test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reviews/Feedback trading

duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hey fellow Foundry smelters,

I just published the new version of my Prologue quest for my Neverwinter campaign, to promote it and help other Foundry creators to receive more plays/reviews, I'd like to use this thread to trade reviews and feedback with other authors.
Feel free to post a link to your quest's thread or post the name, creator handle and quest ID, I will test it as soon as possible, of course I'm expecting you to do the same for my quest.

Important stuff:
1> I will always provide constructive criticism for your quest, I don't like bashing other people's work, or giving 5 star just to expect a 5 in exchange. Keep in mind that everything I say is my humble opinion and not something I think is "universal truth".

2> If you think some encounters are too hard in my quest, just use the candle by the entrance of the dungeon to activate the "Easy mode" (my suggestion is to use it if you're solo and level 40+)!

3> WARNING - Foundry bug -: very often the Rate&Review window will pop with a small delay, so to make sure you'll be able to rate&review the quests, just stand still after opening the reward chest and clicking the Accept button, wait at least a few seconds before moving, cause if you move while the window is popping up, you will automatically close it and miss the chance to review the quest!

4> Keep in mind that while you just need to review my quest, I need to plan the reviews of all your quests, depending on work and life I can review 2-5 quests per day, so it could take me up to a week to review a quest!

5> While I respect everyone's freedom to create whatever they want, please keep in mind that I won't test "xp farming" and "mindless mob grinding" quests!

Here's my quest!
Campaign:Different Seasons
Author: @BardicKnowledge
Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group

Review Progress (31/57):
* Avaedan - NW-DI68FUJKQ - Reviewed
* Cphonx - A small dwarvish grudge - NW-DUI8A8I7R - Reviewed
Markyx16 - Ch.1: Rescuing Answers - NW-DC64NKE5B - Reviewed
Markyx16 - Ch.2: Following the Horde - NW-DHVWMBW9D - Reviewed
DocBach - Unholy Matrimony - NW-DPYM52476 - Reviewed
* Optimates - Shadows Over Emberlight - NW-DCUE3BHS5 - Reviewed
Forien69 - Khelgar's Treasure Cave - NW-DGYDZ7EAL - Reviewed
Forien69 - Khelgar's Hideout - NW-DTULANXJC
Fugln - Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf - NW-DC42XFJ5B - Unable to review, group needed
Fugln - The Shadows of the Sword Coast - NWS-DA213JHNY
Pilator - Imagination - NW-DHI5CNOR3 - Reviewed
Pilator - Return to Neverwinter - NW-DPZS2MN86
* jkpark - A Firendly Reminder - NW-DAQN7H5GO - Reviewed
adhrean - A Tale of Mercenaries Part 1: Tomb Raided - NW-DMDKN4OSV - Reviewed
adhrean - A Tale of Mercenaries Part 2: A Mercenary's Initiation - NW-DDILOBE9K
hardrokka - Cloak Tower Redux - NW-DOYD3JBQR
* Enderk03 - A Hero Blooms - NW-DAX7KNVZU - Reviewed - Brilliant
heroicdose - On The Outside - Reviewed
Dzogen - Bill's Tavern - NW-DT773OSVJ - Reviewed
Dzogen - The 27th Level - NW-DM85LNJ8J - Reviewed
c0mixfan - The Morning After - NW-D13LX4M93 - Reviewed
* Viktormonsama - The Stolen Amulet - NW-DPTEETULF - Reviewed
* krtr - Ignum Ch.1 Path to the Underworld - NW-DA4N8EOZD - Reviewed
* groshie - - NW-DOPH246O8
* groshie - - NW-DJOXCLAMI - Reviewed
* groshie - - NW-DJL5B5MQG
* upskirt - Blood Soaked Silver - NW-DPZ5JW5IO - Reviewed
blasteron01 - The Rule of Lord Infernos - NW-DC9P6Q161
* daezo - Bringing Truth to Words - NW-DDE386E52 - Reviewed
* kridus - Cullwood Outpost - NW-DC4BNASDA - Reviewed
* Iakky - Sacred Oath - NW-DBYLAUS93 - Reviewed
brandric - - NW-DUD9EYBZ - Unable to review, mindless mob grinding quest
xivilyn - Tomb of Talanos - NW-DGZ62JVB3
* dugada - The Camp and bandits - NW-DDJJA7X98 - Reviewed
Nyghoma - Gloomlight -
* drakkakhan - Mines of Misfortune - NW-DAWPJUQ8T
* drakkakhan - Murder at Jade Junction - NW-DN73NK2CR
* Stebss - The Spellthief Trials - NW-DM900IFHK - Reviewed
* slaidz - A Nobleman's Request - NW-DIYMYKKVY - Reviewed
* tabris82 - Tale of a Key-losing Rat - NW-DLNI2LJDW - Reviewed
* seanc84 - Into the Minds Eye -Chapter 1 - The Ruins of Webcrag - NW-DEU18DH06 - Reviewed
cymril85 - Storm Tower - NW-DKDFKOYCZ
* Elimgarak83 - Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
Cuddlesmacheese - Stake and Eggs - NW-DEH9MMOCA
* Voltrono - Any cave can lead to Adventure! - NW-DQF4T7QYH - Reviewed
ganker3 - Cult of the Dragons - NW-DSTLFFQ5K
* warshade - Deathly Cryptic Adventure - NW-DHH9UBWIK - Reviewed
lemonkingi - Sinister Manor - An Invitation NW-DLZZGA446
rixenatorz - Damsel's Inn Distress -NW-DB8OXX3R5
nemrionir2k - Impetus for Castle Urtak - NW-DE8HMOMYW
* thesecondseven - The Legend of Adlez - NW-DDZ6NDJ9W
fistandalius - Dark Caverns -
zelrant - The Epic: Secrets of Shiganshina - NW-DFJR2DOH6
ashleydusenbery - Driven to the Brink - NW-DRYVJ3YMK
ashleydusenbery - Axes for Everyone - NW-DBA78LMOK
* bardurnon - Prey on the Predators - NW-DL5CBR73D - Reviewed
* voivodak - The Fear that Freezes - NW-DNUZSYEEY
nokturnel - - NW-DSVCX8LD4
* dyderothjunge - Unforeseen Wrath, Part 1 - NW-DS4Q996CR

