What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    lorddevilkunlorddevilkun Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Look at what gamers are saying outside of this forum- this game makes SWTOR look like the biggest success of the decade.

And it's entirely due to the unbelievable amount of damage exploiting has done.

Thing is- Cryptic let this happen. They ignored alpha tester warnings. They ignored what has happened in other mmos- including THEIR OWN- and made old mistakes. They put in a boe, ninja friendly, afk farm loot system that was just asking to be exploited.

The instant 60 and one shotting bosses was simply icing on the dung cake.
  • Options
    v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea well they need to fix these exploits and release new content while at it..cause if this isnt happening they will lose huge amount of player base next month cause rift is going f2p as well
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    v4ngel wrote: »
    yea well they need to fix these exploits and release new content while at it..cause if this isnt happening they will lose huge amount of player base next month cause rift is going f2p as well

I thought Rift was already f2p?
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just keep track of whatever founder packs people bought, how much Zen they purchased, how much AD they had, if possible, and go frickin' nuts. Wipe as much as you like. Long as the tainted goods aren't a concern anymore.

If people *****-fit and leave, they weren't gonna hang around long anyway.

Exactly!

Wipe this ****, give us all a "gift" for beta testing your game and wipe away!
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they do, do that I'd like our 5 day headstart again! xD

In all honesty, I hope they do not wipe as I have put in a great deal of time and have never exploited or cheated my way to what I have gotten in game. They need to fix the issues, ban the accounts and associated accounts and remove any astral diamonds that may have been put into guild banks and sent to other places.

Add an extra tier of gear T3 that is all Bind on pickup so it cannot be sold and make sure you create the content properly so it cannot be exploited in such manners the economy will stable its self after some times.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wiping can take care of the exploit issue, I say "can" because more exploits are likely to pop up. But it wont fix botting at all. Also the main problem is that everything is BoE, that is what allowed this to ruin the economy in the first place. To truly fix this game they need to do some dramatic changes in addition to wiping the servers. Really though, they wont do any of it, not even the wipe.

Exploits just accelerated the process that would have happened anyway.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want to give a heartfelt thanks to the OP for distracting the forum from the normal dredging, accusing and name calling. Well into 1000+ posts of pure therapy.
    The simple solution is to do a selective search and wipe only the abusers that did the dirty deed back to the shipwreck.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True. I just hope he's not too disappointed when no wipes actually happen. Well.. Maybe a little disappointed would be fine.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Wiping can take care of the exploit issue, I say "can" because more exploits are likely to pop up. But it wont fix botting at all. Also the main problem is that everything is BoE, that is what allowed this to ruin the economy in the first place. To truly fix this game they need to do some dramatic changes in addition to wiping the servers. Really though, they wont do any of it, not even the wipe.

Exploits just accelerated the process that would have happened anyway.

If there wasn't BoE, wouldn't that compound the issue even more though? I guess I look at it from a seller's PoV rather than a buyer, and prefer items to hold their value and without BoE the AH would become more flooded with reselling etc. I am more of a self-found player that sells off-class and duplicate item drops and haven't bought any gear.
  • Options
    v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    I thought Rift was already f2p?

no rift just turning f2p next month
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/rift-going-free-to-play-6408326

back to topic..
    making another server would be good as well after the exploit fix.. i would definitely play
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is almost every solution "punish everyone because of what some people are doing?"

I don't need a game for that, that's what real life is for.

No interest in a wipe, no characters above lvl 33, no AD other than Foundry dailies and invoking and crafting.

I put effort into my characters, I know for some people it's just a random toon, not me.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If there wasn't BoE, wouldn't that compound the issue even more though? I guess I look at it from a seller's PoV rather than a buyer, and prefer items to hold their value and without BoE the AH would become more flooded with reselling etc. I am more of a self-found player that sells off-class and duplicate item drops and haven't bought any gear.

Maybe I just misunderstood you, sorry if I did. But the alternative to BoE is BoP. Which would mean that epic loots couldn't be sold at all, exploiters could have only vendored their gear instead of amassing millions upon millions of AD, botters would have to earn their own gear etc. But Cryptic won't do that because it would force zen buyers to earn their gear too, and that would reduce zen sales.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    v4ngel wrote: »
    no rift just turning f2p next month
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/rift-going-free-to-play-6408326

back to topic..
    making another server would be good as well after the exploit fix.. i would definitely play

Oooh that actually looks pretty good. Rift was a god game, but not $15/month good. More like $5/month good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Maybe I just misunderstood you, sorry if I did. But the alternative to BoE is BoP. Which would mean that epic loots couldn't be sold at all, exploiters could have only vendored their gear instead of amassing millions upon millions of AD, botters would have to earn their own gear etc. But Cryptic won't do that because it would force zen buyers to earn their gear too, and that would reduce zen sales.

Oh BoP is even better imo, I was the one who misunderstood then.

Figured that was it since I don't remember disagreeing with you before. :D
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    I want to give a heartfelt thanks to the OP for distracting the forum from the normal dredging, accusing and name calling. Well into 1000+ posts of pure therapy.
    The simple solution is to do a selective search and wipe only the abusers that did the dirty deed back to the shipwreck.

