What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    brunnor1brunnor1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you say "cat" companion, you mean the wolf right?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No I mean the cat companion.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    awooxhdawooxhd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pls take a screenshot when u changed everything : )
  • Options
    aedndorfaedndorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am curious, why 3 points into into the fray? according to the tooltip it only increases run speed. wouldnt 1 point be more effective.

Also, i noticed you picked up anvil of doom, are you using that at all or is it a skill you rarely use, i tested it out and thought it was very good for damage, just not sure if i want to max it out, or go with something else.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aedndorf wrote: »
    I am curious, why 3 points into into the fray? according to the tooltip it only increases run speed. wouldnt 1 point be more effective.

Also, i noticed you picked up anvil of doom, are you using that at all or is it a skill you rarely use, i tested it out and thought it was very good for damage, just not sure if i want to max it out, or go with something else.

It increases buff duration also. I've dropped it now.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Most fights are done with a Rogue solo'ing the boss, while you, the cleric, the wizard, and the weapon fighter are on add control. .

oh look, the tactical captain is soloing the borg cube for us.

why i thought cryptic would have learned something from coh, co and sto....talk about being fooled too many times.
  • Options
    maatisanmaatisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 60 now, like the guide but needs some updates, also as for your full indomitable equipment isn't that set a bit weak? 20% guard when ur a dps warrior seems like a waste for having 4 set items for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maatisan wrote: »
    Level 60 now, like the guide but needs some updates, also as for your full indomitable equipment isn't that set a bit weak? 20% guard when ur a dps warrior seems like a waste for having 4 set items for it.

I've updated it if you check the bottom. I don't wear the PvP set anymore.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy.. I have had some time now to dive in to this class, and I wanted to suggest you another rotation to try out. Now, this is with Terrifying impact up, which is usually up for me almost 70% of the time and in all encounters during domination.

Lunging Strike
    Tide of Iron
    Terrifying impact
    Knee Breaker
    Griffon Wrath
    Griffon Wrath
    Griffon Wrath

Griffon Wrath is actually a fluid sequence. It's 3 different strikes in sequence if chained together and basically lock your opponent up for the finish up. If you have a rogue with you it's basically death. Me and my TR have been clearing our domination maps with this combination.

I enjoy starting with TI a lot and depends on the class mostly. If it's a roller, I usually wont even use ToI, and go straight to my key DPS rotation.

Would enjoy your feedback after trying this out. Thanks!

Edit : Wanted to add that this is a burst rotation and I usually use it more on healers to end them quickly. It obviously isn't a great rotation for PvE since it's more paced.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    plexs7plexs7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What were your starting stats when making your character and if you could do it again what race would you pick with what starting stats?
  • Options
    plexs7plexs7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Human is better in the long run. I wouldn't worry about min/max though.

What were your starting stats when making your character and if you could do it again what race would you pick with what starting stats?
  • Options
    warscreamerwarscreamer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just proves how silly and broken tree:s are, a Guardian gets better dps feats than TR by a large amount, i dont mind that a Guardian can do a dps build dont get me wrong, but when TR have such stupid ****ty talents in every tree that aint well done compared to Guardian then somthing is wrong.

i am also forced to use some at will Powers that i really dislike to do good dps.

For instance dualist fury is the only way to go and executioner if you want good pve, there is no second, now im not talking min max only here, im talking to even be relativily Close to dps if you Went Another tree.

next problem for TR all our spells are so freaking long casting time, and since we aint ranged in pvp(espeically) and pve also in some cases(knockbacks etc) it ruins the dps by a large amount.

I am not talking about oh **** i wanna be Worlds best dps here.

Or that balance need to be 100% between classes, i am talking about glitches or bad design.

i agree TR got 2 abilities that are completly broken thou, and they should be nerfed/fixed(especially for pvp)

Shocking and lashing blade, are just to good.

they need to get nerfed a bit and give other encounters and at-will a buff both in attack time/cycle and dmg on some.

Also to make talenting correct more important, becuse there is to many meh feats into the tree.

Im gonna make a thread in some Days about this cant right now hehe :)

you guys should really look into every class talent/feat tree:s they need a serious overlook.

