edited May 2013
    Sure, I'll trade reviews with you.

A small dwarvish grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    Author name: @cphonx
    Solo
    about 20 min.
    Story and combat. Some humor.

I'll post my review in game shortly.

Finally managed to complete your quest, I liked it a lot, just a couple of suggestions:
    1> I'll never stop saying this, you need to customize your encounters, otherwise the player will get bored of killing more of the same (customize means: change armors, looks, body proportions).
    2> I felt like there were too many filler encounters (sometimes it looked like playing the Blackrock Depths dungeon of WoW).
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilator wrote: »
    Imagination v1.2
    NW-DHI5CNOR3
    Imagination - what could make a man to dream bride.

Story: mystery, light, funny,
    Combat: normal
    Tips: enjoy
    Play time: 3 minutes
    Author: @pilator
    Tags: #fun #short #al pacino #combat #story #mystery
    Players: solo

Feedback request:
    I welcome you:)
    It is my first map, so I ask for the understanding. I will be trying is to update
    out new concent and not only:)
    I am greeting and enjoy!

===
    ===
    MAP VERSION:
    1.0 - original
    1.1 - mobs is too strong, i fixed it
    1.2 - add music

I tested your quest, and I've got to say it's pretty basic, it screams my first quest "Hello World" in every aspect.
    I think you should add more "meat" before publishing your quests.
    I'm not saying it's bad, but you need to customize the location, the characters, avoid using OOC stuff like "I'm pro" (at least I don't like it), you should also fix a lot of grammar issues (I'm not English and I also make them).
    I'll be happy to replay and re-rate it should you improve it.

I'll keep reviewing more quests this evening.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, pls see sig. Always up for a trade.. Thanks :)
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • optimatesoptimates Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    pilator wrote: »
    My map can you preview? You left me when I mentioned. The map can and is short, but for his first time properly appreciate it :) As for your map - I see great potential.

Sure, I will play it tonight.
    edited May 2013
    markyx16 wrote: »
    I have the Rescuing Answers quest for my Belenus Blade campaign. Shortcode is NW-DC64NKE5B

I liked your quest, good balance for story and combat, good customization. Maybe you should just try to change the illumination a bit or every zone could look the same. Also there was an undead encounter near the end where the undead mage still had the "Eye of Gruumsh" name.
  • jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    @duskdweller78

Played and reviewed your quest. Here's a little more in-depth feedback.

The quest in reasonably well-written. There's some inconsistencies with grammar, but nothing too major. The dialogue, in general, had a good feel to it, creative, and a little amusing in places. When I first got down into the tunnels, the first waypoint is a little confusing. I managed to run right through it without triggering the next part of the quest. I ran around for a good few minutes, before trying to run back through it several times to finally trigger it. The encounters in the bar area were quite tough, especially as they were grouped quite close to each other. My poor companion didn't stand a chance. If I read it correctly, the east path was for solo play, right? >.> The map was well designed though. Nice atmospherics. And I liked the variety. The 'run' encounter was interesting.

Also I noticed a bit of a consistency problem. The NPC you speak to in the Moonstone Mask is a man, is he not? Yet, when you encounter Katriel Pendragon, you speak about a woman.

I really enjoyed the final boss. One of the most challenging I've come across.

Good effort all-in-all. :)

@optimates

Played and reviewed your quest as well. PMed my thoughts to you, instead of bogging down this thread.
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like it says Khelgar of NW2 - "Get me a beer." And I say, "Give me another Foundry, are wonderful!"
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    I'll throw mine on the pile :) See my sig below.

