test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    j0nix wrote: »
    nice guide. Just curious about knight's challenge. Assuming this doesnt work in PVP, cause it would be absolutely mandatory/overpowered if it did. (the DPS boost)

I'm pretty sure it does work in PvP. However, it offers no utility. No slow, no gap closer, no interrupt. It's just a straight dps boost. You can Knight challenge someone all day but it wont matter if you cant hit them.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    maatisanmaatisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question in this build what stats take priority such as crit, armor pen, or recovery? I was thinking of stacking crit til a certain percentage like 40 then going armor pen and recovery.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maatisan wrote: »
    I have a question in this build what stats take priority such as crit, armor pen, or recovery? I was thinking of stacking crit til a certain percentage like 40 then going armor pen and recovery.

Youre not going to be able to get 40% crit as a GF. I'm stacking crit and I'm barely over 20%.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    maatisanmaatisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So stack crit first, about how mucch armor pen and recovery do you have? Also is deflection or life steal worth getting at all?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maatisan wrote: »
    So stack crit first, about how mucch armor pen and recovery do you have? Also is deflection or life steal worth getting at all?

I've ignored armor pen because there are so many armor reducing skills in the game that it's probably not the most efficient stat to stack. You should focus on gear that has power/crit/recovery. Lifesteal is awful. Deflection is ok if it's on a piece of gear, but I wouldn't go out of my way find it.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sciyobarusciyobaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, your name seems familiar, did you play RIFT? lol

with a cleric named Riyazen?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sciyobaru wrote: »
    Hmm, your name seems familiar, did you play RIFT? lol

with a cleric named Riyazen?

Thats me! Also played Aion as Envy and I play LoL as loleny.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sciyobarusciyobaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats me! Also played Aion as Envy and I play LoL as loleny.

N o o b! Where you been hiding? It's Riyazen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sciyobaru wrote: »
    N o o b! Where you been hiding? It's Riyazen.

Dude I used to log into AIM all the time to find you but you never were on! Add me in game Envy@supjeremiah. Mindflayer server.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    kmuracamikmuracami Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all, thank you for the detailed guide ... nice pvp video ...

Second. I rolled 16+2 str/16 con/12 dex/ 10/10/10 ... Can i have 25 Con with this initial status?

thank you.
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kmuracami wrote: »

Second. I rolled 16+2 str/16 con/12 dex/ 10/10/10 ... Can i have 25 Con with this initial status?

thank you.

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: You gain +1 in two attributes of your choice every 10 levels (30 and 60 gives +1 in all attributes). So if you're pumping CON and STR, you'll end with 24 STR / 22 CON. 25/23 with the campfire buff.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: You gain +1 in two attributes of your choice every 10 levels (30 and 60 gives +1 in all attributes). So if you're pumping CON and STR, you'll end with 24 STR / 22 CON. 25/23 with the campfire buff.

Is it bad for DPS GW ? for your point of view i mean ...
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the 16/16/12 roll gives the highest possible STR, so it should be fine. I went with the same attribute build actually.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Well the 16/16/12 roll gives the highest possible STR, so it should be fine. I went with the same attribute build actually.

I think its ok hehe

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kmuracami wrote: »

thank you.

I started with the same stats so no worries!

Youtube Channel

• Options
    nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Envy, comparing 18/16/12 to 16/18/12 (STR/CON/DEX), does the 2% extra damage really outweigh the bonus health from the other build?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nomad1506 wrote: »
    Envy, comparing 18/16/12 to 16/18/12 (STR/CON/DEX), does the 2% extra damage really outweigh the bonus health from the other build?

Im sitting comfortable at 31k health with my stat distribution and thats higher than most out there. I'm fine with it, but it's really what you would like better.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What race is best for a PvP-focused GF?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lexairr wrote: »
    What race is best for a PvP-focused GF?

I think the 3 best for damage are human, tiefling and orc. Humans get 3 extra heroic feat points. Tieflings do 5% more damage to targets under 50% health. Orcs get 5% crit severity, which will give you bigger numbers.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    srslyleonsrslyleon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering, when using your build in dungeons. Can I still tank and peel mobs for my group? or do they need another tank and I will just focus on dpsing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    srslyleon wrote: »
    I was wondering, when using your build in dungeons. Can I still tank and peel mobs for my group? or do they need another tank and I will just focus on dpsing?

You can tank t1s easy with this. T2s are a bit more difficult but I think you can maintank most encounters. However, its better if you find a main tank and you offtank/dps. You do everything a GWF does, only better.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    srslyleonsrslyleon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can tank t1s easy with this. T2s are a bit more difficult but I think you can maintank most encounters. However, its better if you find a main tank and you offtank/dps. You do everything a GWF does, only better.

Oh okay. Thanks for the awesome guide btw. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    I just got Neverwinter and I thought about making a GF DPS.. Ill be taking a look at this thread soon and adding my input once i've had appropriate time with the class.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Can full tanks be effective in PvP, or do you believe, at this point in the game, that the offtank/DPS is more effective for PvP?

Also, for T2, are groups accepting of an offtank/DPS?

Your guide also doesn't mention stats. What stats should I roll for? Str 13 Con 20 Dex 13 Int 8 Wis 10 Char 10?
  • Options
    gorulkgorulk Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this class and build will be fun as hell later on but in the mid twenties I just get endlessly kited and can barely do anything against most classes. Especially a CW. They just murder me for the most part unless that is they are already cc'd then I pretty much **** then and cain cc them. But I usually can't even touch them.
  • Options
    kkwzerokkwzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You only spent 20 Heroic Points. I am level 28 and already have 22 to spent, am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    kkwzero wrote: »
    You only spent 20 Heroic Points. I am level 28 and already have 22 to spent, am I doing something wrong?

you are an humain i guess?we get 3 feats point extra.im in the same situation now.i was thinking about puting 3pts on *pin down*.probably really good in pvp.
  • Options
    nottehfacenottehface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1000-0.png

1000 - 0 Anyone?
  • Options
    kkwzerokkwzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    you are an humain i guess?we get 3 feats point extra.im in the same situation now.i was thinking about puting 3pts on *pin down*.probably really good in pvp.

ah yes, human, thanks
  • Options
    exeter111exeter111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are you stacking crit on a power build? I've been leveling a gf with a similar build in mind. The class inherent lack of crit severely undervalues severity as a result. You should get far better dps/throughout from pure power or power/recovery setup.