test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues completely OP...PROOF. Taken in the last 2 hours of PvP Play.

Comments

• showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Honestly, it's the players not the class. I can roll a TR on my tank so easy. As a matter a fact, I can facestomp all classes on my gf. Level 34 from pvp only with 7.6k glory. :D Only trouble I get is 2 clerics with the right builds.

Sadly the forum is filled with scrubs who think there's this great imbalance and that rogue can use everything on their skill sheet when they - like everyone else - can only take 3 encounters 2 at wills and 2 dailies into a match. People say GWF is underpowered. I've seen GWF change the course of a match, more often than I've seen rogue who really impresses me. I've seen other control wizard wipe their floors with every class they come across and believe me I've seen effing clerics do the same.

Most importantly, I've seen team of rogue that couldn't kill anything to save their moms against a team of cleric + cw + gf. If Rogue really is as overpowered as they say, a team of 5 rogue should dominate pvp, should they not?

But they are not. Every game is about composition. How balanced your teams are. You get a full team of rogue? You dont have enough cc. You lose. No cleric? No heals. you lose (unless the enemy has no cleric/ bad cleric.) You have no GWF and GF? No point holder. you lose.

Have a bunch of **** teammate who linger around 1 node to chase after 1 enemy? (Mostly done by rogues) You lose.

Kills don't win you match. The point you earn don't win you match. It's the score at the end of the match that counts, and since CW can locked someone out of action to no end if coordinated well, they are actually the most deadly class in pvp right now but scrubs like OP - sorry to say - sees only damage and kills and personal score.

Oh well, im not complaining (not about rogue at least). I'm playing a CW and whatever they do to rogue it doesn't effect me. I'm just sad to see the amount of scrubs qqing on the forum making the game seem more unbalanced than it actually is.
    Yes because stealth in this game makes you un-targetable. Good one. Oh I forgot stealth also makes you immune to CC. Speaking of immune to CC why don't we ***** about GWF's because they get a CC immunity ability? You crybabies should seriously learn to play. As a CW i can't ****ing tell you how hilarious it is to watch a rogue try to not only kill me, but even get within striking distance. They literally should not be able to hit you one time. You play a tank? You have a ****ing shield. use it. You play a GWF? You have sprint, you have cc immunity that also makes you attack fast as hell. You play a cleric? Kite and heal while dps'ing. These things are not hard.

And that is what i meant by saying the forum is filled with baddies. They get melted by a dps class designed to do damage and cry about it on forums instead of learning to play their own class.
    urdefmad wrote: »
    Lol, I love rogue QQ threads. I rolled rogue to faceroll people, and these threads just confirms that. Thanks LoL

Scrubs are not people. They are scrubs.
    Play against any half decent CW and they're guaranteed to make you cry.
  • nigglesworth1nigglesworth1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mountain45 wrote: »
    ummm i have aGWF we have a dodge you do a rush move.

"Umm, no GWF doesnt have a dodge, they have a "move-out-of-aoe-only" move". Sprinting doesn't mitigate or dodge attacks like all the other classes do (except GF)

I love GWF, but only when theyre on the enemy team, and only when my team doesn't have any.
    Sadly the forum...... TLDR

Implies that the game is 100% balanced, in beta... my sides, lol.
  • showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Umm, no GWF doesnt have a dodge, they have a "move-out-of-aoe-only" move". Sprinting doesn't mitigate or dodge attacks like all the other classes do (except GF)

I love GWF, but only when theyre on the enemy team, and blah blah blah

Implies that the game is 100% balanced...blah blah

Hard to take your opinion seriously when you think GWF suck. Do yourself a favour and play pvp until later levels. Then you'd be praying to have one of them on your team.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You play a cleric? Kite and heal while dps'ing. These things are not hard.
    Ah, you've never played a cleric have you? Clerics cannot really heal themselves very well, only others.
  • doubleit86doubleit86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A brief counterpoint:

http://tinypic.com/r/35m4dfr/5
  • canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I am a Rogue and I hate CW....

so we shuld nerf CW too?

my god..... why do they let kids play this game...
    edited May 2013
    Hard to take your opinion seriously when you think GWF suck. Do yourself a favour and play pvp until later levels. Then you'd be praying to have one of them on your team.

Is it GWF tt has this huge aoe stun ? where they jump into the air and land?
  • lucienkorthuslucienkorthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the 29 bracket, I had around 7k hp, a TR opened on me for 5500, and I was locked out for the rest of my life. Since I cant teleport or cast at all, there is literally nothing I can do. He opened from stealth, and it was one on one, so i never so him coming so I couldnt dodge or block it.

