test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• robbyspryrobbyspry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a way for members of a guild to put together daimonds for use with unlocking guild storage? It seems a bit unfair that the person who started the guild has to pay for this himself. But there doesn't seem to be a way to trade daimonds directly with other players.
  • mrdwarfymrdwarfy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I buy zen during a Beta weekend, Do I get to keep that Zen when the game goes out of open beta or will it dissapear after the beta weekend ends?
  • aarktheripperaarktheripper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was curious if the players would have the ability to customize their characters through skills and feats to make there own unique classes or is each class designed specifically to be used a certain way?

I only ask because I saw the class descriptions and it didn't say 'Fighter', 'Rogue' or 'Wizard' instead saying 'Great Weapon Fighter', 'Trickster Rogue' and 'Control Wizard'.

Was just wondering if we'd be able to make a Fighter designed to use bows, a Wizard that excels at damage spells or a Rogue that can tank. You now, the freedom to make gimps or really unique characters that work.
  • artlas1994artlas1994 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would like to know if it is possible to change language in the game, please...
  • sprawl141sprawl141 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Answered with your own post. Please see that FAQ again and read the rest of that sentence :) It states when the wipe will occur and after that time which there will be no wipes. I'll leave it up to you to find that date :)

so the FAQ says game is in open beta but there will be character wipe at release which is still listed as "early 2013"? so why are people spending real money on stuff for their characters in beta if it gets wiped? And why did the article I read say it was a soft release with no wipe?

here is the article for reference:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/30/neverwinters-open-beta-soft-launches-today/
    Is soft launch merely a marketing construct, or perhaps devspeak for a free-to-play MMO that operates in some sort of perpetual beta in spite of a working cash shop? Or is it simply a term that denotes the beginning of an open beta period that is free of character wipes, as is the case with today's Neverwinter pseudo-release?
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sprawl141 wrote: »
    so the FAQ says game is in open beta but there will be character wipe at release which is still listed as "early 2013"? so why are people spending real money on stuff for their characters in beta if it gets wiped? And why did the article I read say it was a soft release with no wipe?

here is the article for reference:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/30/neverwinters-open-beta-soft-launches-today/

IF they wiped it, I wouldn't really care, because their practice is to replace what they wipe. This happened int he closed Beta as well. Spent some money on Zen for closed beta characters. When they did the wipe, the zen went back on the account and it was able to be used again. So if they did wipe I would actually be happy, because there are a few things I would have done differently in my spending as far as bags and such, and would happily pounce on the chance to be able to re-do it. Also, if they did a wipe, they would most likely (and properly so) give the Founders their 5 day (HoTN) and 3 day (Guardian) (Wait is it 2 day?) head starts again, which is also fine with me, as the head starts are for the purpose of . . . well . . . a head start.

Either way, however, Cryptic has stated in this thread and these forums that there will be no more wipes after April 25th, which is already past. The article you linked is third party and not an official publication of Cryptic. This web site is. One example lies here when the same question was asked:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?117801-Neverwinter-Open-Beta-begins-April-30-2013!&p=1681481&viewfull=1#post1681481
    You will keep your characters when we begin Open Beta for early access on April 25th.

So, no wipe, and even if there was, money would not be wasted, because the resources stay on your account even with a wipe :)
  • ghasthuntersghasthunters Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do I make a guild? I have 5 players who are not in a guild already. I am at the guild bank, and the 5 people are all on my same instance and on the same map. The guild bank still does not let me create a guild
  • sprawl141sprawl141 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IF they wiped it, I wouldn't really care, because their practice is to replace what they wipe. This happened int he closed Beta as well. Spent some money on Zen for closed beta characters. When they did the wipe, the zen went back on the account and it was able to be used again. So if they did wipe I would actually be happy, because there are a few things I would have done differently in my spending as far as bags and such, and would happily pounce on the chance to be able to re-do it. Also, if they did a wipe, they would most likely (and properly so) give the Founders their 5 day (HoTN) and 3 day (Guardian) (Wait is it 2 day?) head starts again, which is also fine with me, as the head starts are for the purpose of . . . well . . . a head start.

Either way, however, Cryptic has stated in this thread and these forums that there will be no more wipes after April 25th, which is already past. The article you linked is third party and not an official publication of Cryptic. This web site is. One example lies here when the same question was asked:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?117801-Neverwinter-Open-Beta-begins-April-30-2013!&p=1681481&viewfull=1#post1681481

So, no wipe, and even if there was, money would not be wasted, because the resources stay on your account even with a wipe :)

ok then this FAQ is wrong and needs to be updated then. or the FAQ is considering open beta early access, either way, it's confusing.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    How do I make a guild? I have 5 players who are not in a guild already. I am at the guild bank, and the 5 people are all on my same instance and on the same map. The guild bank still does not let me create a guild

There must also be level 15+

sprawl141 wrote: »
    ok then this FAQ is wrong and needs to be updated then. or the FAQ is considering open beta early access, either way, it's confusing.

