test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

Comments

• Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    To warrant a fix ASAP!! ROFLMAO!!
    yeah a week later.. very soon fix.. hahahahaha!!

a week later is fast in this industry.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    kavle1kavle1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now all the AFK PvPers have to do to is occasionally press space bar.
  • Options
    skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is with all the complaining?

People, this is a BETA. Do you understand that? BETA. Say it with me..... BETA.

I fully expect a complete wipe when the game is released. It's the right thing to do. What? You spent money on a BETA? Don't want to lose all your hard work on a BETA? What were you thinking?

And all the crying about exploiters ruining the economy, pvp afk'ers, it's a BETA. They are working on it. What did you expect, a stable economy in a BETA? Did you expect no exploiters in a BETA? This is earth, not heaven, nothing is perfect, especially in a BETA. BETA. BETA. Say it with me.... BETA.

Hello, McFly!!!!! Make like a tree and get out of here!

Enough crying already, you have been allowed to participate in a BETA to help them work out the problems. Constructive feedback is highly desired and useful. The rest is static.

B E T A
  • Options
    jarcoartjarcoart Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a heads up: the mailbox is still creating duplicates whenever mail is deleted.
  • Options
    smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There will be no wipe lol. This is fcked up forever
  • Options
    cael13cael13 Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    jamtraxx wrote: »
    I understand these types of game-breaking bugs need to be addressed first but is there any progress being made on the Cleric agro situation?

Ty men

There is no Cleric aggro problem so stop saying it ppl. GF's can maintain threat just fine on ANY dungeon if they are spec'd properly and have some skill. All of the GF skills/feats/etc are not built for tanking and those GF's that dont spec as a tank are the source of the threat complaints. Just because you have a GF in your party doenst meant he/she built their character to tank. Also many GF's just plain suck and do not understand how to tank in this game as it is somewhat different than most. I find it hilarious when I run a dungeon and at the end the Cleric's pm saying "Wow I didnt die at all this run you are awesome" or "Man you are the first GF that I have seen that can actually tank what is your secret". I usually reply there is no secret nor am I special. I simply spec'd to maximize threat generation and I know my job. It is not rocket science......I know I am not the only GF that gets sick of ppl saying there is a threat problem in the game. There is NO threat issue whatsoever so get over it!
  • Options
    kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    kormai wrote: »
    Exploiting = exploiting.
    The people who actively and knowingly abused this bug should get deleted, or a major rollback.

Doesn't change the hilarity of all these hypocrites who are more then likely more upset they weren't in on the action then the moral code that frowns upon exploitation. On to the next exploit that we all don't know about yet, going to need something else for the moral compassed lynch mob hypocrites to march for! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    <You should be kinder>
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We are looking into various solutions internally. We have a team of designers looking at game logs and determining what specifically can be done to ensure that the game remains fair and balanced. Thank you for voicing your concerns! Keeping the game fair is a high priority for us.

They should be banned and IP blocked from the game. They have ruined the economy of the game, and will ruin the value of zen. Which then loses your company money.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow... People crying a lot. First of... TR an CW should be dmg dealers, they have no real armor. Lets look at D&D for just a moment... Rogue= Sneak attack, Wizard= Magic... These classes are "dps" in real D&D. If you let a Rogue get behind you then you get ganked... Learn to dodge, you get targeted with a spell, again DODGE. it is simple.
    Exploits... Lets punish people for using the holes the devs left... real nice. First, using an exploit is not cheating, hacking the game to give you an edge is cheating. I am happy that the devs are filling in the holes but to punish people for using them is wrong. Yes, I did use the foundry exploit a little to pop my CW up 5 or 6 levels real quick... guess what, I didn't have the gear to match and got screwed later in the game. learned my lesson there...
    In closing, for PvP cry babies... You know what a TR is capable of, don't be there when the TR attacks, Don't let the CW target you with his magic. Also, let the exploiters find the exploits, that is what BETA TESTING is all about, finding these holes and filling them. Star Trek Online was plagued by many of these issues, high economies, exploits, all kinds of issues. Now, 3 years later the econ has stabilized, exploits are still there, but limited in use.
    And to Cryptic: Don't nerf the foundry, put a daily drop limit on it like in STO... whether you get all your drops all at once from a "farming" mission or you get them from playing the story based missions everyone is happy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skatin wrote: »

I fully expect a complete wipe when the game is released. It's the right thing to do. What? You spent money on a BETA? Don't want to lose all your hard work on a BETA? What were you thinking?

