Install Arc
Options

Reviews/Feedback trading

Comments

• Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sounds good, this. :)
    I have 3 quests, one more hack/slashy based on an old pnp module. ID: NW-DOPH246O8

Then I have two modules with little or no hack & slash, made them to see if it was possible to make good quests that didn't have the usual mmo-element (Grinding) in them.
    They're now part of the same campaign: Dreamfall.
    ID 1: NW-DJOXCLAMI (More humorous one)
    ID 2: NW-DJL5B5MQG (Don't want to spoil it, but check out the description first!)

Again, if you really love hacking and slashing monsters then the two Dreamfall-quests are not for you.
    Hope you enjoy them! :)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Sorry mate, I tried to solo it, but it's too much of a hassle, if I can't solo it I can't review it. Just a question, were you trying to recreate the Molten Core raid in Neverwinter?

Something like that! But it's doable as 3+. I just wanted to make it difficult and not just another easypie Dungeon. -Thank you for trying tho, I guess I just need to run it With some guildies to start with.
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • Options
    upskirtupskirt Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I'd enjoy a few more reviews of my little quest. It's chp 1 of a campaign. I'm not entirely sure how many chapters there will but i do have 2 more planned.

Blood Soaked Silver NW-DPZ5JW5IO
    @upskirt
    solo or small group
    around 30 minutes
    recently updated with more encounters and correctly most of the spelling errors. (im a terrible speller)
    i will try out your quest and review it asap, prolly when the servers come back on.

thanks in advance!

p.s. feel free to check out my other quest (not related to above quest) called The tunnel of love, search my handle and you should find it. it's a higher difficulty quest that requires 2+ players. it's just a fun idea i had, it should run you about 40 minutes. thanks again.
  • Options
    jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I really liked this investigation quest, I just wished it was a bit longer and had more investigation sideways.
    Overall the interior customization and the story elements really shined.
    [EDIT] I just remembered, the crime scene investigation part lacked animation on clue interaction!

Hmmm... there shouldn't be any interaction any more, as I was getting complaints the interaction was taking too long, so I just made it instant instead. I'm not sure what version you played then. If it's the original, or the updated one and that's bugged. :/
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jkpark wrote: »
    Hmmm... there shouldn't be any interaction any more, as I was getting complaints the interaction was taking too long, so I just made it instant instead. I'm not sure what version you played then. If it's the original, or the updated one and that's bugged. :/

It's a pity I liked the interaction (but it needed the animation), it really made sense in an investigation quest :)
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Hey, please test my new quest and write review:
    autor: @dugada
    quest: The camp and bandits
    key: NW-DDJJA7X98

I tested yours and really like it ;) I wrote a review

thank you very much ;)
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • Options
    jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    It's a pity I liked the interaction (but it needed the animation), it really made sense in an investigation quest :)

Yeah, that's what I thought. >.> But it's a matter of trying to please the majority, and I know you can't please everyone all of the time. I'm conflicted.

Thanks for playing and reviewing, though!
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jkpark wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I thought. >.> But it's a matter of trying to please the majority, and I know you can't please everyone all of the time. I'm conflicted.

Thanks for playing and reviewing, though!

As James used to sing, "Sad but true"!
  • Options
    viktormonsamaviktormonsama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I liked your quest, it was fun playing it, but I think you need to better customize the first part, both interior and monsters (there were too many base game looking minion monsters overall).
    The second part was way better, but there were too many unnecessary pulls (for my taste).

I'll call it a night now, it's past 4AM here :confused:

Thanks for the review :) Just a question: What do you mean by "pulls"? ^^' Are some encounters too close together or what?
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beztytuucnv.png

"Return to Neverwinter" - in progress.
    This is just the beginning :)

I heard a rather serious problem. Maps do not want to upload to your server and be able to "Published". Hmmm how I create a map that will wait until a fix.
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...
  • Options
    docbachdocbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    First review attempt was a failure, I wasted 1 hour, trying to complete a quest with a memory leak that seems to randomly occur while playing Foundry quests (1 fps at most when you fight, 1000 when you're not fighting), but I couldn't beat the quest boss this way :(

:(

Hopefully you can complete it some other time. What did you think about the parts you did complete?
  • Options
    mysterionmysterion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi i would like to trade reviews my quest info is in my signature.And i will test yours in return same goes to any one else that wants to test it i will test yours in return and review honestly.
    Why not try my first foundry mission with a good story if you fancy a adventure.
    The Rule of Lord Infernos
    NW-DC9P6Q161
    @blasteron01
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think every person that makes a map should post a screenshot showing all the story points.

