What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    jinle0522jinle0522 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    question, does slowing from knee breaker apply as "prone" effect?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jinle0522 wrote: »
    question, does slowing from knee breaker apply as "prone" effect?

Nope! Prone is knockdowned/stun I believe.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Prone by D&D definition is laying on the ground, so its a knockdown of some sort. I do not believe Stunned counts as a prone unless they have gotten lax on their definition of prone.

Knee Breaker is just a cripple.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • Options
    protocol2112protocol2112 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what do you think is the best Weapon enchant for pvp.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    what do you think is the best Weapon enchant for pvp.

Eh, depends on how you're sacking stats. If you're going for a crit build, the vorpal enchant would be nice. Otherwise I would say the Greater Plague is pretty good.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Do you know if the paragon feat: Staggering Challenge works?
  • Options
    xxbellberithxxxxbellberithxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    had a post here but answered my own question.

Great guide. Tweaked it a bit but this is a very good foundation for anyone wanting a tanky dps. the best part about the guide are the skill descriptions and effectiveness part. being 100% accurate on the pros and cons of the guardian skills. except the Bulls Charge.... that is actually a fantastic skill. does more dmg than lunging strike. has pretty much the opposite effect for utility. and an 11sec CD. overall good skill.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    had a post here but answered my own question.

Great guide. Tweaked it a bit but this is a very good foundation for anyone wanting a tanky dps. the best part about the guide are the skill descriptions and effectiveness part. being 100% accurate on the pros and cons of the guardian skills. except the Bulls Charge.... that is actually a fantastic skill. does more dmg than lunging strike. has pretty much the opposite effect for utility. and an 11sec CD. overall good skill.

Knocking back people is stupid! You want to stick to them!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    bundins wrote: »
    I have a question about Take Measure + Wrathful Warrior. Take Measure has a 50sec cooldown, which means it's not a very reliable source of temp hp. Wrathful Warrior does nothing for us when we don't have temp hp. I'd say that Take Measure alone isn't worth taking Wrathful Warrior for. +15% damage for a short time every 50 seconds (less if you're not critted immediately) doesn't sound too hot in theory. So that suggests that WW is taken because there are other sources of temp hp (Clerics?).

Right now, I'm considering putting 2 points into Grit instead of Shielded Resurgence. 1 point instead of 3 in SR means you gain 2% max hp per 30sec instead of 4%. You gain another source of temp hp though, meaning the 15% damage spike from Wrathful Warrior can kick in more often. Currently, WW only kicks in every 50 seconds because of Take Measure.

Of course Grit doesn't do much when questing on your own, you'll lose a small measure of survivability. However, in groups where you do get heals from player powers more often, it may be superior. More temp hp = more time enjoying the +15% damage.

What's your thoughts about this?

Being Human I had spare points so I took Grit. It works for when your companion heals you which is great.
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    It's not up 100% of the time. Let's say you're in a 1v1. As soon as you hit the person, you get the buff. Hitting him again does not refresh the buff. It only applies it once per new enemy. However, if you hit 1 person, got the buff.. waited the duration, then hit a new person you would get the buff again.
    I have noticed that without the last point in Tactical Superiority, Combat superiority refreshes when someone hits you (well I assume this is the case because I have had the debuff up on monsters much longer than 15 seconds).
    If with the last point it does not refresh on the same target it seems to me an argument could be made for having only 4 points for fights longer than 15 seconds?
  • Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Knocking back people is stupid! You want to stick to them!

I do wonder if Bull's charge is under CC though, since I am going down the tactician path and concentrating on stunlocking + crits off bonus dmg on CC targets.

Cause if Bull charge's is a CC, i would take Pin down to 2/3 / 3/3 instead of getting shield resurgence.

So far I am at level 30 and its a blast. Knight's challenge > Griffon strike just destroys people and if the griffon strikes crit its usually instant death.