And all the crying about exploiters ruining the economy, pvp afk'ers, it's a BETA. They are working on it. What did you expect, a stable economy in a BETA? Did you expect no exploiters in a BETA? This is earth, not heaven, nothing is perfect, especially in a BETA. BETA. BETA. Say it with me.... BETA.

Enough crying already, you have been allowed to participate in a BETA to help them work out the problems. Constructive feedback is highly desired and useful. The rest is static.

B E T A

You obviously are a well read individual and keep up with all the news and announcements. WoW was the first MMO right? and Alienware is superior gaming PC which increases your dps in game because it was made by aliens....! cheers!
  • Options
    dustyforumdustyforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main issues are with the mailbox and the auction house. When deleting one item from your mailbox, several get deleted under it. At times it deletes items you have not yet opened.
    MY thoughts: Maybe a feature should be added to confirm you want to delete an email with an attachment before you do. The same how you have to confirm before socketing a gem.

My second issue is with the auction house. I love supply and demand so I tend to open the AH in game, on my mobile and on a pc. The problem is they are all different in functionality. The in game Ah does not sort correctly. The desktop version does not show quantities of stacks, and the mobile version you can not view the item.

Here's the worst part.. Wheni sell items on the mobile version, I receive a confirmation email in game that the item sold. The problem is that the email does not have the AD attached.
  • Options
    wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you just must have missed the multiple places that CRYPTIC has said 'there will be no wipes after the 25th of April'. In spite of you not having known that - I'm quite confident that your lack of knowledge on the matter will NOT affect their marketing plans. Marketing plans which so far have been quite successful - I know that I have personalty spent WAY more than I would have on a 'retail / sub' game.

We do know it's beta, and most folks realize that saying 'this is beta' is a way for the company to release a game that still needs a bit of polish on it, and not be accused of 'rushing the game out the door'. It gives them the chance to start generating revenue, on a game that's not quite ready for prime time.

But it has been stated so many times that there will be no wipes after the 25th, (implying that it's safe to spend 'real money' on your character development,) that I am quite surprised that you missed that.

No matter though, there will be no wipes.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xiquatlexiquatle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    intrus18 wrote: »
    Dang i didn't feel any more powerful with Guardian Fighter? There was really an issue where they were hitting harder? What triggered this?

The issue was not the GF, but with a 4 part set of very rare, armor for the class that was broken. this is why you and most would not have a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cool: You lose!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    emolith wrote: »
    A good start, but you should remove the incentive to bot pvp, by preventing pvp potions from being sold to the vendor for so much gold.
    And what good is gold after level 35-40?? all you need gold for is pots, and mats?? :P PvPers that AFK need to be removed, and locked out of PvP for increasingly longer times until 3 strikes, no more PvP for you... EVER!!
  • Options
    vaaso189vaaso189 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I laugh at all the scrubs who wants a rollback. Please continue so I can bask in your sadness.

Whiners gonna whine.
    He said my story was cool. And he called me bro.
  • Options
    rafaelgandinerafaelgandine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why this game don't have duel?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its hilarious listening to all these high and mighty folks cry for the heads of those "exploiters". I guarantee the majority of you have or would, if queued into a epic dungeon instance with one of these "exploiters" sit back and watch in awe. All the while benefiting from the experience, then hide your loot and step back up on your high horse. Equipping a gear set and then finding out you hit rather hard and then utilizing your newfound abilities. HANG THEM! Perhaps better closed beta testers could have prevented the lynch mobs?
    Agreed, I see no real issue in using a hole in the game to work for you. Most of you crying about exploiters are just pissed you didn't find them before they were closed. Again, BETA testing is about finding these holes and filling them, don't punish the testers (we are ALL testers right now) for doing exactly what the devs NEED us to do. Find the holes so they can fix them. I for one praise the exploiters for finding these holes so the devs can fix them.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

B E T A

i will call this more as a soft rollout. There is a huge difference with open beta and closed beta. I agree with you in part but if you are accepting your customers money that changes things.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaaso189 wrote: »
    I laugh at all the scrubs who wants a rollback. Please continue so I can bask in your sadness.

Whiners gonna whine.

OMG you should be banned for you cynical tasting of the tears of the less fortunate! Roll back your forum account creation! ;)
  • Options
    badxideasbadxideas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    It's really hard for these guys to think more than 5 minutes ahead. Cut them some slack.:p

I mean who would think to post news on the launcher about downtime and updates. Zen shop is more important.

