Options

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    wengleng wrote: »
    still cant connect been almost 10 hours :(

if you have had problems connecting for the last ten hours you should have submitted a support ticket since most of us have been within the last 10 hours.
  • Options
    matttt17matttt17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh weird. Did they put your timezone in the times?

Nope, didn't think so.
  • Options
    warloqwarloq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YEEEEEAAAAAAAH. A beta game doesn't charge you real-world money for in-game items.

How convenient.
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :)
  • Options
    kellenfukellenfu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    ...You stupified yourself...

Learn to write English.

'Murica.
  • Options
    xerryxxerryx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They also took down Holodeck (STO) so the issue must have been important. I would rather them fix the issues now, even if its during prime play time, rather than having some catastrophic crash that turns into rollbacks (or worse).
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ezbee wrote: »
    this makes up for the eu times youve been doing them at.

I hope you continue to enjoy the regular, scheduled outages during YOUR prime time for regular maintenance every week :-)
  • Options
    ejacutronicejacutronic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scrivean wrote: »
    I agree, why schedule in a prime time 8-12?

They said it was to address stability issues which is code for the servers are borderline max capacity. They probably need to re size and re-allocate resources. The beta is going better than anticipated.

Basically, it's either emergency server maintenance during primetime for 4 hours, or non-stop server crashes until the regularly scheduled maintenance. They are making the right call by doing this now and losing 4 hours instead of losing all day sunday and the remainder of saturday due to non-stop crashes.

Cut the guys some slack. Every MMO goes through these growing pains. You have no idea how expensive it is to have massive unallocated resources jut "standing by". For those of you who had the joy of trying to log in to diablo 3 during launch, that **** show COULD have been avoided with the kind of emergency maintenance that is happening right now with Neverwinter.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, breathe people.

Let's just say, they listened to all the people *****ing and did not bring down the servers. Then, in an hour or so, the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hits the fan and the servers all crash again, and it takes them say 8-10 hours to fix...would that be a better choice?

They are not doing this to purposely take a giant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your coffee, there is obviously some major issue they are either attempting to fix, or prevent from happening.

Does this suck? Hell yes it does, and I'm in the US. Was just settling down to do some dungeons with my guild. However, I'm not naive enough to think that this was "planned". <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens, we have to deal with it. In 4 hours or so, everything will be back and we can continue to enjoy our game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skullncrossskullncross Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And thats why its called Open Beta in beta things need sorting out and at all manners of hours now im in the uk and my prime time is between 00:00am-07:00am and do you see me qqing no whats the worse thing that could happen a total wipe and all start again now that would get you all talking wouldnt it as its beta and anything goes but having beta tested sto I know the problems that they have to endure.I'm sure some think problems go away if left alone they dont.
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Taking a server down at 8-12 PM PST, even though I personally go out Saturday nights, is really stupid. Also this is a NA server in my opinion, so catering to EU........no thanks. Just enjoy the 4 hour break, get out of the house for a bit, you wont burn the sun is not out for NA.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Completely understandable. Thank you for the heads up.
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*
  • Options
    steezyfalconsteezyfalcon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn, servers come back up at 2AM for me :(
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's Saturday night.. go out with friends while downtime is going on :)

Naahh... when you are 38, married and everyone you know is married you go out early evening and game during prime time.
  • Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    frustration_relief2.gif?w=482&h=584

this is what some of need with folks so focused on the time of maintenace.
  • Options
    phukjoomangphukjoomang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They said it was to address stability issues which is code for the servers are borderline max capacity. They probably need to re size and re-allocate resources. The beta is going better than anticipated.

Basically, it's either emergency server maintenance during primetime for 4 hours, or non-stop server crashes until the regularly scheduled maintenance. They are making the right call by doing this now and losing 4 hours instead of losing all day sunday and the remainder of saturday due to non-stop crashes.

Cut the guys some slack. Every MMO goes through these growing pains. You have no idea how expensive it is to have massive unallocated resources jut "standing by". For those of you who had the joy of trying to log in to diablo 3 during launch, that **** show COULD have been avoided with the kind of emergency maintenance that is happening right now with Neverwinter.

Well said. And being a part of many, many, many, many, MMO server launches from Ultima and EverQuest, to um now, this is one of the better Open Beta's I have been in. Anyone remember the nightmare that was Vanguard? Cryptic Studios/Perfect World, Keep doing an upstanding Job.
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Maintenance in the middle of prime time Saturday? WTH is wrong with you?