Cant wait until I get Anvil Of doom + the 1 sec feat into it. Knights challenge > griffon strike > Anvil of doom, or i can take bull's charge + Lunging Strike ( feated) for crazy amount of interrupts
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Still wondering if Staggering Challenge works, would be an increase in PvE dps. :(
  • Options
    taaqtaaq Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a reason why 5 points into Take Measure were taken? I understand that it procs the "Temporary Hit Points" which works with Wrathful Warrior, but it just doesn't seem that putting 5 points into it is really worth it for that 5%. Also, wouldn't it be worth getting 1 point in Grit under the Heroics to make it proc even more? I'm just wonder how "temporary" these hit points last for. Wondering because I wonder how long the buff will last for. Just trying to understand the reasoning behind taking 5 points rather than just 1. 4% more HP doesn't seem like a whole lot. I guess you can make take 1-2 more hits in pvp. Possibly more in PvE if they are trash mobs. If it's a boss, it may not make a difference.
  • Options
    ironspineironspine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I was just wondering where would you suggest I put my extra 3 heroic points, seeing as I'm a human? Cheers :)
  • Options
    deimar0deimar0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At what point does pvp become easier?

I'm still getting owned by TRs a lot (could also be that there are usualy 2-4 on each team...)

I'm only low 20s now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    deimar0 wrote: »

I'm still getting owned by TRs a lot (could also be that there are usualy 2-4 on each team...)

I'm only low 20s now.

I only PvP'd once or twice before 60 and that was while waiting for friends to catch up in levels so I can't really vouch for low level GF.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    kyros37kyros37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the information. Will definitely check it out more in depth later on.
  • Options
    nexfariousnexfarious Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not up 100% of the time. Let's say you're in a 1v1. As soon as you hit the person, you get the buff. Hitting him again does not refresh the buff. It only applies it once per new enemy. However, if you hit 1 person, got the buff.. waited the duration, then hit a new person you would get the buff again.
    solwrath wrote: »
    I have noticed that without the last point in Tactical Superiority, Combat superiority refreshes when someone hits you (well I assume this is the case because I have had the debuff up on monsters much longer than 15 seconds).
    If with the last point it does not refresh on the same target it seems to me an argument could be made for having only 4 points for fights longer than 15 seconds?

I would second this request for information. I'm soon going to be hitting 50-51 and want to make sure I don't gimp myself.

So the question is to anyone who has chosen this Tactical Superiority and can tell us if the mechanics of the skills change in any negative way when you get 5 points into it?
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013

I'm only low 20s now.

for me pvp was becoming easier at 30+.dmg start to get higther,better skill.TR can be a pain but you just need to know when to block and when to atk.you absolutly need to block that disarme skill or they will melt you.they are usualy pretty squishy and if you stun lock them,they usualy dont last long.
  • Options
    xheverxhever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sir envy, can you post the SS of your Equip windows ? just wondering what kind of item that you use, that if you dont mind ><
  • Options
    alz01alz01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any suggestions where a human running this build could place the extra feats?
  • Options
    sylektasylekta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey, loving the build so far

just a question, as a human i have 3 extra heroic points
    is 1 point into Grit worth it? the 1% temp HP is rubbish but later on with Wrathful Warrior its 15% dmg buff every 40 seconds if i am being healed, combined with Take Measure thats two sources of temp hp?

which leaves 2 points pin down maybe?
  • Options
    acykacyk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This guide are PvP or PvE?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xhever wrote: »
    sir envy, can you post the SS of your Equip windows ? just wondering what kind of item that you use, that if you dont mind ><

I posted a link to a SS of my current gear at the bottom of my first post.
    alz01 wrote: »
    any suggestions where a human running this build could place the extra feats?

Grit.
    acyk wrote: »
    This guide are PvP or PvE?

Both. This spec is, in my opinion, the best spec for both PvP and PvE currently.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    d00fenshmirtzd00fenshmirtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    hi, since im also doing a pvp damage build, what do u think about enchanting armors with the azure crit enchants? or should i do the power enchants (not gonna use soulforge for survivability).
  • Options
    synapse777synapse777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm only low 20s now.

I was getting owned pretty hard until the late 30's... once I got threatening rush and a decent weapon things got much better. From 37 to 40 I've been dominating pretty much everything.

I nearly gave up on the spec around 30, but decided to stick it out.
  • Options
    goodfellasxgoodfellasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sir envy do you use PVP set in PVP or you use your PVE set?
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jesus, those gauntlets are fantastic. Is there a full set? /drool
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To answer the last few questions;

You can't slow an azure stone into an armor slot, you have to put one of the armor enchantments like soulforged.

I use the same set for PvP and PvE currently. I'll get a PvE specific set soon.

These gauntlets are beast! I haven't been able to find more of a 'ice' set though.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Added an update at the bottom of my first post.

Youtube Channel