What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    tyelperinquarotyelperinquaro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are there plans for releasing this for Mac?
  • Options
    avranasavranas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure if I saw anywhere..

But I am currently trying to access the game, but it is telling me that I need One-time code and I haven't received an email.. How I do go about getting the email?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    dromiris wrote: »
    Are you guys going to make a ranger class? i love this games mechanics but all classes bore me and i REALLY want a ranger class
    There will be many more classes coming.
    Are sErvers live or this still BETA and characters going to be wiped soon ?
    There will be no more wipes but the game is still in Open Beta.
    aeiorius wrote: »
    only 2 questions...
    where do I join in relic hunter?
    I'm level 12 and i have a daily foundry and dungeon mission, where I go?
    1) Just start finding relics in the Tower District.
    2) Speak to a Well Informed Harper, Job Board or Press L
    ganker3 wrote: »
    Can someone expalin me why I can't post forum threads? My account is few days old. How long do I have to wait?
    If you still can't post new threads after a week contact support.
    Okay, maybe I missed this somewhere because apparently I've accidentally taken a screenshot before, but I don't know what key it is. What is the screenshot key? Also, can you take a screenshot with the UI visible? All the ones that I've seen have no UI.
    PrtScn is the default screenshot key. I'm not sure on how to enable the UI though.
    Are there plans for releasing this for Mac?
    The game is designed to be compatible with WINE. There are no plans for a Mac Client.
  • Options
    lgh1982lgh1982 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If one desperately needs a question answered but can't create new threads, is this the thread to ask?
  • Options
    bizzielizziebizzielizzie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open your launcher. Click Options. Under proxy, choose a Proxy server. Click OK. Close and relaunch the launcher. Do not worry about the "Patch via proxy" option as it appears you are patching fine, but it is the actual game connection that is nailing you.

If this fails, go into Options again, choose "none" to switch back off Proxy, and check "Force Verify". Again, close the launcher and relaunch. This will bring up a "patching" pause after you log in. Don;t panic - that is normal and can take 10 to 12 minutes to verify your files are not corrupt.

If THAT fails, flag down a passing flying saucer and explain to them that it is vitally important that you leave the planet before your computer explodes.

I hope this helps.

Hi, new player here - I've tried the above but the "patching" pause results in the launcher closing without progressing further. I looked for flying saucers to no avail, then set my affairs in order and waited for the Big Bang of an exploding CPU but that didn't work either! Since I gave away all my worldly goods in expectation of disaster (except the soon-to-explode PC ofc) do you have any other suggestions to resolve the issue please? This should keep me occupied whilst I try to persuade my neighbours to give my cat, my stereo and my CD collection back..... :p
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    lgh1982 wrote: »
    If one desperately needs a question answered but can't create new threads, is this the thread to ask?
    Not really but as long as you post a question I am sure somebody will post an answer.
    Chances are if you have a question it has been asked before though and likely can be found with minimal effort. ;)

Hi, new player here - I've tried the above but the "patching" pause results in the launcher closing without progressing further. I looked for flying saucers to no avail, then set my affairs in order and waited for the Big Bang of an exploding CPU but that didn't work either! Since I gave away all my worldly goods in expectation of disaster (except the soon-to-explode PC ofc) do you have any other suggestions to resolve the issue please? This should keep me occupied whilst I try to persuade my neighbours to give my cat, my stereo and my CD collection back..... :p
    There have been reports of the patcher and launcher acting erratically since the most recent patch. From what I have seen it works if you give it some time and the team is already looking into the possible causes.
  • Options
    bizzielizziebizzielizzie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for rapid reply :)

I shall persist until something gives
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there be paladins in the game?

I see a "coming soon" with some weapons on the icon in the class section, and they are mentioned in the diety flavor section.
    itpaladin.png

• Options
    zeniazzeniaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry if this is a question already answered. If I spend zen on my bank slots while this game is in open beta, will it get wiped when release happens? Or does it stay?
  • Options
    stevep27stevep27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also unable to start a new thread so apologies if this isn't the place to ask but I just wondered where (if anywhere) I could tell what my overall damage per second is??

I mean when I pick up a new weapon it compared it for me to the existing main hand weapon's stats but surely there are other "modifiers" that affect my overall DPS??

Also, is there any way to compare a new weapon to my "offhand" weapon as I'm a Rogue class and can wield two weapons?

Thanks guys...

ps. any idea how long the "probationary period" lasts for before I can start threads??

Thx
  • Options
    narewennarewen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whats your stand on dual clienting? :)
    In FW you can have 2 clients open and my friend tells me you can have 3 on Woi, so can you have more than 1 client open in this game?

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered but I dont reallly wish to read all there 37 pages of questions and after a quick search I found nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the dark side, we have cookies!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    itpalg wrote: »
    Will there be paladins in the game?

There are no confirmed future classes other than that they are coming.
    zeniaz wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this is a question already answered. If I spend zen on my bank slots while this game is in open beta, will it get wiped when release happens? Or does it stay?

There are no more wipes.
    stevep27 wrote: »
    I am virtually positive that's not in the equations. The powers effect your damage based on your weapons.

