What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Status Updates

Comments

• Options
    barloombarloom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't you read the thread name " server Updates" Not how big is my phalis. Nor how much have I been gaming nor is it what is the definition of "open beta"

A) You are now the one talking crude(ly). Please learn to write if you are going to attempt to insult people otherwise you just look really stupid.
    B) The word you are so desperately trying to spell is phallus. Clearly yours is attached to your forehead.
    C) Look on page one. Not page 25 if you want updates on server maintenance.
    D) Please, if you must vent your pubescent frustration about others having a reasonable conversation, then make sure you direct your sorrowful angst at someone who deserves it.

Thanks. Run along now.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Latest Update via Twitter:
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame - 5:42 AM - 4 May 13
    Update: we're still working on making the servers available for everyone, and will share more details just as soon as we have them. Thanks!
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    It is nice for you guys to keep us updated. I hope this crash gave you some helpful info on preventing future ones.
    Thanks for your hard work!
  • Options
    gravnamgravnam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I applaud the activity of the community team but going from "we have an ETA for you soon" to "we will update as soon as we know more" half an hour later is not filling me with confidence :(
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DDO, Rift, and LoTRO all had wipes after OB. DDO and LoTRO started off as pay models so they did have the traditional wipes after OB.

Rift OBT wiped because it had a post beta head start. This game won't, because its head start was before OBT.

Path of Exile will not wipe after OBT either. Older American games wiped after OBT, but generally not anymore. It really depends on how they position the game between OBT and launch.
    Scarlet blade OBT - No wipe.
    NA Tera didn't have one either.
    One thing to note certain European versions wipe after beta but NA versions don't.

OBT is now more of a soft launch. Time was yeah you'd get a few games that wipe after OBT. Mainly if too many players reached end game.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    sgozzosgozzo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cmon Guys... is saturday...I WANT TO PLAY!!!! NEED SERVER UP!!!!
  • Options
    xblackxabyssxxblackxabyssx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i remember muds.....Gemstone was a good one
    Used to play hollow for a long time when it only had about 100 people then became insanly popular and got into the thousands which wasnt bad for a text based/webpage mud
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    What's funny is I remember when WoW would crash, or have hours of queue time before you could play, just to be kicked 20 minutes into it.

Those threads were just straight offensive. Was one of the worst releases I've ever played.
  • Options
    araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What server is everyone running on? I am in . . . the one that starts with a "W"
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complain all you want guys. I got me a new air tower fan today which is running full speed, tested my new Ninja blender by making some really awesome strawberry pina coladas, and 5 seasons of Eureka on netflix. Take your time.
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Rift OBT wiped because it had a head start. This game won't because its head start was before OBT.

Path of Exile will not wipe after OBT either. Older American game wiped after OBT, but generally not anymore. It really depends on how they position the game between OBT and launch.
    NA Tera didn't have one either.
    One thing to note certain European versions wipe after beta but NA versions don't.

OBT is now more of a soft launch. Time was yeah you'd get a few games that wipe after OBT. Mainly if too many players reached end game.

Path of Exile is actually a New Zealand game not an American game.
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic are you aware you have ignored the STO fourm for these fantasy geeks who more than likely wont contribute money after mommy cuts them off and tells them to get a job? Seriously shut down your neverwinter beta until you can afford proper hardware, STO and CO are already on one server, and both of your games with an established userbase along with users like me who have spent over 2 grand on your game are left in the dark so you can update your beta game. Time to wake up bran and get the updates where they belong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mijashimijashi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We have fire in dungeons. How did it get there? Who lit it?
  • Options
    r1val630r1val630 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what "bigging" or "eleted" is, but I'll assume that you're insulting everyone who is putting this whole ordeal in the proper context; that the game is in open beta and that issues are to be expected.

you do realize that a beta with NO WIPES in a f2p means release, correct? companies only use the term "open beta" so when mess ups like this happen, they can say it's because it's still in it's "beta" stages.

although i'm not 100% sure what the issue is that is causing the servers to be down for multiple hours TWO nights in a row now, i'm going to assume these are issues that could have most likely been fixed with a couple of stress test weekends.
  • Options
    kokairikokairi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    Complain all you want guys. I got me a new air tower fan today which is running full speed, tested my new Ninja blender by making some really awesome strawberry pina coladas, and 5 seasons of Eureka on netflix. Take your time.

Now this sounds like a party I'd like to be invited to :D
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Latest Update via Twitter:

U haven't really shared any details or given us an ETA. Y keep us lingering around with hope and say your making progresss in earlier updates but yet we r still waiting with no ETA or word on what the issue is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

They added new movies to Netflix last night.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psych0zer wrote: »
    guys please.. let's all be friends
    tumblr_mebiugBpDZ1qezk6n.gif

Awwww. Ok I'm pacified by the buns.:o
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spork87 wrote: »
    Cryptic are you aware you have ignored the STO fourm for these fantasy geeks who more than likely wont contribute money after mommy cuts them off and tells them to get a job? Seriously shut down your neverwinter beta until you can afford proper hardware, STO and CO are already on one server, and both of your games with an established userbase along with users like me who have spent over 2 grand on your game are left in the dark so you can update your beta game. Time to wake up bran and get the updates where they belong.

Are you saying that Trekkie geeks > Fantasy geeks? Them's fighting words!!!
  • Options
    flyingdoctorflyingdoctor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dungeon Master.... not online but in the mid 80's my favorite rpg/adventure game was for Commodore Amiga...i still have it :)
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I had plans guys, you're ruining that for me.

pictures_of_the_day_8.jpg
  • Options
    slatsauslatsau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »

Hahahaha. *snicker* Hahaaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwBG2Dtpmk
  • Options
    thatcherb34thatcherb34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Skeeters got a plan!!!!!
  • Options
    mijashimijashi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm on dragon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the server
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you saying that Trekkie geeks > Fantasy geeks? Them's fighting words!!!

we are, we have jobs, and we know what sunlight is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    spork87 wrote: »

Oh you stop it too! Trekkies calling people who like fantasy games geeks? That's fresh. Trekkies are one of the oldest "geek groups" in existence!
  • Options
    oweesowees Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redscare82 wrote: »
    I had plans guys, you're ruining that for me.

pictures_of_the_day_8.jpg
    LOL, same here :DD
  • Options
    lughlavadalughlavada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's up. Rejoice.
  • Options
    silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    webangel wrote: »
    How much $ you spend for Neverwinet?

with the price in the cash shop i will spend $0000 and its sad because i love the game and would love to support them
This discussion has been closed.