test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server down!

Comments

• aovgeneralaovgeneral Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is the best, and you will have to do the pee dance and hold it. But when you finally log on and get to create your own dungeon you will feel so much better. Nothing else offers this, and you all know you only complain cause your already having withdrawls. Just sit in the cornor and rock while holding your knees, or keep complaining on this forum. We are all right there with you trying to get our Neverwinter fix.
  • redhotrainbowredhotrainbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would as well although they can make more moneys off us with f2p model its sad but true ... I really wish people would grow up and stop making f2p games give me my sub or box buy .... who knows. F2p dose bring some very nasty types of people to games lol I wanz it all for free Oh I broke it this game sucks I wanted more for free give me!!!
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So even the GREEN circle, which was the ONLY indication we have regarding the servers, is messed up? I have green light, and servers not available.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    gronf wrote: »
    Whats wrong with using Twitter for fast updates?
    Ye, ye, back in the days we wrote Letters... now they all use these strange E-Mails...
    Welcome in 2013 oldtimer!

Nothing would be wrong if they updated on the site they pay to use in addition to using social media.

But I guess thinking beyond your attempt at being witty was just too much work.
  • daristodaristo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They didn't "cleverly blur" anything. The product is clearly marked as a beta. The game is certainly not feature complete, and they haven't claimed that it is. If you pay even slightest bit of attention you can see the large content holes where more classes and customization should be.

Sure, some people have invested money in the game. But they invested that money into a product clearly labeled as incomplete. If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at yourself for spending the cash on an incomplete product instead of something else. Or better yet, accept that you spent the money because you wanted to and move on with life.

Oh, and get used to the business model, because *everyone* is doing it.
  • ysaidysaid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bighalsy wrote: »
    I refuse to use Twitter and so should everyone else. Social websites are the enemy of an educated society. Agreed, all updates should be done on their site and easy to find.

This this this, I agree 100%
  • picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What?? You have to pay for extra bags?????
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Social websites are the enemy of an educated society.

Websites that allow you to communicate with people on a larger scale than ever before in human history are the enemy of an educated society. Yes ok I understand exactly where you're coming from, please carry on with your delusions.
  • chrystaleigh88chrystaleigh88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gronf wrote: »
    Whats wrong with using Twitter for fast updates?
    Ye, ye, back in the days we wrote Letters... now they all use these strange E-Mails...
    Welcome in 2013 oldtimer!

Ye ye back in the days we didn't hide behind this social media <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. actually we didn't ever need it then nor now
  • tsumorotsumoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game is for all purposes 'Gold'. Companies like to use the safety net that being 'Open Beta' provides them. The game will never move into a 'Live' build because it is argued that MMO's are always in a state of beta because the after work is always there. Live means a stand alone product where the game is released and nothing further is done or added to it apart from DLC that might come out later.

Open Beta is not an excuse for server down time, but I do understand it happens. I love this game, really enjoying myself in this world and I will continue to support it.

But game companies and fans using the open beta excuse should be ashamed of themselves for treating the community so poorly by not being candid and honest. As soon as you allow real money to be exchanged with your product, it stops being 'testing' and 'beta' and becomes a business model. You don't go to the store and buy a prototype sandwich, or a WIP Coffee for example.
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Social websites are the enemy of an educated society.

Websites that allow you to communicate with people on a larger scale than ever before in human history are the enemy of an educated society. Yes ok I understand exactly where you're coming from, please carry on with your delusions.

Edited to add: If one more person uses the "money is in play so it's no longer open beta" argument, I swear I'm going to lose it. Until you know exactly how open betas really work, and how they've worked since their inception, you need to calmly exit the arena through the marked door.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and get used to the business model, because *everyone* is doing it.

Not even close, though The War Z did the same thing.
  • solidor80solidor80 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I just read the better part of these 27 pages and I have come to one conclusion. PW/CRYPTIC needs to assign a dev to cross reference the forums and the login servers and then Perma Ban anyone who replied to this Post. What a bunch of whiny Mothers. "I paid money so its not beta" is the battle cry of of IDIOTS. You new it was beta before you paid the money...did you think the G D servers magically all program themselves correctly because they now have the missing piece of the puzzle to artificial intelligence... your credit card number.... F'ing R'Tards.

BAN US ALL

seriusly take ur pill dude
  • ravenhearted585ravenhearted585 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW never has this problem and it was the FIRST mmo. I guess time doesn't always improve things.

I can think of many MMOs that came before WoW.. You're just Blizzard's butt-boy. Its okay, we still love you. But really, get your facts straight first bro, if you don't it really makes you look like a fool.

The servers are down for real now though, this one isn't planned maintenance. Makes me sad, I was just about to get on :< But this is why it is beta, no?
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    azurie1 wrote: »
    Offically both CO and STO have never come out of OBT so yes they are in beta still. I beta tested both of em so trust me I know. Also as for the person who said because they are willing to take my money they aren't in beta . . .bzzzzzt!! wrong FW during cbt had it's cash shop open with any zen bought and used being refunded once game reached obt with no more wipes so don't want to hear that lame excuse again.