We get one, ONE Saturday a week and you decide to do maintenance in the 8-12 time? You couldn't do it earlier/later/tomorrow?

Good god, unreal.

You do realize if there's a critical error in one of the updates, they can't put off maintenance because it inconveniences you, nor should they. And they shouldn't have to apologize for it, either.
  • Options
    mundanedannymundanedanny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance for an ETA on this downtime? I see absolutely nothing on that other than 8pm PDT. I mean, foundry was down all day. . . I'm out and about for 6-8 hours to come back to servers completely down. Give us a bone -_-
  • Options
    embryodead666embryodead666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just woke up from a nap excited to play the game. I've played MMOs since 1998 and been through many a launch so I don't really care all that much I am just disappointed because I wanted to play very badly tonight. Great game, thank you for everything Cryptic.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    Taking a server down at 8-12 PM PST, even though I personally go out Saturday nights, is really stupid. Also this is a NA server in my opinion, so catering to EU........no thanks.

It has nothing to do with "catering to EU" sheesh. This is not their normal maintenance period. Obviously they felt they had to do it now or it would more than likely have crashed. Everything is a conspiracy around here...
  • Options
    only1klonly1kl Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    All of you people whining about maintenance tonight need to grow up. If the game crashed hard during these hours you would be here, on the forums, complaining that they could have done a better job doing maintenance. Now that they are taking steps to fix issues and make the game better for the launch, you are still complaining. Stop being a bunch of entitled little crybabies and do something else in the mean time? Go read a book, watch TV, play a different game. What ever else you want to pass the time. Your destructive comments are demoralizing and come off as extremely childish.
  • Options
    undeadranqeundeadranqe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    Taking a server down at 8-12 PM PST, even though I personally go out Saturday nights, is really stupid. Also this is a NA server in my opinion, so catering to EU........no thanks. Just enjoy the 4 hour break, get out of the house for a bit, you wont burn the sun is not out for NA.

Where does it state "This is a NA server" ?
    Stop crying and go eat some chilli dogs.
  • Options
    oldheadoldhead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad move to schedule a down time during USA prime time.
  • Options
    atalantamatalantam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn, I was going to play before bed (omg this game is addicting!) I guess I will just go to bed and wake up tomorrow morning to play some more lol
    Home of the Amazons - Play a female character?
    Server: Mindflayer
    [EST 2008. A themed community of gamers & roleplayers]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkangel66699darkangel66699 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only reason it sucks for me is I have to work weekends. So I go to work, want to play come home 4 hour maintenance. Have to go to bed at 12 to get up to work again...I know I am just griping but it makes me feel better. That and the fact the servers crashed the night before and I didn't get to play after work then as well...again just griping, but the only reason I am griping is because I like the game lol :D
  • Options
    kingcrimsonekingcrimsone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why schedule a maintenance window during prime time on a Saturday night? :confused:
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance for an ETA on this downtime? I see absolutely nothing on that other than 8pm PDT. I mean, foundry was down all day. . . I'm out and about for 6-8 hours to come back to servers completely down. Give us a bone -_-

It says in the title, 8 PM - Midnight PDT.
  • Options
    ironredeironrede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I take this as very promising - the response to public beta has the server racks smoking, turning red and threatening to burst into flames - and the company is taking the necessary steps to fix it now rather than try to poor-boy it. The only thing they might consider doing differently is work their communication channels a bit harder to try and assuage the slavering hordes desperately banging their passwords into the login screen... again... and again... and again.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And thats why its called Open Beta in beta things need sorting out and at all manners of hours now im in the uk and my prime time is between 00:00am-07:00am and do you see me qqing no whats the worse thing that could happen a total wipe and all start again now that would get you all talking wouldnt it as its beta and anything goes but having beta tested sto I know the problems that they have to endure.I'm sure some think problems go away if left alone they dont.

Once they start taking real money from real customers they can't use the whole "beta" cover thing any more. Money is money and when they start taking it the game is LIVE. They can call it whatever they won't, but once money changes hands they can't hide behind the veil of "oh it's just a test, please be patient."

This launch has been pretty good so far, but the extended outages during prime time isn't endearing them to their new and growing player base. Here's hoping they get past it in the next week or so because I'm really enjoying this game. I hope it succeeds since it's the first MMO that has kept me up until 2:00 AM since vanilla WoW back in the day.
This discussion has been closed.