test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reviews/Feedback trading

Comments

• duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    Hey, i tried your quest and I really like it. I like how you make your map and transition. Good work with it. Probably one of best foundry I have played.

If you will have time, pls look at NW-DDJJA7X98 (The Camp and bandits), if you will have some issue, comments,etc, pls write..thank you;)

Cool original quest overall :)

There were just a few minor issues:
    1> the weather is stormy, but the sky is clear.
    2> some human bandits have "Orc" as group name; the other bandits have "Bandit" as group so you get a double "Bandit" "Bandit" on their heads.
    3> The chest containing the rune had a base editor name (something like Treasure Chest 02).
    4> (this is an issue just for me :P ) Too many carriage returns in some dialogues.
    5> Since you're using just bandits in your encounters you could add a bit more bandit costumes.
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
    edited May 2013
    docbach wrote: »
    :(

Hopefully you can complete it some other time. What did you think about the parts you did complete?

Sorry for the late reply, I'll retry your quest ASAP, anyway I liked it thus far.
  • dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Cool original quest overall :)

There were just a few minor issues:
    1> the weather is stormy, but the sky is clear.
    2> some human bandits have "Orc" as group name; the other bandits have "Bandit" as group so you get a double "Bandit" "Bandit" on their heads.
    3> The chest containing the rune had a base editor name (something like Treasure Chest 02).
    4> (this is an issue just for me :P ) Too many carriage returns in some dialogues.
    5> Since you're using just bandits in your encounters you could add a bit more bandit costumes.

thank you for your review.. That weather really bother me, dont know how to change sky..probably only solution is change map but I am too lazy to do it..if anybody knows any solution, it would be great if you will share it with me, thanks ;)
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
    edited May 2013
    dugada wrote: »
    thank you for your review.. That weather really bother me, dont know how to change sky..probably only solution is change map but I am too lazy to do it..if anybody knows any solution, it would be great if you will share it with me, thanks ;)

Map screen. on the top right click on "Edit Backdrop" :)
  • pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pilator presents professional, long story storyline, with two endings, adventure consists of six maps, with interesting characters, dialogue and plot twists ...
    "Return to Neverwinter"
    (ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Hello all fans of Neverwinter!
    I'm pilator, and this is my first map Foundry. I hope that the story and the gameplay you'll like it. I tried to map was prepared for a really professional. Did I? I'm curious about your comments and feedback :)
    Enjoy!

STORY:
    Your name is Argon, you're a former hero of Neverwinter. Its title earned by the defense of the city, defeated the last of the family golden dragons Aldur who wanted to destroy the city Never. For unknown reasons shortly after the victory, decided to go into the unknown. People, however, always remember your name, and believed that one day you will return. It's been 11 years, and you come back to Neverwinter to see how to hold on to things. It's not good, the city returned to the Victoria - once queen golden dragons. Argon will face an important choice.
    ===
    ===
    WHAT IS IT? - Map offers a rich, role-playing adventure. Map and NPC are customized, maps were created in 3D mode (independently set). MAP HAD GOT 2 ENDS! I can guarantee you that by this adventure will not soon forget :)
    FOR AUTHOR: I apologize for any grammatical errors! Trying to my English was the best I can be :) Enjoy the story!
    MINUTES: 30-1h
    PLAYERS: 1-3max
    ===
    ===
    MAP VERSION:
    1.0 - oryginal

DANGER! - Click on a sentence in my signature "Retrun to Neverwinter" to move to the topic dedicated to my own map and give me your opinion on the map :)
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...
  • dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Map screen. on the top right click on "Edit Backdrop" :)

+1 :D thanks very much
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • ravenousfireravenousfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3> WARNING - Foundry bug -: very often the Rate&Review window will pop with a small delay, so to make sure you'll be able to rate&review the quests, just stand still after opening the reward chest and clicking the Accept button, wait at least a few seconds before moving, cause if you move while the window is popping up, you will automatically close it and miss the chance to review the quest!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but is this an issue that Cryptic is working on? Mainly because I wanted to review Tilt42's two quests and lost out on it because I accidentally moved.

If you have a quest that needs reviewed, I will be glad to start going through some of them. I can't say it will be the fastest affair, but I will try to knock out a few a day and give constructive feedback. I'll mark this thread and try to start giving you guys some ratings.

