Server down!

Comments

• Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    sneblisnebli Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the problem is that they've cleverly blurred the line between launch and open beta. This phase of beta is more pre-release then beta imo...the key difference: people have happily shelled out a lot of money to play.

its a clever business idea, and they are making bank on it. imo, it is unethical to let people pay money to test your game for you...or it is unethical to still be actively testing the game once you've opened it up for real game play.

its a capitalist system and nobody is forcing folks to pay to test the game. it just isn't right though, imo.
  • Options
    monkybuttfacemonkybuttface Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had no idea other PWE games were offline, because I don't play any of them. So, all of you who pointed that out in a hostile tone can go **** yourselves.

And opening the cash shop doesn't make it not-beta. It just means they are making a money grab before they are actually done with the damned game.
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ^THIS^

Spending money on unfinished product doesn't make it finished and try to look at it that way: Companies mark products betas to warn you and it is only your choice to play it or not.

It's Open Beta.

Open Beta means the game has gone gold. The game is ready for distribution.

Open Beta means the game is ready for release.
  • Options
    morserventomorservento Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a hacker issue....there is no good reason why when the website forums went down that it would have only said, "It works!"....and they keep ignoring responding to any questions if it could have been a hacker....the old game of Deny Deny Deny, or the easier one....act like it never happened and everyone else is crazy....
  • Options
    magnuismagnuis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've beta tested many MMO's in the past. Some are good and never take off due to poor advertising or poor launch. For Neverwinter I was cautious. I am a long time DnD player both on paper and video. The launch was one of the best I have had the chance to be apart of. And for those complaining that you spent real money on a beta test, they never forced you to pay your $60.00 or $200.00 to become a founder for the game.
  • Options
    picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never been desperate enough to actually pay for items on a F2P game, but I gotta agree with what others are saying. Once you start taking people's RL money, you no longer get to hide behind the "beta" excuse for your ****ty product.......just sayin......
  • Options
    teeker24teeker24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erebus2075 wrote: »
    its not a fcking beta when you charge money for transaction in the game you stupid monkybutt....
    get it into your ******* head! its something so fcking simple even <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> critters would go "duhh ofcouse its not beta"....

when that is said i expect wierd downtime when new mmo's comes out, it sucks but its expected and have always been ever since ultimate online was released ^^
    and that is ok to have these issue's would love more info from the company on est though

but again ITS NOT A FCKING BETA !! .. morons..

I've participated in countless betas, even ones that I have been paid for and the servers will crash. If this isn't your first MMO experience you should understand that these games tend to crash often due tot he amount of people that try to play or log on at the same time. Calm down and don't blame money as why it isn't a beta. The cash shop is completely optional and YOU chose to put money into this game when it wasn't full released yet. Just remember YOU took a risk putting money into a game that testing and it is nobody else's fault that YOU are so upset that you bought something and got downtime. Downtime effects everybody not just you so stop your *****ing and just do something else for a while. It will be up later it is not the end of the world.
  • Options
    strookestrooke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An open beta version is one released to the general public, intended to provide the functionality, whilst also using arising errors to fix existing issues in the application.

A beta software release is a version of an application which is incomplete, and is supposed to perform as would the final version, but without any guarantee of sustained or intended functionality. Its release is intended to reveal the extent to which its functionality cannot be sustained or relied upon, and is used to indicate how best to finalise it.

For this reason, I choose not to invest money into the game.
  • Options
    aovgeneralaovgeneral Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are people so huffy we call it Beta? The game calls it open beta so I will call it open beta. If I was so concerned about it called "soft relise, beta, bubawaba shoola" I just wouldn't play it. If the game has a ton of glitches and isn't truely ready for relise and I really really wanna play it, I am ready to commit to the term open beta. So call it what you like but don't have a heart attack when others do the same.
  • Options
    bookem311bookem311 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would rather pay $14.99/month and not have server crashes every single day. I know they'll use the "This is still open beta" excuse, but come on. Some of us paid up to $260+ for Founders/Zen etc. Get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together, already.
  • Options
    picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    magnuis wrote: »
    I've beta tested many MMO's in the past. Some are good and never take off due to poor advertising or poor launch. For Neverwinter I was cautious. I am a long time DnD player both on paper and video. The launch was one of the best I have had the chance to be apart of. And for those complaining that you spent real money on a beta test, they never forced you to pay your $60.00 or $200.00 to become a founder for the game.

People aren't complaining about the price they paid for the game itself..........
  • Options
    bajaresident#3792 bajaresident Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gifmike wrote: »
    It's the venom on this game's forums during server down times that's convinced me to play. People angry because they just want to hurry up and get back in to play, that's awesome.
    Actually, try being angry because you just spent about 45 minutes on a single boss fight at the end of a T2 dungeon, which is so ridiculously overtuned it could be considered 40 man raid content in WoW vanilla.

Then, when the boss is at his last 10% of life, the server crashes.

Oh, this is after you spent about 2 hours re-rolling group queue because the queue likes to create groups without TANKS or HEALERS.

Not to mention the fact that in order to leave a broken queued group you have to change the instance you are in, which is always on a 2 minute cooldown....

