test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• accidental0accidental0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok... well let me clean that up... how or what is CATS in PW??? I am not understanding this concept???

I am thinking you might wanna think about cutting this game and making a 3.5 set up or Pathfinders set up... this game lacks the free will D&D was made for and 4.0D&D is D&D for Dummys... I don't think this game has shown me anything NWN1 and NWN2 had... and NWN1 is by far a better game not as in graphics but in game play... Just needs a nice Upgrade like this, but would more class's and races... even put it in a big Perfect World setting...

Accidenatl
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cat is the best companion of the game and cost 1 million AD in the vendors...

so 1 cat= 1 million AD, right now there is people GIFTING them for joining their clan, or selling them for 1 key/10 gold... etc
  • debarrierdebarrier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meh wipe it done.
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't be opposed to a wipe for a official launch. I think this game would be much more enjoyable with out all the exploiters ruining the balance and economy of the game.

Though if that is the case, I would assume we would have all zen refunded as well as any AD received from the founders pack.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
    edited May 2013
    TY that helped me understand that a lot better. I was clueless to what you all ment.
  • melissandramelissandra Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What, people gift the best companion in game for joining their clan ? Wtf.. where can I join one of them ?
    How easy are they to obtain if people gift them away?
    edited May 2013
    well I been playing for about a month and bearly made 200k 2 times... so I could see getting one in about every 2-3 months.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ampzkii wrote: »
    Agreed on that. That's the solution to go for in my opinion.

As you said all stuff just returns and players only have to resell/rebuy items.

The problem I can see with this is if someone bought item(s) with diamonds and then gave away/traded the item(s) so another player has it, it can be hard to track down if the system don't log items with individual ID's.

The other problem I see are if the diamonds someone got from selling item(s) in auction are used so there is no/not enough diamonds to give back for the item(s) sold. But do it simple and just take all the diamonds available. The buyers are anyway the ppl who have exploited the glitch most I think.

Someone may have a suggestion that is better than this, but based on this principle. Please do write in this case, so we can get the best possible solution to this problem. The main thing is anyway that you are doing a rollback on just what happened on the Auction House for a suitable time (24-72h, that you see in the logs when the issue exploded).

Best regards
    Tommy

I believe this is the best solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massivenoobmassivenoob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think instead of a full character wipe, just wipe all currency, refund all purchases, reset all gear, and give people entry level gear for t1 dungeons (greens), essentially just give everyone a level 60 starter pack of sorts.
  • nova1690nova1690 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think instead of a full character wipe, just wipe all currency, refund all purchases, reset all gear, and give people entry level gear for t1 dungeons (greens), essentially just give everyone a level 60 starter pack of sorts.

Good idea if it's possible, that sounds like it would be rough to do.
  • levitatemelevitateme Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    I too would be ticked about a wipe but seeing how people are now joining in the exploits (AH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going down) I am starting to feel over half the player base is going to end up being banned. A Wipe might not be too bad if they gave us some things to go with it.

1) A 60 of your choice (or more depending on how many you may have already leveled)
    2) A set of gear for your character where progression SHOULD BE in this game without all these exploits going on
    3) All of our AD placed back in to our accounts
    4) All zen placed back
    5) Professions set to the same amount before wipe
    6) Any rare items such as Phoera, Heavy Inferno, or Nightmare mount bought with the bars...placed in bags (Only if the account unlocked it or bought it without exploit)

None of those will probably happen so a Wipe is very unlikely. However, at this time and seeing people still being idiots; I am not against it anymore.