Later on, for fun he just spammed his ranged at will at me. I blew every encounter power I have, the force choke, the stun included, and I died when he had 90% health. He did nothing but spam the at will.

So I thought, maybe this guy really worked on his gear.

Sent him some tells, his gear was not good, he did not know anything about playing the class. He wasn't even aware it was over powered.

So dont get into all this nonsense about "Oh man DPS classes can DPS" because its just that, nonsense.

I am a controller (CW) and I can except that I don't do a lot of damage in exchange for that control.

Yet rogues do all that damage, and when they fight you, you are constantly slowed and locked out of casting.
    And I dont even know what they get at higher levels.

And nothing says control of the battle field like being able to turn invisible.

Also cant quite understand why they got such a formidable ranged attack.

So they are the best dps, good control, good survivability, and when all else fails they can join in on ranged with everyone else.

So why not get a high vantage on them? Oh because they can teleport as high as any vantage points that exist in PvP, behind you, and open up with a lock out.

If all they did was damage, fine. There are counters to that. But they can open up for 9/10s of your health bar, and completely lock you out.
  • aedndorfaedndorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    Ah, you've never played a cleric have you? Clerics cannot really heal themselves very well, only others.

This is why most premades will start running 2 clerics, and a couple of BW most likely. as a GF rogues are really a non issue for me. if i die to one its basically my poor play that is the cause, since 99% of all rogues are predictable they are pretty easy to counter in a 1v1 situation.

I am not 60 yet, but the bigger issue with the minigame pvp is that the brackets fail to do what they intended, basically as a player if your on the low end of the bracket, your a waste of a spot, and when you hit the high end your godlike. The same pattern has repeated for me every 10 levels, from 29 through 49. This is due to the fact that cryptic did not create a 2nd system to balance pvp content around. The single system will never work as it stands.
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If all they did was damage, fine. There are counters to that. But they can open up for 9/10s of your health bar, and completely lock you out.

Doesn't change at lvl 60. :p Even if you have shield up, your are toast if the strike out of stealth and don't get me started about lvl 60 and daily powers.

PvE I can't complain, finish the first "elite" clockwork tower with 4 rogue and 1 cw but in pvp, lets say a typical cryptic game.........
  • tacc4990tacc4990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This just in: DPS Class does DPS and kills people. Can you believe it?!?

Try to kill anyone on a team with 2 clerics stacking overpowered blue circle that makes them take 0 damage. I unloaded on a cleric that was just STANDING there taking it for a good 15-20 seconds with every ability I had and was unable to get the cleric below 60%. Sounds like maybe it's the indian not the arrow. Stop blaming the class for you being terrible at PvP.
  • captiannemo2001captiannemo2001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like most rational people are saying it comes down to knowing your class that you picked out. If your supposed to be an expert at healing other people why would you complain about not being able to do lots damage?

The "unbalanced" nature of the game makes you depend upon TEAMWORK. I have had my butt saved as a Rouge running around in PvE by healers who just healed my as they were passing by. And I have run in and slammed NPCs that were pummeling other people in PvE to save their butt. Play your class and play it well and if you don't like it then make a new character to reflect what is really is that your are looking for and play that new class well. It's, as always, about the teamwork. World of Tanks? Teamwork will win you the game. We could go on and on and toss out EvE and many many others.

NEMO.
  • caballeroblanco3caballeroblanco3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bahaha, this guy.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously think maybe it's time to split the rules for PvP and PvE, because it always seems to be the PvP players that object (constantly, it will *never* end) to one or another balance issues. Something like a "modifier" for PvP zones.

IMHO it ruined Asheron's Call (before your time, most of y'all) and has damaged PvE on DCUO and others.

It would be incredibly inconvenient for casual PvP players, but it might calm the screaming hordes without making PvE a scrambled mess.

Also, a better tutorial (even optional, like a "PvP training" location) for taking advantage of class abilities and teamwork. D&D 4 was designed for groups of varied roles, solo or with unbalanced groups you get hosed.

Disclaimer: I don't play PvP at all.

If you do not PvP then do not reply on PvP threads... and FYI Asheron's Call was never ruined... that would require it to be good first. The game was horrible compared to almost every other MMO out at the time.