The * is just for me, to remember and give priority to authors who already reviewed my quest.
Post edited by duskdweller78 on

Comments

• avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I'd love for you to trade reviews with me. Leave feedback if you can (on my thread). http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?215002-I-would-like-feedback-please

Quest Code:
    NW-DI68FUJKQ

Thanks again!
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [EDIT] Fixed.
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, I'll trade reviews with you.

A small dwarvish grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    Author name: @cphonx
    Solo
    about 20 min.
    Story and combat. Some humor.

I'll post my review in game shortly.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I'm starting with Avaedan's quest in 5 mins.
  • markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I have the Rescuing Answers quest for my Belenus Blade campaign. Shortcode is NW-DC64NKE5B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just finished your mission and I have more to say than the in game review will allow.

1) **** good job. I'm impressed. You did things with the Foundry I didn't know possible. I'm going to have to steal the hard mode idea.
    2) However, the difficulty curve is all over the place. Even though I skipped the hard mode stuff since I played it solo, the encounters were surprisingly tough at lv 38. I don't think my cleric could have completed the mission. Luckily I was playing my main.
    3) I was confused during the "run" mission whether to go forwards or backwards. I figured it out in the end though.

Other than that, a great mission. I look forward to more in the series.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • docbachdocbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Unholy Matrimony
    @DocBach
    NW-DPYM52476

~40 minutes, story heavy. Intended for a solo player as some difficulty can arise from other players picking up side-quest sensitive items in regards to completing the side quest. Adequate potions and/or a healing companion recommended as the quest is long and combat can be difficult at times.
    edited May 2013
    I played a cleric, level 24, through your quest. I have to say it was very well done and professional. The problem, as someone else stated, was that the monsters were still quite a bit difficult for my cleric (It had more to do with total amount of mobs + ranged attacks more than anything else), but I still completed it (minus a handful of potions).

That said, it was a great story. Great characters. Very flowingly choreographed fights. Some of the conversations lost me, but it wasn't that had to pick up on where they were headed.

Thats about all the input I have. I gave it 5 stars. =)
    edited May 2013
    Just finished and reviewed Avaedan's quest, NEXT!
    edited May 2013
    avaedan wrote: »
    I played a cleric, level 24, through your quest. I have to say it was very well done and professional. The problem, as someone else stated, was that the monsters were still quite a bit difficult for my cleric (It had more to do with total amount of mobs + ranged attacks more than anything else), but I still completed it (minus a handful of potions).

That said, it was a great story. Great characters. Very flowingly choreographed fights. Some of the conversations lost me, but it wasn't that had to pick up on where they were headed.

