test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Status Updates

Comments

• skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spork87 wrote: »
    we are, we have jobs, and we know what sunlight is

Completely absurd. I have a near 6 figure income, I live in WA, so I hike and mountain bike quite a bit. Not sure where this ignorant sweeping generalization is coming from.
  • flyingdoctorflyingdoctor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server up again
  • nichole83nichole83 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! Now people are just being hateful. lol
  • grummitgrummit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't "The Powers that Be" have someone actually update the community via the forum on the status of the game, vs twitter and other outside sources? This is happening way to often nowadays, where information is being sent via social media sites instead of their actual site. Companies have a locked forum thread where they post their updates, but these are almost always not as current as their twitter feed. Just a suggestion: Copy-Paste into the forums.
  • spork87spork87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh you stop it too! Trekkies calling people who like fantasy games geeks? That's fresh. Trekkies are one of the oldest "geek groups" in existence!

but we have jobs and a life outside of our hobby, because that what it is to us, a hobby, it also is responsible for alot of breakthroughs in modern science like the Cell Phone, automatic sliding door ect. Fantasy has never contributed anything but pale skinned people who think the Hobbit is a true story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xrail3xrail3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server up!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont forget Superhero Geeks. I play in all three games im sure they are working very hard to get all of our games up.
    The chat server is up if you have a connection via Pidgin/trillian :).
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but we have jobs and a life outside of our hobby, because that what it is to us, a hobby, it also is responsible for alot of breakthroughs in modern science like the Cell Phone, automatic sliding door ect. Fantasy has never contributed anything but pale skinned people who think the Hobbit is a true story.

Your arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance.
  • gravnamgravnam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good ETA posting here... Servers are up - enjoy the online sensation :P
  • tiogantiogan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Borg had assimilated the servers
  • robissweatyrobissweaty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Erm the servers ARE NOT BACK UP! I'm unable to play....So your 'Hard Work' hasn't paid off...
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic are you aware you have ignored the STO fourm for these fantasy geeks who more than likely wont contribute money after mommy cuts them off and tells them to get a job? Seriously shut down your neverwinter beta until you can afford proper hardware, STO and CO are already on one server, and both of your games with an established userbase along with users like me who have spent over 2 grand on your game are left in the dark so you can update your beta game. Time to wake up bran and get the updates where they belong.

I'm sorry, but did a Star Trek mmo player, just try to insult someone ELSE for being a geeky kid? Admit it, you're posting this from your home made captain's chair. Go rinse your spock ears off and take a break, big guy. Baby will have his bottle soon enough.

I wonder how many CO players were pissed about the little Trekkies' game ruining their comic book adventures, when your new game crashed their servers. You spent two grand on an mmorpg? On the game that had to beg people to come back only three months after launch?

We're all geeks here champ, that word is a compliment.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
    edited May 2013
    Dont forget Superhero Geeks. I play in all three games im sure they are working very hard to get all of our games up.
    The chat server is up if you have a connection via Pidgin/trillian :).

Im ok with you super hero geeks, these fantasy types i got my fill of them when I used to play wow, they took it way to serious and actully thought it was all possible, and let me clarifiy i played wow to stay in touch with some friends from highschool I never gave a rats behind about the story and found most of the playerbase to be quite pathetic these types of games always bring out those people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • panaraspanaras Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best support/tech team I've seen those last ears...ive been in many closed/open betas and kickstarted many games...and honestly you are an awesome team guys....keep up the good work.....
  • lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    gravnam wrote: »
    Good ETA posting here... Servers are up - enjoy the online sensation :P

Sweet! See you guys in game. Well you guys that play on Dragon anyway
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Latest Update via Twitter:
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame
    Update: servers are back up. We sincerely appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing you in game! Thanks again!
  • rakkanothrakkanoth Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you! *bows in gratitude*
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Every Star Trek convention and themed wedding proves otherwise.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but did a Star Trek mmo player, just try to insult someone ELSE for being a geeky kid? Admit it, you're posting this from your home made captain's chair. Go rinse your spock ears off and take a break, big guy. Baby will have his bottle soon enough.

