test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down!

Comments

• Options
    satanicatsatanicat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    e5cafl0wne wrote: »
    bedroompunisher posted, "WoW never has this problem and it was the FIRST mmo. I guess time doesn't always improve things. "

well i think EQ was one of the first MMORPGS and it had its problems as well. so far my experience with NWO has been great even tho i have only played about an hour. Keep up the good work devs, eventually you will have a great AD&D 4.0 online game !

Everquest was approximately two years after the launch of Ultima Online. And I imagine Ultima Online wasn't even the first MMO.
  • Options
    jpwizard23jpwizard23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know everyone is upset and has legitimate reasons to be upset but, I had to sit back and think for a minute....

Two kinda known companies finally get their hands on a big shot title from our favorite Wizards of the Coast. Now assuming all of you are die hard DnD fans like myself, I had to say "Why, when it all comes down, did I put money into a new game on the first day of open access?"

Only one thing came to mind, DnD. A whole lot of you love DnD so much you put out some serious cash before seeing anything but screenshots and a few videos. Why?

The way I see it, these guys got ahold of a big fish and didnt realize what the DnD name was going to do to their servers. They got hit hard and caught with their pants down. No biggie, could have been anyone.

What counts is that they are hard at work for us, their fans. The payers and the free to players alike. These guys/gals have put years of their life. Time, heart, soul and energy alike, they worked hard to bring us the awesome things like The Foundry.

These guys deserve a little more time and more than a few days to show us they can do it. Lets give them a break and a big Thanks for giving us their all!
  • Options
    jackdragon9jackdragon9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What?? You have to pay for extra bags?????
    No. But you have to pay if you want the best bags or if you want them earlier.
  • Options
    jpwizard23jpwizard23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post sorry
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Websites that allow you to communicate with people on a larger scale than ever before in human history are the enemy of an educated society. Yes ok I understand exactly where you're coming from, please carry on with your delusions.

Edited to add: If one more person uses the "money is in play so it's no longer open beta" argument, I swear I'm going to lose it. Until you know exactly how open betas really work, and how they've worked since their inception, you need to calmly exit the arena through the marked door.

I'll respond to your edit as well: open betas don't work like they used to at their inception any more in the vast majority of cases. But having your head so deep up the social media ****holes prevents you from seeing that as well, I suppose. Not sure if I can blame you for that, then.

Open beta + open cash grab shop + no more wipes of any kind = de facto launch, no matter what they call it for marketing reasons.
  • Options
    bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    If we could only have this passion for the "REAL" crime taking place outside your windows ie. Governments. Take this downtime to learn about doctors and how they destroy health or the schooling system and how they destroy knowledge or religion and how it destroys spirituality. Take the time and learn about your corrupt governments. Do you know what bills and laws they are trying to pass? It's your future and the future of your kids, isn't that important? Why are they spraying toxins in the sky on a daily basis? Instead we rant like children because a game made to take your money is broken at the moment. Do me a favor at the very least. Google the word Value and try then the word Morals while the servers are down and try to really understand what they mean.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Websites that allow you to communicate with people on a larger scale than ever before in human history are the enemy of an educated society. Yes ok I understand exactly where you're coming from, please carry on with your delusions.

I know the quote you where commenting on was a little strong, but have you looked at some of the "communication" that "social websites" have on them. It may not be an enemy but it is clearly not a representation of education. lol
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    satanicat wrote: »
    Everquest was approximately two years after the launch of Ultima Online. And I imagine Ultima Online wasn't even the first MMO.

Technically, Meridian 59 was, but that one was beyond archaic.
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • Options
    yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    e5cafl0wne wrote: »
    bedroompunisher posted, "WoW never has this problem and it was the FIRST mmo. I guess time doesn't always improve things. "

well i think EQ was one of the first MMORPGS and it had its problems as well. so far my experience with NWO has been great even tho i have only played about an hour. Keep up the good work devs, eventually you will have a great AD&D 4.0 online game !
    wow shows how young alot of p;pl are LOl considering I was a beta tester for UO thats Ultima online for the young ppl LOL and it came long before EQ or Wow LOL
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jpwizard23 wrote: »
    I know everyone is upset and has legitimate reasons to be upset but, I had to sit back and think for a minute....

Two kinda known companies finally get their hands on a big shot title from our favorite Wizards of the Coast. Now assuming all of you are die hard DnD fans like myself, I had to say "Why, when it all comes down, did I put money into a new game on the first day of open access?"

Only one thing came to mind, DnD. A whole lot of you love DnD so much you put out some serious cash before seeing anything but screenshots and a few videos. Why?

The way I see it, these guys got ahold of a big fish and didnt realize what the DnD name was going to do to their servers. They got hit hard and caught with their pants down. No biggie, could have been anyone.

