test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exploit Follow up

Comments

• elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only have one thing to say to this issue. There sure as heck better NOT be a character wipe after all the money that has been spent on founders packs and zen thus far. Not mad, just sayin. We would be rather put out.

Love the game though :D Thanks for it!
    CC
    If the were to wipe I would expect all of those things to be regiven otherwise no. Just remove their stuff and maybe adjust auctions back if thats even possible...bleh I wouldnt mind a wipe though honestly if it came to it...just let me keep my mounts and give me the zen that I spent back.
  • airsykoairsyko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    satanash wrote: »
    the game is beta. Bugs and exploits like that will be fixed. However, it was obvious from day 1 that the game whould be transformed to a huge stock exchange. It is sad that the game developers spend more time chasing exploiters than actually progressing the game which imo needs alot of work yet: more dungeons, more raids, more pvp areas, more armors etc. It is even saddest that the only true losers are the true gamers who just wish to come home and play a game they like. The biggest losers are those who actually spent money for the game. If the developers wish to change the game they should seriously consider how they want their economy run. ADs or Zens? I find ridiculus the amount needed to buy a mount or to open an extra slot for your character. I mean in order to get all character / companion/ bank,bag slots u need a ridiculus amount of zen. That is the developers fault (at least imo). They set the example: if they are greedy, why not the players? I dont want to spend a small fortune to make my character respectable. If they wish to fix the problem quick , its easy. Lower the price of zen in perfect world so that players can actually buy, or lower the prices of zen needed to buy stuff. It wont prevent every one but i have to remind that the majority of the players are gamers not exploiters, and they usually follow what others do, especially the bad players. Do i have to remind you the afkrs??its the first game EVER that players actually where shouting for AFK group!!!!!!!and its not yet over, they now renamed it to losing PVP or farming PVP. There are solutions for everything. I am not going to bother explaining the developers how to do the job they are getting paid to do (from my money). I am a gamer and i wish to see a decent game. They dont care about me as an individual as there are thousand in line w8ing to play. But i have to remind the developers that nowdays the gaming community and collectivity outpasses any single game no matter how good it is and once the word for a better game is passed or the word that this game is broken, then all of em will lose their job and try ask where they went wrong.

It's only been 3 weeks..are you serious?
  • edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hate to say it, but I honestly doubt anything is going to come of this other than some very short temporary bans. I'm not sure how PW operates, but there were several bad currency exploits that popped up in Star Trek Online over the years and Cryptic has really never done anything about it beyond a wrist slap and small lecture. As someone who always just plays these games honestly and without exploiting, it's completely demoralizing.
  • nova1690nova1690 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    At this point I would just write off the economy and work on class balance. I would love to just ignore the AH and play epic dungeons with friends, if epic bosses were less horse**** add fests and our GWF buddy wasn't a pity invite.

Personally, I feel for an open beta, they should have left the Zen store out, let the exploiters exploit all they like for a while then ban the majority of them, fix the problems and wipe for an official release when they know most of the bugs and exploits are sorted.
  • keznath07keznath07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over a week...and no one saw a thing....they could have gone on and on without be seen...these exploiters are dumb, they have wasted the exploit in one day....
  • madmedic62madmedic62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    keznath07 wrote: »
    over a week...and no one saw a thing....they could have gone on and on without be seen...these exploiters are dumb, they have wasted the exploit in one day....

Go **** yourself.
    4EiUC6D.png
  • nova1690nova1690 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gimpyloser wrote: »
    It is a bad analogy, but I think he is right. There are other options to fix the game and economy than a wipe. A small rollback might be needed though. As bad as all this seems, it really isn't game ending unless we let it be. I enjoy the game and will continue to play it either way until I no longer enjoy it.

I'm the same, regardless I'll be sticking around unless they totally screw things up.

