test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reviews/Feedback trading

Comments

• duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm if you do the group part, manage to get the ring, and then the main quest, you can't miss "where to use the ring" :)
    There's also something else hidden... tip: "The blind old man never lies". :D
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • drakkakahndrakkakahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short Code: NW-DKDFKOYCZ
    Player: @cymril85
    Quest: Storm Tower

A lot of your items and pretty much all of your map transitions are missing Interact Text so you get "Press F to interact" instead of "Press F to examine scroll" or "Press F to travel to next map" instead of "Press F to enter the tower". It's the little things like this that make a story-based quest truly immersive.

Also a couple typos in Celk's dialog:
    ...we would have wither and died.
    Zerika had a long time rivalry with with Vanamere...
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    duskdweller78 is doing an amazing job keeping this list up! Should be made sticky tbh..!
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • ganker3ganker3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check my Foundry if you can. I'll play and review one made by you.

Quest Name: Cult of the Dragons
    Short Code: NW-DSTLFFQ5K
    Duration: 10-20 minutes.
    edited May 2013
    docbach wrote: »
    Unholy Matrimony
    @DocBach
    NW-DPYM52476

~40 minutes, story heavy. Intended for a solo player as some difficulty can arise from other players picking up side-quest sensitive items in regards to completing the side quest. Adequate potions and/or a healing companion recommended as the quest is long and combat can be difficult at times.

I finally managed to play your quest :)
    Overall it's a very good quest, you removed some boring stuff since I first played it, and the quest flow is more quickly.
    I liked the side stuff and that you spent time to customize interiors and enemies.

There's just a couple if things I've noticed:
    The last dungeon felt a bit too big compared to what's inside (maybe cause you removed a lot of encounters since the last time I've been there, removing encounters was good).
    The small thing on the ground to click when you reach city alley map is a bit counter-intuitive I think you should use an invisible wall.
    edited May 2013
    markyx16 wrote: »
    Two of my quests got updated as well with lots of fixes here and there.
    Chapter 1: Rescuing Answers
    NW-DC64NKE5B

Chapter 2: Following the Horde
    NW-DHVWMBW9D

I just played the second quest of your campaign, and it left me with a bitter taste.
    While the quest overall could easily be a 5 star (quest, effects, customization), the encounters were a nightmare:
    1> The first time killing an encounters spawns another one, is cool; the second time, is fun; the third time, is ok; but when every encounter in your dungeon does that it turns into a bore-fest.
    2> It didn't make much sense that (at the beginning) every encounter was required to be killed to remove an invisible wall blocking your way.
    3> I think in a dungeon we can place all the creatures we want, but having them "live" togheter is another thing. You had mixed undeads, demons, gnolls, spiders, all togheter in the same tunnel.

I'm not bashing your quest, I'm ready to re-rate it should you fix the encounters (or you can leave them the way they are, I'm not the sacred holder of the ultimate truth).

Last but not least, you still have to rate my quest :P
  • mishennikaramishennikara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakkakahn wrote: »
    A lot of your items and pretty much all of your map transitions are missing Interact Text so you get "Press F to interact" instead of "Press F to examine scroll" or "Press F to travel to next map" instead of "Press F to enter the tower". It's the little things like this that make a story-based quest truly immersive.

Also a couple typos in Celk's dialog:
    ...we would have wither and died.
    Zerika had a long time rivalry with with Vanamere...

Ill go and fix them actually. The press F's were just something I didn't think of.

EDIT: Fixed where it would allow. Wouldn't let me do it with NPCs or abort exits of course. I added them to the scroll, crest, and anything else that wasn't quest required as well, but it won't show properly. Something I'm missing with those?

I also fixed some statues that I didnt realize were the wrong way.

How's combat though? Too easy or hard or just right for a solo run?

EDIT 2: Also republished...might take time to show up again
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »

I have created my own story a few days ago. It is quite story intensive (even though there still is some combat) and if you have the time and patience you could give it a try (Ignum - Chapter 1 - Path to the Underworld @krtr NW-DA4N8EOZD).

