test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

Comments

• pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban them exploiters.

Ive reported all of them plz they have no right to play this game anymore :( cuz they destroyed the Economy!

It was there in the game, and for the time it was in the game, there were no rules or posts stating that players should not take advantage of the game allowing that behavior. They technically did nothing wrong, and as such can't be penalized for it, especially now that the problem is fixed.
  • eyezoreyezor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job this patch is the step in the right way when it comes to game breaking exploits/bugs! Keep them coming Cryptic. Excited to see what the future holds for this game :)
  • lordstormbowlordstormbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat
    Fixed an issue where the Guardian Fighter was able to do significantly more damage than was intended.
    LOL! Haven't seen a guardian capable of doing significant damage yet.
    PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.
    So you're still OK with CWs stun locking people for an entire combat, rogues doing F*&^&ing insane amounts of damage, life stealing, and being immortal, and cleric double-stacking their seals-- all of which are much bigger and much more pressing issues than someone not moving at all in pvp.

You want to fix something truly important? (All of the above.) And stop your grossly unbalanced teams from climbing up into the spawn campfires and killing the other players that don't have a ghost of a f&*%&ing chance to defend themselves.
    Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Yay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordstormbowlordstormbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roybm90 wrote: »
    I would like to see a vote to kick system.
    The only problem is not just afk players but the leader randomly kicking people for no reason right before a pvp match ends.
    Thanks for fixing some of the bigger issues.
    This is stupid. WoW players have proven this is a bad system. If A doesn't like the way B plays, vote kick. And far too many players in MMOs nowadays are unfathomably egotistical, self-centered, and think it would be hilarious to kick someone for the simple fact that they know (TROLLING) it's going to disrupt the kicked person's game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Its hilarious listening to all these high and mighty folks cry for the heads of those "exploiters". I guarantee the majority of you have or would, if queued into a epic dungeon instance with one of these "exploiters" sit back and watch in awe. All the while benefiting from the experience, then hide your loot and step back up on your high horse. Equipping a gear set and then finding out you hit rather hard and then utilizing your newfound abilities. HANG THEM! Perhaps better closed beta testers could have prevented the lynch mobs?
  • satukisatuki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they did it once, well they had a lucky day. If they did it a half a dozen times, then they should lose what they gained. If they exploited it to the points where made a fortune, they should get banned. My two cents ;-)

Main reason why I'm in favor of a server wipe after open beta with players purchased zen refunded .
    Allow a fair and balanced environment free of exploits .

My main concerns is with the dungeon queue system and boss mechanics.

A) queues need a way to detect class having 4 rogues and a GWF
    Will not go far .
    B) the number of adds in tier 2 is crazy , it's hard for the wrong group make up to tackle this .
    Without enough dps the bosses health stands still cause of add control or the group dies cause adds overwhelm the CC
  • farronzfarronz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do i report players that are constantly using the exploit to farm?
  • thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No foundry fixes? Im glad you are fixing problems as fast as you can, and that you roll out fixes as soon as they are ready, but these patch notes seem really short sometimes... the last one only had one fix :P

Im curious, when it comes to fixing bugs, do you have separate teams for "Game" and "Foundry"?
    Also is your Foundry/Bug team aware of the "Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry" sticky on the Foundry forum?
    There are alot of things there that should be considdered bugs, and alot of things there that should take less than an hour to fix.
  • drz3wodrz3wo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Any informations about Scourge Warlock, when when when when? :<
    I'd Play so hard with thiss class ;)
    Cryptic, please tell us~! :)
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So you're still OK with CWs stun locking people for an entire combat, rogues doing F*&^&ing insane amounts of damage, life stealing, and being immortal, and cleric double-stacking their seals-- all of which are much bigger and much more pressing issues than someone not moving at all in pvp.

You want to fix something truly important? (All of the above.) And stop your grossly unbalanced teams from climbing up into the spawn campfires and killing the other players that don't have a ghost of a f&*%&ing chance to defend themselves.

Yay?
    Your method of pvp would ruin pvp... right now PvP is fast pace and is really really enjoyable.
  • paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you follow the posts bac, (look at which post swaydeee was agreaing with, so on and so on), it appears to be a response to them FIXING a bug, and someone stating that now that it is fixed, they need to ban those who took advantage of it..... sigh. Use brain (your words), and read EVERYTHING about a post, all the way back.
  • zotaahzotaah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirfrog wrote: »
    Oh and a playful suggestion.. Please reduce knock back skills on control wizards while in a party dungeon. Rather annoying when the party is trying to kill an enemy then its suddenly on the other side of the map.. over and over :rolleyes:

Agree with the knock back, kind of annoying as a tank once you have gathered all mobs and get them ready for the AoE. The mechanism could be modified that every mob knocked back would attack the offending player. This way if the tanks choose not to take back the aggro this wizard would just have to deal alone with the knocked back mobs.

Also it would be nice to be able to go to our character window without logging out.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zotaah wrote: »
    Agree with the knock back, kind of annoying as a tank once you have gathered all mobs and get them ready for the AoE. The mechanism could be modified that every mob knocked back would attack the offending player. This way if the tanks choose not to take back the aggro this wizard would just have to deal alone with the knocked back mobs.