A most capital idea! Why punish everyday innocent plebeians when it is in their power to hunt down the cads responsible!

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A most capital idea! Why punish everyday innocent plebeians when it is in their power to hunt down the cads responsible!

Haha, I should have saved my Monty Python link for this thread it seems. :D
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    My view on it is this atm.

Anyone who even remotely tries to justify a reason for not wiping has simply been exploiting and wants to hold on to thier ill found wealth, thats about the end of it, because any normal level headed person will agree, at the current state the game is in, nothing short of a wipe will do, regardless of time spent playing and the vote count is growing slowly with 60% of the people still willing to play and spend RL money on Zen after a wipe.

So you have just accused me of exploiting the game because I don't agree with you? How many people are at level 60 and are actually affected by this? Also how many people never visit the forums and have not even heard of these exploits? All that these people will see is that they have to redo their characters because of the greed of other people. All their hard work and effort has been completely wasted. A cure is pointless if it kills the patient. A character wipe would turn away more people than the people that have been affected by the exploits and I am certain that it will cause more damage to the game than simply fixing the exploits and severely punishing the exploiters. The economy will recover from the Founder's packs and exploiters.

As far as your vote goes, it is too easy to force the vote to go either way with alt accounts and most people that play Neverwinter don't post on the forums or even check them for the usual threads. Even if the vote is 60%, it doesn't mean that 60% of the people agree with you.
  • Options
    irjellyirjelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    "AD have been farmed to an insane degree and converted to PW currency so they basically gave away money."

Completely false. All Zen that has been converted was paid for by somebody. None of it was just generated by people who wanted to trade for AD.
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF bug fixed, but no one banned ?
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    code004code004 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I agree that exploiters should be punished. I leveled my character up fair and square in 5 days, got all the PvP gear fair and square by PvP-ing for 8 hours straight, and I don't approve of deletion of my progress.

What they should do is just be unforgiving and lock the accounts of people who used exploits, and that's it.

However, in the end...I don't know, if they're not going to do anything about it, maybe a wipe is the only option.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point there's been so much sploiting I don't think it's possible for the devs to track all the sploiters, what they looted and what they sold.
    So I'd eagerly accept to have my characters wiped if that'd mean a clean economy.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At this point there's been so much sploiting I don't think it's possible for the devs to track all the sploiters, what they looted and what they sold.
    So I'd eagerly accept to have my characters wiped if that'd mean a clean economy.
    This. They missed their opportunity to solve this quickly. The sheer amount of time they took to solve this gave the exploiters plenty of time to launder their ill gotten gains and make it super difficult to track. Giving a fair amount of notice on the server downtime certainly didn't help either, the exploiters that weren't laundering yet certainly were then!

To the people who compare this to using a nuke, it's not that the problem is unsolvable by methods other than a wipe. It's that they've let things get soooooo jacked up that it would take ALOT of man hours to stabilize the game without one. Considering it's only been up a couple weeks it's easier to just start over and try again. But IF this happens again, I don't think I'm giving PW game anymore tries.

If they do go through with the wipe I'd really like to see that they give the founders their headstart. I'm not one myself, but they certainly deserve everything they paid for.
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree on whipe.
    Even the thought that the 2-3 items that I bought from the AH with my founder's ADs was the product of exploit, and by that I am using exploited gear myself, is sickening and griefing.
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    They patch with the fix for afk pvp and damage bug. End of what they'll do with this exploits
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How well they can control afk pvp will have to be seen. Will simply jumping on the spot overcome this? Or running round the campfire....we'll see.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    redlanceredlance Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    How well they can control afk pvp will have to be seen. Will simply jumping on the spot overcome this? Or running round the campfire....we'll see.
    It could be very easy, if a character stays more than 30 seconds in the respawn area, it's afk, even if running in circles, jumping or whatever a macro can do. Characters need to be in the playground where they can take part to the fight.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redlance wrote: »
    It could be very easy, if a character stays more than 30 seconds in the respawn area, it's afk, even if running in circles, jumping or whatever a macro can do. Characters need to be in the playground where they can take part to the fight.

Is it possible for them to lock auto run on so the just run down till they get killed the rinse repeat? then that would be lame.
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A character wipe at this point would require a lot of work, I'm guessing because people have already bought stuff off the zen store. If this was made transferable to new characters I'm all for it. (not for my sake, but for the people who have already sunk rl cash into the game)
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    neridium wrote: »
    A character wipe at this point would require a lot of work, I'm guessing because people have already bought stuff off the zen store. If this was made transferable to new characters I'm all for it. (not for my sake, but for the people who have already sunk rl cash into the game)

A wipe can and will happen as it will happen at the end of the open Beta with packs AD & bought ZEN refunded (but refunded to neverwinter account only, not transferable to other accounts).

So it is not only possible but already planed.

Now whether they might want to do it now, is open. If I was PW I would let the people exploit and exploit and exploit and gather all those stuff to close the bugs , wipe again, and let people find more bug and exploit before the real opening of the game. That is what a BETA is for after all.

So yes, wipe us all.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neridium wrote: »
    One would assume a character wipe will also revert all bought and transferred Zen.
This discussion has been closed.