At least they do not have different stats for PvP like in some failed games. PvP is not balanced 1v1 and never should be... its about team work.
  • seveneight9seveneight9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacc4990 wrote: »

Try to kill anyone on a team with 2 clerics stacking overpowered blue circle that makes them take 0 damage. I unloaded on a cleric that was just STANDING there taking it for a good 15-20 seconds with every ability I had and was unable to get the cleric below 60%. Sounds like maybe it's the indian not the arrow. Stop blaming the class for you being terrible at PvP.

Clerics only heal from the "overpowered blue circle" with late game talents, so most people on the boards havent experienced clerics who are hard to kill yet.

Further, it misses the point of the thread completely. The point is not that rogues kill too well, that rogues do too much damage, or that rogues burst too high.

The point is that every class except for the rogue has huge glaring trade offs.

Clerics simply cant dps, have no mobility, and unless they go down the middle talent tree and pick up moon touched they have bad survivability. Lowest mobility in the game. What CAN they do? They can heal other people.

CW cant dps either, short of heavy aoe situations and a few burst skills like chill strike and daily powers. What can they do? Control like no ones business. As long as "no one" isnt popping CC immunities. How well the control succeeds determines survivability for them.

Fighters CAN take a beating. Like the control wizard, they arent going to dish out any kind of burst outside of 1 good encounter skill and a daily.

Rogues CAN dish out rediculous dps. At melee, AND at range. And they CAN dish out more CC than anyone besides the CW. And they can survive more than anyone with attacks from stealth that dont break stealth, 60-80 yard teleports, blood thirst immunity, and the previously mentioned CC. And no, it doesnt take some mythical build with every talent to make this happen.

There is no weakness to the rogue class in terms of survivability, cc, range damage, or mobility, to offset the great melee damage they do. They have it all. Thats what the thread is about.
    edited May 2013
    Clerics only heal from the "overpowered blue circle" with late game talents, so most people on the boards havent experienced clerics who are hard to kill yet.

Further, it misses the point of the thread completely. The point is not that rogues kill too well, that rogues do too much damage, or that rogues burst too high.

The point is that every class except for the rogue has huge glaring trade offs.

Clerics simply cant dps, have no mobility, and unless they go down the middle talent tree and pick up moon touched they have bad survivability. Lowest mobility in the game. What CAN they do? They can heal other people.

CW cant dps either, short of heavy aoe situations and a few burst skills like chill strike and daily powers. What can they do? Control like no ones business. As long as "no one" isnt popping CC immunities. How well the control succeeds determines survivability for them.

Fighters CAN take a beating. Like the control wizard, they arent going to dish out any kind of burst outside of 1 good encounter skill and a daily.

Rogues CAN dish out rediculous dps. At melee, AND at range. And they CAN dish out more CC than anyone besides the CW. And they can survive more than anyone with attacks from stealth that dont break stealth, 60-80 yard teleports, blood thirst immunity, and the previously mentioned CC. And no, it doesnt take some mythical build with every talent to make this happen.

There is no weakness to the rogue class in terms of survivability, cc, range damage, or mobility, to offset the great melee damage they do. They have it all. Thats what the thread is about.

Make it simple.. answer is no....

Rogues are squishy compared to GF and even clerics, so he simply has other skills to help him move...
    if u take tt away... u know what the effective dps of a dead rogue is? 0... yes even if u have 100k attack..
    u cant do sh*t if ur dead... so ur asking for the rogue to be a sitting duck? glass cannon?

and its not hard to kill one... CWs hold and the rest just hit...wont even take a while and the rogue is dead... its all about team work...

Range damage? the only range damage rogues have is the dagger throw thing..
    which has 12 charges.. and needs to wait for the charges to fill up...not to mention the pathetic damage.

btw as a rogue its hard 2 kill a CW...with their teleport and freeze and what not..afterall a rogue has 2 get up close .. and with each hit u take the stealth bar decreases..

IMO CWs own even more in PVP, they have a bigger stake in determining the outcome of the battle.
  • morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacc4990 wrote: »

Very well put, the indian made me laugh.

As of now every one are thinking of them selfs and there is no teamplay in pvp, rarly is in public pvp. If the rogues would defend their clerics and wizards then there would be much less crying, but yes, if you are jumped by 2 rogues you are not suppose to survive, if you do then there is a problem. Team play is everything and you can never expect that from a public match with random people of very different skill.
  • aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    O ****, dps oriented classes can dps? WTF is going on here?