It would save me from having to play another get item>put item in slot>open door>talk to man behind door>let me hold your hand to over here> kill the skeletons roller coaster quest.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    daezodaezo Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Anyone for trading reviews? You can PM me your quest info...

"Bringing Truth to Words" NW-DDE386E52
    to view foundry quest click on campaign name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review :) Just a question: What do you mean by "pulls"? ^^' Are some encounters too close together or what?

Sorry just my Italian MMORPG slang. pulls = encounters. There were too many on the second part, it looked like an old school wow-like dungeon; keep in mind that "too many for me" doesn't mean that it's universally wrong :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    I think every person that makes a map should post a screenshot showing all the story points.

It would save me from having to play another get item>put item in slot>open door>talk to man behind door>let me hold your hand to over here> kill the skeletons roller coaster quest.

Hmmm what do you suggest? I wonder what present your map? Crazy chases, trips into space, etc. I understand? Because quests in Neverwinter is based on dialogue, killing, bring forth, etc. All maps like that. But the best are the ones that concert is in an interesting way of playing. As much as I'll play your map to see what it is so interesting presents. Of course, I'll build on your post :)
    "Return to Neverwinter"

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I like Neverwinter!
    "Return to Neverwinter"

• Options
    kyriduskyridus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heya, I'll gladly trade reviews.

I've got 2 to get to atm, so should hit yours tomorrow morning-ish or late tonight (gmt).

The one I'd like you to review is:
    Cullwood Outpost
    NW-DC4BNASDA

Honest critique is more useful than holding back, should anything annoy you or not function, so let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?199741-UGC-Cullwood-Outpost-(Feedback-Request)
    'Cullwood Outpost' NW-DC4BNASDA
  • Options
    kyriduskyridus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double post, woops. Website's angry.
    'Cullwood Outpost' NW-DC4BNASDA
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hello.

Here is my quest to review please. It is still not reviewed so look for it under "to review" content..

Sacred Oath
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    by @Iakky
    you can also see my thread in signature.

I just go to review yours. I guess I will have review on your quest soon.. depends on how much the game will lag now.
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • Options
    viktormonsamaviktormonsama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Sorry just my Italian MMORPG slang. pulls = encounters. There were too many on the second part, it looked like an old school wow-like dungeon; keep in mind that "too many for me" doesn't mean that it's universally wrong :)

Ah, allrighty. I can totally see your point, though. ^^
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pilator wrote: »
    Hmmm what do you suggest? I wonder what present your map? Crazy chases, trips into space, etc. I understand? Because quests in Neverwinter is based on dialogue, killing, bring forth, etc. All maps like that. But the best are the ones that concert is in an interesting way of playing. As much as I'll play your map to see what it is so interesting presents. Of course, I'll build on your post :)

Yes, please show me a map where you go into space or are involved in a chase.

I played some of the featured maps today and was just disheartened.

The one quest had me follow a golden sparkly line to a guy who had me follow a sparkly line to another guy, who had me follow a sparkly line into the sewers where I was to follow a sparkly line to kill 6 skeleton packs and then follow a sparkly line to a guy and then a sparkly line to the chest.

I didn't know what the story was, didn't care and didn't have to think. I just had to follow the sparkly line and click whatever it told me to click.

I want to see more dungeons where I just get plopped in a location and am told to make my own way through, where there are multiple paths/solutions and player made traps. Give me some characters to either like or hate, make their dialogue matter.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kyridus wrote: »
    Heya, I'll gladly trade reviews.