+1 for this plan.
    Currently working on : Shopping Mall Security (NW-xxxxxxxxx)
    Author of the LGBT quest: Alternative Entertainment (NW-DHQPDNBZM)
  • kimberlin89kimberlin89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a wipe does not happen, im sad to say this but im asking for a refund, that is not acceptable. You can ban x amount of people but the market will still be screwed up and a few people will still be running around with millions of AD.
  • fuquashawnfuquashawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off I would like to say this game is remarkable. I have truly enjoyed playing the last 24 hours. I have already made it to level 10. Played till 6am this morning and already back at it. As far as a rollback is concerned I can honestly say my entire Saturday will have been for not. I work long hours and my weekends are valuable to me. Needless to say, a rollback would definitely upset me just a bit. However, Inflated prices for the next month would make me far more upset. If you feel that a rollback is what is needed to correct the majority of the problem then you indeed have my blessing for what it is worth. I understand that your logic must include all your games considering this virus has spread to every one of your working economies and for the moment banning that ill gotten currency is priority one.
    I would like to suggest a move if I may. As of now there a precious few that are ignorant to the fate that has befallen our once great economy. That said, I cannot help but to read in a state of awe the number of people at this moment who are lining up to benefit from the inevitable inflation of said economy. Cats, cats seem to be the absolute exchange and only stable currency at the moment. Again if I may suggest, any and all who are trading in large quantities of said item need to be immediately banned. In my opinion this is just an extension of the same said exploit. The same absolute pungent misbehavior that has caused so many of us grief at no wrongdoing of our own. Don't misrepresent my statement, I by no means mean every cat trader currently in game, just the worst of the bunch.
    That being said I have a few questions that I have no answer too.
    1) I am standing here next to the auctioneer with bags full of loot that I have acquired in last night's very enjoyable quest run's . My bank is full and I am unable to continue playing until the auction is back online. Do we even have speculation as to when the auction will be reinstated? Your answer will make a much needed decision as to what I will do next.
    2) Can you explain in general terms what the exploit affected? At the moment I see cats are on the list. These are items I wish to have no association with but without more information I cannot know what to avoid.
    3) My intent this morning was to charge Zen and purchase some much needed supplies. At this point I am afraid the outcome may affect Zen purchases. Is it safe to Purchase from the store or is it in my best interest to pause that decision until this mess has been sorted out? Please answer this with all honesty. my purchase is inevitable whatever the answer and will only respect this company more with a solid honest answer.

I wish you and your team the best of luck and with great anticipation hope to see the hammer of justice come down hard and fast with knowledge backing it up.
  • victormestrovicvictormestrovic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    levitateme wrote: »
    +1 for this plan.

Horrible plan to those who worked hard for what they have. My group has ran t2 dungeons for roughly 150 hours already, going without more than 3 hour of sleep a day just to get our gear. The horrible drop rate of good gear and 40 to 70 minute spellplague dungeon is a horrendous experience to re-farm for five people again. No one even noticed an issue until the zen bubble burst around 1 am pst. If anything, roll back to when the issue began. I'd like to mention that I am consistently under 200k AD because the drops simply never favored my class in several of the dungeons and was forced to buy off AH. The AH standardized prices of items was actually being undercut by 50% on most items listed FYI. This means that the economy was functioning as intended up until around 2am this morning. Example: I received a pair of sinister shade boots from th efrost dungeon t2 item and was recommended by AH to sell for 750k AD.. but due to the market conditions was forced to place up for 300k to compete with supply. This game doesn't need a substantial rollback. It needs the accounts of all involved banned, without a chance for redemption. All individuals who have traded with said individual ought to be properly investigated and banned as well to avoid item mules existing on separate accounts. A full refund to all purchases may be even more difficult to simply "roll back" as well, due to the horrendous RNG system in place within the zen market.

In summary: a roll back to noon yesterday would restore the market, a banning of all those involves would punish the culprits and protect the economy, and a fixed AH that never received proper attention this entire OB must be corrected. Proper item level search functions, ways to sort by more than typing the exact name of what you are looking for, and let's not forget a system that doesn't run into negative values in terms of currency or bid timers that somehow go below 0 minutes without awarding the correct winner their items.
  • randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depending on how they will handle this, I will decide whether to stick around or uninstall and get a refund of my founder pack.

Economy is ruined because all of those ADs that were filtered to even the players that did not cheat. Those who bought ZEN / or founder packs lost bigtime because of it.

Also the non cheating players will be faced with astronomical prices in AD for everything.

Either full wipe or dead game where only bots and cheaters hang.

This. Logged out and will wait to see how this plays out.
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
  • starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Booohooo you cheated, got caught and are getting banned! I raise my glass to PWE for getting rid of you scum. All those guys in Get Carried are exploiters on all of their toons, look into them as well. We removed them from our guild for exploiting the Spider.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eras25eras25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most common sense is to do complete wipe.

Refund Zen back to those who purchased it and Founders will have their items when we start fresh anyway.
    It will be better then having economy in the state we are in.

Less desirable option is to do 1-2 days roll back, before this became mainstream exploit and then look at Logs for those who exploited it before.

By not doing wipe or roll back, can not see this problem addressed in any other way. Cryptic / Perfectworld will not have man power to manually trace thousands upon thousands transactions / trades that happened this morning!