Good that its open beta things should be fixed then hehe :)
  • Options
    marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Were you talking about Greater Vorpal Enchantment, if there is any. I only saw lesser on the exchange. Thanks you for all your help.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Options
    antivirus93tvantivirus93tv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do u think this spec will work for tier 2 epic dungeon tanking???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do u think this spec will work for tier 2 epic dungeon tanking???

Yes. It works great!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    marokkrell wrote: »
    Were you talking about Greater Vorpal Enchantment, if there is any. I only saw lesser on the exchange. Thanks you for all your help.

You have to combine them!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marokkrell wrote: »

people in preforms pool their resources. you are not likely to have access to the same items as the people who make these guides.
  • Options
    ledravledrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What were your starting stats and race when making your character and if you could do it again what race would you pick with what starting stats?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ledrav wrote: »
    What were your starting stats and race when making your character and if you could do it again what race would you pick with what starting stats?

16 str 18 con I believe.
    If I had to choose again I would switch to a female halfing instead of a male because they look better in end game armor ^^

Youtube Channel

• Options
    raywilsonraywilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you please update your powers screenie as you change it. Thanks for the great guide!
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the Guide. I dumped my GWF after 33 levels and have my GF up to level 30 and having lots of fun in PVP. right now I am a 100% tanky build made for holding points and distracting the enemy, but I look forward to going all DPS and watching heads roll.
  • Options
    ohaixiohaixi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know exactly what Staggering Challenge does? the wording on it is so messed up and makes no sense whatsoever
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    raywilson wrote: »
    Can you please update your powers screenie as you change it. Thanks for the great guide!

It's almost the same. The only things that changed are is I no longer have points in Iron warrior/into the fray/knights valor and instead have them in Knight's Challenge and Bull Rush.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    zeebismszeebisms Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure you've answered what I'm about to ask numerous times, but ain't nobody got time to go looking through 24 pages of posts. (Perhaps include the answer in the first page post? ...Unless I'm completely blind lol)

Anyway, what encounter and active (I think that's what they're called?, the yellow ones?) abilities do you use while running dungeons? I'm just making sure I'm not gimping myself. So far the build has been great by the way. I love it, totally my play style. I was getting a little annoying with the "tanking mechanics" of the game so I figured, hey, might as well do damage if I'm never going to have aggro anyway.
  • Options
    angeladeathangeladeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks so very much for the time, effort, and consideration put into this guide. It's an in-depth, well rounded compendium that will aid many of us GFs. If there's ever anything I can do to help, do not hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    l3uck3t wrote: »
    Hey Envy.. I have had some time now to dive in to this class, and I wanted to suggest you another rotation to try out. Now, this is with Terrifying impact up, which is usually up for me almost 70% of the time and in all encounters during domination.

Lunging Strike
    Tide of Iron
    Terrifying impact
    Knee Breaker
    Griffon Wrath
    Griffon Wrath
    Griffon Wrath

Griffon Wrath is actually a fluid sequence. It's 3 different strikes in sequence if chained together and basically lock your opponent up for the finish up. If you have a rogue with you it's basically death. Me and my TR have been clearing our domination maps with this combination.

I enjoy starting with TI a lot and depends on the class mostly. If it's a roller, I usually wont even use ToI, and go straight to my key DPS rotation.

Would enjoy your feedback after trying this out. Thanks!

Edit : Wanted to add that this is a burst rotation and I usually use it more on healers to end them quickly. It obviously isn't a great rotation for PvE since it's more paced.

Didn't know if you saw this Envy XD
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one thing I don't like about Griffon Wrath, is its range. It is so short, that along with lag and whatnot, it misses more often than not. It works good on other melee types, but not so well against CWs and DCs.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    The one thing I don't like about Griffon Wrath, is its range. It is so short, that along with lag and whatnot, it misses more often than not. It works good on other melee types, but not so well against CWs and DCs.

I've noticed that if I start Griffon's Wrath and they move away, it still hits fairly often, sometimes even a little past the range a Frontline Assault could reach.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHAH demolishing TRs I love it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    HAHAH demolishing TRs I love it.

Glad you're enjoying yourself.

Youtube Channel