Also, I plan to start work on a campaign of my own here soon, so I'll update more when Chapter 1 is ready to play.
    edited May 2013
    groshie wrote: »
    Sounds good, this. :)
    I have 3 quests, one more hack/slashy based on an old pnp module. ID: NW-DOPH246O8

Then I have two modules with little or no hack & slash, made them to see if it was possible to make good quests that didn't have the usual mmo-element (Grinding) in them.
    They're now part of the same campaign: Dreamfall.
    ID 1: NW-DJOXCLAMI (More humorous one)
    ID 2: NW-DJL5B5MQG (Don't want to spoil it, but check out the description first!)

Again, if you really love hacking and slashing monsters then the two Dreamfall-quests are not for you.
    Hope you enjoy them! :)

I just played the first chapter in the Dreamfall campaign.
    I've got to say that while in my opinion it needs more tweaking and absolutely screams for better exteriors customization (and some base encounters... but everyone already knows I hate base uncustomized encounters :D ), it felt like something really different.
    Different and original doesn't mean "good", but in your case I think you had a good idea, and I wanted to reward you for it.
    My last tip is that you should make the dream part more interesting, I think the player should play the "daily chores" part thinking "what's going to happen when I come back home!?".
  • drakkakahndrakkakahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just starting out with the Foundry myself. I've published two so far.

Mines of Misfortune (NW-DAWPJUQ8T) is at version 1.0 and I consider it a completed project but will put any constructive criticism toward version 1.1 in the future. Spent a lot of time figuring out what could and could not be done with the Foundry and trying to find workarounds for the shortcomings. Gave up on trying to get wisp trails to make any sense. Guess Cryptic needs to work on that. Anyway, it's a fairly basic dungeon crawl with a bit of guiding dialog and a very simple puzzle to access the finale. Combat is fairly challenging in spots so bring potions or a partner. However, my wife managed it solo and she's of average skill.

Murder at Jade Junction (NW-DN73NK2CR) is a bit more story oriented. It uses several map transitions to go between an outdoor zone and numerous indoor zones (houses, inns and a cave system). The dialog is front loaded where you get introduced to the story and have to do some investigative work. It eventually leads you to a crawl through a cave system with plenty of combat. This is in version 0.2 because I have some cosmetic tweaking and dialog polishing slated to add some flavor and visual interest but it's fully playable and the story is complete.

Any honest and constructive review is appreciated and will help me to make better quests in the future.
    I prefer criticism/advice be sent to me via in-game mail @Phentrus but will try to keep up with this thread if you would rather post it here.
    edited May 2013
    upskirt wrote: »
    I'd enjoy a few more reviews of my little quest. It's chp 1 of a campaign. I'm not entirely sure how many chapters there will but i do have 2 more planned.

Blood Soaked Silver NW-DPZ5JW5IO
    @upskirt
    solo or small group
    around 30 minutes
    recently updated with more encounters and correctly most of the spelling errors. (im a terrible speller)
    i will try out your quest and review it asap, prolly when the servers come back on.

thanks in advance!

p.s. feel free to check out my other quest (not related to above quest) called The tunnel of love, search my handle and you should find it. it's a higher difficulty quest that requires 2+ players. it's just a fun idea i had, it should run you about 40 minutes. thanks again.

You've got the backbone for a great quest here, but as it is now, it's all ruined by the 984756987 (all same looking) enforcer/hexer encounters. Not only those guys are boring as hell at high level (high defence and random chance to heal), but you put them one after the other.
    I want you to understand is that I'm not bashing your quest (it would have been an easy 5 star without this issue), it's a pretty good quest, but you really need to tweak and fix (and customize) those encounters.

Small bugs I noticed:
    Almost at the beginning when you perform the ritual, the interaction is set to long, but there's no animation attached to it.
    When you fight Scotty Pool, his bodyguards spawn out of thin air, you should put them by the door, otherwise it looks like they came out of the fireplace :)
    Just after that, when you come out of the "inn", if you look back, you can see the exit door is misplaced inside the stairs.
    One of the doomguard's name is "Dommguard".
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to get a review from you Dusk.