I enjoy the game, it's been a lot of fun and I'll be sticking with it for a good while I think.
  • stexke01stexke01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there actually more feedback then this post of the developers?
  • langstonmellangstonmel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a little annoyed that over a period of a week I legitimately worked my way from 400,000 AD (bought a small amount of zen for cash) to about 2.3 million AD (you can tell it's legit because it's not billoins or trillions) without doing dungeons above Tier 1 or any selling of BoE epics, just buying and reselling. Now I have almost no AD because it's currently locked in the exchanges balance and I cannot withdraw it. I literally have to go and farm AD to be able to buy Ident Scrolls again now.

Think I'll sit the game out for a few days, and maybe argue for a refund for the Zen I bought if I get wiped or rolled back.
  • fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    OK having spent the last hour or so reading all about this and been playing this since cb my thoughts.

PWI need to shut the gateway down until they fix the exploit for one and do that right now not in a hour.

PWI need to check every transaction and not only ban the exploiters they need to trace all transactions made on those accounts and BAN those accounts as well.

PWI do need to do a rewind but lets be honest how fat 24/28/72 hours ??? no one really knows as this has just come to light and has ruined the economy in a way that cannot be fixed quickly.

We as a player base need to accept if a full server wipe is required we need to understand this and accept it.

I wont play just now as i am so unsure of what is happening and if i am doing a exploit with out knowing what is an exploit and what is not and do not wish to lose my account.

If PWI need to do a full wipe then they need to refund all zen purchased from the site to those who transfered it from their but not any ZEN earned from ad sales.

If they have to do all these things i can see this game destroyed before it has even really begun and with other shall we say a large well known title going free to play in the next few weeks it could be a game killer for them.

What we need is an answer from PWI on all these questions before it does kill maybe not only this game but also the company.
  • bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    I would have absolutely no problem being refunded all of my Zen back into my wallet and restarting this.

I have capped one character and got a host into the mid levels but so what?

The game is new, I'll have fun rerunning stuff.

I'm sure others would totally disagree and many would quit.

And what about the next exploit?

There seems to be a few <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the armor.

You can't really wipe every month when a new debilitating exploit pops up.

Wow, what a SNAFU.

I would be asking for my $490.00 back pretty quickly if they wipe it.
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STOP ASKING FOR A WIPE DAMMIT! you are flooding and unecessarily bumping out GOOD IDEAS...That is a ROLLBACK.

get it through your BRAINS. A WIPE IS NOT POSSIBLE.

A ROLLBACK IS POSSIBLE.

So please all start asking for the POSSIBLE and stop flooding the forums with BS!
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leave it PWE to completely screw up a wonderful game. Any of you play RaiderZ or any other PWE game? This is not a new occurance, this is par for the course. Never again will I spend money on anything associated with PWE.
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly the scale of this issue is so large, it is going to take months before the AH comes back down to a normal state. Really sucks when stuff like this happens, they should really just do like a 1-2 day rollback i'm sure everyone would be better with that then a full wipe.
  • satanashsatanash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    like i said i recon its a beta! i dont expect it to be near to perfection. Because of that i dont like the huge amount of money needed just to make a decent character (if u wish to dedicate on the game and open bank slots, more characters slots bags, i am not talking about loot ort drops). And i also pointed that the developers spend more time fixing stuff than adding stuff.
    edited May 2013
    bak0n wrote: »

What they sold you works as intended, they don't have to refund anything.

Caveat Emptor.
  • laserfan367laserfan367 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    STOP ASKING FOR A WIPE DAMMIT! you are flooding and unecessarily bumping out GOOD IDEAS...That is a ROLLBACK.

A ROLLBACK IS POSSIBLE.

So please all start asking for the POSSIBLE and stop flooding the forums with BS!

rollback until when? Apparently this bug was in from the start.
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »

A ROLLBACK IS POSSIBLE.

Just because you disagree with something means it's not possible..?
  • arnonmorarnonmor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah refund our rl zen and wipe it, That would be ok for me as well. I would even enjoy it more now that I know most of the quests rare drops etc ;)
  • theikustheikus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nova1690 wrote: »
    What they sold you works as intended, they don't have to refund anything.

Caveat Emptor.

