Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    stantheman10stantheman10 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat
    • Fixed an issue where the Guardian Fighter was able to do significantly more damage than was intended.

PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Clarification: The change to Guardian Fighters is not a balance change and does not affect damage output for that class under normal circumstances. This fixes a very rare circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly to a significant degree. Most players have never experienced this, however, those who have know that it was significant enough to warrant a fix ASAP. Thanks to all the players who requested clarification on this!

Players are not being removed from pvp for being afk Ive seen three such cases in pvp domination I believe they are just moving slightly to beat the augmentation what need happen is they need to be ported out of the campsite area and be forced into pvp
    a lot of people are getting upset at having to deal with a pvp group their even asking for groups in zone chat its crazy.
  • Options
    pugpug1953pugpug1953 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is all well and good and thank you for fixing things . I feel one important and irritating thing is the Need or Greed system .
    It is just not working. People are rolling need on things they cant even use .
    I have seen games where you do not even have the option to roll unless it is for your class .
    I am sick and tired of selfish people rolling on items they can't use.
    Please so something about this.
    I know you are trying to fix things ASAP and I hope this problem is resolved soon
    Thank you
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the rogue due for a toning down of standard damage? It doesn't seem right that the rogue out-damages all of my characters of the other class types. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this, but it also takes the enjoyment out of teaming with my fighter when a rogue teammate can kill a target with throwing daggers before I even get into combat...

Lilly

Rogues work with surprise tactics. It is simple math from the original D&D. It's perfectly implemented.

In Everquest they nerfed paladins. Then everyone stopped playing one. Then they nerfed ranger's headshot. Everyone got mad who played a ranger. I played a monk and put over 2000 hours into him in a year. I was a top 20 on my server even though I had a casual attitude. But now everyone has access to feign death potions and the game sucks. Now here I am. I get my *** handed to me by Team Jacob and a Green Dragon and I love it. But I murder little imps and skeleton archers like it's my job; because it is.

My monk in EQ often led in DPS during 50+ man raids, but it was due to good gearing, great teamwork, and fabulous tank rotation.

A good control wizard and a fighter working together will just plain house me in PvP. All the daggers in the world can't stop that.

The rogue can be looked at as a pulling class. Fighters are practically invaluable. You guys get to stand in a mobs face while the tank is getting battered and do some serious damage. I get to jump around in the background going nanny boo-boo waiting for my daily to charge.

You guys get to hammer end-bosses while I "get" to protect healers from trash. I have no problem as a team-oriented guy but the only reason I rank high in damage during raid is because I'm pretty good with a keyboard. :D

Get your buddy to pull mobs to your location instead of running around beating you to it... or try some difficult Foundry quests. Trust me: your buddy will see your value as you should in yourself.

Respect & love,

Daku
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    broodmama21broodmama21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    Just give some love to Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    kupsken14kupsken14 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when some players tell something,the dev ammending it, while doing it,other characters will get advantages, it will never stop.the design of each characters is being redevelop.the problem is when you listen to what they say you doing what they want... in the end the whole player are spoiled about it.....now what character is next to problem rouge?cleric? wizard?bla bla bla......
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    the thing is what? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    what is what? lol
  • Options
    caocigarscaocigars Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pugpug1953 wrote: »
    This is all well and good and thank you for fixing things . I feel one important and irritating thing is the Need or Greed system .
    It is just not working. People are rolling need on things they cant even use .
    I have seen games where you do not even have the option to roll unless it is for your class .
    I am sick and tired of selfish people rolling on items they can't use.
    Please so something about this.
    I know you are trying to fix things ASAP and I hope this problem is resolved soon
    Thank you

Welcome to Cryptic games. Get used to it.
    This is not an open beta, this is a soft launch given with an apology.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    THE THING IS? in pvp when we enter in arena,from lvl ex. 30 you enter into a category of pvp lvl 30-39 in this case all player has their significant lvl countering on other who are in lvl obove or greather having power...that make ppl confuse about their skills and power..so WHY to change every characters ability, power, skills?! THE THING IS, much better to make a pvp option wherein every lvl is same in when they enter the arena.LOOOOOL!

....a short reply to protocol87.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    caocigars wrote: »
    Welcome to Cryptic games. Get used to it.

How is that cryptic games fault for peoples selfishness?

I don't roll on anything i don't need unless it's shards or craft items.