By @Stebss
    Short Code:NW-DM900IFHK
    Mission Type: Humorous adventure with unique boss fights and hand crafted/fully detailed environments.
    Average Duration: 24 minutes
    Amount of Combat: Heavy.

When you get time of course :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • slaidzslaidz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd appreciate it if someone could play through my quest and give me some feedback. I would, of course, return the favor.

Thread - A Nobleman's Request
    Search code: NW-DIYMYKKVY
    Duration: 15 minutes
    Mission: Start at the Driftwood tavern and get handed a request to go to the South Lake district.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry took so long, but re ran it today. Love the effects and what you added. I couldn't really take my time, got a call from work and had too rush it. Still had fun though :)

Bobcat
    edited May 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Sorry took so long, but re ran it today. Love the effects and what you added. I couldn't really take my time, got a call from work and had too rush it. Still had fun though :)

Bobcat

Thanks for the feedback :)
  • tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heya!
    I sure would be interested in a review trade :)
    Mine:
    Short Code: NW-DLNI2LJDW
    Quest: Tale of a Key-losing Rat
    Its soloable if you choose the first two levels of difficulty, although the second is already a bit a push over for solo play (hence a solo mode :))
    runs about 17-20min

I'll review yours right away and post something here also ^_^

If you could leave the feedback here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?230912-UGC-Tale-of-a-key-losing-Rat it would be nice.

Thanks and i hope you enjoy it!
  • seanc84seanc84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Howdy - adding a request for my quest after begging in the Foundry chat channel. :P

Into the Minds Eye -Chapter 1 - The Ruins of Webcrag
    Code: NW-DEU18DH06

About 30 minutes - story/lore-based dungeon crawl. A couple fights that might be on the tougher side... no stacked encounters, but the last one has a few waves.

Off to play your quest right after posting this! :)

EDIT: Ok, managed to get through it and give it a well-deserved 5-star review! Really well done. Even on easy mode the last fight was very tough, though. The NPCs all died pretty quickly when the second wave popped up, and cleric companions don't do very well against mobs with lots of AOE :(. Managed to finish it without dying though thanks to stealth... yay rogues!
    Into the Mind's Eye
    Chapter 1 - The Ruins of Webcrag --- Chapter 2 - Don't get your hopes up. Bored of the game.
  • tabris82tabris82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok finished it just now.

I took the normal way. Then fought the last boss without any backpack as a 28 CW.

It was AWESOME xD

Very well done. There was some lore, but not too much that wouln't make me want to read it. Did not find any bad errors (english is also not my first language so i might have missed something). Really like the ambient and lighting. Almost wanted to stop in the tunnel just to see what would happend :P

Last fight was alot of fun, mostly because i am spec for AoE (well, the most you could be speced at 28).

I dont have much to say really other than well done. Gave it 5* and max tip. Totally deserve it. ^_^

Well if you want a tiny negative aspect it would be the reward chest being on the stairs, kinda felt out of place.
  • drakkakahndrakkakahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duskdweller78, when talking to Yaga you have a minor typo: The formidable warrior of a few moments ago has tuned into...

I'm guessing you didn't mean to imply she's listening to XM radio. :)

Also, at 35, the final fight is nearly impossible because so many of the enemies have knockdown and/or stun that you don't ever get to fight before you are dead. That was even using the squire mode. Not sure if this is the intended difficulty level. The only way for me to finish it as a TR was to focus on 1 of them until I died and hope that I killed one so that it was one less to deal with when I ran back in... rinse, repeat.
  • mishennikaramishennikara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Short Code: NW-DKDFKOYCZ
    Player: @cymril85
    Quest: Storm Tower
    Players: Meant for solo
    Includes some alignment/RP dialogue choices and skill-based dialogue options
    This is my attempt to translate the Wizards 4.0 adventure of the same name. I have added encounters and objectives to stretch out the adventure a bit and changed things depending on foundry limitations. I am still tweaking the encounters to at least give you some challenge on occasion.
    By all means, if you got some suggestions or tips post them and I will see if it's doable.
    edited May 2013
    tabris82 wrote: »
    Well if you want a tiny negative aspect it would be the reward chest being on the stairs, kinda felt out of place.

