5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    intelligence check to login *rolls 1
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ex0tr4x wrote: »
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.....I called sick to play all day NW and server are now down and will be later to for the maintenance

/cry

Don't you know games can sence when people call in sick! It is totally YOUR fault the game is down!
    Im just Joking with you. Last time i called in sick to play one of the beta weekends i got the FLU.
    Don't you just hate murphy's law?
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    was killed in an alb train on my paladin from 2 players, i forgot the aoe mez class from Mid and a Warlock....that sucked lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rammurrammur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    This is what happens when you open a game to the public and only have 3 **** servers available and the same **** ones from closed beta yeah.....smart move guys very smart.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tocrisis wrote: »
    The first MMO was something called Life, and that game required physical movement, it's actually more advanced than most of the things you find these days anyway.

I heard that game was just a cash grab. Had to pay to even feed your character!!
  • suishokotakasuishokotaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Watch out!

Projectile pocket protectors and flying polyhedral dice, everywhere!

Hey! I don't use ppps, but I CAN dig out my 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 20 sided dice if you want to get into it...
  • trekleathernecktrekleatherneck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first MMO was something called Life, and that game required physical movement, it's actually more advanced than most of the things you find these days anyway.
    Nicely done.
  • bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I noticed there isn't an ETA... or is there?
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Open Beta, 40 pages of talk while people wait. Good sign.
  • arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stupid zerging albs...

and wasn't Meridian really the first MMORPG? To me Ultima Online was but i'm pretty sure there was something before my time....
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Great... I have access to a live feed from the server farm in Chicago where Neverwinters servers are.
    And at the moment i can report there is in fact 2 men in the server room but they appear to be looking at an extensive Tazo collection... this bodes ill for all of Nevewinter.
  • jinx1121jinx1121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first MMO was something called Life, and that ga
    me required physical movement, it's actually more advanced than most of the things you find these days anyway.

The graphics were good but the gameplay sucked!
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    zyguh124 wrote: »
    AND Neverwinter Nights was up and running on both AOL and Compuserve in 1991. Ultima Online wasnt online until 97, and Meridian 59 was the year before. They were not the first mmorpg

NEVERWINTER NIGHTS was the first.

NWN was the first *graphical* MMO... jk wow was the first mmo.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rammur wrote: »
    This is what happens when you open a game to the public and only have 3 **** servers available and the same **** ones from closed beta yeah.....smart move guys very smart.

Umm, it's more than just this game that is effected... L2 Read the outage info
  • ashfirestarashfirestar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First MMO was series of mass produced books known as choose your own adventure. ZORK readers unite.
  • pollux0pollux0 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vapiddude wrote: »
    DAOC ruled

Still does fool!
  • rrgatlinghammerrrgatlinghammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MPBT on GEnie was one of the first, unless you are talking about muds or ansi muds, those go back at least a decade before GEnie and AOL were even thought of.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hardpeck1 wrote: »
    I played LoK as well. I miss those days of going after an OL staff or a corpse run at mamas or the trip through the underworld if you were the one who got eaten by mama.

I could only play LoK because my employer at the time provided me with a sponsored account. The virtual bills I racked up were pretty insane, but yes, I miss those days, too. I don't think they were better, but more ... "innocent". Full of wonder and amazement for what's possible. I still remember my fascination when for the first time I stuffed the phone into a 300bps "modem" and my computer "talked" to another computer across the county!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and we're dead in the water and blind as a bat...

KHAAAAN!
  • kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AND Neverwinter Nights was up and running on both AOL and Compuserve in 1991. Ultima Online wasnt online until 97, and Meridian 59 was the year before. They were not the first mmorpg

First and last it seems.
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    kharnagex wrote: »
    was killed in an alb train on my paladin from 2 players, i forgot the aoe mez class from Mid and a Warlock....that sucked lolz

Pacification healer
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think we're ignoring the bigger problem here. STO has declared war on us and are currently heading towards Faerun at warp 10. We need to prepare our defenses.

Agreed. Summon the Dragons.
  • jonjoniiijonjoniii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vapiddude wrote: »
    DAOC ruled

DAOC was by far my favorite to date!!! .. the pvp had my adrenaline pumping!!!
  • trekleathernecktrekleatherneck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jinx1121 wrote: »
    The graphics were good but the gameplay sucked!
    Yup, I remember some "gameplay" from the 80's that certainly "sucked"...
  • afryseafryse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    Open Beta, 40 pages of talk while people wait. Good sign.

this game is bloody addictive, i can't get off the urge to stop playing it
  • enmosfuscionenmosfuscion Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems like every person who played DAOC is really good at other MMOs. Just an observation... maybe because it was out before WoW made every subsequent MMO into a simple pile of **** designed by marketing departments.

LOL. Don't forget about Asheron's call, the first true active dodging MMO. :-P
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Hey! I don't use ppps, but I CAN dig out my 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 20 sided dice if you want to get into it...

If you put em all in a sock you might draw some blood :P
  • creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Its getting worse the Alpha Quadrant has called for war on the City of Neverwinter O__O

Can magic missiles get through shields :/

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=651451&page=11
    Yes, Magic Missile can get through shields. but not the spell "Shield"
  • vindrow1vindrow1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Neverwinter Nights was no different than Diablo. LOL A multi-player RPG. Meridian 59 was the First official MMO though. UO the second and brought MMO's to the mainstream.