test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues completely OP...PROOF. Taken in the last 2 hours of PvP Play.

1235»

Comments

• katszckatszc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So sad how many rogues are around, downright annoying really, no healers nor tanks in pvp, luckily I don't meet too many premades so the line up is similiar on both teams, but when you meet a premade, you're going to have a hard time lol.

And the problem with rogues as I see it, their defense is too high for the damage and mobility+stealth, they go down fast if focused but, any good rogue won't get focused.

EDIT:
    Like above post, why so few objective points in Domination?
    You get for taking an area, killing and assists, you don't get any for guarding at all.
  • stormspirit88stormspirit88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then the solution is to BUFF the great weapon fighter, not nerf the rogue. The DPS classes should do the most damage, far and away.
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rogues r not op in this game...(pvp)
    seriously... rogue only strong attack (at-will) is Flurry which take huge time to cast , only unskilled players get hit by it
    and if rogue goes survive encounter skills then he lose his burst skills and do less dmg.
    and if he goes burst skills he can be stunned,CCEd,slowed,chilled or w/e easy.
    i dont know why u all crying on forums that TR is op in pvp. cuz he is not at all . i think he need buff for pvp actully...
    cuz some classes just facerolling him i will name few CW,Guardian and some more.
  • stormspirit88stormspirit88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    katszc wrote: »
    So sad how many rogues are around, downright annoying really, no healers nor tanks in pvp, luckily I don't meet too many premades so the line up is similiar on both teams, but when you meet a premade, you're going to have a hard time lol.

You will always have a hard time with premades, no matter what, for the simple fact that they actually tend to communicate with each other and go in with some semblance of strategy.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seriously, all these scrubs saying "striker suppose to do damage" needs to stfu and quit. OMG yes they are doing damage but they are also tanky as hell for the amount of damage they release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    So yeah I guess you guys are just such awesome players right? I decided to do PvP today and these are screen shots form the last 4 matches I did over the past 2 hours. I told myself I would post them no matter what even if I was wrong and I knew I wouldnt be. This stuff is getting plum predictable. DEVs can check my logs and verify this was done today if they want. Rogues are completely out of control and have WAY too much survivability for the damage they do. Please fix.

http://tinypic.com/r/25follh/5

http://tinypic.com/r/34e5hmr/5

http://tinypic.com/r/96ewjb/5

http://tinypic.com/r/24l8ln8/5

These pictures prove nothing. First pic showed a rogue in your party with 1 kill and 4 deaths. I've seen plenty of CW with more kills then the rogues. If anything you're probably up against players making their second or third toon with better gear and know what they are doing.
  • truedemonzutruedemonzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And the problem with rogues as I see it, their defense is too high for the damage and mobility+stealth, they go down fast if focused but, any good rogue won't get focused.

EDIT:
    Like above post, why so few objective points in Domination?
    You get for taking an area, killing and assists, you don't get any for guarding at all.

I'm trying to win the match, not stack points. My team mates can cap while I keep everyone busy at mid or elsewhere or pick off valuable targets.

EDIT: 2 of those games were solo que. In games like that I tend to just keep people dead and pray my team is smart enough to stand on towers. Usually they aren't, but I digress.
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    There were enough TRs in those screenshots that *didn't* get near the top.
    Presumably, the less skilled ones. The ones who aren't good enough to do much damage, and have **** all utility... because they don't.
    edited May 2013
    You will always have a hard time with premades, no matter what, for the simple fact that they actually tend to communicate with each other and go in with some semblance of strategy.

Hard time ye, but at least higher chance to win if you have a healer+tank. :P
    Don't know how many times I've been in teams with 4 rogues lol.
    edited May 2013
    I'm trying to win the match, not stack points. My team mates can cap while I keep everyone busy at mid or elsewhere or pick off valuable targets.

EDIT: 2 of those games were solo que. In games like that I tend to just keep people dead and pray my team is smart enough to stand on towers. Usually they aren't, but I digress.

I try win the match too, I often stand in mid using repel to get other of the platform, but I don't get anything for doing so, except (Hopefully) a win, which yes, I like, and will continue to do this even without points, the point is to win anyway.
    However, the less points and whatever else it checks, the less rewards you get, you can sit at mid guarding for an eternity, but if no enemy shows up, say both teams fighting over 1 or 3, you get nothing and could've been afk the whole game lol.

Err, sorry for double post, was posting too fast lol.
  • pussyinbootspussyinboots Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****! im always at top as a cleric that suxs for you bro! oh btw kills doesnt matter for scores....
  • truedemonzutruedemonzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try win the match too, I often stand in mid using repel to get other of the platform, but I don't get anything for doing so, except (Hopefully) a win, which yes, I like, and will continue to do this even without points, the point is to win anyway.
    However, the less points and whatever else it checks, the less rewards you get, you can sit at mid guarding for an eternity, but if no enemy shows up, say both teams fighting over 1 or 3, you get nothing and could've been afk the whole game lol.

Err, sorry for double post, was posting too fast lol.

Sorry, I misunderstood your other post.
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Serves them right for standing there and letting rogues attack them...
    edited May 2013
    redstorm55 wrote: »
    Serves them right for standing there and letting rogues attack them...

Any half-decent rogue doesn't have trouble killing moving targets.
  • canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Any half-decent rogue doesn't have trouble killing moving targets.

any half decent other class shuld not have trouble evading rogue's attacks
    even my 3 year old nephew could do it.

=_=
  • ashenedictashenedict Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rofl, I love the people here pretending to be veteran gamers and blaming the WoW generation for wanting balance. I've played for years with Veterans that actually know what the hell they're doing and they agree there needs to be balance.

All I have seen in this threat are people presenting good arguments for why there should be balance and then the truly elitist pricks screaming from the roof tops that balance is a bad thing; I assume they all play rogues. Firstly, balance DOES NOT equal homogenization. Are you seriously saying that making a character choose between damage and survivability is homogenization? If you actually think that, then you really need to read up on what that term actually means and stop being a ****ing moron.

There are three main fields of stat that exists: Damage, Survival, and CC. No class should excel at two of these things. If you have high damage, GG you're squishy and lack CC. Decent health and CC? Cool! you don't excel overly hard at either, so they count as one and you get to be a professional thorn in the enemies side.

TL:DR - Rogues are ****ing broken and your "veteran" idea of balance is ****ing stupid. Try playing a Cleric and sing the same tune about rogues.
  • lordhavocthe1stlordhavocthe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is totally nonsense, please dont talk about the balance in PvP unless you have reached lvl 60, are fully geared up and played at least 50 PvP Games.

PvP is imbalanced on the lower lvls, due to lvl difference and HUGE differences in items. PWE should not waste their time balancing PvP at lower levels, since you can reach lvl 60 in a fair amount of time anyway.
    Rogues are far from imbalanced between equally geared players.
    For example, a mage can dodge nearly every spell of the rogue by just pressing shift (Yes, even Dazing Strike and Lashing Blade out of stealth). A good cleric is nearly unkillable and a GF totally ****s on the rogue, if he knows what he is doing.

At the moment the most players have only played one class and dont know how to counter other classes properly. But if you play with two good teams, you will recognize that Rogue is one of the most difficult classes to play. They are only good for pubstomping ppl who dont know how to dodge properly (for general information: it s the shift key).

So in sum you have to say that in the current state of PvP Rogues are NOT op. The only class, which is really op at the moment is the CM.
    Another important part in PvP will be enchantments. In some days more ppl will have them on their weapons and we will see how this influences the balance in PvP.