Best thing to do is to all agree of passing on items. Pre-check your team and then if they are bad - block and never play with them again.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    flyingdoctorflyingdoctor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is a simple sollution to this discussion. just make a roll and a pass button if you want or need an item roll if you don't pass
    if there are no other options the complaining will stop

i Too get pissed when everybody greeds on a rune and one P of S keeps pushing need
    so remove need/greed by just giving roll/pass option
  • Options
    covencoven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    e11z wrote: »
    How is that cryptic games fault for peoples selfishness?

I don't roll on anything i don't need unless it's shards or craft items.

Best thing to do is to all agree of passing on items. Pre-check your team and then if they are bad - block and never play with them again.

Yes because people these days r so trustworthy, need or greed needs to go. Their will always be "ninja" as long as it exists. Find a better system please.:p
  • Options
    nightwolf19nightwolf19 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my character losts level, and quest rewards too, what happened? she was level 48, now 47, companion was rank 15, now 13.
  • Options
    exterminasianexterminasian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that they reverted the game to its previous state before the exploit became too out of hand. I could of course be completely wrong.
  • Options
    rangerrico1rangerrico1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oddly enough i lost levels and quests etc. looks like i lost a whole days play. its at the same place i logged in yesterday.
  • Options
    nightwolf19nightwolf19 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rangerrico you know this problem, what can we doing?
  • Options
    kjokjo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hexagar wrote: »
    M8 they didn't nerf GF damage, all they did was to remove
    an exploitable bug where GF damaged for some millions and
    One shoted epic bosses .

I do not recall doing damage for some millions, I do however know for a fact all skills damage got halved I have taken screen shots of skills in PvP and out in PVE literally damage has been halved? I have trouble downing anyone I would like clarification if this is balanced against other classes? Are other skills reduved? I do not normally post messages on forums primarily interested in feedback on the above questions. Thank you

PVP skill damages
    Please take note of what other players think when GF's do PvP now "other player states in chat we have 2 guardian fighters we loose"
    ed1_zps0387a551.png

ed3_zps121fe97c.png
    edited2_zps17365f66.png

PVE Skill Damages
    double the amount of
    outofpvp_zps24bef231.png
  • Options
    deathbringer488deathbringer488 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about fixing the guardian fighters sheild defense paragon feat plz or giving me my points back
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    but what about the Guardian Tab skill? aint you going to change it? its too ugly...sorry to say...
  • Options
    itzkuyafitzkuyaf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awh they nerfed guardian fighters :/
  • Options
    saintnewagesaintnewage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not believe that path helped with afks... :(
  • Options
    lyim02lyim02 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When are you going to fix the Aggro clerics get, over all the others. I am with the group, and the GF uses Aggro ability, thief and mage and GWF are doing tons of damage, and the enemies seek me out, how is that balanced, when I do the least amount of damage and can't heal myself and the team fast enough when being hunted down by the entire enemy horde?
  • Options
    zealotomegazealotomega Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyim02 wrote: »
    When are you going to fix the Aggro clerics get, over all the others. I am with the group, and the GF uses Aggro ability, thief and mage and GWF are doing tons of damage, and the enemies seek me out, how is that balanced, when I do the least amount of damage and can't heal myself and the team fast enough when being hunted down by the entire enemy horde?

yes I have seen this too, I several of my parties I've formed, I run a GF and I can't pull the agro from the cleric, not to happy about you guys nerfing the GF if there are any complaints about it doing TOO much damage id say its a lie, the Rogue has the highest damage output of all classes wizard would be next and then the GF, but what is the opinion of one person vs a dev team and countless others that are complaining about it. Also can you guys a gamepad function to the key bindings, or a gamepad tab under/above the key bindings tab?

keep up the good work guys.
  • Options
    shadyhavok1shadyhavok1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people complain so much about rogues.... yeah they do a lot of damage but fighters can block it all and its almost impossible to even get close to a caster as a rogue. they have ridiculous range, cc that lasts forever, and too much damage. I say decrease the range on those casters or decrease the amount of damage they do. rogues arent unstoppable in pvp.
  • Options
    uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    lyim02 wrote: »

Agreed, if my cleric is going to tank 90% of mobs on the screen, give me a shield. The person that needs the most healing by a country mile, has a lovely -40% debuff. I can see why people take two clerics instead of a guardian fighter, if you're going to be tanking, you want a healer that can heal you properly. Remove Righteousness and give us a shield, I'll happily be main tank :P
This discussion has been closed.