Not quite. If you are sold a kit to build a model eiffel tower and take two weeks to build it and paint it, and the manufacturer comes along and replaces it with a new unbuild, unpainted kit, you'd be asking for your money back as well.
  • cioclodelcioclodel Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    bak0n wrote: »

And the idiot award goes to.... the guy who spent $490 on a game that's dead soon :D
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fosslas wrote: »
    We as a player base need to accept if a full server wipe is required we need to understand this and accept it.
    No, why should I get all my progress wiped because of this? I don't care about the economy of the game. Not everyone spend his time glued to the Auction house waiting to snipe the next upgrade. Some of us do actually play the game and kill bosses for gear...

If PWI need to do a full wipe then they need to refund all zen purchased from the site to those who transfered it from their but not any ZEN earned from ad sales.
    Again NO! so if you spent dollars to buy zen you get dollars back, but If you actually saved AD and got just enough to buy that thing from a Zen shop you lose everything...I guess this is an alternative definition of pay-to-win.
    If they have to do all these things i can see this game destroyed before it has even really begun and with other shall we say a large well known title going free to play in the next few weeks it could be a game killer for them.

An economy never kills a game....never happened and never will. What kill games is poor gameplay, poor graphics, absence of end game content. Never was there a game that lost customers because of a single exploit.
  • tonybaxtonybax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What ****ing justice ? Are u drunk ?
  • nicomadoxnicomadox Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if it will be a solution , im ok with the wipe and refound my zen back for the game sake.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    If they had to rollback a day or three I could deal with that but a total wipe would really leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. I can also say this since I am just levelling I would have a different opinion if I spent the last couple days farming dungeons for decent gear to only have that lost. This is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation they have got on their hands if i ever saw one.
  • ro7shadowro7shadow Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    You know it's REALLY easy to find the people who did this right? If they have logging (which they have to an extent) you can see all transactions in a query that were made since the game started with a negative bid and then manually trace everything back.
    It's so time consuming if anything and if they do it this way they are fixing it correctly but slowly.
    I wonder how their DB is structured and have a way to easily revert transactions made.

It is 24 hours already since it is public, and probably 2+ weeks since just bunch of people used the exploit. Let me guess how long it will take to MANUALLY TRACE everything and revert 1 milion transactions. Historically I doubt there was a game that ever had their economy repaired after hacks/bots/exploits ruining economy it's just getting worse everyday and even if you fix one thing another one pops in this way just it's impossible to fix it manually. Just be realistic here, you could buy items with ad and sell them for gold you could buy items with AD and give them to friends or transfer to hundreds of accounts, you could exchange AD to ZEN.. Man Seriously you think this can be reverted manually and why would they bother with milion of transactions that can be just all done with one slice of wipe or rollback ? Even if it does what with the people that bought coppied stuff with their legit AD ? For those that think this can be fixed by just banning few accounts I lol'd for you.
  • mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suppose some AD sellers use that method for a while now that would explain some crazy ammount for some items that goes up and down, the release of this exploit made it completly broken.

What is silly is that the devs did not secure a really simple and obvious (for twisted minds lookinf for exploits) - by - in maths give us a +. It happened in Lineage 2, and some others after.
  • aldemmaldemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    An economy never kills a game....never happened and never will.

Diablo 3.

Also, there's always going to be problems when you can sell all end-game gear through the AH-- specially when that can be influenced with real life money.
  • justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    tell that to the investors... theyre the ones who sit on the board makin that decision. the devs are just trying to get paid for teh work they do.
    edited May 2013
    theikus wrote: »
    Not quite. If you are sold a kit to build a model eiffel tower and take two weeks to build it and paint it, and the manufacturer comes along and replaces it with a new unbuild, unpainted kit, you'd be asking for your money back as well.

I mean, the items and other such that you bought works as intended. We would have to read into the EULA to be 100% sure but I'm reasonably sure they don't *have* to give a refund.

They may give refunds for good PR, but I wouldn't bet on it.
This discussion has been closed.