test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• Options
    hyphenjayhyphenjay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they COULD go in the game and ban those spammers trying hard to sell the Cats they bought with the exploited ADs....
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rollback until when? Apparently this bug was in from the start.

Ok. The thing went HAYWIRE in the last 24 hrs.

Realistically, a roll back of 24 hours is to do DAMAGE control. and will at least help the ah return faster.

A full WIPE....no way. Even if u have no knowledge of buisness...you should know the refunds, the loss of players, etc etc.....THIS IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Bug been around for weeks? Ok so the ones doing it quietly...handful perhaps? Not in the 3 digit area for sure.FINE, they get off. They'll have no problems whatsoever buying anything ingame.....THIS HANDFUL get off.

In the last 24 hours...this reached DEFCON1. Hundreds maybe thousands foudn out, they started exploiting.TOTALLY disabling the game.

To DAMAGE CONTROL. ROllback at least 24 hours...so the thousands that went ape sheet, get screwd back to normal status.
    Then you'll be left with that original handful...ALSO cut down...cos more likely they also were exploiting in the last 24 hrs.

These few left over, that exploited and saved ad....OK...the game can and will go on. The economy will return, and these few will be having a good time...BUT IT WON'T END THE GAME.
    Roll back 24 hours to undo this rash....and everything will be back to normal.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    lightrainslightrains Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not mind a rollback AT ALL, losing some gear to lessen this superinflation is a good trade TBH. Even though the trade shouldn't be on the table in the first place.
  • Options
    edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm a little annoyed that over a period of a week I legitimately worked my way from 400,000 AD (bought a small amount of zen for cash) to about 2.3 million AD (you can tell it's legit because it's not billoins or trillions) without doing dungeons above Tier 1 or any selling of BoE epics, just buying and reselling. Now I have almost no AD because it's currently locked in the exchanges balance and I cannot withdraw it. I literally have to go and farm AD to be able to buy Ident Scrolls again now.

Think I'll sit the game out for a few days, and maybe argue for a refund for the Zen I bought if I get wiped or rolled back.

Problem with things like this is when there are currency exploits around, the chance that some of it ultimately made its way into your hands is highly likely. Buying something cheap and reselling it at a higher price.. who do you think is purchasing things at a higher price? People with a lot of currency. And who has a lot of currency? Exploiters. Not just exploiters, but they're in there making purchases with AD that was obtained through exploitation. AD that is now in your hands.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    PWI need to shut the gateway down until they fix the exploit for one and do that right now not in a hour.

The gateway has been down and back up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    theyll leave it up a while longer.

I'll tell you why:

So they can watch and see who does what.

You want ppl caught and banned or not? You want the legitimate victims seperated from the abusers? THen let them gather some evidence for a bit.

You don't shoot the flock. You take time to get a good aim and then take your shot.
  • Options
    noppe102noppe102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dammit I don't want to lose **** I've worked my *** off farming

How about this; item and AD reset, but you get to keep an amount relative to your /played
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm a little annoyed that over a period of a week I legitimately worked my way from 400,000 AD (bought a small amount of zen for cash) to about 2.3 million AD (you can tell it's legit because it's not billoins or trillions) without doing dungeons above Tier 1 or any selling of BoE epics, just buying and reselling. Now I have almost no AD because it's currently locked in the exchanges balance and I cannot withdraw it. I literally have to go and farm AD to be able to buy Ident Scrolls again now.

Think I'll sit the game out for a few days, and maybe argue for a refund for the Zen I bought if I get wiped or rolled back.

If you happen to decide to do even 1 15 minute foundry mission, youll come out with about 10 ID scrolls or more. Nothing that could be bought in game with gold or AD that couldnt be gotten as a drop, often in less time than it took to get the AD to buy it.
  • Options
    f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Nerver pay a perfect world game thxbye!
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They need to suck up the trillions of AD that were generated. A 24 hour rollback is virtually guaranteed.

p.s. They don't care how much time you've played in the past 24 hours, you'll be redoing it all soon enough.
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ....errr...if they were to "Wipe".....they would essentially destroy the five day early access the founders paid for....so wouldn't they have to give the five day early access again?...it could be argued...either way it would indeed breach the contract and open the door for chargebacks, i don't think they would do something so extreme...a "Rollback" seems like the best plan, the market will recover soon enough, in the meantime...queue up for some quests so the rest of us don't have to wait so long...if the items were not for sale in the first place then more people would be in the dungeons...if you get the items in a legit fashion and wanna sell them, great, no problem...but the exploited items should be taken and the guilty should be dealt with.
    Silverhand
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    please stop awfulizing my gosh. Who said youre gonna lose anything at all? what kind of strange scenarios are you imagining up?

Similar things happened in many games... in the end those who didnt abused were completely unaffected. The devs spent some time to untangle the webs of what happened, what was legit and what wasnt.