I could go on.
  • Options
    sailorcalliesailorcallie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will get the servers back up and running, soon. Just be patient.
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of what you think Snebil about the lines blurring and their business model. This game is not down as most games are in the Opening phases of release and or late beta are. While yes some of the down times are annoying. If they keep them limited to non-prime times (with the exception of last Saturday night) I am fine with it and Even then during prime times if they have a major fix that NEEDS to be taken care of I can deal with that too! :)
    So relax and stop talking about their business model and just play the dang game. You can do that right? I mean the game is well done and fun to play. If you do not want to spend real time cash it is not required nor expected. That is what is is all about. You might not get the gear as fast as those that do then and if that is your problem, then you might want to find another game to play.
  • Options
    stridervanstridervan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys are freaking stupid, there is a reason its called "Beta" and making an MMO isn't an easy job (speaking as a game developer) and if you're playing this game 24/7 you need to get a real life first.
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate the term Beta these days. It's a word companies use as a scapegoat for when things go wrong. Games these days will stay in "Open Beta" For months even up to a year. If your game needs to stay in open beta for a year, it's not ready to be "Open Beta". Stop calling it a beta people, it's a soft launch. A launch that apparently happened to soon.

agreed this is not a beta nothing like it.

disagree, the game didnt come out to soon EVERY major title mmo without any exception got alot of issue's after launch, people should learn to deal with it.
    no matter how long they wait these issues will always come... but fgs please give us info on wth is happening and when to expect stuff to work.
  • Options
    ypekypek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok so haven't said anything up till now but am going to because I'm tired of the ppl whining about this. Every MMO out there has gone thru these issues I remember when WOW would go down every half hour it did that for almost 3 weeks, I remember when EQ did it for a couple weeks, I remember when Star Wars Galaxies did it as well. Its a new game this stuff happens bottom line is this: IF you like the game then shut up and deal with it till they get figured out, IF you don't like the game or don't want to deal with this stuff happening then stop playing the game and comeback in a few months when these things are fixed. And yes STO did this as well for along time it was rare if STO didn't crash like this at least once a week. So you whiners get over it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol I air out the fact it is a hacker and they remove my permissions to post on the forum....if that doesn't scream "DON'T TELL ANYONE!" I don't know what else does ROFLMAO
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    bookem311 wrote: »
    I would rather pay $14.99/month and not have server crashes every single day. I know they'll use the "This is still open beta" excuse, but come on. Some of us paid up to $260+ for Founders/Zen etc. Get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together, already.

Subscription games have server crashes too. Giving a company money on a monthly basis isn't going to change that.
  • Options
    uzukashiuzukashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thinking about to stop to play this f@cking game...
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah greatness....
    http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    Auto-redirects you to
    http://gatewaysitedown.playneverwinter.com/

This can only end well...

DNS changes, "it works" as a server response. I'm starting to believe there might be something to this incursion/hack theory. Of course I could be insane.
  • Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play ALL 3 of the games that are down at the moment, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter and if you think people are spitting venom here you should go take a look at the STO forums.... me I'm just only mildly miffed cause now I have to find something to do in the real world and I spend the vast majority of my time in the real world... ( I escape off into the world of Neverwinter, Champions, Star Trek for a couple hours in the evening ) so wonder what ever shall I do ? guess its off to the range for me then... if I cant make things explode in an obnoxious fashion I will take my frustrations out on the targets at the range..... gonna shoot targets at the 750m lane today I guess.....
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    zinszins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @twodollar..Really? i've been playing PWE games since 08..never had any issues with thier servers..until this one...more likely on the partners side imo.
  • Options
    scrybatogscrybatog Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snebli wrote: »
    the problem is that they've cleverly blurred the line between launch and open beta. This phase of beta is more pre-release then beta imo...the key difference: people have happily shelled out a lot of money to play.

its a clever business idea, and they are making bank on it. imo, it is unethical to let people pay money to test your game for you...or it is unethical to still be actively testing the game once you've opened it up for real game play.

its a capitalist system and nobody is forcing folks to pay to test the game. it just isn't right though, imo.

This, entirely this. Although "force" is a hard word. If I could hivemind everyone in the world I'd stop them all from playing this cash grab game, but I can't, and I know that me not playing wont change anything, so instead I play and allow my inner troll to run rampant the entire time, I feel its the best way to discourage playing this game.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aovgeneral wrote: »
    Why are people so huffy we call it Beta? The game calls it open beta so I will call it open beta.

Because it's not. But that's not why the "it's beta" excuse doesn't work. ALL Cryptic games are down at the moment, not just NW. Something's really wrong with their servers at the moment.

Also people should check Twitter for updates:
    Hey Everyone - We are making progress re: bringing the servers online, though at this time we do not yet have an ETA. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    bookem311bookem311 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not complaining about spending the money. I'm complaining that thousands of people spent money and they can't keep their servers up for a complete 24 hour period. They were even able to do that during BW.

P.S. Get your server status working. Unless it's scheduled maintenance, the Server Status symbol on the patcher always shows as green, even when servers are down. Surely that is something a part-time developer can do with their hands behind their back and a hot poker in their eye, right?
  • Options
    mageflaremageflare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if the sever never comes up are we gonna lose our dalie coins? I would be ticked, I was hoping to keep it up for the angel that cost 360 coins.
  • Options
    aovgeneralaovgeneral Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bookem311 wrote: »

I probably wouldn't spend 260 smackaroonys on a came they are calling open beta. Hell I wouldn't pay that for a perfectly polished game. I would not pay 15 bucks / month for WoW, I will pay as I need or want things and thats what this game is all about free +. People are crying way too much here. I feel like I should be changing diapers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nah you are correct....I mentioned them being hacked and they took away my ability to "Post Quick Reply" lol
This discussion has been closed.