test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    has anyone tried a grand regent full armor set then crit accessories (and enchantments)?

I have the feeling that this will be a more survivable approach to this offensive build, i just dunno how much the damage will suffer, has anyone tried it yet?

its basically timeless but u swap the crit for the extra regeneration, def and deflect, you get 800 power for 4k defense

also i have rolled a 17 14 13 10 10 10 GF, will the extra 2% damage bonus from the 16 16 roll be that much of a difference?
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Don't forget the multiple GF exploit streams that were running yesterday. Both streamers gave props to Envy for showing them the exploit.

So screenshot + "props" from known exploiters = pretty solid case.

You must be really mad. I don't talk to any streamers. They've been streaming the bug for days. While I did have a valiant set, I did not receive it until late yesterday. GG, make up more stories. ^^

n6kFa1B.png
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    has anyone tried a grand regent full armor set then crit accessories (and enchantments)?

I have the feeling that this will be a more survivable approach to this offensive build, i just dunno how much the damage will suffer, has anyone tried it yet?

its basically timeless but u swap the crit for the extra regeneration, def and deflect, you get 800 power for 4k defense

also i have rolled a 17 14 13 10 10 10 GF, will the extra 2% damage bonus from the 16 16 roll be that much of a difference?

If you want a bit tankier approach you may want to check out Rokuthy's guide. He encourages the use of power enhancing sets such as Stalwart and Grand Regent.

Youtube Channel

edited May 2013
    efioanaes wrote: »
    Great guide thanks.

Id just like to ask if this is still the case?
    Im currently trying to decide on a main, im leveling both a GF and Cleric at the moment.
    If the GF is jsut some sort of off tank im not so sure ill enjoy it at endgame.

Cleric is Main Tank essentially. You might enjoy it!

Youtube Channel

• thelastseraphimthelastseraphim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall a good Start For thoes Not Wanting to Be Stuffed Into the Ball o Meat tank role, and as for pvp well,I use a modified Version of your guide myself but the end Result after hitting 60 Yesterday

DomOwn_zpsb5022365.jpg

Its weird that we Still lost even though they could Barely make it out of spawn and while we held all 3 points they were still getting capture points
    edited May 2013
    threaded1 wrote: »
    If the wiki is to be believed GFs gain Resistance Ignored for their points in Dex along with Deflection and AoE resist. Resistance Ignored is also the stat used in Armor Penetration when you mouse over it.

Mind you, when a GF hovers over the Dex stat in-game it shows Resistance Ignored with a -% which I'm really hoping is a bug like the 20 other things in-game that show wonky - numbers...like training companions for example.

If Dex doesn't work like that (which it should) then I'll have egg all over my face. If it does though, I'll basically be a plate wearing Rogue with the best stats and racials for damage. Then I can become the famous "Fury" Warri-- errr Fighter of DnD.

I don't really see how Dex would work any other way though, the only other alternative is that Dex makes GFs ignore a % of armor penetration used against them and that's all kinds of dumb considering the only people packing armor pen are other players along with being some kind of Resistance Ignored inception.

Like uhh.. hmm. If I had 17 Dexterity (-7% resistance ignored) and a Rogue had 7% Resistance Ignored from Armor Penetration, they would be dealing 0% extra damage because they cancel each other out. It's just too ridonkulous to believe a secondary stat on GFs would work this way, it would basically make GF Dexterity into a PvP only stat.

It's definitely armor penetration. However, if you use a Greater Plague Fire, you won't need any armor penetration at all. It does the work for you. My opinion is that Dex is not a stat worth investing into but you could be the one to prove me wrong.

Youtube Channel

• efioanaesefioanaes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cleric is Main Tank essentially. You might enjoy it!

SO the GF role is effectively an off tank?
  • thelastseraphimthelastseraphim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Untill healing threat is fixeD
    edited May 2013

The most efficient use of a GF is an offtank, yes. However, you are fully capable of maintanking if you try hard enough. It's just pointless to do so.

Youtube Channel

• sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I still wish you knew how much 1% crit chance afected your dps. DPS values are pretty low in this game; the seemingly minor increases in dps you get through power actually add up to a big %.
  • divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    I still wish you knew how much 1% crit chance afected your dps. DPS values are pretty low in this game; the seemingly minor increases in dps you get through power actually add up to a big %.

That will all depend on the situation too, If you can just sit there and hit the target without needing to evade and block I'm sure power adds up a lot, but if you do need to be moving around a lot burst damage in the form of crit would more than likely be far better, which is why it's so much stronger in PvP.
  • threaded1threaded1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's definitely armor penetration. However, if you use a Greater Plague Fire, you won't need any armor penetration at all. It does the work for you. My opinion is that Dex is not a stat worth investing into but you could be the one to prove me wrong.

Not 60, what does Greater Plague Fire do?

Also it depends on uhh...whomever posted like a page ago about armor penetration increasing damage past 0% mitigation being true, which would require some kind of duel that may or may not exist in this game to test.

Can't empirically compare our DPS anyway, swag factor plays a massive roll in how well you DPS and my Half Orc is definitely the prettiest on Dragon but lacks the traditional swagger of a Dwarf. Picture unrelated, pre-customized characters are hideous.