If you didn't abuse, stop worrying. If you did, no amount of trying to make yourself look innocent in the forums is gonna make the code the devs have been looking at for the past 12 hours say anything different. Trust that for the abusers.

For some real comedy, tune into the forums in a day for all the new threads created by the ppl banned who have great stories about how they innocently earned their 10 billion AD and 1m zen lmao.
  • Options
    ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    People you just don't Realize that economy is actually so fcked up that you can make milions of AD completly legit by simply trading.
  • Options
    bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    nova1690 wrote: »
    What they sold you works as intended, they don't have to refund anything.

Caveat Emptor.

How much do you think lawyer fees would run them? I've got a team at my disposal.
  • Options
    silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's simple.
    1. Permanently ban Exploiters
    2. Rollback the servers at least 24-hours.

One of the reasons we need a rollback is because people are now using CATS as currency. One person was offering a free cat to anyone who joined his guild. Most of the people selling or trading cats and other things like this obtained them knowing fully well about the exploit and wanted to profit from it from a round about way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    They need to suck up the trillions of AD that were generated. A 24 hour rollback is virtually guaranteed.

p.s. They don't care how much time you've played in the past 24 hours, you'll be redoing it all soon enough.

I totally agree with this.

Ppl asking for a WIPE is just plain ridiculous...as i said earlier. The oss,refunds,etc etc.....is just too impractical a move for a company to make.

A ROLLBACK. is feasible and will control the amount of damage done+cut down the recovery time.

So once again....PLEASE ask for something that they might consider doing, not keep flooding nonsense to a point where they won't even bother reading......-__-
  • Options
    saywiheesaywihee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a rollback, they should give legit players a freebie, and perhaps something bigger to the foundry buyers and such.
  • Options
    nova1690nova1690 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bak0n wrote: »
    How much do you think lawyer fees would run them? I've got a team at my disposal.

This made me laugh. Well done! :D

Wait..are you trying to be serious?

If so..LOL, just...LOL.
  • Options
    bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    24 Hour roll back makes sense. A wipe does not.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ro7shadow wrote: »
    People you just don't Realize that economy is actually so fcked up that you can make milions of AD completly legit by simply trading.

Because cheating is sooo much easier than actually playing the game.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Right now with all the cats and items being passed around a rollback should be inevitable I just logged and will come back in a few hours untill this has sorted itself out.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played hard for 14 hours yesterday, leveling new char. If they rollback then i might quit
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    saywihee wrote: »
    If they do a rollback, they should give legit players a freebie, and perhaps something bigger to the foundry buyers and such.

There will need to be some sort of compensation, but since this is a "free game" who knows what form it may take. They took a big pooop here and need to fix it somehow.
  • Options
    dimwinkle1dimwinkle1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, now I feel a little silly for doing my dailies and praying to gather a measly few thousand AD each day. Nice.
  • Options
    biarbiar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a BIG bug. This is not a hack, nor an exploit.

Rollback to... Day 1. Give back the money spent and let's start again. Give xp boosters to non suspicious accounts

The damage has been done, the bugged zen is going through perfect world games....
  • Options
    franckeyfranckey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is break if we dont have ROLLBACK...
  • Options
    parslipparslip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The solution is easy. Increase the cost of all AD items 1000 fold, the amount of AD you get from things 1000 fold, the cost of Zen items 1000 fold and the amount of zen you get per dollar 1000 fold. Then everyone is on the same level as the exploiters. Inflation for the win!
  • Options
    foosoofoosoo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    simple remove all assets from the people that cheated, do not roll back though i have done nothing wrong and would be pissed to lose my hard work, i dont even care about others tbh i am more focused on my own **** and if it gets rolled back i will not be happy!

P.S i want full refund of my spent Zen if u rollback i spent alot of time and money on this game, i do not want to redo my efforts!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    PAYING players...this is your chance to make a difference in the game you love.

Submit a ticket respectfully requesting a rollback.

You and i both know....if there is none...our dollar is worth less than it was 24 hours ago....this is bad.
    A roll back of MINIMUM 24 hrs will rectify the rash of exploit, and return the exchange rate to where it was comfortable and where we were spending money.

Please take 5 minutes of your time and word it nicely to the company.
    It is a reasonable request unlike the wipe BS and given enough feedback...they might consider it.

It helps all of us.

SURE a rollback won't catch and hang EVERY exploiter...but it will return the game to 24hrs ago when it was TOLERABLE.

Hope you see the simple logic.
  • Options
    saywiheesaywihee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    There will need to be some sort of compensation, but since this is a "free game" who knows what form it may take. They took a big pooop here and need to fix it somehow.

Perhaps a class based item. (And a nice one at that.) or a weekend where legit players can earn 2x AD (with founders earning like 3x). OR a coupon for Zen
This discussion has been closed.