~Cheers

I really enjoyed your quest, very good story elements and tons of "side-stuff".

Some issues I've found:
    Looks like you didn't set any animation for all the objects interactions.
    Every dead digger had a "Talk with the digger" interaction instead of "Examine" or whatever.
    Too many base creatures, expecially undeads are over-abused in the Foundry, you should customize them.
    Beware of using spike traps, those things have a small bug that could get the player stuck forever.
  • upskirtupskirt Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    You've got the backbone for a great quest here, but as it is now, it's all ruined by the 984756987 (all same looking) enforcer/hexer encounters. Not only those guys are boring as hell at high level (high defence and random chance to heal), but you put them one after the other.
    I want you to understand is that I'm not bashing your quest (it would have been an easy 5 star without this issue), it's a pretty good quest, but you really need to tweak and fix (and customize) those encounters.

Small bugs I noticed:
    Almost at the beginning when you perform the ritual, the interaction is set to long, but there's no animation attached to it.
    When you fight Scotty Pool, his bodyguards spawn out of thin air, you should put them by the door, otherwise it looks like they came out of the fireplace :)
    Just after that, when you come out of the "inn", if you look back, you can see the exit door is misplaced inside the stairs.
    One of the doomguard's name is "Dommguard".

thanks heaps, good feedback. i'll get to fixing these right away!
  • warshadewarshade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deathly Cryptic Adventure
    Updated 1.40
    Code: NW-DHH9UBWIK

Updated Encounters
    Epic Boss fight

Recommended : Around lvl 30 2 player , for lvl 60 full party recommended :)
    I hope u like it :)
  • lemonkingilemonkingi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh there is a huge thread for this. :o

Sinister Manor - An Invitation : Thread
    Quest Short Code: NW-DLZZGA446
    Mission Type: Challenging Combat and Light Story
    Average Duration: ~25min (~40min doing all the Content)
    Amount of Combat: High (Challenging Solo, Moderate Duo)
    Starts at: Neverwinter (Nobleman Burkhard)
  • geopenguingeopenguin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    That was great. Makes me wish I didn't solo quest, but no friends are playing this game. My first quest is in my signature, but it was more of a learning experience. Working on something more daring now...if I can just figure out some of the other stuff. Like how to include Protector's Enclave in the quest...just haven't figured it out.
    Thanks again
    Geo
    Quest: KLUDO
    Author: @GEOPENGUIN
    Short Code: NW-DAX6SQH8U
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Bumpetybump! Make sticky!
    Quest

• rixenatorzrixenatorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just published my first Foundry quest. I would be interested in feedback, particularly in regards to combat pacing/difficulty. I feel I may have frontloaded the combat a bit too much. Please let me know your thoughts on the matter and anything else you'd add or change.

Code: NW-DB8OXX3R5
    Title: Damsel's Inn Distress
    Moderate Combat/Moderate Story
    Start: Protector's Enclave
    Playtime: 15-20 Minutes
  • nemrionir2knemrionir2k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Impetus for Castle Urtak

Name: Impetus for Castle Urtak
    Code: NW-DE8HMOMYW
    Author: @nemrionir2k

Feedback is welcome. Thx!
    edited May 2013
    daezo wrote: »
    Anyone for trading reviews? You can PM me your quest info...

"Bringing Truth to Words" NW-DDE386E52

Excellent quest, I've had a great time playing it, great story elements.

Minor issues I found:
    Barda moves too fast and never stops, it's a bit boring chasing him and waiting the game engine to finally decide to accept your "F".
    In the cave, the player spawns too near the exit door, uncanny players could use it and leave the quest.
    I think there were a bit too many traps (but this is just my opinion).
    I killed the general without killing the orc encounter on the other side of the room, when the general died the guard npc spawned and the orc encounter started attacking them. 20 guards vs 4 orcs and they were all frightened :P (I think you should despawn that encounter when the general dies).
  • thesecondseventhesecondseven Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reviewed. Very impressive and its popularity is well deserved. That one part is REALLY hard but we managed and its cool that the option to make it easier at the start is available.

