test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    exeter111 wrote: »
    Why are you stacking crit on a power build? I've been leveling a gf with a similar build in mind. The class inherent lack of crit severely undervalues severity as a result. You should get far better dps/throughout from pure power or power/recovery setup.

Power is actually a very underwhelming stat. It doesn't contribute to damage as much as you think. For example, if you have a weapon to choose from that has 10 higher damage, but you lose 100 power, the 10 damage is better. I stack crit because crits win PvP and that's what my build is all about. Also, power and crit are inherently on the same gear, so its not like im NOT stacking power. Its just that Im choosing power/crit/recovery gear over power/defense/deflection.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supjeremiah: What stats should I roll for? Str 13 Con 20 Dex 13 Int 8 Wis 10 Char 10? I believe I have +2 from being human and applied it to Con.

And can full tanks be effective in PvP? are offtank/DPS more effective?
  • Options
    exeter111exeter111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I suspect it was done to give viability to pure tank spec the class scales extremely well from offense stats at the moment. Your weapon example though poor does bring up the point of the rather low damage on gf weapons. Thus a 2x power becomes 100 power would be +6 or so in your example 10 would be closer to like 30 on gwf sword. Base weapon of course not being a good comparison for crit vs power comparison. As far pvp the class is currently stupidly op if spec for damage. I mean really you need criticals to beat a CW? You can just block lunge wait for cycle and win easily at the moment and that's the most complained about class at.the moment. Far as gearing yeah it comes with too much defense stats hopefully more choices will be added. I'll wait for the inevitable spreadsheets to finalize the crit power debates that are sure to come. One last thing encounter powers seem or atleast some do to have an inherent crit boost that's undocumented. Crit far too much at the moment for what my base crit would give.
  • Options
    retr0102retr0102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Supjeremiah!

Thanks a lot for this guide, probably the funnest build so far. I was wondering, since I am human i have an extra 3 feat points i can spend on the starting feats. which do you think is worth putting 3 points in, 15% more threat? 15% prone duration or gain 3% of max hitpoints as temp when healed by a player?
  • Options
    atlastmatlastm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey superjeremiah, i was wondering about the three points in combat superiority. Isn't 1 point enough since the extra points only increase the duration, and with Tactical Superiority it is up 100% of the time regardless. Or am i missing something here?
  • Options
    isfuturoisfuturo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi OP,

Can i know how much paragoh point to add in order to reach the last skill "Restless Attack"?

Thank you.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    retr0102 wrote: »
    Hey Supjeremiah!

Thanks a lot for this guide, probably the funnest build so far. I was wondering, since I am human i have an extra 3 feat points i can spend on the starting feats. which do you think is worth putting 3 points in, 15% more threat? 15% prone duration or gain 3% of max hitpoints as temp when healed by a player?

For PvP the prone would be nice for your frontline surge knockdown. The temp HP would be my 2nd suggestion, since you do more damage while you have temp HP.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    atlastm wrote: »
    Hey superjeremiah, i was wondering about the three points in combat superiority. Isn't 1 point enough since the extra points only increase the duration, and with Tactical Superiority it is up 100% of the time regardless. Or am i missing something here?

It's not up 100% of the time. Let's say you're in a 1v1. As soon as you hit the person, you get the buff. Hitting him again does not refresh the buff. It only applies it once per new enemy. However, if you hit 1 person, got the buff.. waited the duration, then hit a new person you would get the buff again.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    ttupalattupala Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat Superiority is now solid 10% more damage, and additional ranks only add more time (five secs per rank). :(
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    got a question,what gems are you using in your gears?i saw that you use mostly+hp.what is the best while lvling and what the best end-game?

p.s:what skill you use for each situation?i saw your rotation etc but when you switch them?like when you lvl what setup you use (aoe one?) when you dungeon,when you pvp?
  • Options
    xydroxydro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy from Nexus Asmos ?:D "Your Mom knows Better" clan says hi

also : really thanks for the detailed guide.
  • Options
    mothrfkarmothrfkar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you show us your gears? :o I'd like to know what runes and what types of gears to look for in a DPS build.
  • Options
    iciaaiciaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude you became my new favorite Guardian guy for pvp spec since i think they rule in pvp
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mothrfkar wrote: »
    Can you show us your gears? :o I'd like to know what runes and what types of gears to look for in a DPS build.