You are just trolling, right? I mean, it has been posted on the launcher, in red just above the "play" button. It was posted at least...several hours before your post. Or I guess it could be you just get off on being critical and it doesn't matter whether you are even truthful or not?
    Amillion Bucks L60 obsolete GF
    Amillion Dollars L60 'easy mode' GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skiv2 wrote: »
    Afk PvP will never go away.. people will just run about for 10 sec to stop going auto afk and look busy. Only thing we have to combat this is for the leader to kick them but the problem is those kicked don't get replaced..
    what if the leader is an AFKer... then the team is screwed...
  • Options
    thinkebellethinkebelle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eyyy Nice job that reminds me I should do some art .-.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    what if the leader is an AFKer... then the team is screwed...

from what i understand the person gets booted. the issue will be some one joining and moving around but not helping. this gets rid of bots.
    valor.png
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    jsnspncr90jsnspncr90 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AFK players in PvP aren't the problem. "Inactive" players are, which obviously include but are not limited to players going AFK. The XP, Glory, etc rewards should be entirely performance based. You should receive a certain amount of XP based on the amount of points you accrue during the match. The winning team should then have their individual amounts of XP or Glory multiplied by X. (.5, .25, whatever the devs deem fair). If someone just stands around in base but remains active to avoid the AFK kick, they will still receive 0 XP or glory for not having accrued any points during the match. That really is the only way to eliminate the issue.

I understand the main objective of PvP is to capture and hold the points, but the Domination bars should also be filled by kills, it only makes sense. I apologize if this is already the case and I just haven't realized it. I just don't see how a team can get outgained in kills by a huge amount and still win. There should also be some kind of point reward for reviving a teammate as it is so easy for an enemy to run in and stomp them before anyone can get them up.

With all that said, I have been leveling my cleric up mostly through PvP and still thoroughly enjoy it. Yes, there are a few balance issues, but as others have stated, they can be mostly mitigated by better play. And to the people making demands, this is a beta. The whole point is to find out what needs to be fixed through mass play testing. Make suggestions, not demands.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously you guys are nerfing characters already? just cause a handful of noobs are complaining.... why would you make a DPS paragon tree for guardian fighter if your just gonna nerf them when they start doing too much damage.... this is very disappointing.... your following the same foots steps of SWTOR. While your nerfing stuff as a guardian fighter this is what makes the game difficult for me when facing other players....Wizards control powers last for too long... Clerics heal too often in pvp.... Rogues do to much damage and the 2nders run can too often there why don't you nerf those too...
    You don't read do you?? GF was NOT nerfed... There was a bug with one of the high tier sets, when coupled with other items that caused GF to deal 8mil+ in one shot... this is what was fixed. Not nerfed, FIXED.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jsnspncr90 wrote: »
    AFK players in PvP aren't the problem. "Inactive" players are, which obviously include but are not limited to players going AFK. The XP, Glory, etc rewards should be entirely performance based. You should receive a certain amount of XP based on the amount of points you accrue during the match. The winning team should then have their individual amounts of XP or Glory multiplied by X. (.5, .25, whatever the devs deem fair). If someone just stands around in base but remains active to avoid the AFK kick, they will still receive 0 XP or glory for not having accrued any points during the match. That really is the only way to eliminate the issue.

I understand the main objective of PvP is to capture and hold the points, but the Domination bars should also be filled by kills, it only makes sense. I apologize if this is already the case and I just haven't realized it. I just don't see how a team can get outgained in kills by a huge amount and still win. There should also be some kind of point reward for reviving a teammate as it is so easy for an enemy to run in and stomp them before anyone can get them up.

With all that said, I have been leveling my cleric up mostly through PvP and still thoroughly enjoy it. Yes, there are a few balance issues, but as others have stated, they can be mostly mitigated by better play. And to the people making demands, this is a beta. The whole point is to find out what needs to be fixed through mass play testing. Make suggestions, not demands.

agreed but i die a lot in pvp matches. i will be the mvp on the other team.
    valor.png
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kormai wrote: »
    Thought the same, second this
    I like this idea, rewards earned this way make it team based. the better your team does the better the rewards.
  • Options
    knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All guardian fighters should get roll backs

You're a troll.
  • Options
    warshadewarshade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

no more afker in pvp Awesome :)))
This discussion has been closed.