test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Guard Issues

1235»

Comments

• ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use Gmail personally and starting today I am getting AG e-mails everytime I log into the Gateway. I fetch the number from my e-mail and log it (making sure to use the remember box). It is getting annoying.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • aramarnextdooraramarnextdoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! We're investigating this.

Edit: seems to have been an issue with Yahoo accounts. Please try again! :)

Again, not just yahoo. Been waiting 5+ hours for one @msn.com (which covers @hotmail.com and outlook.com).
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not yahoo. Not even a standard email provider address.

Account guard worked for Gateway, but nothing sent for actual game client.
  • capy86capy86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, put one more down on outlook not receiving either.
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see this driving MANY away from the game myself included as it just pisses me off to no end. WAY too anal
  • shandoutshandout Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here with the German Hoster @web.de. I got the "Welcome to Neverwinter" mail but no luck with the account guard. Will try the suggested mail to the support team (customerservice@perfectworld.com).
  • ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    i am not getting codes through either my hotmail or gmail accounts. :-( no way i can enter a one time code if i don't receive one.

edit: confirmed all my info is entered correctly & followed suggestions. guess no neverwinter tonight. i filed a support ticket for something else 3 days ago and received no response so not bothering with this one. *sigh* hopefully they figure out the problem.
  • sidd98sidd98 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Big issues here with account gaurd, keep getting some
    Invalid Machine Name

message even after I enter the code correctly(even copy/pasted it.

I share this computer with 2 roomates, 1 of whom plays this game so I am thinking if I save the pc option, he will not be able to log into his account.
  • fuchsbraufuchsbrau Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the authorization screen and the e-mail gets to me pretty quick now but the game then sends me back to the password enter screen. I enter my password and it tells me I've made too many attempts and locks me out of the game altogether. I haven't been able access the game in almost twelve hours now.

Back to Allods Online I guess.
  • griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    I use Gmail personally and starting today I am getting AG e-mails everytime I log into the Gateway. I fetch the number from my e-mail and log it (making sure to use the remember box). It is getting annoying.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem, but with my Hotmail account. Every single time I have to login to the Gateway, I'm asked to enter a code. An email with that code is sent to me. The email also says that a new computer or web browser is trying to access my account.

The Gateway was working a few days ago for me, but now it seems to think I'm trying to access my account from a new PC each time. It's seriously annoying.
  • burntjelloburntjello Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sidd98 wrote: »
    Big issues here with account gaurd, keep getting some
    Invalid Machine Name .
    I have the same problem. I sent in a support ticket yesterday, so the issue is at least "officially" tracked. (still not fixed at the time of this post)
  • ravenwingz09ravenwingz09 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to let folks know... When I created a new account last night and logged on. all i had to do was to tell it to remember the pc, no code was needed. I know its not ideal, and as i stated before my toon was only level 15 and my new one got up to nine in no time. seeing as i knew what i was doing (more) this time. Peace
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am so pissed I am unable to play TY AGAIN PWE for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up another game for me and driving me off. Good luck to you all as this company is VERY bad for doing this to players.
  • rumplesteele101rumplesteele101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still haven't received my code from you to my yahoo account.
  • cutterslainecutterslaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not been able to login since the last patch because of Account Guard..

Same problem for me up to an hour wait for code and then doesnt work, btw this isnt a yahoo account either..

Customer support response has been terrible. I had this problem 3 months ago and a solution was finally found.

I posted this information with my new ticket and previous correspondance to customer support including a document with the fix that was applied and it was completely ignored.

I've now missed all of the earlier beta's and a couple of days of headstart for the price of a founders pack, money well spent? No.

If I put a ticket in I expect someone to actually read it and not just send what looks like an automated reply with a solution to a problem I dont have.

I cannot even manage my account settings for Account Guard because..... its protected by Account Guard and lock me out for too many login attempts.

Ridiculous and frustrating.

Very disappointed.

[Incident: 130504-000037]

****If anyone from customer support reads this I want to opt out of Account Guard*****
  • nameisusednameisused Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't know what account guard is or that it even existed and I thought I was actually hacked because I got email saying so. I deleted the game and created a new account and was never going to play again. Then I found out it was my own PC causing this. I am downloading again. at least I only played to level 16. I like rerolling sometimes anyway.
  • luxlux2luxlux2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having problems with login when I type login and password opens a new window says "do you have an account cryptic" option "yes or no" but does not exit this screen
    Help me Pls xD.
  • kik97kik97 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I'm finding it quite annoying everytime I try to login not to the game but the gateway just to manage my character's professions. I've actually gone so far as to try and authorize my second computer, which I use for that on the cryptic support page and still have to wait for an email with the one-time code to login.
  • terencemkterencemk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Well, this one time code was working fine until the patch i suppose thank god i verified for my laptop and desktop. But i can't get the code now to my office PC . *sob sob
  • crimsonbannercrimsonbanner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Account Guard is broken, or may be for you. I was able to resolve my gateway login by disabling account guard. You can log in to change your account guard settings from the champions online account page.
  • ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to add my account guard headaches. I am sent a verification code each time I use the Gateway. After the 20th time or so it begins to get irritating. Is a fix coming anytime soon?

I can get in the game without any issues, but sometimes I just have a few minutes to manage my crafting. What's worse is I have to have my email open so I can enter the code quickly or it doesn't work when I do enter it.

The Gateway is an awesome tool for the game and I would like to use it more, but the headache keeps it's use at a minimum.
This discussion has been closed.