test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues completely OP...PROOF. Taken in the last 2 hours of PvP Play.

Comments

• morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question, when you enter the battleground, you get boosted to the max lv of that bracket. Does this mean HP and damage boost or just HP. From what i noticed it was only HP.

I think most of this whine comes from lv 10-19 or 20-29 where people are so unbalanced it's not even worth talking about.
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP, butthurt is butthurt, you got owned by a dps class, plain and simple. Just tells me your gear didnt stop much of his / her dmg and you paid for it.

I'm sry at which point did I make this about me? Did I even say I was ever killed by a rogue? Plz Learn 2 read.
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    morlizer wrote: »
    Question, when you enter the battleground, you get boosted to the max lv of that bracket. Does this mean HP and damage boost or just HP. From what i noticed it was only HP.

I think most of this whine comes from lv 10-19 or 20-29 where people are so unbalanced it's not even worth talking about.

No. Don't assume.
  • kernaughkernaugh Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how everyone is saying how The Striker class should get the most kills and its normal, and what they dont see is that the striker class survives more than the healer and tank classes to get those kills. Now stop being stupid.
  • danielv125danielv125 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been through those kind of discussions in every mmo I've played in the last 10 years. Don't worry rogues will get nerfed, otherwise anyone who wants to pvp or be at the top of pve damage will roll one. And it's not like it takes a month to max level lol. That is a problem and it is happening right now, so the nerfbat is inevitable. Like it or not some kind of balance must be struck, otherwise the classes that aren't performing as well will become obsolete, which will seriously damage the game.
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kernaugh wrote: »
    Funny how everyone is saying how The Striker class should get the most kills and its normal, and what they dont see is that the striker class survives more than the healer and tank classes to get those kills. Now stop being stupid.

And whose fault is this?!?! You whiners whined about the clerics and we got 40% nerf on healing ourselves. The cleric can keep the rogue alive very nicely but not himself/herself.

**** you pvp-ers are so predictable... yet again swarming the forums with your cries for nerfs.

I need to find a game with no pvp, I'm sick of it always ruining my dungeon runs and raiding. PSO2 cannot come out soon enough.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in a match last night where this Rogue got 36 kills and 1 death. I tried to screenshot is but the stupid interface disappears when you do a screen shot. Honestly, that is insane. It is rare to even see a players kills in the teens, let alone in the 30s. If they could be killed, I wouldnt complain, but they arent squishy enough and they have too many ways to escape.
  • mystrich2690mystrich2690 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly my friend and I did our first PVP yesterday. As a Rogue he only got ranked in the middle. The enemy team was 3 or 4 wizards and they were demolishing. Our whole team would try to fight one and get wrecked without beating him.

Suddenly you're in a tornado, none of your skills work, in about 30 seconds, you're dead. Rinse, repeat for every party member.
    What happens when the Nashers get their hands on something that never should have been sold in the first place? Play Rotten Eggs to find out.

Rotten Eggs - First Quest in the Teeth of Tal'rakka Campaign
    NW-DQHISFEJF
  • hearthashearthas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's witchcraft I tell ya!
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG !! cmon, i see a rogue second with 1 kill and 4 death, we should make TR stronger!!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    No. Don't assume.

Well arent you assuming that all rogue are op because the first memeber in 4 pvp battle you did were rogue ?! (Even tough rogue were ALSO at the bottom of the list as the bad one ?)

Practice what you preach. And grow up, start trying to use that brain you got there...

Your little Guardian didnt outdamage a rogue, realy !?! omg thats realy unfair... the hell !?

edited May 2013
    carlising wrote: »
    15ouphu.png

So...clerics op now?

omg we should lower cleric damage AT ONCE!

edited May 2013
    Honestly my friend and I did our first PVP yesterday. As a Rogue he only got ranked in the middle. The enemy team was 3 or 4 wizards and they were demolishing. Our whole team would try to fight one and get wrecked without beating him.

Suddenly you're in a tornado, none of your skills work, in about 30 seconds, you're dead. Rinse, repeat for every party member.

that come back to what i said on another forum witch i wont because people obviously dont read forum they just complain on them...

Rogue are good against tank and cleric (because of their low damage_

Wizard and archer(opefully comme soon) are good against rogue..