You might want to work on your understanding of the game development cycle.
  • mauk2mauk2 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aovgeneral wrote: »
    This game is the best, and you will have to do the pee dance and hold it. But when you finally log on and get to create your own dungeon you will feel so much better. Nothing else offers this, and you all know you only complain cause your already having withdrawls. Just sit in the cornor and rock while holding your knees, or keep complaining on this forum. We are all right there with you trying to get our Neverwinter fix.

Technically speaking, City of Heroes had a full-featured and excellent mission writing system years ago. And yes, I miss it fiercely.

If my **** Founders Pack ever shows up (I bought it a WEEK AGO, you incompetent gits, gimme mah goodies!), I plan to try out this Foundry thing. I expect it's pretty much a straight rip of the CoH Architect system. If so, it's gonna be awesome. :)
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zomg a meteor hit the server!
  • guambobo6guambobo6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long until server is back up????
  • ronanouronanou Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have actual info on when the servers will be up? 0.0
  • e5cafl0wnee5cafl0wne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bedroompunisher posted, "WoW never has this problem and it was the FIRST mmo. I guess time doesn't always improve things. "

well i think EQ was one of the first MMORPGS and it had its problems as well. so far my experience with NWO has been great even tho i have only played about an hour. Keep up the good work devs, eventually you will have a great AD&D 4.0 online game !
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Just because it allows communication on a larger scale than ever before doesn't mean it is being used intelligently or productively.

But apparently you are absorbed into those ****holes you can't see straight any more.

Please carry on with your delusions.
  • slugormasterslugormaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed over the past week, the green status button isn't a good indication if the server is 'up' or not. However, I have noticed that if the News section of the launcher is missing text, it's probably a good indication that you won't be able to login.
  • pusmasterpusmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'Beta' is a way of releasing a game and skirting certain issues, like ESRB ratings and certain commercial licensing fees. That is why so many games are released in 'beta'.
    edited May 2013
    mauk2 wrote: »
    Technically speaking, City of Heroes had a full-featured and excellent mission writing system years ago. And yes, I miss it fiercely.

If my **** Founders Pack ever shows up (I bought it a WEEK AGO, you incompetent gits, gimme mah goodies!), I plan to try out this Foundry thing. I expect it's pretty much a straight rip of the CoH Architect system. If so, it's gonna be awesome. :)

Technically speaking, City of Heroes died so my statement stands :p .
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    servers are up!
    happy days!
  • dave3172dave3172 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the egregious thing here isn't the micro-transactions. I think a lot know about PW, "open betas" and the rest. You can't be that surprised about servers dropping based on how their other games have worked.

I do have a problem with them charging $200 for a Founder package. That's just too much money for their "open beta". No one held a gun to anyone's head to buy it, but still...it's just poor form.

Also, their three largest games are all down. That's not an "open beta" problem. That's an "unsecure server" problem.
  • dynatech1dynatech1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know who's more mad, the people who think beta is an excuse for a shaky product or the people who when confronted by intelligent individuals on the matter go absolutely nuclear and suggest everyone should be banned.

If you can't take discourse, perhaps a forum isn't the place for you.
    edited May 2013
    mauk2 wrote: »

Technically speaking, City of Heroes died so my statement stands :p .
  • satanicatsatanicat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    e5cafl0wne wrote: »
    bedroompunisher posted, "WoW never has this problem and it was the FIRST mmo. I guess time doesn't always improve things. "

well i think EQ was one of the first MMORPGS and it had its problems as well. so far my experience with NWO has been great even tho i have only played about an hour. Keep up the good work devs, eventually you will have a great AD&D 4.0 online game !

Everquest was approximately two years after the launch of Ultima Online. And I imagine Ultima Online wasn't even the first MMO.
  • jpwizard23jpwizard23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know everyone is upset and has legitimate reasons to be upset but, I had to sit back and think for a minute....

Two kinda known companies finally get their hands on a big shot title from our favorite Wizards of the Coast. Now assuming all of you are die hard DnD fans like myself, I had to say "Why, when it all comes down, did I put money into a new game on the first day of open access?"

Only one thing came to mind, DnD. A whole lot of you love DnD so much you put out some serious cash before seeing anything but screenshots and a few videos. Why?

The way I see it, these guys got ahold of a big fish and didnt realize what the DnD name was going to do to their servers. They got hit hard and caught with their pants down. No biggie, could have been anyone.

What counts is that they are hard at work for us, their fans. The payers and the free to players alike. These guys/gals have put years of their life. Time, heart, soul and energy alike, they worked hard to bring us the awesome things like The Foundry.

These guys deserve a little more time and more than a few days to show us they can do it. Lets give them a break and a big Thanks for giving us their all!
This discussion has been closed.