I wonder how many CO players were pissed about the little Trekkies' game ruining their comic book adventures, when your new game crashed their servers. You spent two grand on an mmorpg?

We're all geeks here champ, that word is a compliment.

wrong you cant tell me anything a real geek could, fantasy geeks are one step lower than nerds, and way below general geeks. A geek is one who has a social life, has an interest in science and technology, is interested in what we can become as a people if we try hard enough. Fantasy geeks are interested in none of the above but instead study elvish and treat Tolkin books like the Bible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    Im ok with you super hero geeks, these fantasy types i got my fill of them when I used to play wow, they took it way to serious and actully thought it was all possible, and let me clarifiy i played wow to stay in touch with some friends from highschool I never gave a rats behind about the story and found most of the playerbase to be quite pathetic these types of games always bring out those people.

Those guys weren't fantasy geeks! They were WoW fanboys! Different breed of creature.
  • kaydimkaydim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sekkurel wrote: »
    A small message to all those whiny people that complain about servers etc.

You probably have no idea how hard can it be to hold a server. From internet failures to power outages to god knows what can happen. Its a risk you are willing to take when you sign up and even more so when you payed. So give them some support.

I am a systems engineer for a large company. Where I work, unscheduled downtime even in the "DEV" or "TEST" environment usually results in someone being severely reprimanded (if not cut from the team or company) and a severe loss of revenue for the company (depending on the clients attached to the servers). We run roughly 11,000 servers and devices that require up-times where we measure even scheduled maintenance in "seconds per year" rather than minutes or even hours. And those are not even customer facing environments.

We make a ton more money than PWE does I am sure and were paid for that service. However, I as an systems architect/engineer/administrator, am getting rather tired of seeing people justify downtime on things like this as "You have no idea what it takes to keep servers running."

It can be done and it can be done in a relatively inexpensive manner. Even for F2P servers (considering that the ZEN market probably pulls in tens of thousands of dollars a day conservatively).

Am I *****ing? Not really. I'm okay with it. I don't pay for the service and I get to be entertained way more than if I paid for a movie today (movies last 2 hours, MMOs last a few years). But don't start in with making people feel less than adequate because they have no idea. We (the ones posting here) are people that even if we don't understand, have valid points and concerns. People are their customers and I am sure PWE/Cryptic are concerned about getting the servers up even on F2P. Its all a loss of revenue. Even in BETA testing.
  • gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Latest Update via Twitter:

Could someone tell them STO isn't. You know. The game with PAYING customers.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nope not up here. but to be expected Champions only gets lockboxes and vehicles

STO no longer counts, just like CO.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still showing as down....
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks again for your patience everyone! We appreciate you sticking with us! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • phingersphingers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This "beta" has crashed every game that Cryptic runs. Star Trek Online is down, Champions Online is down and of course Neverwinter. This isn't a "beta" issue this is a problem with Cryptic not giving their games seperate log-in servers.
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Ignore the whiners. Thanks for the awesome half-hourly update! Thats really on the ball.
    edited May 2013
    wrong you cant tell me anything a real geek could, fantasy geeks are one step lower than nerds, and way below general geeks. A geek is one who has a social life, has an interest in science and technology, is interested in what we can become as a people if we try hard enough. Fantasy geeks are interested in none of the above but instead study elvish and treat Tolkin books like the Bible

I was being a pretty good sport, but are you serious? I bet you're the kind of person that thinks all black people are the same too. Or all Hispanics. Get real man. You're crying on a forum because your game is down and telling everyone else that they have no life? Is your momma home? I think you need a suckle.
    edited May 2013

Serious enough to come stomping into these forums, and act like the world's richest baby? Screaming about how you payed two grand and insulting everyone here, all because your space ship video game is down for a few hours?
    I play both Co and STO. You're an embarrassment.
    You want to talk making a community look like petulant children, you're not doing STO any favors.
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    Yeah, you kinda got us there. If anyone here remembers old Multi User Dungeons (basically a chat room D&D style) then you're as old and seasoned as I am...
    I still play some of those
This discussion has been closed.