Tell that to the bazillion rogue imbeciles whining that control wizards can control.
  • cruljincruljin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    So yeah I guess you guys are just such awesome players right? I decided to do PvP today and these are screen shots form the last 4 matches I did over the past 2 hours. I told myself I would post them no matter what even if I was wrong and I knew I wouldnt be. This stuff is getting plum predictable. DEVs can check my logs and verify this was done today if they want. Rogues are completely out of control and have WAY too much survivability for the damage they do. Please fix.

http://tinypic.com/r/25follh/5

http://tinypic.com/r/34e5hmr/5

http://tinypic.com/r/96ewjb/5

http://tinypic.com/r/24l8ln8/5

sorry man idk whats going on in those matches, I destroy in about 20 seconds any rouge in my way, even when they blow daily on me, cant damge what I block, other then them DCing me with smokebomb <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> constantly they are not even close to OP.
  • cruljincruljin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aevlom wrote: »
    Tell that to the bazillion rogue imbeciles whining that control wizards can control.

true that, let them sit back and cast and they cast like havoc, seem to be working as intened lol.
  • carlisingcarlising Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    15ouphu.png

So...clerics op now?
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    If you do not PvP then do not reply on PvP threads...

You could start your own forum and ban everyone in the universe from commenting on it if that would make you happy.
  • razerozerazeroze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    god these forums remind me why I ****ing hate forums.

I pvp a lot with my GFW. between the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets, the only thing I can fight one on one is another GFW. Out of curiosity I rolled a TR and now I'm face-stomping everyone with the exception of good CWs.

the "balance" for TRs is a joke. They are hands down the best class in the game in both PvE and PvP
  • katszckatszc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is most probably in teams that do not know how to focus target.
    I'm a CW and I usually ask my team to focus all rogues when I CC them (Due they do give me a hard time if they hit me with that disable that lasts for an eternity, though I rarely get hit by it lol) and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

razeroze wrote: »
    god these forums remind me why I ****ing hate forums.

I pvp a lot with my GFW. between the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets, the only thing I can fight one on one is another GFW. Out of curiosity I rolled a TR and now I'm face-stomping everyone with the exception of good CWs.

the "balance" for TRs is a joke. They are hands down the best class in the game in both PvE and PvP

That's the thing, this ain't a one on one game, you're doing it wrong.
    A good CW isn't someone who leaves the team and only knows when to dodge and can CC correctly, they are leaving the team, that makes them bad.
    CW is a CC class, the whole class is built around CC, they should be staying with the group in case of team fights where they are the most useful.

Same with TR, they are the damage class, they do the damage, a good rogue will know what targets to attack (DC's and CW's first in most cases) and if you're on the recieving end of a team with a good rogue, then the team needs to know how to focus target, when the rogue is out of the team fight, the damage to your team is significantly lower.
    edited May 2013
    katszc wrote: »
    OP is most probably in teams that do not know how to focus target.
    I'm a CW and I usually ask my team to focus all rogues when I CC them (Due they do give me a hard time if they hit me with that disable that lasts for an eternity, though I rarely get hit by it lol) and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

That's the thing, this ain't a one on one game, you're doing it wrong.
    A good CW isn't someone who leaves the team and only knows when to dodge and can CC correctly, they are leaving the team, that makes them bad.
    CW is a CC class, the whole class is built around CC, they should be staying with the group in case of team fights where they are the most useful.

Same with TR, they are the damage class, they do the damage, a good rogue will know what targets to attack (DC's and CW's first in most cases) and if you're on the recieving end of a team with a good rogue, then the team needs to know how to focus target, when the rogue is out of the team fight, the damage to your team is significantly lower.

No helping it lots of ppl have this mindset that PVP has always gotta be 1 on 1...

and to make things worse... just because they pvp a lot they have to already have mastered the class they are using...

epic logic...
  • morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    World of roguecraft all over again.
  • rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasted thread.... at 60 a wizard will insta cast, chain CC, with HARD cc's... the kind that say "stand there, do nothing, and get your face magically ripped off"..

take your complaints elsewhere (and pvp at 60 before you complain)
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    PvP is not balanced 1v1 and never should be... its about team work.

And you are right here. It should at the very least be rock paper scissors balance.
    The thing is, in that equation TR is is a pneumatic drill with no reliable counter class(except godlike CWs, but that can be negated by good TRs) except other TR

When you need more then 1 class to even chase off and not even kill other, then there is something seriously wrong with the balance and I'm pretty sure the only ones who think its fine are TRs themselves.
  • paidkillapaidkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What level bracket is this? Cause high up its the CW's dominating everyone. bet they smile even more when you cry rogue.
  • namenotusednamenotused Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, butthurt is butthurt, you got owned by a dps class, plain and simple. Just tells me your gear didnt stop much of his / her dmg and you paid for it.