More than happy to return the review/rate favour!
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
    edited May 2013
    endrek3 wrote: »
    A Hero Blooms
    @Endrek03
    NW-DAX7KNVZU

Story quest. Enjoy. :)

One word, brilliant .
    edited May 2013
    jkpark wrote: »
    @duskdweller78
    The quest in reasonably well-written. There's some inconsistencies with grammar, but nothing too major. The dialogue, in general, had a good feel to it, creative, and a little amusing in places. When I first got down into the tunnels, the first waypoint is a little confusing. I managed to run right through it without triggering the next part of the quest. I ran around for a good few minutes, before trying to run back through it several times to finally trigger it. The encounters in the bar area were quite tough, especially as they were grouped quite close to each other. My poor companion didn't stand a chance. If I read it correctly, the east path was for solo play, right? >.> The map was well designed though. Nice atmospherics. And I liked the variety. The 'run' encounter was interesting.

Also I noticed a bit of a consistency problem. The NPC you speak to in the Moonstone Mask is a man, is he not? Yet, when you encounter Katriel Pendragon, you speak about a woman.

I really enjoyed the final boss. One of the most challenging I've come across.

Thanks for the feedback, the first issue has been fixed in the now stuck update (looks like the publish server died 8 hours ago).
    In the new update there's also a switch to enable the easy mode on selected encounters (currently it only works for clerics); I've also tweaked the Cornelius + Bouncer encounter so that they won't "aggro" togheter.
    I'll fix the woman reference in that dialog, earlier the quest giver was female, but someone pointed out that some could overreact to a L questgiver, so I switched to the sailor, but I missed that old reference.
    I'm not English so I'd really like specific feedback on the grammar :)

I'm sad, no one finds the hidden chest :( The blind man doesn't lie!
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    endrek3 wrote: »
    A Hero Blooms
    @Endrek03
    NW-DAX7KNVZU

Story quest. Enjoy. :)

I was really digging your map. I love dialogue and the variety of it.

But I have tried twice now and every time I come to this guy http://i.imgur.com/MRdikZf.jpg we both run into an invisible wall. I cannot converse with him or pass this point and he just walks against it trying to go down the hall.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • endrek3endrek3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    I was really digging your map. I love dialogue and the variety of it.

But I have tried twice now and every time I come to this guy http://i.imgur.com/MRdikZf.jpg we both run into an invisible wall. I cannot converse with him or pass this point and he just walks against it trying to go down the hall.

Unfortunately, I know exactly what is causing this.
    The moment you posted it, I said to myself "He's a Great Weapon Fighter.", and sure enough . . . the screenshot shows it.
    It's a scripted event that only GWF's can break. My advice? Don't use your Sprint ability to run down the hall. Just take it casually like every other class is forced to. :)
    I'm looking into the fine point between creating the invisible wall (in order to allow him to pass) and it being too far that it causes a far larger issue.
    Basically . . . just run down the hall without your Shift Key held down for now.
    . . . Great Weapon Fighters, I swear . . . *shakes head*
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, the first issue has been fixed in the now stuck update (looks like the publish server died 8 hours ago).
    In the new update there's also a switch to enable the easy mode on selected encounters (currently it only works for clerics); I've also tweaked the Cornelius + Bouncer encounter so that they won't "aggro" togheter.
    I'll fix the woman reference in that dialog, earlier the quest giver was female, but someone pointed out that some could overreact to a L questgiver, so I switched to the sailor, but I missed that old reference.
    I'm not English so I'd really like specific feedback on the grammar :)

I'm sad, no one finds the hidden chest :( The blind man doesn't lie!

Hah, oops. Didn't really think of looking for the chest. Sorry. >.> Maybe once the update is live, I'll have another go. ;)

A lot of the grammatical problems aren't consistent, so I'd need to sit through and make notes. I did notice the swapping of '!?' and '?!', and while I realise this is kind of nit-picky, it's the kind of thing that bugs me. :P '!?' is the correct formatting for an exclaimed question. If you let me know when the update is actually live, I can go through it and take notes of the grammar along with the search for the hidden chest. :P
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
  • pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today I started work on a new map - "Return to Neverwinter". Fail scored at the "Imagination", but the "Return to Neverwinter" map will not disappoint you. Good story, multi-threaded dialogues, normal/hard fight, the characters changed (color, etc.). Gee ... a lot of time to do, but not bad really enjoy :) I'm very excited. I hope that you will enjoy the story. Do not want to expose her to betray :) Stay tuned :D
    EDIT1. I'm delete "Imagination".
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...
    edited May 2013
    Hah, oops. Didn't really think of looking for the chest. Sorry. >.> Maybe once the update is live, I'll have another go. ;)