Hmm, missed that one. When that part was written we were unsure of the Open Beta Details.
    There will be no wipe after Open Beta.

this game is going to be closed

Well, that's your opinion.
    However please don't post links to threads closed by moderators.

Thanks for keeping this thread informed fazemladaiya. I check here now an again but you always answer before I get a chance. Thanks for your support to the community!
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, missed that one. When that part was written we were unsure of the Open Beta Details.
    There will be no wipe after Open Beta.

Thanks for keeping this thread informed fazemladaiya. I check here now an again but you always answer before I get a chance. Thanks for your support to the community!

Thank you so much for clarifying that, Ambi. And many thanks for the appreciation. I tend to be blunt to a fault sometimes (rubs off on some the wrong way) but I like to help :)
  • teedlle7117teedlle7117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i just bought the founder pack i was wondering how i am able to get my items because i cant seem to find it any help would be appreciated thanks!
  • okiseznookisezno Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will be the game in spanish languaje? thx
  • artlas1994artlas1994 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And in italian language?
  • groxygroxy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there be a character wipe ?

I mean:
    Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?

Yes.

But when is the "Headstart" ? Is the Open Beta or is the official launch not yet released ?

OMG I don't wanna lose my char :(
    edited May 2013
    groxy wrote: »
    Will there be a character wipe ?

I mean:

But when is the "Headstart" ? Is the Open Beta or is the official launch not yet released ?

OMG I don't wanna lose my char :(

Head Start happened already. We startedon the 25th. Guardians the 27th. Then everyone else went live the 30th. You are safe :)

So i just bought the founder pack i was wondering how i am able to get my items because i cant seem to find it any help would be appreciated thanks!

If you were logged in when you bought the pack, it should have flagged you automatically. One way to verify is, while logged in, visit the Neverwinter Founder's pack page. If the "Buy Now" buttons are grayed out and instead a message is there saying "Thank you for supporting us" (or something to that regard) you are good.

In game, once your character is past the tutorial and in Protector's Enclave, visit the Founder merchant (directly West of Sgt. Knox). Click the "reclaim" tab in his store and see if your items are there for access.

Also, other users have reported that they have been getting their items in the mail as they leveled between 5 and 10th level. If you do not have these in-game mails by level 10, I would start checking with support to find out why.

The mail courier is marked n your city map as well and is located near the marketplace/exchange.

okisezno wrote: »
    Will be the game in spanish languaje? thx

You asked this multiple times already on these forums, and in this thread a few times already I think. My advice would be to submit a support ticket asking this or wait patiently for a Dev to answer. Repeating the same post multiple times might be considered spamming by their standards.

If it helps, I THINK (I am unsure as I only used English for my systems so far) that your operating system's language dictates certain text in game, such as chat (I constantly see German spammed when someone gets a nightmare horse for instance), however I am unsure about vocal and dialog boxes. If anyone else has input on this, I am sure it would be appreciated for the ones asking about Spanish and Italian.
  • neosirineosiri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great FAQ =)
  • toastymuffinstoastymuffins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is helpful
  • ilnezilnez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if I buy a founder's pack today, I can keep my diamonds forever right? 0 chance of a character wipe?
  • druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, couldn't find it in search, there should be a sticky thread with this stuff for newbies, and I can't start a new thread asking so I guess I have to spam other threads until I can start my own.

How the hell do you find out what my handle is? I have friends I want to meet up in game, they tell me I need my handle, and I have no idea how to find it. They tell me it's my login/username, but there's no @ in my username, and I log in using my email.

The other thing is when can I start a thread? I realize it's to prevent new account spamming, but there is zero info, when I click "forum rules" at the bottom, I am greeted with the most un-helpful set of forum rules I've ever seen:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/misc.php?do=showrules
  • pikpretapikpreta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi, i want to know if have some way to move a character form server to other server, i would like to do that to play with some friends, i have a character in mindflayer and would like to move for beholder if is possible, any way thank you for the attention see ya.
  • trexxerztrexxerz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure where to put this, as I dont use forums very often, but as a design for control wizards, strictly just to look cooler, i think when idle that the orb should float around the character, instead of just sitting in one spot. Anyone else agree with this?
  • ilnezilnez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is the last day to buy a founder's pack?

Also 100% sure no reset right? So if I buy one I can keep my diamonds during the launch?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    pikpreta wrote: »
    hi, i want to know if have some way to move a character form server to other server, i would like to do that to play with some friends, i have a character in mindflayer and would like to move for beholder if is possible, any way thank you for the attention see ya.