Also, is there any way to compare a new weapon to my "offhand" weapon as I'm a Rogue class and can wield two weapons?
    I haven't found a way to do so. I expect it will be added at some point.

Any idea how long the "probationary period" lasts for before I can start threads??
    The exact time is not known. After a week contact support if you still can't post threads.

Answers are in orange.
    narewen wrote: »
    Whats your stand on dual clienting? :)
    In FW you can have 2 clients open and my friend tells me you can have 3 on Woi, so can you have more than 1 client open in this game?

There are no rules against it but there's no way you are going to control two different characters at once and sitting AFK to gain XP/Glory is an issue which not only will be fixed but could cause actions taken against your account so personally I see no point in multi-boxing Neverwinter.
    Anything beyond roleplaying would likely fall under a violation since you wouldn't be able to physically control more than one character at a time due to the action combat and using the Gateway for professions on alternate characters would be far easier and faster.
  • Options
    liotasilliotasil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, since this seems to be a thread, that some people with influence will read, I will use this, to get some things of my chest.
    Why do I choose any thread instead of opening one on my own? Because I CAN'T!
    And this is only one thing I simply MUST criticize. You guys from perfectworld want player feedback on your game (well, at least I hope so) but you don't let them open threads since they buy one stupid bundle which just contains useless and stupid stuff and isn't interessting at all, since you will spend your money on Zen, if you are willing to spend money on this game.
    Well, I did, I was willing to support a game, which shows such an huge potential. BUT at the moment I am really angry on my self because of this, because I think, that this money was pretty much wasted.
    Hell, I spend money for a company that doesn't even let me open a thread in a forum to give my feedback on MY experience with the game.
    But I will put this aside, I read, that the ability to open threads will be unlocked after a period of time, which I personally don't understand. If I want to report a bug, which was the original reason for me to post something in this forum, I simple don't have the ability and have to search for an hour to find a thread, where I can post this, IF I find a thread on this topic.
    But, since I have no other choice, here the bug, even as a question, that will fit the formula of an FAQ:

When will the bug with the foundry editor will be fixed, where your mouse can be stuck in a corner of your second monitor, outside of the game, while trying to place an object, which will lead you to close the game via ctrl + alt + del or to close the process of the game? I had this bug now several times and it makes it really hard to use the foundry, which I also would like to do.

And I am really sorry if someone feels attacked by this post or it will be deleted, since it doesn't really fit into this thread. Like I said: I had no other choice. This is created out of my own misery.

MFG

ps: Beside this, the game is great, keep it up. But please, do so... not only cash milking the cow, while it's willing...
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I apologize for not being able to toss in my usual feedback for the last week. Work hours. However I wish to point out that for those who may be having erratic behavior on their launchers, exit Teamviewer. You are most likely running it or some other form of remote control software. I have also verified the game is picky when it comes to RealVNC on the same note. Something about the ports conflict. I hope this helps.

If none of these conditions are applicable to you, I wish I had the answer, but these are the only conditions I can successfully replicate both in and out of my virtual test environments.
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    liotasil wrote: »
    Okay, since this seems to be a thread, that some people with influence will read, I will use this, to get some things of my chest.
    Why do I choose any thread instead of opening one on my own? Because I CAN'T!
    And this is only one thing I simply MUST criticize. You guys from perfectworld want player feedback on your game (well, at least I hope so) but you don't let them open threads since they buy one stupid bundle which just contains useless and stupid stuff and isn't interessting at all, since you will spend your money on Zen, if you are willing to spend money on this game.
    Well, I did, I was willing to support a game, which shows such an huge potential. BUT at the moment I am really angry on my self because of this, because I think, that this money was pretty much wasted.
    Hell, I spend money for a company that doesn't even let me open a thread in a forum to give my feedback on MY experience with the game.
    But I will put this aside, I read, that the ability to open threads will be unlocked after a period of time, which I personally don't understand. If I want to report a bug, which was the original reason for me to post something in this forum, I simple don't have the ability and have to search for an hour to find a thread, where I can post this, IF I find a thread on this topic.
    But, since I have no other choice, here the bug, even as a question, that will fit the formula of an FAQ:

When will the bug with the foundry editor will be fixed, where your mouse can be stuck in a corner of your second monitor, outside of the game, while trying to place an object, which will lead you to close the game via ctrl + alt + del or to close the process of the game? I had this bug now several times and it makes it really hard to use the foundry, which I also would like to do.

And I am really sorry if someone feels attacked by this post or it will be deleted, since it doesn't really fit into this thread. Like I said: I had no other choice. This is created out of my own misery.

MFG

ps: Beside this, the game is great, keep it up. But please, do so... not only cash milking the cow, while it's willing...

You are supposed to report bugs in-game via the bug report window.

PWE has a history of locking down their forum access to new users. I had the same complaint when I started STO a few months ago (which I paid one month for and haven't paid again). You are supposed to wait a certain amount of time and / or post in other threads I guess. Eventually, magically, I was given access to posting myself. I have no idea of the requirements.
    itpaladin.png

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Why aren't you able to post new threads?
    Because before I was a moderator this limitation didn't exist and every few days I would log in and see 5 pages of bot spam threads linking to various malicious websites.