A lot of the grammatical problems aren't consistent, so I'd need to sit through and make notes. I did notice the swapping of '!?' and '?!', and while I realise this is kind of nit-picky, it's the kind of thing that bugs me. :P '!?' is the correct formatting for an exclaimed question. If you let me know when the update is actually live, I can go through it and take notes of the grammar along with the search for the hidden chest. :P

Thanks, I would really appreciate that :)
    edited May 2013
    Ok I'll take a break, I'll be back reviewing later tonight.
  • viktormonsamaviktormonsama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I'm just about to try your mission :)

Mine:
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reviewed and rated in-game.
    But since I cannot write too much in there, I will post the complete review in here.

The map starts off with a trip to an inn where you meet this ex-sailor. The trip to the dungeon's entrance was relatively easy to find (I usually don't look on the map or press Z - just to add more to the exploration factor). The first real fight takes place after a while and it wasn't a difficult fight.
    The thing is that I ran to the end of the right-side corridor, past the bartender until I reached a dead end. From there I returned to Worm and realized that I didn't go through the checkpoint at the beginning. It was rather strange, as the checkpoint is right at the entrance and you can't really miss it. But apparently I did, but only because I didn't look on that round thing called "minimap".

The fights themselves are pretty challenging. I used a level 19 Wizard with a Priest companion and managed to survive all of them.
    The ambush at the tavern was very difficult, but manageable.
    Next difficult encounter was the entrance to the tombs, where a bunch of skeletons appear to the right and to the left and you are caught in the middle. My companion died, as I sift+s all the way back to the campfire, trying to get those monsters off me, trading shots left and right and using around 3-4 potions.
    The final fight was very intense. The friendly fighters die pretty quickly, especially after the big monster shows up and "cleans" the room. Here I used around 5-6 potions and almost got killed. It was a very intense fight. One thing I noticed, after pulling the monsters all the way to the campfire, was that some of the Knights around that campfire did not attack and went into the "frightened" animation. You could either make them disappear after the fight starts, or make them part of the fight.

The text was clear enough, I don't remember seeing any typos. One thing to note here is that (and this is perhaps just my lack of attention), during the end dialogue, the read-headed woman refers to the man who hired you as "she".

The dark corridors and the spooky setting worked, especially since you combined several "themes" like cave and sewer. There are details all over the place and that is good. Perhaps after the sound bug is fixed, you could add some music and scary sound effects to add to the atmosphere.

Another thing I noticed was that I encountered no traps. I chose the standard difficulty.

All in all a well put together map. The story is interesting and I'm really curious to see the continuation of it. The red-headed woman doesn't explain a lot at the end and the mysterious item she carries is still...a mystery...
    The map can be polished here and there to remove some slight "imperfections", but it is playable and winnable.
    Before I finish this review, I suggest that you take another look at the difficulty of the encounters (not so much the difficulty levels, as the placing of the monster spawning points).

This quest has a balance between combat and story/dialogues and with a few more tweaks it can be improved.

I have created my own story a few days ago. It is quite story intensive (even though there still is some combat) and if you have the time and patience you could give it a try (Ignum - Chapter 1 - Path to the Underworld @krtr NW-DA4N8EOZD).

~Cheers
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »
    Reviewed and rated in-game.

~Cheers

Sadly I already fixed all the issues you found, I published it 14 hours ago, and the publish server is still stuck.
    In detail:
    Now it's impossible to miss the quest step at the beginning.
    The's an easy switch at the beginning the will make easier some encounters (it's already present in the current build but only for clerics), eg. the startup ambush, the 2 bosses in the tavern, the 2 thieves guild officers.
    The knights at the last bonfire now disappear after you start the fight.
    The "she" typo is related to the fact that I changed the sex of the quest giver, this is also fixed in the stuck update.
    I also added an easy mode switch for the last boss fight (there's already a hard mode switch for groups).