If you watch my video I mouse over my gear. I've upgraded my weapon, belt, and shirt since then. I slot thunderhead armor gems right now, and flaming weapon gems. I plan on switching to more PvP oriented gems as soon as I get the drops.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    rhekedrheked Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bit confused here. In your video I see you running Lunging Strike, Knee Breaker, and Frontline Surge. However in your guide you praise Griffon Strike and say you use it in your PvP rotation. Is this just a recent change that wasn't reflected in the video or what?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    my guardian is currently lvl 31 and my dps start to fall off in dungeon.i was usualy top/second dps and now im more like third or fourth and from what is heard,GWF end-game is getting pretty **** hight dps,even similar to rogue sometime and in pvp they can kill ppl in few shot.

since you said this build outdps GWF i start to doubpt about it.also i just hit the lvl 30 dungeon and its getting harder and harder to tank and keep aggro.pack of monster start to be hudge as ****,elite mobs everywhere,aoe everywhere and my guard getting blow pretty fast.cleave area is also pretty small and most aoe are frontal aoe so it dont hit many monster when they are 360 degree around you or on other player.so far i feel like dps is still pretty low and wondering if its get better later.i love to do lot of dps and i was hearing about this build that do pretty hight dps and even better then GWF and since GWF is crappy as **** until hight lvl, i tought this build was perfect for me but i start to think i should have roll GWF...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rheked wrote: »
    Bit confused here. In your video I see you running Lunging Strike, Knee Breaker, and Frontline Surge. However in your guide you praise Griffon Strike and say you use it in your PvP rotation. Is this just a recent change that wasn't reflected in the video or what?

It's situational. Griffon strike, to me, is better when you're against a team with more melee. When I first hit 60 all I saw were Rogues so it was really effective. However, since then I've used frontline surge because it's really good for locking down those ranged enemies. It's preference, but I heavily favor frontline surge atm.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    my guardian is currently lvl 31 and my dps start to fall off in dungeon.i was usualy top/second dps and now im more like third or fourth and from what is heard,GWF end-game is getting pretty **** hight dps,even similar to rogue sometime and in pvp they can kill ppl in few shot.

since you said this build outdps GWF i start to doubpt about it.also i just hit the lvl 30 dungeon and its getting harder and harder to tank and keep aggro.pack of monster start to be hudge as ****,elite mobs everywhere,aoe everywhere and my guard getting blow pretty fast.cleave area is also pretty small and most aoe are frontal aoe so it dont hit many monster when they are 360 degree around you or on other player.so far i feel like dps is still pretty low and wondering if its get better later.i love to do lot of dps and i was hearing about this build that do pretty hight dps and even better then GWF and since GWF is crappy as **** until hight lvl, i tought this build was perfect for me but i start to think i should have roll GWF...

I haven't been beaten my a GWF while DPSing. If youre main tanking, you're probably spending a bit of time blocking and trying to keep your threat up. This will obviously lower your DPS by quite a bit. See if you can get a spot in the dungeon as a offtank/dps with another GF being the maintank and Im sure you can outdps the GWF. As for cleave inly being frontal, try to get your CW to use their black hole daily!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been beaten my a GWF while DPSing. If youre main tanking, you're probably spending a bit of time blocking and trying to keep your threat up. This will obviously lower your DPS by quite a bit. See if you can get a spot in the dungeon as a offtank/dps with another GF being the maintank and Im sure you can outdps the GWF. As for cleave inly being frontal, try to get your CW to use their black hole daily!

well thing is when you quick queue,you will always end up the main tank....and when you dont have any grp of friend to run premaid(i dont have any guild also),you might have hard time to get a grp where you get 2 GF.ppl will just take 1 GF and get better dpser like rogue/wiz.GF is labeled as a tank so they wont choose you to dps lol.as for offtank,from what i saw GF is horrible to tank trash mobs since AOE taunt have hight CD and mark is garbage again many monster.

p.s:between i would love to see a video of you in pve to see what your actual dmg/dps are.on twitch.tv (streaming) no one play GF....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AoE tanking is easy with the AoE taunt + threatening rush. I might upload a dungeon run here soon but like I said in the video post, my internet is awful for uploading.