ELoHMs7.jpg
  • zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    what the best way to make AD to gear up?i have been lvl 60 for like 3 day now and i currently have the spider healm,greywolf chest,icefall glove,pvp boot,crusher sheild,lizard scismitar and accessory is trash green.im more in pvp also but farming pvp for around 45k AD each 5-10 match isnt really good.doing dungeon i only have done epic clocktower and another that i dont remember the name and havent get anything worth something exept unicorn seal but to get unicorn accessory i would need to run **** load of them.....so overall,in pvp i cant earn much,in pve so far i havent get anything good and since i dont have any guild/friend it sux a bit to run dungeon...

i currently need my cat companion so 980k/i might need a respect to fixe 1-2 little mistake so around 200-250k AD (buying 600 zen) and the timeless set +all the enchant is few million AD.how...
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy thank you for the guide. I'm on your server and also a halfling. I made the "Mistake" of purposefully rolling a 18 con/ 18 dex halfling and this build of yours works out amazing. Now my attributes are 18 Str 20 Con 24 Dex. I cant state how much 3% deflection and 10% chance to ignore CC really result in some lulz. I took Plate agility for 5% chance more to deflect attacks. Which right now has me at a whooping 34% (So 1 out of three attacks are halved.) I took plate agility over Fight On. And Reinforced Surge over Improved Vigor. I just do not rely on dailys as much as I enjoy using them. Otherwise pretty much playing the same toon as you with lesser gear.

-also I saw you online about four days ago. I now have the same exact set you were wearing before you got timeless and I bought all of it for 80K AD, insane.

Finally what do you think of briarthorn for an armor enchant? It seems like it's a flat out DPS increase.
  • imagine321imagine321 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would you mind adding a section with dungeon PvE section? I have a hard time holding agro with a "tank specced" cleric. What are your tips and tricks for tanking? :)
  • mrblazermrblazer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im not sure if you already answered this but what stats are you focusing on?
    edited May 2013
    mrblazer wrote: »
    im not sure if you already answered this but what stats are you focusing on?

crit > recov > power
    crit to 3k, recov to 3k, power wherever its at
    offense slots - tenebrous

Youtube Channel

• imotebimoteb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    really good post and guide man !!

But whats up with all the drama about exploints on Reddit. Ppl raging your name over and over.
  • watanaggerwatanagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy I was wondering did you transmog your helm because the full helm of spider looks kind of ridiculous
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    divenity wrote: »
    That will all depend on the situation too, If you can just sit there and hit the target without needing to evade and block I'm sure power adds up a lot, but if you do need to be moving around a lot burst damage in the form of crit would more than likely be far better, which is why it's so much stronger in PvP.

I'm not argueing about PvP here...
  • mrblazermrblazer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh thank you. Would you happen to have a pic on your new feats and powers after you repec. Im currently started a guardian, i dont wanna put any points i the wrong spot.
  • scooby1361scooby1361 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At lower level GF leveling through PVP what equipment and Enchant Stats should I be focusing on? I have been going all power... does it make sense to go Dex even at lower levels? (currently level 28)

Thank you for any advice-

Scoob
  • wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy would you come up with a survivability balanced build (equipments and skills)? Be it recovering fast or life leech etc. Though it dished out damage, GF would be as squishy based on your build. It honestly cannot tank in PVP for >5secs when 2 or 3 is on you be it cw or rogue. And again rogue's & cw's ultimate is so fearsome that it tends to end you in few shots. (When it crit, it can do almost 50-80%). :(

My 5cents
  • xylondarkstarxylondarkstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Learn to block, when to block, what to block. Survivability is fine.
    edited May 2013
    Learn to block, when to block, what to block. Survivability is fine.

They will break your shield in a 2 secs dude and you will be dead in another 3 or 4. And pls note that always you have to act 1-1.5 secs earlier because of the latency. Once u see it, you won be able to block it.

Most of us knows what and when to block. Qns is its still inevitable that you will get hit. So don't give me your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of "learn". I may have agreed if you said "try" instead.
  • divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    I'm not argueing about PvP here...

And I only used it as a minor example to show why crit is more useful in small windows of attack, why you can't see that is beyond me.
  • xylondarkstarxylondarkstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wh0 wrote: »
    They will break your shield in a 2 secs dude. And the game always have to act 1-1.5 secs earlier because of the latency. Once u see it, you won be able to block it.

You should re-read what I said. That doesn't mean block everything. The latency is a normal part of the pvp aspect of the game, just like past MMO's. Practice will make you perfect, and see what you're looking for.
    edited May 2013
    Like i mentioned the focus is we will still get hit no matter what. My suggestion is to increase the survivability on a 1v2 or 1v3 situation GF still can last awhile longer before you get help or at least have enough secs to terminate one.

Imagine 2 cw taking turns to tangle u. Yup thats the end.
    edited May 2013
    wh0 wrote: »
    Like i mentioned the focus is we will still get hit no matter what. My suggestion is to increase the survivability on a 1v2 or 1v3 situation GF still can last awhile longer before you get help or at least have enough secs to terminate one.

Imagine 2 cw taking turns to tangle u. Yup thats the end.

The best way to last longer in a 1v2 is to kill one of them in 2 seconds.

Youtube Channel

• dman2423dman2423 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a quick question, in terms of PvE, is the timeless set or Stalwart set better in terms of dps?