test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    tengiietengiie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA f
  • Options
    lordoboneslordobones Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take a break, see you guys in 3-6 hours. :)
  • Options
    walmartgoonwalmartgoon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully they finish earlier than expected. Time to do hw.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am the fortune teller Marella Zerella, I forsee many chargebacks in your future.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, I quit star wars over doing 'planned' maintenance on a weekend evening... I wasn't quite as invested in 'that' game, as I am in this one. ($60 vs hero of the North + added Zen,) so, of course, I'll not be tossing in the towel - but it certainly is saddening that I'm not able to play -

on the one hand, kudo's to you for having a game that I enjoy so much that I'll certainly be back, on the other... I really hope that you get this to a point that it will handle the traffic, so that you don't have to pull it down, (conveniently,) right when you'd have 'the most traffic'.

kk, off to catch up on T.V. or something.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I bet you are wrong.
    500 million live in the EU thats more than the USA...I know many of my gamer pals who are loving this game so far.

Yea 500M live in the EU and 400M of them don't even have computers. These games are written specifically for the US market, sorry if you don't like it, but that's a fact.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance in the middle of prime time Saturday? WTH is wrong with you?

We get one, ONE Saturday a week and you decide to do maintenance in the 8-12 time? You couldn't do it earlier/later/tomorrow?

Good god, unreal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gevauldingevauldin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meh just go farm dilithium in sto and trade it for zen
    ...play through the pain...
  • Options
    mannerothemannerothe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand about the maintenance. No biggie.

What I'm wondering about is, why is everyone asking for a server merge? Isn't it crowded enough? Zone chat is insane. It's continuously scrolling. And it's not even hard to find groups. Unless it's that one with the dragon, and then everyone runs away. I don't blame them, though. And it bugs me that they said there's 'no timeline' for a merge, meaning they're thinking about it, too! No merge! No merge, please!
  • Options
    edmureedmure Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Oh come off it everyone isn't asleep at that time you suggest because the world isn't just the USA....I for one welcome that the maintenance is at this time. For once try and think that others around the world are happy it is taking place in the middle of the night in the Eu and other places.
    We all work and have little time to play sometimes, you want the company just to please you? well what If they servers went down because they waited just to please you?.
    Self entitlement lol get a grip.
    Oh and cheers devs for doing it at this time...means I can play all day tomorrow :D

I'll just go play some EU made MMO/games. oh wait....
  • Options
    mannerothemannerothe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand about the maintenance. No biggie.

What I'm wondering about is, why is everyone asking for a server merge? Isn't it crowded enough? Zone chat is insane. It's continuously scrolling. And it's not even hard to find groups. Unless it's that one with the dragon, and then everyone runs away. I don't blame them, though. And it bugs me that they said there's 'no timeline' for a merge, meaning they're thinking about it, too! No merge! No merge, please!
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is my stance. When it was EU prime time, there was all the replies saying "Its a US game, deal with it."

But when its like now, US Primetime, and its 4am in EU. Different story now isn't it?

Self entitled and spoiled is what comes to mind. If you don't have the patience to wait 4 hours without crying, then maybe you shouldn't be playing MMOs.

Thanks, from London.
    Where its 4am.

Have a great maintenance, goodnight.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dicemakerdicemaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    watch?v=QXPAZJvbH1s

Come on.....
  • Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    *sighs* everyone is so focused on it being a maintenance that you are not understanding why they pulled it. They said from the traffic they are seeing getting higher and higher... They had to pull the servers down to do emergency patching to handle the traffic and load, and make the server more stable with higher traffic and loads.

I would rather see them fixing a problem like this before it becomes an issue. so that later systems don't crash because of overload.
  • Options
    sylent2sylent2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously. Worst possible time to do a maintenance. Please fire whoever made that decision and hire someone who actually has some business sense? (Only if making money by having players play IS an actual goal for your compay.....)
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Very poor timing. You're damned lucky it's NHL playoff time and I've got a western conference game to watch. Hope you don't plan to make a habit of taking the game down for 4 hours during PRIME time on the WEEKEND.
  • Options
    undeadranqeundeadranqe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another maintenance and once again, no buff for GWF dps.

YOU DO REALISE FROM LEVELS 1-40 GWF HAVE LOWEST DPS, TAKE MOST DMG, AND ARE USELESS, SPAM POTION TO PLAY CLASS. THEN AT 40-60 THEY BECOME 'BETTER' BUT STILL NOT ON PAR WITH OTHERS. I LOVE TRYING TO UTILISE MY PATHETIC AOE AND COSTS 40 POTIONS PER DUNGEON, BECAUSE TYRING TO DO SINGLE TARGET AND STEADY BIT BY BIT IS POINTLESS COZ OF SUCH BAD DPS.