Also it would be nice to be able to go to our character window without logging out.

No, just no. Repel at R3 pushes back to 80'. This is a "get out of my face because tanks can't hold threat for anything" ability. Instead of asking them to break it, try telling your CW not to use it on your balled group. It's a L2P issue.

I mean seriously, I can't remember the last time a "tank" actually held threat for more than 2 seconds.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • sl4y37sl4y37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    Your method of pvp would ruin pvp... right now PvP is fast pace and is really really enjoyable.

I have to disagree, at the moment even as a tank, I feel like Rouges ad Wizards are just completely over powered when it comes to combat. Yes it makes the PVP fast pace but if a party gets a party entirely of these classes they have complete advantage.
  • serudis1serudis1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will all the search parameters on the auction house function properly?
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a very specific bug where, under certain circumstances, damage would be increased to an amount exponentially higher than it should have been. It was not that all Guardian Fighters were doing more damage than intended - it was a very specific bug that happened under very specific circumstances. :)

You fixed it just say it, with the Stalwart Bulwark set, there were other things you could do to get 10 stacks rather than 5, making your power 24000+ rather than 12000+ for 8 seconds. It was pretty well documented on the General Discussion forums.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
    edited May 2013
    sl4y37 wrote: »
    I have to disagree, at the moment even as a tank, I feel like Rouges ad Wizards are just completely over powered when it comes to combat. Yes it makes the PVP fast pace but if a party gets a party entirely of these classes they have complete advantage.

Lol wrong, if you are a tank do your job, knights valor, suck up half your parties damage for 10 seconds with only a 10 second cooldown, and you can block that damage, do this standing inside a cleric circle and you da man. Also your job is to sumo wrestle, use your knockback abilities to keep people out of the ring while you stand there. Does a CW with a lucky crit one shot you? sure, does a rogue that gets behind you and disables you mess you up? Sure, does your cleric do its job during this time? Probably not since you are /cry all over the forums
  • gizmomybizmogizmomybizmo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dyrikaaas wrote: »
    "PvP

Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK."

wow, and I actually liked winning all those pvp's without effor :l

All jokes aside these little patches are awesome :)

Anyone know if this counts DC's as well?
    edited May 2013
    I don't have a GF so I am not sure how easy it was to do, but they said it was very Rare and the circumstances had to be just right, I don't think it would be fare to penalize all GW for something that rare

Yeah a lot of people think it is just equip the set and exploit active, thats not the case and the set has not been nerfed, there were more circumstances needed to trigger a double stack. The problem was the set is supposed to stack 5 times, there were people forcing it to bug out and stack 10 times virtually soloing entire tier 2 dungeons.
  • awiikyawiiky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix a bug in the GF that almost nobody reported ... Now you can fix the master shield bug? THANKS
  • coolmoleculecoolmolecule Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay for PvP afkers!
  • nbkjokernbkjoker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait, i'm a guardian fighter. What was doing more damage?
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well done! Thanks Cryptic!
    L'sya Raiya
  • kyssumikyssumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Good news indeed now here's to hoping they fix the other very serious exploits that people have been abusing on a large scale as well and banning all who abused em heh.
    "Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Lol wrong, if you are a tank do your job, knights valor, suck up half your parties damage for 10 seconds with only a 10 second cooldown, and you can block that damage, do this standing inside a cleric circle and you da man. Also your job is to sumo wrestle, use your knockback abilities to keep people out of the ring while you stand there. Does a CW with a lucky crit one shot you? sure, does a rogue that gets behind you and disables you mess you up? Sure, does your cleric do its job during this time? Probably not since you are /cry all over the forums

Exactly! its all an L2P issue for most.
  • skiv2skiv2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Afk PvP will never go away.. people will just run about for 10 sec to stop going auto afk and look busy. Only thing we have to combat this is for the leader to kick them but the problem is those kicked don't get replaced..
  • ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat
    • Fixed an issue where the Guardian Fighter was able to do significantly more damage than was intended.

PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Clarification: The change to Guardian Fighters is not a balance change and does not affect damage output for that class under normal circumstances. This fixes a very rare circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly to a significant degree. Most players have never experienced this, however, those who have know that it was significant enough to warrant a fix ASAP. Thanks to all the players who requested clarification on this!

At last!! I really hate AKFers in pvp!! -_-
  • zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yay?

CWs stunlocking who? LOL. Rogues are supposed to, but they cant kill Clerics, CWs cant stunlock GWFs... sounds like you dont understand PvP.

But regardless, just saying these changes were important for a lot of people. Not worthless... at least in my opinion, just like what is important is only subjective to you.
  • zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will happen soon enough I imagine.

-Party Vote System
    -Refill with someone in Q
    -Take away lead

Means they have to probably code in a new type of group. A vote system and what not.
    People still afk in WoW with a much better system. Though its less and less.
  • domhunter29domhunter29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea!!! Way to go Cryptic! About time those AFK PvPers get what they diserve! Hats off to you.
    Keep the good work coming.:cool:

//edit Why isn't my Guardian title showing up D:
    Stabby McStab!
This discussion has been closed.