What counts is that they are hard at work for us, their fans. The payers and the free to players alike. These guys/gals have put years of their life. Time, heart, soul and energy alike, they worked hard to bring us the awesome things like The Foundry.

These guys deserve a little more time and more than a few days to show us they can do it. Lets give them a break and a big Thanks for giving us their all!

I agree. I don't think they were really prepared for these numbers. It's been a somewhat smooth launch so far, lets give Cryptic praise in areas they do well at.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    iaorekiaorek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They posted this scheduled maintenance awhile ago, the servers haven't crashed. They are down for tune ups.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

EQ wasn't the first one either though, but "WoW was the first MMO" is an old and tired trolling method.
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    If we could only have this passion for the "REAL" crime taking place outside your windows ie. Governments. Take this downtime to learn about doctors and how they destroy health or the schooling system and how they destroy knowledge or religion and how it destroys spirituality. Take the time and learn about your corrupt governments. Do you know what bills and laws they are trying to pass? It's your future and the future of your kids, isn't that important? Why are they spraying toxins in the sky on a daily basis? Instead we rant like children because a game made to take your money is broken at the moment. Do me a favor at the very least. Google the word Value and try then the word Morals while the servers are down and try to really understand what they mean.

TL;DR: Self righteousness garners a new leader on the forums.
  • Options
    dynatech1dynatech1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Lmao. +1 internets, gramps.
  • Options
    iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bighalsy wrote: »
    I refuse to use Twitter and so should everyone else. Social websites are the enemy of an educated society. Agreed, all updates should be done on their site and easy to find.

Yeah well twitter and facebook and others are very cheap and very wide media. It is only logic to use it. But yes there should be also updates on site. But normally I dotn have problems to find any updates on site down. Just this time I see no thread from Cryptic about the site down and progress... But social networks are only logic way for developers, business everything today.
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • Options
    aovgeneralaovgeneral Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jpwizard23 wrote: »

**BUMP** Agreed.
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Just because it allows communication on a larger scale than ever before doesn't mean it is being used intelligently or productively.

But apparently you are absorbed into those ****holes you can't see straight any more.

Please carry on with your delusions.

I'm so sorry your interactions with people on said websites are so dull and filled with stupidity that you've decided to paint the entirety of the userbase with the same brush. And for the record, while it might not meet your standards of "intelligent" or "productive" use, it doesn't mean it's not either.
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    iaorek wrote: »
    They posted this scheduled maintenance awhile ago, the servers haven't crashed. They are down for tune ups.

As far as I know, the only scheduled maintenance for today was for this morning PDT. Check your time zone!
  • Options
    llamallama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iaorek wrote: »

Maintenance was 7-8AM PST this morning. This is different.
  • Options
    caglenncaglenn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the servers are down for maintenance? It's not just me? I knew they were going to be down this morning, but I thought they were supposed to done by now and there is no message in the launcher (but then, there are no messages at all in my launcher)
  • Options
    mcarpermcarper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You gonna be able to fit all that on your sandwich board Bob? I'd suggest just going with "Repent the end is nigh!" much simpler
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Whats up with having zero communication about the servers being down?
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not really down for maintenance. More down for unexplained explody things.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    llama wrote: »
    Maintenance was 7-8AM PST this morning. This is different.

Time zones are complicated :P
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    idunaz wrote: »
    Whats up with having zero communication about the servers being down?

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 42m
    Hey Everyone - We are making progress re: bringing the servers online, though at this time we do not yet have an ETA. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    kipp6912kipp6912 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dunno :P
  • Options
    ronanouronanou Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    Yeah well twitter and facebook and others are very cheap and very wide media. It is only logic to use it. But yes there should be also updates on site. But normally I dotn have problems to find any updates on site down. Just this time I see no thread from Cryptic about the site down and progress... But social networks are only logic way for developers, business everything today.

I agree that it's an awesome way to spread your messagefar and wide, but it's far from 'free'. There's no monetary cost to you as a user, but your information and privacy is always on the line.
  • Options
    chronosekchronosek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah you all wonder why serwer died...
    It was end of world! The end of newerwinter world was cause i died, when i die everything die with me .....

So few words of explanation....
    I've been doing one of quests, I had to talk to the dwarf what was looking into blue light on the ruined tower and did not know what to do later. So I accidentally fell into the light and landed in a tavern in the fire, it took away some my life points so fast jumped from fire to not burn to death, but I could walk only around and couldnt get away, was like invisible wall. So I decided to commit suicide by jumping in fire ... and world ended with me ... but it is bug - if you look screenshot world ended when i had some hp bar

screenjdk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.