test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Guard Issues

Comments

• Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My fault, my fault, i should have kept my mouth shut.

apparently the code from 45 minutes ago is invalid, and i need a new code, which will only arrive in 45 minutes, and i'd better keep this browser window open, to avoid having to redo the entire process.

so far i've got two codes in my inbox, both of which are invalid.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    Update --- I just got a response saying they disabled account guard because their system is having issues sending email to Yahoo accounts. Trying to see if I can get in now will let you know.

I did just get in. The wording of the response they sent me indicated they turned it off for everyone... so hopefully everyone else can get in as well. Otherwise submit that ticket they did get back to me in about an hour.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    <removed off topic other game chat per the RoC>
  • Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ha, but the automated ticket response is in my inbox in a split second. it is to laugh.

www.guildmedieval.com

• Options
    physicsninjaphysicsninja Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got in as well without the code. Finally.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

www.guildmedieval.com

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In now as well. Thanks.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    weeg71weeg71 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did that and it says same thing..one time code
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ha ha, it times out!

so even if i get the code, i can't use it, because it will have expired.

zomb, that's priceless. too bad the joke is on me.

www.guildmedieval.com

• Options
    valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    direthdireth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this thing pop up even if you dont use an incorrect password? Because I logged out for 45 minutes then logged back in to it saying my Computer is Unrecognized.... I got the code instantly though.. But Why would it say it doesnt Recognize my computer yet I was just on it 45 minutes prior?
  • Options
    weeg71weeg71 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive been waiting an hour..no email no ticket response,nothing only lvl 13 cos its always something and i can never get to play
  • Options
    rifiellrifiell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having weird issues as well. I logged out to eat dinner and logged back in roughly 30 minutes later to find out that I couldn't log in. incorrect password, every time I tried. Had to change my password. Now it works and it asked me to verify my machine. Whaaaat is going on?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the response, zebular

www.guildmedieval.com

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The issue is being looked into. I have no further information at this time.
  • Options
    blutblut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have this very same problem, and have yahoo email linked to account. Cannot log into game without verification code.
    VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
  • Options
    ukaruukaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been playing for a while now, and this is the first time the game has asked me for a one-time code. Well, I'm perfectly fine with that... if it would send me the **** thing. There is no option to resend the code, and it is not in my inbox or junk mail, and without it I cannot log in.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    this is most annoying.I hate stupid yahoo mail i dont know why i even make account with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mail.I didnt got verification cod and with my yahoo mail experiance i will get it in day or 2 if i ever get it atall......
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . If at all possible, change your email on your account to something else besides Yahoo. Not sure if the Account Guard will kick in prior to changing the email though. I have used Gmail for years and have never had an issue with getting Account Guard emails ever since it was first introduced in Cryptic's other games.

. . . . . If you're able to change it, close the client and try logging in again to get the Account Guard to resend you a new code to the new email. Account Guard might prevent the change though.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . This is the Account Guard system. When the system detects rapid attempts at login it may kick in and ask you to verify your account by sending you a one-time code to your email. You input this code and choose if you want it to remember that machine (or browser). If you don't check it, you will be asked for a new code again in the future. You can manage your account guard here or here, until NWO gets it's account page set up.

. . . . . If you're not getting the emails, make sure you check your spam folders. Also, make sure you're checking the correct email associated with your PWE Account. If you are positive you are not getting these emails, please contact Support via one of the Support links in this web site or by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com as there is nothing the Forum Staff can do to assist with Account and Billing Issues.

Thanks Zebular. I am also having the issue but I have hit up the customer support first. Just wondering if others was having same issue, and I see others are.
  • Options
    kiirion01kiirion01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No it seems a few of us are having the same problem. I have been waiting over an hour and no email has arrived yet.
  • Options
    laellael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, I just logged out to swap characters and now its asking for a One-time code, it says its been sent to my email address, but I look there and there is no code!
  • Options
    finnmacha1finnmacha1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got the same thing. Logon to the game and get Account Verification One-Time Code. Been waiting 20 minutes for the email. Opened a ticket with Perfectworld and got that email instantly. I am thinking someone screwed up big time on the timer to sent these emails or set a threshold of x amount before actually sending the email. This is extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Thanks Zebular. I am also having the issue but I have hit up the customer support first. Just wondering if others was having same issue, and I see others are.
    . . . . . Yep, please be aware that is seems this issue is related to accounts associated with Yahoo email addresses. For some reason, the emails aren't being delivered through the Yahoo servers. Whether this is in part of Yahoo, PWE, or Cryptic... I do not know. The team is currently aware of the issue and working to resolve it. I have no updates at this time.
  • Options
    thematrix229thematrix229 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same boat. Can't log in due to the verification screen. I assume there is a problem server side as I have already went through the verification process the first time I logged in.
  • Options
    ukaruukaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You opened a ticket and they fixed it?
  • Options
    blutblut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ironically, I got the email with my submitted ticket information on the issue almost immediately.
    VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ukaru wrote: »
    You opened a ticket and they fixed it?

I opened a ticket. Fairly quickly (an hour later) I got a response saying they were having issues sending codes to yahoo addresses and had turned account guard off until resolved. I was then able to get in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just got my account verification code email; thanks!
    VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
This discussion has been closed.