What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    revandeathrevandeath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it really doesn't matter when they decide to do it, someone else will just end up complaining. I for one am glad they are trying to fix the game rather than let the problems persist for months on end. Everyone else just needs to grow up and stop acting like someone took your candy away. Its a game get a life and find something else to do for the next 4 hours.
  • Options
    ardain1989ardain1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh well steam has the new Tomb Raider on sale for 50% off might as well try that out.
  • Options
    cashcharaccashcharac Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here I felt bad about having to spend time w/ the woman friend. Now I have no regrets. Thanks <3
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL, maintenance during prime time on a Saturday night. Perfect timing.
  • Options
    senridalsenridal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saturday Night is a great time! Better for me than any night during the week as the kids keep me home those days!
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ardain1989 wrote: »
    Eh well steam has the new Tomb Raider on sale for 50% off might as well try that out.

I bought it at release. Well worth the full price. So pick it up for half off, it's a great game.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    revandeath wrote: »
    it really doesn't matter when they decide to do it, someone else will just end up complaining. I for one am glad they are trying to fix the game rather than let the problems persist for months on end. Everyone else just needs to grow up and stop acting like someone took your candy away. Its a game get a life and find something else to do for the next 4 hours.

Saturday night in the US, which despite the EU players, is still the largest market this game has......Sure, it's no biggie for some, but for the working folk, that's a pretty big inconvenience. Yes, the adult candy was taken away, so stfu....
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    surely you can implement race change in those 4 hours ;)
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    this is only prime time in a few time zones of the world. This game has players from all over the world.. Just cuz you live in a certain time zone doesnt give you any special priviledges to timing maintenance. Spoiled much?

As for being the majority, this is DnD, and your figures are wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give me a break, you could have 1 guy with proper qualifications replace every single server on your network, your entire network infastructure and still be back up in under 4 hours. Stop acting stupid here.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sucks as I play late nights EST but I can live with anytime they do it but on a Saturday? Of all the *stupid* days in a week they choose a Saturday....

LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Give me a break, you could have 1 guy with proper qualifications replace every single server on your network, your entire network infastructure and still be back up in under 4 hours. Stop acting stupid here.

And then they have to make sure it works.. testing takes longer than building sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    edited May 2013
    this is only prime time in a few time zones of the world. This game has players from all over the world.. Just cuz you live in a certain time zone doesnt give you any special priviledges to timing maintenance. Spoiled much?

As for being the majority, this is DnD, and your figures are wrong.

Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher

Therefore cater to north american players, period, euros dont like it eat a gpotato or something.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher

Therefore cater to north american players, period, euros dont like it eat a gpotato or something.

Arent you the self righteous one. lol.. they should cater to everyone, fairly. so far The US has had special treatment.. Welcome to DnD, buddy. If you need to be catered to, there are other games that ruined it already. lol. go play those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• Options
    baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Best thing about F2P games. One goes down for maintenance, I start up a different one. Think: China.

I may have a gaming addiction problem...*looks at stacks of unread books*
    Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No they shouldnt, people from around the world need to start getting their own **** publishers and stop trying to tell OUR companies when to do **** its annoying as heck. Like the people who come here and expect us to speak their language. I would not go to spain and expect everyone to speak english and work on my schedule.
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just can't believe that so much maintenance has to keep being done. How many players are in Neverwinter, must be a ridiculous amount. Multiple crashes and maintanances that take quite a few hours to finish. I get it's "open beta", but if it truly were an "open beta" you shouldn't be taking peoples cash for zen yet. It obviously isn't all about testing, but a period where there can be a steady income for the company while hiding under the umbrella of Open Beta excuse for all the stuff that goes wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must be game breaking important to shut the servers down during prime time on a Saturday night...
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep this makes no sense I've never seen a game company pull servers down on a weekend voluntarily much less during Prime time.
  • Options
    kaledarkshinekaledarkshine Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The original post should read, "This maintenance has been scheduled for a time where people who play late at night get screwed."

Urgh... Oh well. Guess I'll go play something else... Like Fruit Ninja... or Happy Wheels... ;)
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Arent you the self righteous one. lol.. they should cater to everyone, fairly. so far The US has had special treatment.. Welcome to DnD, buddy. If you need to be catered to, there are other games that ruined it already. lol. go play those.

This is of course absurd. Nothing in life is fair. The US has special treatment because the companies that develop, publish, and host the MMOs that people continue to play are in the US. Are you really this dim?
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonder if they gona fix the pay today get in 2 week promo they have on their founder pack!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    sarsparilla1sarsparilla1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never heard of maintenance on a weekend night unless it was a dire emergency. I really feel like this is a bad business practice unless you guys have no other choice. I hope this doesn't become a habit. Prime time gaming time for most adults.

Bad business. Doesn't matter if it's beta, soft launch, release or any other time, it's just a really bad decision unless you're worried the servers are all going to dissolve again.
  • Options
    sadistsadist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cutoff your nose to spite your face. Good move.
    fozhug-sig01.png
  • Options
    mrmchalemrmchale Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well its not just the yanks getting affected its also hitting the Aussie and Kiwi Players at a bad time...Just hope it comes in under three hours .. Hell most game companies tend to try and bring their servers down at times amicable to both Europe and the US. which leaves most people in Australia, New Zealand and related time zones rather inconvenienced. So they are trying to avoid a crash like the other night and fix some stability problems, at least they are giving notice in advance and not just posting in game servers will be down in X minutes.
  • Options
    myhoneyassmyhoneyass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is unacceptable, no way can a accept Matanince on a Saturday night for fore hours.... I'm not a Fan of this choice.
    Love the game but really,,,, this is unacceptable
    Member of the Bitter End Trading Company
    http://betco.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather it be down for maintenance now than down for multiple maintenance periods later.
    Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    4 hours on a Saturday night. C'mon!

Thanks for the hard work though. :)
  • Options
    kendiankendian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess Ill play some defiance :) see yall when maintenance is over
  • Options
    juticojutico Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We know you have to do it but why this time why not after midnight PST.
This discussion has been closed.