test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.23

Comments

• shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome pvp fix! It was totally getting out of hand to a point where you can't get fights anymore while the economy breaks for it.
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the fixes. maybe on the next patch you could fix the issue of the Companions not being able 2 unbind please :)
  • youngwawayoungwawa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe should fix the taunt too?
    with lower dps how we suppose to get aggro now?
  • alfiontealfionte Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for your hard work! :D

Please, will be really appriciate a trick to delete multiple mails, or delete all mails without attachments.
  • inannukinannuk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat

PvP
    • Players will now be removed from PvP for being AFK.

[/I]

BUT BUT BUT.. how about Players will not be KICKED from PVP by a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> party leader? (ex: my team dominates, i'm 1st on the score board and at 800 points BAM! kick!)
  • swaydeeeswaydeee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban them exploiters.

Ive reported all of them plz they have no right to play this game anymore :( cuz they destroyed the Economy!

I agree. I have NO interest in playing a game where exploiters have ruined the economy, and get away with it.

Either ban them, or strip them, or HEAVILY punish them.
  • hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    youngwawa wrote: »
    maybe should fix the taunt too?
    with lower dps how we suppose to get aggro now?
    M8 they didn't nerf GF damage, all they did was to remove
    an exploitable bug where GF damaged for some millions and
    One shoted epic bosses .
  • macdante1macdante1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat

PvP

However, this still does not solve the problem...
    What mean AFK ?? - after which time no active player is kicked?

Still problem is with players who enter on PVP and stay in CAMP (hi moved and cast spell from spawn, but still stay in one place and his not AFK) but.

Next problem: When my party claim all points and i stay on one to defend his i must any time moved ? What happened when i stay in one place 'll be kicked out, too for AFK?
  • muhai01muhai01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swaydeee wrote: »
    I agree. I have NO interest in playing a game where exploiters have ruined the economy, and get away with it.

Either ban them, or strip them, or HEAVILY punish them.

Crybaby kids..... u wrong asking for ban... u should asking game fix...game fix solve problem ever after... Banning?? they can make million Account for that.... Use brain kids...
  • draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat

[/I]

Does this mean it will refill with a player if they are kicked?
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the fixes. maybe on the next patch you could fix the issue of the Companions not being able 2 unbind please :)

Yes please, I want to pass my Phoera to my active toons. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the GWF damage exploit is still available and the CW?
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • roybm90roybm90 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see a vote to kick system.
    The only problem is not just afk players but the leader randomly kicking people for no reason right before a pvp match ends.
    Thanks for fixing some of the bigger issues.
  • lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Awesome. Got my blessings!
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    great thing for fixing PVP.I hate exploits and those people that use them whould eventually kill the game.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HOW does it remove people who are AFK

HOW does it know

HOW does it prevent against people who just tap the mouse a bit.

You may not have all the answers right now but please provide SOME insight as to what's goin on.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yay! i was wondering about that pesky double email thing.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    HOW does it remove people who are AFK

HOW does it know

HOW does it prevent against people who just tap the mouse a bit.

You may not have all the answers right now but please provide SOME insight as to what's goin on.

This is a valid question, people might still find a way around it, my suggestion would be a team gets xp based on the percentage of 1000 they make, this would make people at least have to try if they wanted to get PVP XP.

Say the match gives 5000 xp for 1000 - if the loosing team finished with 800 - then they would get 4000xp - but if an afk team who finds a way around the fix didn't participate they would get 0 xp - Just a thought
  • gorillacherokgorillacherok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All guardian fighters should get roll backs
  • emolithemolith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A good start, but you should remove the incentive to bot pvp, by preventing pvp potions from being sold to the vendor for so much gold.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't have a GF so I am not sure how easy it was to do, but they said it was very Rare and the circumstances had to be just right, I don't think it would be fare to penalize all GW for something that rare
  • jihodsjihods Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great job fixing the PvP thing, sounds like a good patch!
  • grayhograyho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

worst idea ever...I'm a GF and I didn't exploit - why should I have to suffer?

As I said in the previous patchnote thread - thank you for these changes

One of my largest issues right now that no one else has raised is the fact that leaders can kick from dungeons instantly.

I completely understand the need to kick people - if they are afk or if they are ninja-ing etc etc.

But WHENEVER I join castle never - I immediately get kicked because I am a GF and nobody feels my class is good enough to be an asset.

So please either fix GF (and GWF), or put like a time limit for kicking - so that I can actually 'prove my worth' before I am kicked simply for my class.
  • h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this mean it will refill with a player if they are kicked?

Not yet - it's being addressed though and on our list.
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good good. Now you miss blue shield from clerics stack. and aggro decrease for clerics and increase for gf
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • alorianmclean198alorianmclean198 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I strongly disagree with this as I have a Guardian Fighter who I have not used exploits on. I have grinded my way up to level 32 so far without using any form of cheat. So to punish me for something that others were doing would be in my mind the most horrible thing cryptic could do, and I am sure that a good deal of the GF's out there would agree. I definitely think that anyone using an exploit should be held responsible but don't punish everyone for one mistake. Other than that PW and Cryptic keep up the good work, loving the game so far.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013

PvP

Yayyy thanks guy
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• phulphiskphulphisk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat

PvP

This is not true.
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat
    Mail
    • Fixed an issue where mail appeared to duplicate itself when other mail was deleted.

Thank you! ;)
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • lordkhristuslordkhristus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Cryptic friends, we need a hibrid class called monk. A class unarmed, who has attacks that take damage while healing up the monk and his party friends. With an oriental desing. A fighter as ever.
This discussion has been closed.