test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Guard Issues

grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I got booted from Neverwinter, again, and now its asking for a Account Verification One-Time Code that was sent to my email. I have not received this email nor can I find where to ask for it to be sent to me.

Please assist
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bogzeybogzey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, no email with the code.
  • Options
    rucktacularrucktacular Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game is asking me for the verification code it sent via email, but no email received.

I can see others are having this problem. I am on yahoo and I will not get a gmail or other account just to get into this game.

Please fix it, thanks!
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ditto i think the server went derp when it died yesterday lol

• Options
    warhound777warhound777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so. call me dumb or w/e for this but i take safety before anything when it comes to my accounts in games ect cus of all the time i putt in to it and im very cautious, so to my question.

20 mins ago i logged off to restart game then in again with no probs. then 10 mins later i logged off again,
    but. this time i get a Window asking me to save my machine? never seen this befor in this way and it made me wondering if thats supposed to be or not?

( aslo. Any1 know how to get rid of the MIC icons in chat? tried to look around some in settings but nothing to be found rly regarding that what i could see. )

Sry if any of those 2 questions alrdy been posted but i searched forums and couldnt find anything about this.

Thx in advance
    // Warhound
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind I finally got the email. Thank you Yahoo for sucking. :p

I would like to know why I got booted from the game then this suddenly popped up. Is it due to how many times I have been booted out?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK so I am not the only one. I am betting its because the system has been having issues. I did get my email after a while but I admit it did scare the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me.
  • Options
    bodhisattva3bodhisattva3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    No, I'm locked out too. Curious they would choose to do this on a Friday afternoon.

Says it sent my account an emal. did not get any email, so now I can't play.
  • Options
    fredalbobfredalbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having this issue for 20 minutes now.
    Even tried switching my e-mail to gmail instead of Yahoo.
    I never get a code.
  • Options
    oif7greenmedicoif7greenmedic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup im in the same boat. waiting about 45 minutes for the email thru yahoo nothing yet. Kind of poopy since I just got home and wanted to jump on straight away
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i only need to verify my machine nothing about email and stuff. but that maybe comes after? i see some1 else posted he had some mail <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> also. this is starting to make me currious whats going on.

no1 else getting this? i dont dare press Verify yet ^^

derpidy derp
  • Options
    oif7greenmedicoif7greenmedic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok just got mine. 48 minutes. To be fair they are doing their best but being the weekend they might want to speed that up a wee bit.
  • Options
    fredalbobfredalbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got mine.
  • Options
    grahfegrahfe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got into the game, but I can't login to the gateway since I also don't have an email with the code.
  • Options
    zahrehmarzahrehmar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got the boot and no email. Seems like it's about an hour wait.
  • Options
    aophiaaophia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so the wait for these bloody emails is about 40ish minutes? ugh. ah well, i guess i can tidy up the flat while i wait.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . This is the Account Guard system. When the system detects rapid attempts at login it may kick in and ask you to verify your account by sending you a one-time code to your email. You input this code and choose if you want it to remember that machine (or browser). If you don't check it, you will be asked for a new code again in the future. You can manage your account guard here or here, until NWO gets it's account page set up.

. . . . . If you're not getting the emails, make sure you check your spam folders. Also, make sure you're checking the correct email associated with your PWE Account. If you are positive you are not getting these emails, please contact Support via one of the Support links in this web site or by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com as there is nothing the Forum Staff can do to assist with Account and Billing Issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ok mate.. cheers. just taking safety first =) thx for the answer.
  • Options
    mombo42mombo42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had this come up. Can't log in without typing in a one time code that has supposedly been sent to my email. Except it hasn't. I put in a ticket to Perfect World, and immediately got an email confirmation about my ticket being submitted. But I consistently can't log in without this one time code that isn't being sent.
  • Options
    bmorepalabmorepala Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mombo42 wrote: »
    I just had this come up. Can't log in without typing in a one time code that has supposedly been sent to my email. Except it hasn't. I put in a ticket to Perfect World, and immediately got an email confirmation about my ticket being submitted. But I consistently can't log in without this one time code that isn't being sent.

Same here.

Apparently an email was sent but it obviously wasn't and now I cant play.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . If you're not getting the emails, make sure you check your spam folders. Also, make sure you're checking the correct email associated with your PWE Account. If you are positive you are not getting these emails, please contact Support via one of the Support links in this web site or by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com as there is nothing the Forum Staff can do to assist with Account and Billing Issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hmm i just had to verify my machine and now im in. so seems theres 2 different types of cheks then? can that rly be nessecary ( spelling sry )? :p
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »

I am afraid you do not understand. We are getting emails from them (just not about the Account Guard) and we do know to check our spam. I submitted a ticket as you suggested and the auto-reply said I will hear back in 3-4 business days. Having them hose up my account and not getting back to me for 5-6 days seems a bit unreasonable to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I did indeed check my spam folder. I also already checked my account to make sure my email address hasn't been changed. It hasn't. And I also did put in a ticket with Perfect World (by using the support link on this website). So I guess I just need to wait for them to get back to me.
  • Options
    civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I'm locked out of the gateway because it isn't sending me an e-mail. I fear what would happen if I logged out of the game.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    I am afraid you do not understand. We are getting emails from them (just not about the Account Guard) and we do know to check our spam. I submitted a ticket as you suggested and the auto-reply said I will hear back in 3-4 business days. Having them hose up my account and not getting back to me for 5-6 days seems a bit unreasonable to me.

Yup, I guess we can't play because of Account Guard? I really hope it's not really going to take that long.
  • Options
    bmorepalabmorepala Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3-4 business days and its a Friday. Thanks.
  • Options
    physicsninjaphysicsninja Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, waiting for code, waiting for code, tap, tap, tap.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    . . . . . I understand perfectly. As I said, there is nothing we can do. Report it to Support and allow us to report these issues to our Community Managers. There is no need for multiple threads on this issue, this one shall suffice.

. . . . . Support emails and Account Guard emails come from two different addresses, so just because one address may be white-listed, the other may still be flagged as spam, this is why I suggest such checking of spam folders. Account Guard emails will come from donotreply@crypticstudios.com while support emails come from customerservice@perfectworld.com.

. . . . . The customerservice reply is an automated message that is required to be stated. Just because it says 3-5 business days does not mean that it shall be so... It is known that Support had been working through the entirety of the past few weekends... so please give the benefit of the doubt. They have been extremely busy...
  • Options
    draggonhatchlingdraggonhatchling Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I see I'm not the only one with this problem. I could have swore I did this one time verification when I first logged in when the servers opened. LOL quess I will wait to see if I get the email.
  • Options
    linkr1987linkr1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem. No email. No spam email. I checked both email accounts that I often use. I'm completely lost without a paddle. There is clearly something wrong on PW's end here.
This discussion has been closed.