Comments

• Options
    gcjz70gcjz70 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    back from walking the cat ;) ... I take it its still broke
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of what you think Snebil about the lines blurring and their business model. This game is not down as most games are in the Opening phases of release and or late beta are. While yes some of the down times are annoying. If they keep them limited to non-prime times (with the exception of last Saturday night) I am fine with it and Even then during prime times if they have a major fix that NEEDS to be taken care of I can deal with that too! :)
    So relax and stop talking about their business model and just play the dang game. You can do that right? I mean the game is well done and fun to play. If you do not want to spend real time cash it is not required nor expected. That is what is is all about. You might not get the gear as fast as those that do then and if that is your problem, then you might want to find another game to play.
  • Options
    lazzerchickenlazzerchicken Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's Open Beta.

Open Beta means the game has gone gold. The game is ready for distribution.

Open Beta means the game is ready for release.

Its not ready for release, its "a feature complete version"* that "is not yet final due to bugs, performance or stability issues"* so its obvious that servers WILL go down.

I am aware of PWE reputation and that other "released" games are not working atm but WHY so many ppl are flaming about NV ?

Imagine that they just read ticket about repeatable ZEN duping method - what will you do as a dev ?
    As I wrote before BETA mark is to warn you that server issues WILL happen.
    I am actually glad there are no rollbacks and other bad things that happens during betas.

We all want to play this game but rly spaming and flaimg forums doesn't help much -.-
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's obvious.

Even bags cost $50, and then they make a rune system that eats bag space like crazy.
    And make you carry 4 kinds of kits, and 2 copies of every potion, etc.

They're sitting saying, F these free kids trying not to give us money, and trying to squeeze every pounce of cash out of people they can.
    So you tell me, given that, do you this company invested in good servers? no, in good devs? no, in good anything? no

A good f2p game would invest in making the game freaking awesome in every way, even for the freebee moochers.
    Then people would say wow it's an awesome game, and invest cash into it.

Right now, people feel like PW is going to pay to play kill the game, so why would people invest in it?
  • Options
    morserventomorservento Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I asked them on Twitter and now all of the sudden I don't get any new updates or tweets from them lmao
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Also people should check Twitter for updates:
    Hey Everyone - We are making progress re: bringing the servers online, though at this time we do not yet have an ETA. Stay tuned!

No, the company should learn how to use their own damned site to give their consumers updates on the product many of them have paid for.
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    snebli wrote: »
    the problem is that they've cleverly blurred the line between launch and open beta. This phase of beta is more pre-release then beta imo...the key difference: people have happily shelled out a lot of money to play.

its a clever business idea, and they are making bank on it. imo, it is unethical to let people pay money to test your game for you...or it is unethical to still be actively testing the game once you've opened it up for real game play.

its a capitalist system and nobody is forcing folks to pay to test the game. it just isn't right though, imo.

Regardless of what you think Snebil about the lines blurring and their business model. This game is not down as most games are in the Opening phases of release and or late beta are. While yes some of the down times are annoying. If they keep them limited to non-prime times (with the exception of last Saturday night) I am fine with it and Even then during prime times if they have a major fix that NEEDS to be taken care of I can deal with that too! :)
    So relax and stop talking about their business model and just play the dang game. You can do that right? I mean the game is well done and fun to play. If you do not want to spend real time cash it is not required nor expected. That is what is is all about. You might not get the gear as fast as those that do then and if that is your problem, then you might want to find another game to play.
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Actually, try being angry because you just spent about 45 minutes on a single boss fight at the end of a T2 dungeon, which is so ridiculously overtuned it could be considered 40 man raid content in WoW vanilla.

Then, when the boss is at his last 10% of life, the server crashes.

Oh, this is after you spent about 2 hours re-rolling group queue because the queue likes to create groups without TANKS or HEALERS.

Not to mention the fact that in order to leave a broken queued group you have to change the instance you are in, which is always on a 2 minute cooldown....

I could go on.
    I agree with you, it's still fun as hell though.
  • Options
    lazzerchickenlazzerchicken Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post
  • Options
    morserventomorservento Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would rather pay $15 per month to enjoy a game where I didn't have to worry about how much money I need to save each month so I can have bag space or for respec.....
  • Options
    stabyaeyeoutstabyaeyeout Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still down?
  • Options
    dynatech1dynatech1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amdarkwolf wrote: »
    It's a beta, expect **** like this...

... and for those who keep complaining about them 'taking your money' ... Did they go into your bank account and withdraw the money? No. you gave it to them knowing it's a 'BETA' - quit complaining.

I'm trusting them to provide a product when they offer it for sale, if they can't provide it, they shouldn't offer it.

It doesn't matter what they label the product state, or how many bullets fankids think they can jump in front of, the bottom line is if you charge for something, you should be reasonably sure you can provide it, which is how we normally expect companies to do business.

