What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does your DPS compare to others now that people are starting to gear up? Wondering whether I want to play this or a GWF.
  • Options
    elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    where the companion can "cat"?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    where the companion can "cat"?

At the vendor next to Rhix, who gives you the daily quests. It costs 980,000 Astral Diamonds. It's well worth it, though.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Added a funny short clip to my 2nd post.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and how our diamonds caught easier?
  • Options
    icyicy99icyicy99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play from Europe and Threatening Rush in PVP often has serious rubber banding and pulls me back to where I was.
    I watched your video and I didn't see that happening to you, also you could attack directly after Lunging Strike much faster than I can.
    Griffon's Strike also misses all the time because of it, and sometimes it hits them further away but by the time I've walked up to them they're already running away again.

My ping isn't even that high, around 200ms according to in-game. It feels like a lot worse though.
    It also doesn't help that no one actually attacks me, they're all attacking others so I have to chase them down.
  • Options
    aedndorfaedndorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    icyicy99 wrote: »
    I play from Europe and Threatening Rush in PVP often has serious rubber banding and pulls me back to where I was.
    I watched your video and I didn't see that happening to you, also you could attack directly after Lunging Strike much faster than I can.
    Griffon's Strike also misses all the time because of it, and sometimes it hits them further away but by the time I've walked up to them they're already running away again.

My ping isn't even that high, around 200ms according to in-game. It feels like a lot worse though.
    It also doesn't help that no one actually attacks me, they're all attacking others so I have to chase them down.

the issue is not ping, well at least not directly, indirectly ping is the probme, but the issue is that the animation on TR is a big long,and an opponent is exceeding the range limit on it. This means that your animation winds up, but it doesnt finish and you appear to rubber band. Change your rotation to use TR at shorter range and it will solve the problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    icyicy99 wrote: »

My latency isnt much better tbh. Sometimes I get rubber banding with threatening rush.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    rabxxrabxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How are you changing your feats? Id like to know asap becuase im pretty much building this as i level (36 right now)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rabxx wrote: »
    How are you changing your feats? Id like to know asap becuase im pretty much building this as i level (36 right now)

150k Astral Diamonds used from feat page.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    rabxxrabxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    150k Astral Diamonds used from feat page.

no no no haha. I mean that points in the tree are you changing. I went for grit instead of the 3% crit, but thats all I was going to change for the most part. Id like to know how to plan on changing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh I put 1 point into Grit thats my only change.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

what the hell was this? is that fighter's recovery daily?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    what the hell was this? is that fighter's recovery daily?

Si senor, es daily.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as I can tell, yes it is.
  • Options
    jerichaojerichao Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn't you say it's an underwhelming skill in your guide?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jerichao wrote: »
    Didn't you say it's an underwhelming skill in your guide?

It is. I'd rather it be a heal that didn't require damage to be dealt. I use it in dungeons that have large mob packs with no CC or if I have to solo a boss.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    kpxstar9kpxstar9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in my offense slots...power or crit strike?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kpxstar9 wrote: »
    in my offense slots...power or crit strike?

Preference! I use crit. I have a friend with the same spec that uses Power. We do about the same.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @ OP : Demolishing TRs and CWs in 1v1 scenarios in domination with my level 43 Guardian.

My tactician spec allows me to gain 50% bonus damage from targets affected by control powers ( Trample the fallen + Tactician spec), which gives me insane burst damage from crit griffon strikes and lunging strikes.

So far from what i observed these are the powers that affect trample the fallen / crushing pin (not sure if they work together but i assume it does)

-Lunging Strike (not a CC but applies crushing pin debuff)
    -Griffon
    -Frontline surge
    -Knee breaker
    -Bulls Charge

Cant wait till I get Indomitable strength for the 50% bonus damage + Crit , think I can hit some absurd numbers once I get end game gear
  • Options
    khaoticlifekhaoticlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the guide, just got level 60 and now I'm just farming up to get more gear, just wondering what sword do you recommend?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Love the guide, just got level 60 and now I'm just farming up to get more gear, just wondering what sword do you recommend?

The scimitar. It's dirt cheep.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    khaoticlifekhaoticlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The scimitar. It's dirt cheep.

240k AD is cheap? haha, I can jump on it but how long should it last me?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is Ferocious Reaction better than Combat superiority for both PVE / PVP ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    240k AD is cheap? haha, I can jump on it but how long should it last me?

I literally just sold one for 80k

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Is Ferocious Reaction better than Combat superiority for both PVE / PVP ?

You should have both Ferocious Reaction and Combat superiority on at all times.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013

But I need Trample The Fallen since I gain 40% bonus damage with it on CCed targets. I usually run combat superiority + Trample though for both pve / pvp since I get stupid damage modifiers from it.

Also, how do i get those 'pvp' gear people talk about at level 60 ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But I need Trample The Fallen since I gain 40% bonus damage with it on CCed targets. I usually run combat superiority + Trample though for both pve / pvp since I get stupid damage modifiers from it.

Also, how do i get those 'pvp' gear people talk about at level 60 ?

Combat superiority is a permanent 15% damage boost I dunno why you would pass that up. Trample the Fallen just isn't as efficient.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013

Drool.. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to put it on the AH for cheap, cheers!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Drool.. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to put it on the AH for cheap, cheers!

There are several on the AH right now for under 100k. It's called Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar.

Youtube Channel