What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down!

Comments

• Options
    advancednewbadvancednewb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish I could share you guys point of view (It's still beta, etc etc....).
    Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I've only had a chance to play this game one time since I've downloaded it. Every other time I tried to login there was something wrong with the servers.(Probably like 6 other times I've tried)
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    macspud wrote: »
    facebook is the place for server updates

The site they run is the place for server updates. Or it should be if there were any damned sense in companies these days.
  • Options
    monkybuttfacemonkybuttface Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is supposed to be a beta for a reason, folks. Server software has to be tested too. Don't fret too much, these things should start happening less and less often as time goes on.
  • Options
    prijarprijar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same for me. Is there another way to see serverstatus than when i start the game? (login screen)
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    It's the venom on this game's forums during server down times that's convinced me to play. People angry because they just want to hurry up and get back in to play, that's awesome.
  • Options
    k4rdinal33k4rdinal33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A little definition for all the rage-kids out there.

Beta = testing, to make sure the product runs, plays, works, smoothly.

Open Beta = same as above, but with a larger audience.

Neither of these are stress-testing - which is when you open the doors to the masses and calculate how much server bandwidth you are going to need.

[edit: my point about Beta is that it is a marketing gimmick to get everyone signed up and playing. Making you think you are special, or getting into something 'early'. When in reality, the more people who install the game, the more people will eventually give them some $$$'s. Marketing. Try googling that one some time]

Perfect World are taking the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you can spend your money on this game and you get 0% reliability of servers being up. No mention of Server Status for Neverwinter on their official site. The launcher and log-in screens tell you absolutely nothing accurate about server status. But a free-to-play game non-the-less. Simplistic combat, essentially a 3rd person hack'n'slash, with dated graphics, glitchy animations, poor static combat trying to be dynamic. Next to no strategy whatsoever, dodge this, block that, is about all there is to it.

Only thing they've done right in my humble opinion is the Professions. But that's only because I haven't found where they stole the idea from yet. Playing it safe with another WoW-style clone. An open world too much to ask for? Lol.

Anyways, it was fun. Level 31 now after a day of playing. Good luck and enjoy the 'ride'.
  • Options
    nibbnibbnibbnibb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I say "Server!", you say "Down!"...

"SERVER!"
  • Options
    twodollartwodollar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is supposed to be a beta for a reason, folks. Server software has to be tested too. Don't fret too much, these things should start happening less and less often as time goes on.

Do you play any other PWE games by chance? Cause i play 4 others at the moment and guess what still happens on a regular basis lol
    Please don't run. You will just die tired :)
  • Options
    lazzerchickenlazzerchicken Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Again you people need to look up the definition of beta. A beta has nothing to do with the fact that you can spend cash for the game or not. Heck Farmville has been in beta for years now lol. Beta is a phase of production learn your words.

^THIS^

Spending money on unfinished product doesn't make it finished and try to look at it that way: Companies mark products betas to warn you and it is only your choice to play it or not.
  • Options
    oceanoftearsoceanoftears Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

LOL Victor... I'd say just stupid, actually 100% sure
  • Options
    xsoteriaxsoteria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You do realise it's not a beta thing if the servers are down for 2 other games which share the servers, right? It has absolutely nothing to do with beta.
  • Options
    malaclypsmalaclyps Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    lol, this is beta like world of tanks is beta. once you open the cash shop the games open for business.

that being said, it's a launch. stuff happens. off to find an update on the facebook page apparently
  • Options
    thefadedlinethefadedline Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have you nothing better in your life to do than ***** and whine when something you get for free is having issues that need to be resolved.

Sure, I have something better to do: playing Neverwinter... oh, wait, guess I don't have something better to do after all. ;)
  • Options
    aovgeneralaovgeneral Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey super awesome game and I know its Beta and I know you have maintainance. Please don't take this as a compleint I love everything so far (digging foundry best feature ever from here on every one else is copying Neverwinter) but could you please make a server (shard) status page. This would help me out so I don't have to keep loading the game to see whats up. I know this is a "back burner" issue but I think alot of people would really enjoy the feature.

Wish I could have made a new thread with this post but for some reason I can't make posts, only reply to em.
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

its not a fcking beta when you charge money for transaction in the game you stupid monkybutt....
    get it into your ******* head! its something so fcking simple even <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> critters would go "duhh ofcouse its not beta"....

when that is said i expect wierd downtime when new mmo's comes out, it sucks but its expected and have always been ever since ultimate online was released ^^
    and that is ok to have these issue's would love more info from the company on est though

but again ITS NOT A FCKING BETA !! .. morons..
  • Options
    devladevla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been down for over an hour now, Twitter is full of vague communication with words like theoretically, ideally, shortly, no concrete announcement, etc etc. At least they're responding I guess.
    Ideally very soon, but can't say for sure just yet!
  • Options
    aovgeneralaovgeneral Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey super awesome game and I know its Beta and I know you have maintainance. Please don't take this as a compleint I love everything so far (digging foundry best feature ever from here on every one else is copying Neverwinter) but could you please make a server (shard) status page. This would help me out so I don't have to keep loading the game to see whats up. I know this is a "back burner" issue but I think alot of people would really enjoy the feature.

Wish I could have made a new thread with this post but for some reason I can't make posts, only reply to em.
  • Options
    dynatech1dynatech1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ikagawa wrote: »
    The site they run is the place for server updates. Or it should be if there were any damned sense in companies these days.

They can't use the website, for some insipid reason, the website is hosted in the same racks that the game servers are. That's why it's so slow right now, it's probably on fail-over to the emergency 486 apache server in the basement.
  • Options
    m3k829m3k829 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm off to go play some bball neverwinter guys l2getseperateservers for this game.
  • Options
    yenrug70yenrug70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So.... what happens to celestial coins if you can't log in because the servers are down during the time you can actually play? Kinda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if you end up losing them because of something that's beyond your control.
  • Options
    darkangel66699darkangel66699 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate the term Beta these days. It's a word companies use as a scapegoat for when things go wrong. Games these days will stay in "Open Beta" For months even up to a year. If your game needs to stay in open beta for a year, it's not ready to be "Open Beta". Stop calling it a beta people, it's a soft launch. A launch that apparently happened to soon.
  • Options
    suishokotakasuishokotaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only problem is that the past few times it crashed on my end, I log back in to find that my character was killed through no fault of my own. That part gets me upset because then I have to use one of my injury kits.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Please stop using that excuse. Champions Online and Star Trek Online are down too and they are definitely not in "beta". This is not a NW issue. It's an issue with Cryptic's servers.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    Beta for F2P companies is not really "beta" Its just a way for them to point at it and say "its beta" and thatway take away any responsability on their part. Its a common thing to do in the F2P market
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yenrug70 wrote: »
    So.... what happens to celestial coins if you can't log in because the servers are down during the time you can actually play? Kinda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if you end up losing them because of something that's beyond your control.
    They go poof. Why shouldn't they?
    Be happy that ANY praying refreshes the timer.
  • Options
    ixandelixandel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What sucks is every time the server is down the forums are almost unusable. Wonder if they are all sharing the same infrastructure.
  • Options
    yeseneskeryesenesker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its up now
  • Options
    amdarkwolfamdarkwolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a beta, expect **** like this...

... and for those who keep complaining about them 'taking your money' ... Did they go into your bank account and withdraw the money? No. you gave it to them knowing it's a 'BETA' - quit complaining.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many minutes/hours/days is this scheduled maintenance scheduled to last for, should I just check back tomorrow or something?
This discussion has been closed.