The only thing that is not a bug is the burrows undead zerg, the quest clearly states at the center of the screen "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN" (the invisible wall you click before entering the tunnels also tells you that you should not fight in there). There's also a way to fight them if the player finds the hidden chest that only bobcat13 found so far :)

It really hurts to get (constructive) cristicism on things I fixed/tweaked almost a day ago :(
    edited May 2013
    Anyway I'm back, ready to review your quests :)
    edited May 2013
    It really hurts to get (constructive) cristicism on things I fixed/tweaked almost a day ago :(

I know the feeling. Updated and tweaked quite a few things in my quest, and still waiting for it to publish. Lesigh.
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    edited May 2013
    First review attempt was a failure, I wasted 1 hour, trying to complete a quest with a memory leak that seems to randomly occur while playing Foundry quests (1 fps at most when you fight, 1000 when you're not fighting), but I couldn't beat the quest boss this way :(
    edited May 2013
    forien69 wrote: »
    I'm starting your quest. If you could, please try my both quests (it's one story, 2/3 of campaign).

Taking down Khelgar Hammerhead (NWS-DKVDSY4ZJ) @forien69
    • NW-DGYDZ7EAL - Khelgar's Treasure Cave
    • NW-DTULANXJC - Khelgar's Hideout

You can review them here or in my thread, as you prefer.

I just tested and reviewed your quest.
    I can't say it's bad, I can see a good potential in you, but you need to focus on refining, tweaking and properly customizing your existing quest before skipping to the new one.
    The first one (the one I tried) is lacking in interiors and for the most part in enemies/encounter customization and diversity.
    edited May 2013
    fugln wrote: »
    Name: Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B.
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story #GROUP

:)

Sorry mate, I tried to solo it, but it's too much of a hassle, if I can't solo it I can't review it. Just a question, were you trying to recreate the Molten Core raid in Neverwinter?
    edited May 2013
    Howdy.

I'll take a nosey at your quest tonight, or at least in a few hours, when I'm home. If you could review my quest in return, that'd be awesome. :)

A Friendly Reminder
    @jkpark
    NW-DAQN7H5GO
    Duration: approx. 15 minutes.

Short, simple, first foundry quest.

I really liked this investigation quest, I just wished it was a bit longer and had more investigation sideways.
    Overall the interior customization and the story elements really shined.
    [EDIT] I just remembered, the crime scene investigation part lacked animation on clue interaction!
    edited May 2013
    I'm just about to try your mission :)

Mine:
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF

I liked your quest, it was fun playing it, but I think you need to better customize the first part, both interior and monsters (there were too many base game looking minion monsters overall).
    The second part was way better, but there were too many unnecessary pulls (for my taste).

I'll call it a night now, it's past 4AM here :confused:
    edited May 2013
    Looks like the publish server is working again, version 1.9b of my quest should be online by the time you read this, there's some quest flow fixes, a few typo corrections and a lot of tweaks (finally everyone will be able to activate the easy mode, many high level characters requested it).
  • markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Two of my quests got updated as well with lots of fixes here and there.
    Chapter 1: Rescuing Answers
    NW-DC64NKE5B

Chapter 2: Following the Horde
    NW-DHVWMBW9D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
  • maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like the publish server is working again, version 1.9b of my quest should be online by the time you read this, there's some quest flow fixes, a few typo corrections and a lot of tweaks (finally everyone will be able to activate the easy mode, many high level characters requested it).

I'm sorry to hear about the update getting stuck on the server. If those issues were already fixed, then I have little to complain about the quest itself. I will give it another try today (and with other occasions since I enjoyed it overall - and I'm also curious to see the continuation of the story).
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"