Of course people will cry about the archer because OMG he do so much damage from so far and its unfair that the mage can barely touch the archer

and tank will also cry because... .tank = pve and people do a tank thinking they are going to rock pvp.... My gosh guy go back to pokemon, its more balanced.. .Or are yall gona cry that the fire element kill the forest one !? Shoot what are we gona do...... i think ima buy you all a tamagochi!

• l000piecesl000pieces Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if rogue's are that OP at the end but right now in 30-39 pvp i kill them with ease. I'm not a rogue nor CW :P
    Looking forward if I can still do the same after 40's.
  • h3rflikh3rflik Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    Hehehehe those replies here are funny as .... no comment.
    If something is killer class it dont mean it should have most kills, specialy if the game is balanced and skill based.
    In example if you got 3 HP and deal 3 DMG (striker) vs 9 HP and 1 DMG (tank) you will end up with same time to kill enemy, since one can take more hits and other can do more dmg per hit. In this case it will take exactly 3 hits to kill each other IF the game was balanced in this way. The person with better player skill and tactic would win.

Current state of this game is that TC do load of damage but they are nowhere squishy.
    Though people here are so hopeless that their brains usage go as far as "its killer class, it should have most kills".
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    Well arent you assuming that all rogue are op because the first memeber in 4 pvp battle you did were rogue ?! (Even tough rogue were ALSO at the bottom of the list as the bad one ?)

Practice what you preach. And grow up, start trying to use that brain you got there...

Your little Guardian didnt outdamage a rogue, realy !?! omg thats realy unfair... the hell !?

First off overwhelmingly Rogues are always at the top or near the top. If I wanted to nit-pick only the matches where rogues are 1,2,3 then I can do that too. The point was that I took screen shots of those matches objectively. They were taken as I played them no matter what the outcome. I let the chips fall as they may and yet it was still predictable. I'm not complaining about rogue DPS per say. I agree they should be high damage dealers but not with high survivability to boot. I'm not the only one that feels this way. Telling me to grow up is irrelevant to the argument and I'm not sure why you even went there other than to insult me. Lastly, I don't play a Guardian.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And so it begins. I picked a rogue cause I was a rogue in WoW and I wanted to see what it was like, and I like the class a lot! My DPS is quite high whenever I do dungeons, but IMHO that compensates for the fact of how squishy I am! I take so much damage if I'm not careful and use up my stealth and other CDs at the wrong times.

But I hope the devs won't start doing like what Blizzard does when a class is overpowered in PVP!

Please don't nerf the rogue class in PVE just because they are OP in PVP! If they are somehow OP in PVP, then please buff other class or nerf rogue abilities so they deal less damage to *players-only* !!!

Like if an attack is too powerful, then don't just cut it's DPS by 30%! Instead, add a nerf that says: "Will deal 30% less damage to players".

This is the first MMO in a long time that I've managed to enjoy more than WoW and I would hate to watch the PVE portion of the game die because classes need to be nerfed and ruined to be balanced in PVP!
  • azhrarn80azhrarn80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone mentioned there was a rogue nerf coming up but I never found any evidence of where he got that information. I do wonder why there are so many responses to people askinf for nerfs or whining about OP this and that. Just 1 answer suffices and has been stated out millions of times. Rogue is a Striker, the only singel target DPS class so far. So unless there are more DPS classes (single or AoE) out there should NEVER be any post about how OP rogues are.
    ~Blood Always Spills~
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    Like if an attack is too powerful, then don't just cut it's DPS by 30%! Instead, add a nerf that says: "Will deal 30% less damage to players".

This sounds like a good idea as it would allow the Devs to not have to worry about simultaneously balancing the exact same skill damage for both PvE and PvP.
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    And whose fault is this?!?! You whiners whined about the clerics and we got 40% nerf on healing ourselves. The cleric can keep the rogue alive very nicely but not himself/herself.

**** you pvp-ers are so predictable... yet again swarming the forums with your cries for nerfs.

I need to find a game with no pvp, I'm sick of it always ruining my dungeon runs and raiding. PSO2 cannot come out soon enough.

I know, right? It's always the rogue classes that moan the most about other people's survivability, somehow manage to get devs to nerf said survivability and then proceed to protest when they get called out for being over-powered after they've had everyone else weakened. I've seen it in every single mmo I've played that has pvp.
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    omg we should lower cleric damage AT ONCE!

