test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server down!

167891012»

Comments

• carlbobocarlbobo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever been to Blanchard, LA Blanchardtech? Hopefully the server will be up for my guild meeting.
    "I game therefore I am."
    Proud member of the Order of the Silver Rose
    http://orderofthesilverrose.enjin.com
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dave3172 wrote: »
    I think the egregious thing here isn't the micro-transactions. I think a lot know about PW, "open betas" and the rest. You can't be that surprised about servers dropping based on how their other games have worked.

I do have a problem with them charging $200 for a Founder package. That's just too much money for their "open beta". No one held a gun to anyone's head to buy it, but still...it's just poor form.

Also, their three largest games are all down. That's not an "open beta" problem. That's an "unsecure server" problem.

This is all true, although I would like to mention that all three games are apparently hosted on the same block of servers, which means if one game is hit hard, all games are affected adversely.
  • bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    mcarper wrote: »
    You gonna be able to fit all that on your sandwich board Bob? I'd suggest just going with "Repent the end is nigh!" much simpler

Oh yes sorry I forgot to say " People, repent. The end is nigh" The reptilians are coming back on nibiru and the aliens are going to attack! Repent ******, repent !
  • jackdragon9jackdragon9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dave3172 wrote: »
    I think the egregious thing here isn't the micro-transactions. I think a lot know about PW, "open betas" and the rest. You can't be that surprised about servers dropping based on how their other games have worked.

I do have a problem with them charging $200 for a Founder package. That's just too much money for their "open beta". No one held a gun to anyone's head to buy it, but still...it's just poor form.

Also, their three largest games are all down. That's not an "open beta" problem. That's an "unsecure server" problem.

You don't had to pay 200$ for a open beta. Open beta is a free none complete game.
    And no that is true that "open beta" is not a excuse if 3 released games are down. However it is to be expected that the servers will go down unexpected in a open beta (and closed beta). Honestly we can only go by their announcement that it is a network outage. **** happens and it sucks for everyone involved.
  • yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all you young ppl complaining Gen X created the internet so show some respect Gen Y LOL no seriousely it will be up when it is up stop the complaining
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up.
  • arnerjayaarnerjaya Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really wish there was a bit more communication on what's going on from the devs. If we can post on the forums then someone on their staff could take 5 minutes to do the same. I got bored of playing Path of Exile about a month back but at least when I did play... the devs were very open on what was going on and the servers were usually never down more than a few minutes because they worked on the problems as the server was up. Just a little communication would be nice. Thanks! I am enjoying the game but can only get a few hours of playing in before something else comes up and prevents me from playing.
  • ronanouronanou Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Path of Exile, eh? I remember playing that. Might go play it while this is down...
  • dynatech1dynatech1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try to avoid responding negatively to the "intelligent individuals", but their is no correlation between money and beta, any one who thinks there is, is simply not an "intelligent individual" when it comes to software design protocols.

I'm not suggesting that there's any correlation between money and beta, I'm suggesting that once they charge for a product, or allow people to begin investing in it, there's a certain degree of responsibility that should be assumed. The idea that a company should be absolved of all responsibility to provide a reasonably reliable product simply because of the naming convention is beyond abhorrent.

We shouldn't be so eager to eat s***, unless as gamers, we're looking to establish this as an acceptable business practice for software companies.

I'm curious to know why more people aren't more upset, I would assume that it would make for a better product if companies were actually concerned with the polish and reliability of their software for fear of disappointing their customers. Instead what we have are people who have to defend themselves for being concerned that they aren't receiving a high enough quality piece of software.

It seems a little like biting ones own nose off to spite their face, doesn't it?
  • neuwerldneuwerld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back up and running
  • c10udc10ud Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Its kind of funny how server downtime brings out a massive uproar of inner nerds. The community deteriorates from somewhat peaceable to a flurry of rants, flames, and argument for the sake of argument. Go outside folks, it's probably a nice day and sunshine does wonders for pasty complexions.
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would as well although they can make more moneys off us with f2p model its sad but true ... I really wish people would grow up and stop making f2p games give me my sub or box buy .... who knows. F2p dose bring some very nasty types of people to games lol I wanz it all for free Oh I broke it this game sucks I wanted more for free give me!!!

Yeah I think that box paid and then some small transaction program is very good choice. Monthly fees are kind of too much paying... So you have to pay all the time to keep the game running. This does F2P in sneaky way. It looks like its so cool but in fact in many games it is so much limited that without paying something you are loosing a lot of fun. For example when in F2P game you have to pay to get to auction market. I mean that means that without paying you are cut of from all content which is not farmed by you, because vendors in MMO usually dont have anything. I kind of like the way of GW2 system. I bought GW2 and I have access to everything and transactions are just for some boost, some advantages or some crazy costumes. But I paid just once at the start and I have access to everything important and good. F2P is good only when its really F2P.. that means you can access all main content by hard work without transaction or easier without transactions. But yeah that brings a lot of people who are not able to value that its for free... I personally like the "buy box" version when you buy at start and you have full access and transactions are only for things that people like me dont ever use..
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I asked them to take it down since I'm still at work. I'm kind of a jerk that way.
  • ronanouronanou Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It really is back up :D
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not scheduled for now and server is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right now. Getting messages it's down, then get in and get server not responding messages and eventually DC'd. I don't see any posts regarding the issue.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • neuwerldneuwerld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronanou wrote: »
    It really is back up :D

I wouldn't lie to you ;)
  • izuelaizuela Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a server status page somewhere? When I google neverwinter server status it just brings me to a PWI server status page. It's not unexpected that the servers goes down like this, early on. And I'm sure they are working very hard to fix the issue, whatever it is. But being informed would relieve some frustration for us users.
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    c10ud wrote: »
    Its kind of funny how server downtime brings out a massive uproar of inner nerds. The community deteriorates from somewhat peaceable to a flurry of rants, flames, and argument for the sake of argument. Go outside folks, it's probably a nice day and sunshine does wonders for pasty complexions.

Replies like yours always amuse me since you're partaking of the same activity. Oh the hypocrisy!
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I admit I was too lazy to read through the whole thread. But have we had any info as to when the problems will be fixed and the servers back up? I understand they are still ironing out the wrinkles and so on...but they can negate a lot of the anger if they would simply put out a message every hour or two to let us know what is going on.
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    izuela wrote: »
    Is there a server status page somewhere? When I google neverwinter server status it just brings me to a PWI server status page. It's not unexpected that the servers goes down like this, early on. And I'm sure they are working very hard to fix the issue, whatever it is. But being informed would relieve some frustration for us users.

Cryptic only cares to keep you informed if you buy into following them on social media sites.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The Servers are back up. Log in. Play. Have fun! :D
This discussion has been closed.