Thats about all the input I have. I gave it 5 stars. =)

Looks like you didn't see the cleric's easy mode switch at the beginning of the dungeon :)
  • optimatesoptimates Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Hey there. I'd appreciate it if you'd play and rate my quest, Shadows Over Emberlight - code is NW-DCUE3BHS5. Going to play yours right now.

If anyone else out there is looking, I'd appreciate reviews! If you play mine, let me know and I'll be glad to play and rate yours as well.
    edited May 2013
    I just finished your mission and I have more to say than the in game review will allow.

1) **** good job. I'm impressed. You did things with the Foundry I didn't know possible. I'm going to have to steal the hard mode idea.
    2) However, the difficulty curve is all over the place. Even though I skipped the hard mode stuff since I played it solo, the encounters were surprisingly tough at lv 38. I don't think my cleric could have completed the mission. Luckily I was playing my main.
    3) I was confused during the "run" mission whether to go forwards or backwards. I figured it out in the end though.

Other than that, a great mission. I look forward to more in the series.

2> I think I will enable the easy mode switch at the beginning for every class.
    3> I'll try to find a way to make it more obvious :)

No one's finding any of the hidden secrets in my map, you need to look more carefully, and trust blind old men :)
    edited May 2013
    Looks like you didn't see the cleric's easy mode switch at the beginning of the dungeon :)

Haha. Actually I did. I just wanted a challenge. Thats why it didn't bother me much about the difficulty.

Have you tried my quest yet?
    edited May 2013
    Sure, I'll trade reviews with you.

A small dwarvish grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    Author name: @cphonx
    Solo
    about 20 min.
    Story and combat. Some humor.

I'll post my review in game shortly.

Sorry mate, I was unable to complete your quest (bugged out while coming back to the PE from the Metalworks, it kept saying "return to the protector's enclave"), I'll try again tomorrow.
  • optimatesoptimates Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Just got done and wanted to say that the dungeon was very well designed. NPC's were good, and I loved the design of your encounters. Very well done, gave it five stars!

One thing you might want to consider - I kinda broke it at one point. I missed the tunnel to get to the NPC (Argh, forgot her name now, Yaha... something with a Y :p) and I ended up going into the burial tunnels and triggering the event partially. You might want to wall that area off so players can't get in there before they talk to the NPC so they don't ruin the suspense of the flight sequence.
    edited May 2013
    optimates wrote: »
    One thing you might want to consider - I kinda broke it at one point. I missed the tunnel to get to the NPC (Argh, forgot her name now, Yaha... something with a Y :p) and I ended up going into the burial tunnels and triggering the event partially. You might want to wall that area off so players can't get in there before they talk to the NPC so they don't ruin the suspense of the flight sequence.

That's strange how did you manage to get there? There should be 2 locked gates blocking your way until you do the right quest step...
    edited May 2013
    Ok mates, I'll call it a night, it's almost 4AM here :) I'll continue tomorrow, I've updated the first post with the sorted list of quest to review.
    edited May 2013
    That's strange how did you manage to get there? There should be 2 locked gates blocking your way until you do the right quest step...

Ok, let me see if I can remember this right. I went up a ladder at one point, and there's the old blind guy searching in the water next to the massive cave-in with the water. He says he's looking for something. Once you talk to him, the objective switches to Find more clues to the red-headed woman's location.

I missed the ladder that leads to this NPC and was able to keep proceeding right into the burial tunnels. At the point before the chase triggers, there's an invisible wall with the warning that comes up to tell you to run and then it let me through just fine without talking to the right NPC. There weren't any gates barring the way. I was able to get to the room where you first meet the red headed lady and it was just empty (cause I was still on the Find more clues objective). Hope that helps!
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm starting your quest. If you could, please try my both quests (it's one story, 2/3 of campaign).

Taking down Khelgar Hammerhead (NWS-DKVDSY4ZJ) @forien69
    • NW-DGYDZ7EAL - Khelgar's Treasure Cave
    • NW-DTULANXJC - Khelgar's Hideout

You can review them here or in my thread, as you prefer.
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Name: Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B.
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story #GROUP

:)
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
    edited May 2013
    Ok, let me see if I can remember this right. I went up a ladder at one point, and there's the old blind guy searching in the water next to the massive cave-in with the water. He says he's looking for something. Once you talk to him, the objective switches to Find more clues to the red-headed woman's location.