I would be ok with some spelling errors in tool tips or the occasional quest that won't complete, or a goofy animation or two, but what they can't do after opening up payments is expect us to be ok with servers that catch fire every 48 hours for 2-3 hours at a time.
  • Options
    hughdepayenhughdepayen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trying to bring 100 player guild base here.when your registration process is screwed up and your login server abilty fails
    it starts to turn alot of people off.may look for somthing else at this point with 2 days of failure good luck............
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    nikmal2013 wrote: »

So all you do is spam?
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Actually, try being angry because you just spent about 45 minutes on a single boss fight at the end of a T2 dungeon, which is so ridiculously overtuned it could be considered 40 man raid content in WoW vanilla.

Then, when the boss is at his last 10% of life, the server crashes.

Oh, this is after you spent about 2 hours re-rolling group queue because the queue likes to create groups without TANKS or HEALERS.

Not to mention the fact that in order to leave a broken queued group you have to change the instance you are in, which is always on a 2 minute cooldown....

I could go on.
    I agree with you, it's still fun as hell though.
  • Options
    rekkionrekkion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wish they would Switch the icon on the log in screen to "red" letting us know that the servers are down still instead of letting us think we can log in and play ....
  • Options
    huldran1988huldran1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh the QQ in this thread... Beta is beta people. Stop being childish.
  • Options
    exisixeexisixe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NUUUUU! Get off work and this....hmm maybe I'll go outside?!
  • Options
    sneblisnebli Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can play the game AND criticize their business model....the two have nothing to do with one another. I wouldn't pay to play in a beta, and I don't think anyone else should either. Those that did and are now complaining are seeing the foolishness in plunking down $200 to test the game. My commentary is as much a criticism on those complaining as it is on the business model.

I think it is very clever (sneaky?) that they have gotten so many folks to play in their "open beta".

I will keep playing (when the servers come up) because it is fun. Thank you for suggesting it. :cool:
  • Options
    bighalsybighalsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I refuse to use Twitter and so should everyone else. Social websites are the enemy of an educated society. Agreed, all updates should be done on their site and easy to find.
    Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ikagawa wrote: »
    No, the company should learn how to use their own damned site to give their consumers updates on the product many of them have paid for.

True, but that fight was lost years ago.
  • Options
    scrybatogscrybatog Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snebli wrote: »
    the problem is that they've cleverly blurred the line between launch and open beta. This phase of beta is more pre-release then beta imo...the key difference: people have happily shelled out a lot of money to play.

its a clever business idea, and they are making bank on it. imo, it is unethical to let people pay money to test your game for you...or it is unethical to still be actively testing the game once you've opened it up for real game play.

its a capitalist system and nobody is forcing folks to pay to test the game. it just isn't right though, imo.

This, entirely this. Although "force" is a hard word. If I could hivemind everyone in the world I'd stop them all from playing this cash grab game, but I can't, and I know that me not playing wont change anything, so instead I play and allow my inner troll to run rampant the entire time, I feel its the best way to discourage playing this game.
  • Options
    sneblisnebli Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can play the game AND criticize their business model....the two have nothing to do with one another. I wouldn't pay to play in a beta, and I don't think anyone else should either. Those that did and are now complaining are seeing the foolishness in plunking down $200 to test the game. My commentary is as much a criticism on those complaining as it is on the business model.

I think it is very clever (sneaky?) that they have gotten so many folks to play in their "open beta".

I will keep playing (when the servers come up) because it is fun. Thank you for suggesting it. :cool:
  • Options
    freetosprayedfreetosprayed Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beta - Micro-transactions. Two words that shouldn't even be in the same category.
  • Options
    knoodlepotchiliknoodlepotchili Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oooo soooo much rage for pixels, makes me feel younger ^_^
    :cool:
  • Options
    piralyspiralys Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server is unavailable at this time 00:18

:-(
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Hey "kid", do you realize when the server goes down Champions Online and Star Trek Online are also down as well? Are they in "beta" too? Beta is in name only. It's there to fool morons into excusing them for lousy service. Consider yourself fooled.

Offically both CO and STO have never come out of OBT so yes they are in beta still. I beta tested both of em so trust me I know. Also as for the person who said because they are willing to take my money they aren't in beta . . .bzzzzzt!! wrong FW during cbt had it's cash shop open with any zen bought and used being refunded once game reached obt with no more wipes so don't want to hear that lame excuse again.
  • Options
    gronfgronf Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    ikagawa wrote: »

Whats wrong with using Twitter for fast updates?
    Ye, ye, back in the days we wrote Letters... now they all use these strange E-Mails...
    Welcome in 2013 oldtimer!
  • Options
    picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stridervan wrote: »
    you guys are freaking stupid, there is a reason its called "Beta" and making an MMO isn't an easy job (speaking as a game developer) and if you're playing this game 24/7 you need to get a real life first.

LOL! Creating pong in basic doesn't make you a game developer! Shooosh!!!
  • Options
    ixandelixandel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someone said it was up, but it's not.. still down.
This discussion has been closed.