I've got 2 to get to atm, so should hit yours tomorrow morning-ish or late tonight (gmt).

The one I'd like you to review is:
    Cullwood Outpost
    NW-DC4BNASDA

Honest critique is more useful than holding back, should anything annoy you or not function, so let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I'm always offering constructive criticism, bashing someone's quest or 5 star everything just to get a 5 in exchange is pointless.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    Yes, please show me a map where you go into space or are involved in a chase.

I played some of the featured maps today and was just disheartened.

The one quest had me follow a golden sparkly line to a guy who had me follow a sparkly line to another guy, who had me follow a sparkly line into the sewers where I was to follow a sparkly line to kill 6 skeleton packs and then follow a sparkly line to a guy and then a sparkly line to the chest.

I didn't know what the story was, didn't care and didn't have to think. I just had to follow the sparkly line and click whatever it told me to click.

I want to see more dungeons where I just get plopped in a location and am told to make my own way through, where there are multiple paths/solutions and player made traps. Give me some characters to either like or hate, make their dialogue matter.

Yeah well you cant have more solutions... Foundry doesnt allow to have OR option... You can have two ways to the same point but at the end there always will have to be one of those objectives that foundry offers... And yeah you could do quest where is nothing but one objective at the end and the paths to it are different and along the path there is side content.. but you will be the only one playing it..
    Most of players need to follow the sparkling path... Or have there some lines of objectives.. but yeah as was said to you before.. there are often stories and dialogs to those objectives and that is that "something" which makes them different...
    Many people has side little content but Foundry doesnt let us to make an objective web... objectives has to be in linear way.. We cant do anything about it.. And if we put a large amount of story outside of the main objectives then most of players will loose their trace and they will be confused because they dont care about stuff they just want to follor the sparkling path... And anyway if sparkling path is problem for you then just switch it off...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am trying to play your quest but it kicked me out recently.. anyway I got far I think and it is really nice quest... You dig much deeper in to constructions of dialogs.. I should make my self better in it but unfortunately I dont find so much fun in creating it... Anyway I will like to finish your quest so I can review it and see where it goes.. but I cant log now.. It is probably so much full because of weekend...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Servers are currently down for emergency maintenance, should be up again within the next hour.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay so I reviewed your quest in game and on its thread.. Should I put review here too?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    Okay so I reviewed your quest in game and on its thread.. Should I put review here too?

Sure if you have some "too long for the review panel" feedback :)

I'm the meantime I'm back online planning to review at least 3 quests from the list before going to sleep :)
  • Options
    daezodaezo Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    @duskdweller78/@BardicKnowledge grrr!!! review tab closed out while I was typing.... will try again in a bit. I really enjoyed the play-through.
    to view foundry quest click on campaign name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So I played this quest:
    Prologue - The Lady and the Worm
    NW-DPQPJSVTH

It was very well done. So far what I played it was the best... I really appreciate your dialog skills. You are playing with dialogs a lot. Something I dont have nerves for.
    Story telling was nice and dialogs had nice answers. I recommend this quest specially to RP players. It has a lot of detail on both verbal and nonverbal sides of dialogs.
    Environment was fine for sewer, easy to access. Special award to the collapsing tunnel.
    I appreciate your invisible walls of interaction and other little details of interaction you played with.
    The hard and easy mod is interesting feature.. I appreciate you gave your time to it.
    I like the way you played with mobs turn to NPC after defeat.
    Mobs were fine. I used potions in some places with my guardian character. (I was playing solo)
    But even though I died once or twice I could say it was my fault because I made it through after reborn and that means I could made it through on first time if I would try harder.
    Just for me sometimes there was too much of objectives. I mean those "reach the place objectives" So sometimes it made me a bit confused but maybe I was not paying enough attention to minimap or so.
    But I recommend this quest for sure...
    I think you inspired me to be harder on my self in dialog telling...

My quest to review is in my signature.
    It is Sacred Oath
    by @Iakky
    It is not reviewed yet.
    Please post on that thread your review. thank you for your quest.