I missed the ladder that leads to this NPC and was able to keep proceeding right into the burial tunnels. At the point before the chase triggers, there's an invisible wall with the warning that comes up to tell you to run and then it let me through just fine without talking to the right NPC. There weren't any gates barring the way. I was able to get to the room where you first meet the red headed lady and it was just empty (cause I was still on the Find more clues objective). Hope that helps!

Hmmm you got that quest step when you defeated Yaga and Baba, but you didn't notice you had to talk to her, you're not the first to miss it, so I decided to make it a mandatory step, thanks for the feedback :)
  • pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are doing a really good maps. Bravo!
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...
  • jkparkjkpark Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Howdy.

I'll take a nosey at your quest tonight, or at least in a few hours, when I'm home. If you could review my quest in return, that'd be awesome. :)

A Friendly Reminder
    @jkpark
    NW-DAQN7H5GO
    Duration: approx. 15 minutes.

Short, simple, first foundry quest.
    JKPark's Foundry Quests
    A Friendly Reminder (NW-DAQN7H5GO) - Short, solo, story-driven quest.
  • adhreanadhrean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, I would appreciate it if I could get feedback and reviews for my very first published quests, and I'll return the favor =)

A Tale of Mercenaries Part 1: Tomb Raided
    @adhrean
    NW-DMDKN4OSV
    Tags: #story #combat
    Duration: 10-15mins, solo

A Tale of Mercenaries Part 2: A Mercenary's Initiation
    @adhrean
    NW-DDILOBE9K
    Tags: #story #combat #riddles
    Duration: 15-20mins solo

Cheers!
    7hkpesap3zswchmskoh.jpg
    Part 1(NW-DMDKN4OSV) Part 2(NW-DDILOBE9K)
  • hardrokkahardrokka Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Cloak Tower Redux
    @hardrokka
    NW-DOYD3JBQR
    Duration 25 - 30 mins

This is my first complete dungeon. It is a modified version of The Cloak Tower.

More encounters, hidden traps and item puzzles added to spice things up!
    I'm needing reviews and ratings on my map. I will return the favour to those who try out my map. :)

aWYjVWK.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Ok I'm using my lunch break to test more quests (the fast ones, I've just got 1 hour) :)
    edited May 2013
    Hey there. I'd appreciate it if you'd play and rate my quest, Shadows Over Emberlight - code is NW-DCUE3BHS5. Going to play yours right now.

If anyone else out there is looking, I'd appreciate reviews! If you play mine, let me know and I'll be glad to play and rate yours as well.

I really enjoyed your quest :)

Just a couple of suggestions: one of the quest steps tells you to "help the FIST paesant"
    I didn't like the dark tunnel teleport to go back to Emberlight (and I'm sure you feel the same about it); what you could do is make the merchant talk about his horse running into the woods, then the quest asks the player to retrieve it to quickly get back to Emberlight (and help carry the merchandise), and then place a horse in the woods with the small magic teleporter in it (there's one small enough).
    Last but not least, you should customize the monsters, otherwise you risk the player getting bored of more of the same monster: change armor pieces, body proportions, etc etc..
    edited May 2013
    I really enjoyed your quest :)

Just a couple of suggestions: one of the quest steps tells you to "help the FIST paesant"
    I didn't like the dark tunnel teleport to go back to Emberlight (and I'm sure you feel the same about it); what you could do is make the merchant talk about his horse running into the woods, then the quest asks the player to retrieve it to quickly get back to Emberlight (and help carry the merchandise), and then place a horse in the woods with the small magic teleporter in it (there's one small enough).
    Last but not least, you should customize the monsters, otherwise you risk the player getting bored of more of the same monster: change armor pieces, body proportions, etc etc..

Thank you so much for playing and providing that feedback! Definitely some things I have to implement there and that's one big thing I thought shined in your quest, which was the NPc design.

Jkpark, adhrean and hardrokka, I'm going to play your missions and rate them tonight when I get home from work. If you could do the same for mine, I'd appreciate it!
  • heroicdoseheroicdose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys I love the feedback trading mine is a small story driven quest with a good amount of combat, a bit of a challenge solo so maybe recommended for 2 players optimal. I would appreciate the feedback so I can improve on it

On the Outside
    @heroicdose
  • pilatorpilator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Topic is growing all the time, and some of the work overthrow. Congratulations ideas and imagination!
    "Return to Neverwinter"

(ID: NW-DPZS2MN86)

Role novel about a former hero of Neverwinter, who returns ...