The day these limitations went into effect, only a few days after I was chosen to be a Community Moderator, the spam stopped. The bots, for whatever reason, don't like waiting the period of time to post their spam links. So it's about a week of irritation for new users, but I'm afraid it's for the greater good. :(

And there are no TA's on any bug fixes publicly known, not even to me. The solution to the issue you are decribing is:

Press Ctrl S
    Slowly move items out of the box. Jerking items out of the selector too quickly is what causes the mouse error.

That should hold you over until the bug is officially resolved. :D
  • Options
    torigoma777torigoma777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long till I can make threads in the fourms? It said "a short while", however, it's been over 24 Hours.

and while I have your attention, anyway to change the block button? It's in a pretty awkward spot for me.
  • Options
    zyaphzyaph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itpalg wrote: »
    You are supposed to report bugs in-game via the bug report window.

PWE has a history of locking down their forum access to new users. I had the same complaint when I started STO a few months ago (which I paid one month for and haven't paid again). You are supposed to wait a certain amount of time and / or post in other threads I guess. Eventually, magically, I was given access to posting myself. I have no idea of the requirements.

I've had my account for years now (since the rising tide expansion for PWI, 4 years ago!), and I can create threads in every other forum but this one. It's also been about a week since I've started playing this game, and I still can't post threads. Is it game or account specific? It's a bit irritating since I do have a pretty significant bug for my character to post on the bug report forums, and player support is taking a while to get back to me. :(

EDIT: Oh wow, I swear, the second I posted this I received power to create threads. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Phoenix

[Check out the "Phoenix" guild thread]
  • Options
    lorriomuslorriomus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what are the confirmed classes, and when can we expect the next class. seriously i want a two-weapon fighter or a ranger... or both.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1) There are no confirmed future classes.
    2) Since there are no confirmed future plans there is no ETA.

Ptooy on the archer. Give me my dual weapon ranger. ;)
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are there any plan to add some PvP game modes, as I heard about a schedulled 20 vs 20 game mode ?

Is PvP a main focus feature as PvE or the foundry is, or is it only a small feature, added for fun but without much expectations to wait for ? Cause a simple "You bet ! (There will be some PvP)" lacks a little of information in my opinion...

So can we expect more maps, various game modes, tournaments, cash prizes, etc... to come in the future or this game is focused on PvE with some PvP to change your mind from time to time ?

Thx in advance for your answers and sorry if they already exist.
  • Options
    paulstzhpaulstzh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I put all my AD 430k on ZEN Exchange listing, but there was a bug and all AD missing.
  • Options
    trav76457trav76457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny how on your first page is says there will be a character wipe BEFORE head start, and now that has all changed. When you purchase a founders pack, like the guardian pack, one of the perks is a 3 day head start. This is simply a lie now and false advertising. Does the "no more server wipes" mean during open beta only, or has the head start effectively vanished and been replaced with a permanent open beta model?
  • Options
    misterrmatt4438misterrmatt4438 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed today that all of my stats are at 0... I still get the level bonus stats.. but other than that all my stats are zero.. what the hell happened? do I need to delete my toon? id like not too just hit lvl 34 and id prefer not to start over
  • Options
    coldcursecoldcurse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will there be an economic area where people can create their in-game home/inn and maybe make player build cities?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Snip
    I am sorry but there is no news about future content.

paulstzh wrote: »
    I put all my AD 430k on ZEN Exchange listing, but there was a bug and all AD missing.
    That should be refunded when the Auction House comes back up tomorrow. Consult this thread for other related questions.

trav76457 wrote: »
    It's funny how on your first page is says there will be a character wipe BEFORE head start, and now that has all changed.
    The head start has already come and gone. It occurred before Open Beta between April 25-April 30.
    Since there are no more wipes and thus the head start would have been meaningless if not applied before Open Beta started.

I noticed today that all of my stats are at 0... I still get the level bonus stats.. but other than that all my stats are zero.. what the hell happened? do I need to delete my toon? id like not too just hit lvl 34 and id prefer not to start over
    I haven't the faintest clue. Report the bug and check the Bug Reports section! That's really not the purpose of this thread. :)

coldcurse wrote: »
    will there be an economic area where people can create their in-game home/inn and maybe make player build cities?

I am sorry but there is little to no information about future content at this time.
  • Options
    jorjethjorjeth Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why cant i send my in game currency to another character?
  • Options
    aeternumnexaeternumnex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when the open beta is over will we keep our characters or will they be deleted
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jorjeth wrote: »
    Why cant i send my in game currency to another character?

You should post that in it's own thread as a suggestion. :)
    when the open beta is over will we keep our characters or will they be deleted

You are supposed to read the FAQ before asking a question. ;)
    There will be no more wipes.
  • Options
    psendaronpsendaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Can you explain to us how party leader is assigned? Is it totally random? Based on who joins first? Who's been queueing for the longest time? A lot of ppl are wondering and it would be nice to get some insight into this.
    "Don't change colour to match the walls.
    Look like you belong and the walls will change colour to match you."

- Kender Proverb
This discussion has been closed.