test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Guard Issues

Comments

• Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I understand perfectly. As I said, there is nothing we can do. Report it to Support and allow us to report these issues to our Community Managers. There is no need for multiple threads on this issue, this one shall suffice.

. . . . . Support emails and Account Guard emails come from two different addresses, so just because one address may be white-listed, the other may still be flagged as spam, this is why I suggest such checking of spam folders. Account Guard emails will come fromdonotreply@crypticstudios.com while support emails come from customerservice@perfectworld.com.

. . . . . The customerservice reply is an automated message that is required to be stated. Just because it says 3-5 business days does not mean that it shall be so... It is known that Support had been working through the entirety of the past few weekends... so please give the benefit of the doubt. They have been extremely busy...

Problem is in the other thread I was not asking for you to do anything actually I was asking people if in their experience it actually takes 3-4 business days for feedback. I had to create a new thread since you locked the original thread someone else created on the topic. A very simple reasonable discussion question and yet you locked the thread. Basically a "general discussion" topic hoping for the input of fellow players.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. And there likely wouldn't be multiple threads if you didn't keep closing all of them. You guys seriously need to make this a priority.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    nenikohnenikoh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Cant login.
  • Options
    jeremynurse1jeremynurse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Send the email already I have been waiting and waiting please! I'm going through withdraws lol
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Same problem. And there likely wouldn't be multiple threads if you didn't keep closing all of them. You guys seriously need to make this a priority.
    nenikoh wrote: »
    Same problem. Cant login.
    As I said, we are leaving this one open, so really what is the issue in that case? Use this thread, by all means.
  • Options
    nenikohnenikoh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, cant login.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No email here too and if this thing trigger by attempted logins does it mean PWE had some sort of attack, because i logged like at 11:30 AM and i tried to log just now, and nobody knows i have a neverwinter account so how can the account guard trigger for my account?
  • Options
    physicsninjaphysicsninja Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess I could play WOW while I am waiting.
  • Options
    linkr1987linkr1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to fix the problem by disabling the guard. Go to https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/account_guard/list and log in. Even if you have no association with the game, it will still work. In there you will probably be asked to enable your browser. Accept it. Then just disable the account guard. This should let you log in.

Keep in mind this method leaves you exposed to hackers. Take care to re enable it in the future when this email verification problem has been fixed.
  • Options
    ratstubsratstubs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't gotten that email, cant login :( what's a guy gotta do to get on the staff and help out? haha :P

note: i think this was caused when i refused to save machine. i remember unclicking that option; then this happened
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good then I will ask my question again.

Does anyone actually have any experience with PWE support and does it actually take 3-4 business days to get a response to issues that prevent you from even logging into the game? Do they not have customer support on weekends? In 2013 is there actually customer oriented company that has no weekend hours for support (my assumption since their email said expect response in 3-4 "business" days, but I do not really know so that is why I am asking)?
  • Options
    bmorepalabmorepala Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got an email after 40 minutes.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eeeeeee
    clurdge wrote: »
    Good then I will ask my question again.

Does anyone actually have any experience with PWE support and does it actually take 3-4 business days to get a response to issues that prevent you from even logging into the game? Do they not have customer support on weekends? In 2013 is there actually customer oriented company that has no weekend hours for support (my assumption since their email said expect response in 3-4 "business" days, but I do not really know so that is why I am asking)?

To be honest I had this issue last year and after contacting support it got fixed in a day.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    linkr1987 wrote: »
    I managed to fix the problem by disabling the guard. Go to https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/account_guard/list and log in. Even if you have no association with the game, it will still work. In there you will probably be asked to enable your browser. Accept it. Then just disable the account guard. This should let you log in.

Keep in mind this method leaves you exposed to hackers. Take care to re enable it in the future when this email verification problem has been fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately these just give me the same message about a security code was sent to my email that I have to enter(it was not). So at least for me I am stuck in the same place.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    linkr1987 wrote: »

works for me. Thaks
  • Options
    jimberyjimbery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im getting the same message and I been waiting for an e-mail and like you said nothing in junk/spam, But I do get update e-mail from Perfect world in my inbox ever since I download the 5/3 patch
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "I managed to fix the problem by disabling the guard."

Can't seem to get that to work for me. Asks me to verify before I can get in to disable it. To be honest it would be pretty useless if it didn't make you verify first though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    To be honest I had this issue last year and after contacting support it got fixed in a day.

Thanks. Hopefully they get it fixed that quick this time as well. Waiting 5-7 days to play would be depressing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    "I managed to fix the problem by disabling the guard."

Can't seem to get that to work for me. Asks me to verify before I can get in to disable it. To be honest it would be pretty useless if it didn't make you verify first though.

Ya, but it clearly is not setup very intelligently so would not surprise me it works for some. It will not let me into the game however I can login to my PW account on the web and change password/email/etc.
  • Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    .. yet i can still log into the forums, reset my password, just not access the game.

Best part is, the password reset email arrived in seconds, and I'm sitting here still waiting on the one-time code, 15 minutes + later.

I might question the lack of a "resend code" button, btw.

In other news, GGG keeps getting underscored as the most amazing gaming company I've witnessed so far, with the smoothest launch of any game I've witnessed in the last 10 years.

GGG is absolutely wonderful. I can't go on enough about how much I love GGG.

>.<
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    here's another thought.

why exactly do i bother saving computers if the settings aren't held, nothing is saved?

clearly this "feature" requires some work.

Good thing we're in beta.

www.guildmedieval.com

• Options
    monty82monty82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your not the only one we have posted in the Tech forms and they have not got back to anyone.
  • Options
    stealthfox16stealthfox16 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Went to play Neverwinter a couple hours before work, hit with this. T_T
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    really, i'm going with the system isn't sending emails at all.

this is a great "feature".

no reset button? why?

www.guildmedieval.com

• Options
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    Ya, but it clearly is not setup very intelligently so would not surprise me it works for some. It will not let me into the game however I can login to my PW account on the web and change password/email/etc.

If I had to guess I would say that those people it worked for had already verified in the past on CO. The CO verification says its saving the browser instead of the computer. So it may be different enough to let them through to turn off the whole thing. Just a guess though.
  • Options
    maraconovermaraconover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ugh...email not coming to me either. *sighs* I changed my email to a gmail from a yahoo..hoping it would expedite it. NO go
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aha!

only about 45 minutes later.

i stand corrected. it is sending emails.

they should change the message to "you might get an email eventually. go take a nap, or something."

www.guildmedieval.com

• Options
    kilikikopakilikikopa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    so to verify with everyone else, If you havent received your email and your email address is a yahoo one say aye
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Update --- I just got a response saying they disabled account guard because their system is having issues sending email to Yahoo accounts. Trying to see if I can get in now will let you know.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OK this is eff up, i finally got the email with the code, i tried to log and i pass the login check without the need to input the number sent. What was that about.
    Another thing, should i keep the number in case i got asked to save my machine or something?
This discussion has been closed.