It wouldn't surprise me if they did...
  • kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    So yeah I guess you guys are just such awesome players right? I decided to do PvP today and these are screen shots form the last 4 matches I did over the past 2 hours. I told myself I would post them no matter what even if I was wrong and I knew I wouldnt be. This stuff is getting plum predictable. DEVs can check my logs and verify this was done today if they want. Rogues are completely out of control and have WAY too much survivability for the damage they do. Please fix.

http://tinypic.com/r/25follh/5

http://tinypic.com/r/34e5hmr/5

http://tinypic.com/r/96ewjb/5

http://tinypic.com/r/24l8ln8/5

actually it proves nothing to base your crying on. u need data dude. geeshhh.
    "Drive it like u stole it"
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    And so it begins. I picked a rogue cause I was a rogue in WoW and I wanted to see what it was like, and I like the class a lot! My DPS is quite high whenever I do dungeons, but IMHO that compensates for the fact of how squishy I am! I take so much damage if I'm not careful and use up my stealth and other CDs at the wrong times.

But I hope the devs won't start doing like what Blizzard does when a class is overpowered in PVP!

Please don't nerf the rogue class in PVE just because they are OP in PVP! If they are somehow OP in PVP, then please buff other class or nerf rogue abilities so they deal less damage to *players-only* !!!

This is the first MMO in a long time that I've managed to enjoy more than WoW and I would hate to watch the PVE portion of the game die because classes need to be nerfed and ruined to be balanced in PVP!

Well, why not? They universally lowered healing by 40%...
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    Looking at the OP screenshots the Rogues dont seem that overpowered to me. The only one that looks like he is well in that match the entire blue team had good kills:death ratios.

In any case the big problem with all of these thing is Gear. As in all MMOs gear make a huge difference. Also unless this a lvl 60 match there's 9 level range of character levels as well so the rouge might be 9 lvls higher than the rest of the characters.
  • truedemonzutruedemonzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe the word you're looking for is skill. Maybe that particular person just... knows what they're doing?

http://puu.sh/2MILF
    http://puu.sh/2OfiG
    http://puu.sh/2NTJR
    http://puu.sh/2NTkY

In that last picture, I had my friend Mumay que up with me. When you have pro heals it's pretty hard to die when it's not lvl 60 pvp.
  • identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Indeed. Rogue are OP. In dungeons do triple overal damage than another class.
  • najitonajito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the worst game ever since Healers can Heal...and Tanks can tank... DPS Classes should've Healed...
    Thus the blade is swung down-
  • aytlasaytlas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is the Control wizzards!!!
  • stormspirit88stormspirit88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a few of things going on here.

1. Rogues will always be complained about until, or unless they are nerfed into uselessness. When people lose to a rogue, they take it personally.

2. Modern MMO's have homogenized the classes and their roles to the point that it's expected that a tank or a healing can out DPS a dedicated damage dealer.

Amazingly enough, some players can't wrap their heads around the idea that a *tank* is meant to absorb damage, not deal it in massive amounts. A controller is meant to be the teams source of crowd control, not deal damage, ect.

3. A Rogue is a lethal, dedicated damage dealer. They are the closers. They pick off wounded enemies with sudden critical hits. They have a huge advantage is you allow them to dictate the pace of the battle. They are difficult to deal with one on one.

And this is exactly what a rogue should be. A rogue slaughters you while you're smacking uselessly on a guardians shield. A rogue takes full advantage when the rest of his team stuns or knocks you down. *THAT* is the point and purpose of a rogue. Especially in a game where, currently, they are the only pure damage dealers outside of the great weapon fighter.

4. The line between effective and useless is razor thin for a Rogue. This is my primary concern. Rogues don't have armor or shields or magic to fall back on. This makes it very, very easy to see them nerfed to the point of ineffectiveness. Worse still, because so many come into every game with a prejudice against the class they are only too happy to see it happen.

Sadly I fully expect the devs to cave to the complaints, as it is with most MMOs that feature this class. Those who complain will continue to complain until they are face-rolling rogues in every pvp scenario and no longer dying to them.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what they should simply do is weighing the points for the various contributions differently..assists should give you more points while you could also add contributions such as heal (cant remember if its there), defend etc...