Oh my, 5687 patches and that chest is still there... I'll fix it as soon as I can.
    Thanks for the feedback and the tip :)
    edited May 2013
    drakkakahn wrote: »
    duskdweller78, when talking to Yaga you have a minor typo: The formidable warrior of a few moments ago has tuned into...

I'm guessing you didn't mean to imply she's listening to XM radio. :)

Also, at 35, the final fight is nearly impossible because so many of the enemies have knockdown and/or stun that you don't ever get to fight before you are dead. That was even using the squire mode. Not sure if this is the intended difficulty level. The only way for me to finish it as a TR was to focus on 1 of them until I died and hope that I killed one so that it was one less to deal with when I ran back in... rinse, repeat.

I'm sorry it was so hard even in "squire mode", I think there's something wrong with the added guards, I'll have a look at it.
    Thanks for the feedback :)
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed the level vs. difficulty curve on the Foundry missions is not very smooth. It could just be the level range I am in is not scaling well in the missions. I'll run through it with a lower level alt and see if it works out better.
    edited May 2013
    drakkakahn wrote: »
    I've noticed the level vs. difficulty curve on the Foundry missions is not very smooth. It could just be the level range I am in is not scaling well in the missions. I'll run through it with a lower level alt and see if it works out better.

I fixed the issue, it was spawning the wrong guard encounter :)
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will happily review your quest, hopefully you will take a look at mine as well.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae
    Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested using: 29 Wizard, 60 Wizard (average / good gear), 60 cleric (poor gear), 14 GWF
    House Arken'ett has a long history of producing the finest wizards throughout the Underdark. Since the spellplague ravaged the planes, house Arken'etts' power has been vastly diminished.

Sin'Afay Arken'ett has enlisted your help in restoring the once proud house to its former glory.

Treachery and torment will be your companions during this campaign, taking you from the darkest crypt's deep beneath Torils' surface to planes of nightmare and legend.

Part 1: The bones of Xunvrae
    Part 2: Xunvraes' Resurrection (not released yet)
    Part 3: Shadow stalkers (not released yet)
    Part 4: Xunvrae Must Die (not released yet)

Notes

1. For anyone saying "Stuck in the demon's prison" you either need to find the secret door (easy option) or find the password to open the main door (longer option).
    2. Some dialogue options disappear / appear after speaking to people, finding items, completing tasks.
    3. Yasrid: this boss is optional and meant to be VERY hard, it is in no way required to finish the mission (hint your not meant to fight the swarms of mobs).
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    A new Campaign is on the way. Would like reviews on my first chapter;

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    #Story #Solo #Group #Humor. <- For now. :>
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • cuddlesmacheesecuddlesmacheese Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to trade:

Please have a look at "Stake and Eggs" NW-DEH9MMOCA

I would appreciate it.
    "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh U1"

Part 1 - NW-DB9Q7NCWR
    Part 2 - NW-DHKJD78SM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow! Just played your quest and it was great. Loved the dialog, story. Levels were very well designed great flow to the combat and last fight was brutal! I would hate/love to see what happens if you activate hard mode :D

Really enjoyed the Illithid cave with the mystery mushrooms as well.
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
    edited May 2013
    Wow! Just played your quest and it was great. Loved the dialog, story. Levels were very well designed great flow to the combat and last fight was brutal! I would hate/love to see what happens if you activate hard mode :D

Really enjoyed the Illithid cave with the mystery mushrooms as well.

Oh. finally someone found it... did you find what to do with them? :)
    edited May 2013
    Oh. finally someone found it... did you find what to do with them? :)

I found the NPC to exchange the mushroom for a ring. But not what to do with the ring. Had limited time to do the quest. I'm going to redo it tomorrow find what to do with the ring then see what the final fight is like on hard (and probably die many many many times :D)
  • coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any cave can lead to Adventure: NW-DQF4T7QYH It's published and no longer locked, feel free to test the first 2 wings of the first in my Dungeon Delve campaign. Hoping to have the full dungeon finished by Friday. There is no "over arching" story but rather a dungeon you stumble upon that has it's own narrative. Again it is only about half done, with the major boss encounter, and at least 1 full wing of the dungeon still closed off to players.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!