Make friends and queue with them.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    cruljincruljin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im catching up to you, love the build, crushing T2 stuff.

screenshot2013050601325.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cruljin wrote: »
    Im catching up to you, love the build, crushing T2 stuff.

screenshot2013050601325.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Been having too much fun pvping to gear up past t1 ^^

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    what skill setup are you using for lvling/dps dungeon/main tank dungeon/pvp?
  • Options
    cruljincruljin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    what skill setup are you using for lvling/dps dungeon/main tank dungeon/pvp?

I am using the same build as Envy, just changing out my encounters when needed for fights.
  • Options
    xheverxhever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Envy, what should i do with my avaible heroic point left? the heroic point is spent till 20 and its totally the same with your, but i have 3 point left to spent for heroic feats, what should i do about it? *those 3 point left cant be used for paragon :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cruljin wrote: »
    I am using the same build as Envy, just changing out my encounters when needed for fights.

i was asking to OP about skill setup like wich encounter when he do pvp/lvling/dps dungeon/tank dungeon etc
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xhever wrote: »
    Envy, what should i do with my avaible heroic point left? the heroic point is spent till 20 and its totally the same with your, but i have 3 point left to spent for heroic feats, what should i do about it? *those 3 point left cant be used for paragon :(

you can go with pin down (prone duration increase) mostly for pvp or the temp hp one (dont remeber is name).i put mine in pin down

p.s:did a little pvp match before bed and manage to finish first :) this build is pretty **** good in pvp.did like 9 kills and.....i was in the losing team....
  • Options
    bundinsbundins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question about Take Measure + Wrathful Warrior. Take Measure has a 50sec cooldown, which means it's not a very reliable source of temp hp. Wrathful Warrior does nothing for us when we don't have temp hp. I'd say that Take Measure alone isn't worth taking Wrathful Warrior for. +15% damage for a short time every 50 seconds (less if you're not critted immediately) doesn't sound too hot in theory. So that suggests that WW is taken because there are other sources of temp hp (Clerics?).

Right now, I'm considering putting 2 points into Grit instead of Shielded Resurgence. 1 point instead of 3 in SR means you gain 2% max hp per 30sec instead of 4%. You gain another source of temp hp though, meaning the 15% damage spike from Wrathful Warrior can kick in more often. Currently, WW only kicks in every 50 seconds because of Take Measure.

Of course Grit doesn't do much when questing on your own, you'll lose a small measure of survivability. However, in groups where you do get heals from player powers more often, it may be superior. More temp hp = more time enjoying the +15% damage.

What's your thoughts about this?
  • Options
    seariouslyseariously Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi, loving this guide, what ability score did you level and is most important for your build?
  • Options
    xirrixirri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bundins wrote: »
    I have a question about Take Measure + Wrathful Warrior. Take Measure has a 50sec cooldown, which means it's not a very reliable source of temp hp. Wrathful Warrior does nothing for us when we don't have temp hp. I'd say that Take Measure alone isn't worth taking Wrathful Warrior for. +15% damage for a short time every 50 seconds (less if you're not critted immediately) doesn't sound too hot in theory. So that suggests that WW is taken because there are other sources of temp hp (Clerics?).

Right now, I'm considering putting 2 points into Grit instead of Shielded Resurgence. 1 point instead of 3 in SR means you gain 2% max hp per 30sec instead of 4%. You gain another source of temp hp though, meaning the 15% damage spike from Wrathful Warrior can kick in more often. Currently, WW only kicks in every 50 seconds because of Take Measure.

Of course Grit doesn't do much when questing on your own, you'll lose a small measure of survivability. However, in groups where you do get heals from player powers more often, it may be superior. More temp hp = more time enjoying the +15% damage.

What's your thoughts about this?

A very good, economical and goddam useful way to gain temp hp is Into The Fray. Get it to rank 3 and with griffon strike/Knights Challenge you have some solid and awesome singletarget dps, also the ability to enjoy temp hp on demand in at max 15 second cooldown. Now, imagine getting the cooldown down to 10 seconds... yeah, I can catch GWF's trying to flee from me in PvP without even my gapclosers. =P