Here is mine: NW-DDZ6NDJ9W
    The Legend of Adlez
  • fistantaliusfistantalius Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dark Caverns
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?231501-Dark-Caverns-New-Foundry-quest
    @fistantalius

[Note]
    It is still in the For Review section and this quest is part one of a series. I will check yours out as well and leave constructive review for you thank you
  • zelrantzelrant Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, let's trade reviews. I just published my first foundry quest and I really need some feedback. =)

Here's mine:

NW-DFJR2DOH6 - The Epic: Secrets of Shiganshina
    Recommended Players: 1
    Est. Playtime: 10-20mins (depending on the choice you'll make at one point)
    Features:
    -Lots of dialogue, good amount of story.
    -Cameo appearances of characters from different games, and anime. (I won't spoil them, check my quest to find out! :D)
    -A variety of things to do (Dueling with NPC, object interaction, item collection, optional routes.)

Thanks in advance!
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Simply wow! Man I was riveted even though it was after 2am and I had been cooking dialog on my own quest all day! That was simply the best UGC I've played yet. The side quests, the references (I guffawed when I read "allo" and the voice in my head was indeed the worm from Labyrinth). Truly epic.

I will definitely be running it again with friends and family.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    Too many quests to try out! And too many awesome!
    Quest

• ashleydusenberyashleydusenbery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to trade reviews with you. Please check out my "At the Inn of the Cleft Rock" campaign. The link and codes are in my signature. If you wish to review "Axes for Everyone" instead, that is fine with me too. Of course, I don't expect you to play both.
    Campaign: "At the End of the Cleft Rock" - NWS-DLV4Q9XLJ
    Ch. 1: "Driven to the Brink" - NW-DRYVJ3YMK

A Lighthearted Dungeon Crawl: "Axes for Everyone" - NW-DBA78LMOK
  • bardurnonbardurnon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi dusk,

Following our discussion yesterday on NW_Foundry, here are the details of the quest I have just published. I shall play your quest now.

Campaign Name: When Vultures Circle
    Quest Name: Prey on the Predators
    ShortCode: NW-DL5CBR73D
    Type: Story-Driven, Combat

Chapter 1 of the Story-Driven Action Campaign "When Vultures Circle".

Once one of the greatest houses in Neverwinter, the Astern estate has fallen into ruin. With half the family lost during the defence of the city, the remaining heirs can all but look on as the family fortune is taken from them by tricksters and bandits. Are you interested in offering a helping hand, or lining your own pockets with what's left of the Astern fortune?
    When Vultures Circle (Story-Driven Action Campaign)
    Q1: Prey on the Predators - NW-DL5CBR73D - http://tinyurl.com/cqkgj8q
    Q2: A Snake in the Nest - NW-DDVKMGSTY - http://tinyurl.com/ow63vt3
    Q3: The Scorched Dove - Under Construction
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My quest is in signature. Play it if you want. I need others feedbacks. I'll play and review yours ;)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • bardurnonbardurnon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My review of 'The Lady and the Worm' by BardicKnowledge;

OVERALL: An enjoyable, well-designed quest that is strong in all areas. 5 STARS. The quest's quality has meant that I've judged it with a more critical eye, so please take that into account before reading below).

STORY: An initially simple story line deepens into a tale that potentially could be quite engaging. As a prologue, the quest story is adequate and leaves me wanting more. I look forward to Chapter 1. I would suggest adding contactable items of lore that would provide a curious player with some reading material.
    DIALOG: Naturally flowing dialog that is well-written with very few grammar and spelling mistakes. I liked the number of background chat and contactable NPC's. Very good.
    COMBAT: Medium to Challenging. Encounters were well-designed and varied. I played through on normal solo and had a sense of achievement afterwards (which is obviously what you want!). The boss model and fight were great, perhaps a bit overboard for a prologue boss... The final campaign boss you have planned must be enormous!!!
    LEVEL DESIGN: A strong level design with some interesting side rooms, teleporters and a choice of pathways. I appreciated the work involved in the collapsing tunnel section, but it didn't add anything to the quest overall for me. Others may disagree.
    EFFECTS: The effects in the collapsing tunnel were very well done. In general, the rooms and atmosphere felt appropriate and polished.