GET THIS SORTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Best of luck getting everything sorted out and in time.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • Options
    wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Update: Saturday 4:30PM PDT

The time of the maintenance has been locked down to 8:00 p.m. to midnight, Pacific Time. The goal of this maintenance is to apply another round of stability and performance updates to further support the high volume of players that are logging in to participate in the Neverwinter Open Beta. If the maintenance finishes sooner than the planned window, or is extended for any reason, we will definitely let you know right away.

Update: Saturday 3:30PM PDT

We will be performing a quick maintenance tonight to apply some proactive improvements to server performance.

The time has not yet been locked down, but we will add these details as they become available. :)

Thank you!

FAQ

Will this maintenance fix the issues with Foundry search or Voice Chat?

We do not expect that this maintenance will resolve those issues, though we have developers looking into them separately.

Why this time?

This is not our normal maintenance time, but unfortunately the maintenance needs to be performed ASAP to ensure that the servers remain stable with the current traffic we are seeing.

Will we be merging all shards into one during this maintenance?

We will not - all three servers will remain separate. There is currently no timeline on merging the shards together.

Heck with all that. Who do I have to murder to get a check box on the auction to only show auctions with buy outs......
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Very poor timing. You're damned lucky it's NHL playoff time and I've got a western conference game to watch. Hope you don't plan to make a habit of taking the game down for 4 hours during PRIME time on the WEEKEND.

Enjoy your loss.
  • Options
    scaringchildrenscaringchildren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well it does not really matter, the server would have come down anyway because of another server crash, why not just avoid the problem and bring it down and do some "maintenance" for 4 hours. maybe they will fix the foundry search issues, but chances are they will cause 5 more issues in the process.
  • Options
    warloqwarloq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SERIOUSLY. ON SATURDAY PRIME TIME? What are you even thinking?
    Clearly you do not work in a production IT environment.

Evaluate your low usage hours and suck it up as admins/devs and cause as little disruption as possible to your user base? If I pulled this at work, I would be fired on the spot.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah well ....

Been gaming since midnight my time, so i guess i need breakfast and some coffee anyway.
    Its 5 some am.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfreaking believable that this will occur every night.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    This is my stance. When it was EU prime time, there was all the replies saying "Its a US game, deal with it."

But when its like now, US Primetime, and its 4am in EU. Different story now isn't it?

Self entitled and spoiled is what comes to mind. If you don't have the patience to wait 4 hours without crying, then maybe you shouldn't be playing MMOs.

Thanks, from London.
    Where its 4am.

Have a great maintenance, goodnight.

Nothing entitled about it. You stupified yourself in your reply. It's primetime in their primary market. For people that work in the US, having the game come down on a Saturday night is a pretty big deal. We will deal with it. It won't stop the EU, including you, folks from crying during the week but when your collective develops, publishes, and maintains an MMO that a large portion of the US plays, then you can cry foul. It hasn't happened, and it will likely never happen. Lack of grey matter as usual.

Entitled and spoiled are attitudes generally projected by those that can't, not those that do. I.E. you....
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Very poor decision making skills PWE
  • Options
    undeadranqeundeadranqe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another maintenance and once again, no buff for GWF dps.

YOU DO REALISE FROM LEVELS 1-40 GWF HAVE LOWEST DPS, TAKE MOST DMG, AND ARE USELESS, SPAM POTION TO PLAY CLASS. THEN AT 40-60 THEY BECOME 'BETTER' BUT STILL NOT ON PAR WITH OTHERS. I LOVE TRYING TO UTILISE MY PATHETIC AOE AND COSTS 40 POTIONS PER DUNGEON, BECAUSE TYRING TO DO SINGLE TARGET AND STEADY BIT BY BIT IS POINTLESS COZ OF SUCH BAD DPS.

GET THIS SORTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    patampatam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awww come on !!! It's still beta !! So don't start to shoot at the devs! It's not the ''Official'' oppening. Just think that you are helping them making a good game ! That's it !
  • Options
    wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You people complaining are idiots. This is beta. Beta has problems. That's why it's beta lol. Beta = Beta Testing. Putting code under extreme loads for a testing phase to make sure it can take the beating. Besides that. You are playing for free. So quit whining.
  • Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    @scaringchildren probably true but then again this is just the begining with open beta before they had closed beta so they limited the loads on the server. now they are seeing it go sky high well *shrugs* I'd rather deal with a 4 hour maintenance than have the servers go down for day or more due to overloads.
This discussion has been closed.