I have tested had similar issues. I Have to give Perfect World a huge thumbs up for the speed in which they are finding and fixing these issues.

Patience is a virtue people. Time to learn some patience ;p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone complaining about the game being brought down to fix these kinds of issues, obviously hasnt beta tested very many new games. When WoW went live it was down for days at a time not a few hours, many of the other games I have tested had similar issues. I Have to give Perfect World a huge thumbs up for the speed in which they are finding and fixing these issues.

• Options
    theyuttytheyutty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the post in the sticky didn't mention the servers coming down. can we get a estimate on when it'll be back up, i really want a cat now that everyones talkin about one.
  • Options
    brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Problem is that there are people, in all MMO's that just have to have the best gear, be in the best Guild, blah blah blah...It's a game, instead of enjoying it...all they really want to do is belittle people.instead of trying to help others become better players. I'm so sick of the whining in all chats about of that game is better than this blah..blah blah...STFU and just enjoy the game or leave..geez
  • Options
    yablorkinyablorkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    galthis wrote: »
    Yes, it is beta. But it is becoming a bad beta.

No, it stopped being beta once they started accepting real money and declared no more wipes.

A real beta is for debugging and stress testing the servers. Then wipe everything for a live launch where everyone starts off fresh.
  • Options
    galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The speed in which they are finding? They are not finding any of these major bugs until after billions of RL exhangable currency have already been exploited out of/in to the game. Not until the exploits are the sole topic of discussion in zone chats. For this you give them kudos? Please. How can a AAA release let you bid negative millions of currency on an item and receive the item and all of the currency? That is absurd, and comical that they have allowed this to happen. Easily preventable. But since they could not even get the search function in the AH done correctly, I guess it is no surprise.
  • Options
    hambone85hambone85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You know who else hasn't beta tested much? Perfect World
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was like no notice, no announcement on main page or forums.... only.. twitter.

TBH just when i wanted to play.

At least let us use gateway for crafting :/
  • Options
    shaliranshaliran Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any estimations on how long it's going to be down? Launcher doesn't mention anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you are unhappy with the way things are being handled then maybe you should just find another game that meets your standards. I personally am very impressed with their performance. Also what kind of player trys to input a negative value into an AH? A cheater/exploiter/undesirable and in my opinion should be Banned as I stated in my other post. No one is perfect, things slip by, I blame that on the beta testers, myself included for not reporting these buggs as we found them.
  • Options
    lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I hope when the servers come back on line its a complete server wipe everything and everyone back to 0 all Zen purchases all AD refunded to founders everything back to day 1.
  • Options
    tanuki036tanuki036 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got an invitation from a friend to try this game out today, so I downloaded the game and I was going through the character creation when the server went down. No message other than "Server is unavailable at this time" with no ETA on the launcher etc... The forum takes forever to load too...not a good first impression, I am sorry to say. :(