Great stuff, BardicKnowledge. As I said before 5 Stars. The best form of flattery is imitation. I'll be using your Easy/Medium/Hard trick in future quests!
    When Vultures Circle (Story-Driven Action Campaign)
    Q1: Prey on the Predators - NW-DL5CBR73D - http://tinyurl.com/cqkgj8q
    Q2: A Snake in the Nest - NW-DDVKMGSTY - http://tinyurl.com/ow63vt3
    Q3: The Scorched Dove - Under Construction
    edited May 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    I would love to get a review from you Dusk.

By @Stebss
    Short Code:NW-DM900IFHK
    Mission Type: Humorous adventure with unique boss fights and hand crafted/fully detailed environments.
    Average Duration: 24 minutes
    Amount of Combat: Heavy.

When you get time of course :P

Great quest! I think you'll win hands down the prize for the most customized maps :)
    The fights were challenging at level 55, but challenging without cheap is always good.

Couple of things I didn't like (can't remember a single name, it's 3AM here and I'm very tired):
    The first time I accepted the quest the character spawned inside the hay bale.
    The fight with the instructor at the beginning, he's got a huge aoe heal and he kept healing himself and the two adds, it took me ages to kill him with my poor GF (with a very good equip). You could remove one or both of his big adds, or add a switch for slow dpsers that will remove them.
    The arena fights with for the "ice boss" were a bit boring for my tastes, I'd rather have just one single good fight and then skip to the boss fight (just my opinion).
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Any cave can lead to Adventure: NW-DQF4T7QYH It's published and no longer locked, feel free to test the first 2 wings of the first in my Dungeon Delve campaign. Hoping to have the full dungeon finished by Friday. There is no "over arching" story but rather a dungeon you stumble upon that has it's own narrative. Again it is only about half done, with the major boss encounter, and at least 1 full wing of the dungeon still closed off to players.

I enjoyed your quest and the original way you develop the story, very good rpg elements.

The encounters could use a bit of tweaking, eg. the wolves at the beginning could be set to "wander then combat", and the goblins could use a bit of costume customization.

Anyway, thumbs up :)
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will check yours out now. My info is posted in my signature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I enjoyed your quest and the original way you develop the story, very good rpg elements.

The encounters could use a bit of tweaking, eg. the wolves at the beginning could be set to "wander then combat", and the goblins could use a bit of costume customization.

Anyway, thumbs up :)

Glad you enjoyed it. Not sure why you had an issue with the wolves, they are both set to wander within 10' of their spawns, guess I'l have to recheck that.

Custom costumes are a little less than half way done. Not sure if you noticed any of the ones that did have but at least half the goblins had a custom costume. I'll be honest, the biggest hurdle for me when it comes to costumes is I despise the art they have for the clothing in this game. I can't put anyone in simple clothes or an old school leather armor with a tunic and pants. Everything are these over the top artisitic armors which look ridiculous on most of the NPCs.

That said, I fully plan that each unique model in the dungeon will have a unique costume by the time I'm done. Some may be no more than a different hairstyle and new colors but no matter what I want each to feel more unique, hence the fact I named each separately. Thank you for the feedback!
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
    edited May 2013
    bardurnon wrote: »
    My review of 'The Lady and the Worm' by BardicKnowledge;

Great stuff, BardicKnowledge. As I said before 5 Stars. The best form of flattery is imitation. I'll be using your Easy/Medium/Hard trick in future quests!

Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll try to add a bit more lore elements for the final version (the next, then I really need to move on chapter 1).
    It would be great, if and when you've got some spare time, if you could report the grammar issues you found, I'm not English and that's one of my first concerns.