The shards are temporary. They will be combined into one shard in time but since they are a temporary issue there is no way to transfer characters between shards.

ilnez wrote: »
    When is the last day to buy a founder's pack?

Also 100% sure no reset right? So if I buy one I can keep my diamonds during the launch?

No more wipes.
    The Founder Program ends 5/30. Become a Founder now before it's too late: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/
    edited May 2013
    ilnez wrote: »
    So if I buy a founder's pack today, I can keep my diamonds forever right? 0 chance of a character wipe?

There will be no more wipes.

druga1757 wrote: »
    How the hell do you find out what my handle is? I have friends I want to meet up in game, they tell me I need my handle, and I have no idea how to find it. They tell me it's my login/username, but there's no @ in my username, and I log in using my email.

The other thing is when can I start a thread? I realize it's to prevent new account spamming, but there is zero info, when I click "forum rules" at the bottom, I am greeted with the most un-helpful set of forum rules I've ever seen:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/misc.php?do=showrules

1) It is normally your forum display name.
    2) There is no information on purpose. It's a layer of security against bot spam. If you can't post a new thread after a week or so then feel free to contact support and they will be happy to assist you. :)
    3) Yeah, don't use those rules. They are the VBulletin standard rules last I checked. Our rules can be found as a global announcement on every forum section.
  • druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    There will be no more wipes.

1) It is normally your forum display name.
    2) There is no information on purpose. It's a layer of security against bot spam. If you can't post a new thread after a week or so then feel free to contact support and they will be happy to assist you. :)
    3) Yeah, don't use those rules. They are the VBulletin standard rules last I checked. Our rules can be found as a global announcement on every forum section.
    To be specific, it's [character name]@[forum name], and I finally found this info my right clicking my portrait in the upper left hand corner in game. There has GOT to be a better way to convey this info, or find it, especially if it's "usually" your forum name, and not "always" your forum name, bc god forbid it's something else. spent hours just trying to find out this simple piece of info.
    edited May 2013
    druga1757 wrote: »
    To be specific, it's [character name]@[forum name], and I finally found this info my right clicking my portrait in the upper left hand corner in game. There has GOT to be a better way to convey this info, or find it, especially if it's "usually" your forum name, and not "always" your forum name, bc god forbid it's something else. spent hours just trying to find out this simple piece of info.

Fortunately, you do not need the character name to add a friend. Just the @name. And there is a very easy way to find this info. In your chat settings, enable the display of all pieces of information. I usually throw in time stamps, channel names, etc. But one of the options is to display the @name of everyone chatting . . . including your own. Do this, type something and voila . . . your @name.

EDIT: meant to say this is, of course, in game and not the forums for this information.
    edited May 2013
    Fortunately, you do not need the character name to add a friend. Just the @name. And there is a very easy way to find this info. In your chat settings, enable the display of all pieces of information. I usually throw in time stamps, channel names, etc. But one of the options is to display the @name of everyone chatting . . . including your own. Do this, type something and voila . . . your @name.

EDIT: meant to say this is, of course, in game and not the forums for this information.
    I appreciate your and ambi's help, but you can't tell me this is a easy way of finding out this info? I have to have prior knowledge of a game setting tweak to find out info that should be clearly listed without needing to jump through hoops.

I'm no game designer, but usually I found the best place to find info is in the corresponding menu. This, being a character/ingame account name issue, lets try the character window. Nope. Ok, how about the social window? Nope. Oh, I know, the mail, it should list the "from" right? Nope. "Home" menu? Nope. Ah, character select screen? Nope.

Didn't want to get like this, but something as simple as finding out my in game account name has turned into realizing that the game really is deficient in conveying this pretty simple, but important piece of information.
  • alreadytakentooalreadytakentoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,
    Can you tell me if I can do a lower level instance as a level 60? I haven't tried yet, but my kids would like to see the instances. I don't want to turn them loose on randoms they don't know. I will, however, if there's no mechanism by which I can help them :)

If it will let me zone into a low level instance with my kids, what level will the mobs be?
    Someone said in another thread that they did an instance in which the mobs were 6 levels above them, so maybe they scale up, but not down?

Anyway, thank you for any insight.
  • glyph69glyph69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I was looking through the character creator and notice a couple of the more interesting (dark) gods were missing for our characters to worship.

For example, Shar and Bane.

I was wondering if we were going to see these deities in the character creator eventually? I mean it really does not make since to create a Character from Netheril when there's no option to worship Shar since she happens to be the deity that influences that region especially.

Figured it'd be worth asking.
  • scorpioneragazzascorpioneragazza Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I have a problem but I couldn't fix it. I have 2 characters one of them named Gweenn Windsailor I didn't like the classes then I wnted to delete it but when I wrote the whole name the OK button. how can I delete my character??
This discussion has been closed.