Doing roll back, you will gain more fan base, then by not doing it.
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think anyone working for cryptic should do 2 things before blowing past my post, along with all the rest..First look at my account and the amount of cash I have put into the game. Second, read my forum postings and how I have defended this beta test, and other aspects..

Now understand that allowing this level of exploiting and not rolling back would mean I can no longer invest money or support the actions of the dev team for this game.

I am just one person, but consider that no one is going to take this game seriously from this point on. The class balancing and grouping issues will come in time, but if you let this stand it will effect everything from here on out as far as economics go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    if you aren't going to wipe servers, create a 4th server that all of us who don't want to play a corrupt server can go reroll and play on.

that is all i ask, i would make a thread about this but i don't have thread creating privileges for some odd reason....
  • panzer88panzer88 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you aren't going to wipe servers, create a 4th server that all of us who don't want to play a corrupt server can go reroll and play on.

that is all i ask, i would make a thread about this but i don't have thread creating privileges for some odd reason....

I like this idea a lot. It gives people the choice to continue in a wrecked economy or start fresh. It pleases both sides at the same time.
  • imtankbruhimtankbruh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the idea of a 4th fresh server.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    If I was a HotN player or Guardian, I would try for a class action law suit.

On what grounds?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• mofugga9mofugga9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IP ban everyone using the ah exploit
  • papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanna quote Handover fist from heavy metal... Hanging is to good for them...Burning is to good for them... They should be torn into little bitsy pieces... LOL ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHgMsvpFm08Ok..... I play STO for like almost 3 yrs now and when it goes down I can always find a thread on the forum for an estimated time when its coming back up ... Why can I not find 1 here and does anybody know what time NW is coming back up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    On what grounds?

Fraud.

/10char
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • implodemeimplodeme Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also was looking at making a purchase for Zen as there are some things that I want, surprisingly enough and normally will never pay money in a F2P game. World of Tanks is the only one I have put money in to date.

I have spent roughly 20 enjoyable hours on one character thus far, never been to AH, never really paid attn to the spammers in cities. I feel best solution is some sort of reset is in order, be it full reset or partial. The fast end gamers, complaining their fruits being lost from the last few days.. well, that's just another weekend day for you. For me, I would lose all my progress from the last 2 weeks. - I think this is a better solution than hoping things level out.

Sorry, but this is just a bunch of 1010100010111100101 in a database... not someones life.
  • waiwarwaiwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Booohooo you cheated, got caught and are getting banned! I raise my glass to PWE for getting rid of you scum. All those guys in Get Carried are exploiters on all of their toons, look into them as well. We removed them from our guild for exploiting the Spider.

wrong :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/
  • garamore1garamore1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mofugga9 wrote: »
    IP ban everyone using the ah exploit

Sure, but only if you promise to keep quiet if you are one of the unlucky souls who get the banned IP the next day/week and can't play because of that..
    IP Addresses are not necessarily fixed to a household.. this is only the case for certain connection types and of course businesses/servers. Otherwise they may change as often as every 24 hours and are redistributed between the customers of that internet provider/region.
    elessym wrote: »
    Fraud.

/10char

Nope.. good luck though, your pocket lawyer will read the Terms of Use and license agreement that you apparently just scrolled through without reading and clicked "accept". I'm sure they say somewhere that they can not be held responsible for things like that.

Other than that.. why threaten legal action immediately? only makes you look stupid.. just talk to billing support, I'm very sure they will understand. Cryptic/PWE support may have all hands full and not be able to respond immediately, but they generally are very generous and understanding. If you specifically ask for a refund, you should get it.
  • bonebags21bonebags21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eras25 wrote: »
    Most common sense is to do complete wipe.

Refund Zen back to those who purchased it and Founders will have their items when we start fresh anyway.
    It will be better then having economy in the state we are in.

Less desirable option is to do 1-2 days roll back, before this became mainstream exploit and then look at Logs for those who exploited it before.

By not doing wipe or roll back, can not see this problem addressed in any other way. Cryptic / Perfectworld will not have man power to manually trace thousands upon thousands transactions / trades that happened this morning!

Doing roll back, you will gain more fan base, then by not doing it.

+1 I agree with this poster wipe or roll back a couple of days.
  • kafrospaladinkafrospaladin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is an absolute failure until now anyway.
    This exploit was a known issue from Alpha and they didnt even care.
    Better solution? Shut the game down. GG
This discussion has been closed.