What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• Options
    nbw5022nbw5022 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So does this mean that some of these players glued to their screen will be forced to step away and actually bathe for once in their lives?

lol i actually just took a shower because servers were down and i had nothing to do. **** i just learned something about myself
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crithappy wrote: »
    Maybe Cryptic is throwing the ranger class in while the servers are down?....

Nah, they're nerfing the GWF
  • Options
    shadowstalker59shadowstalker59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sintheta2 wrote: »
    Servers are up

what a lyin sack o'<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    23.jpg
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    feroxus wrote: »
    We use a dl380 g7 for our webserver, 32gb of ram, and 2tb storage in the chassis with a trailerpark of a sas for live stream storage, (msa2000 x3 enclosures I forget the cost) I think it was around 12,500 after the CDW discounts. If this puts any of server price claims into perspective.

look.. they are battling for dominance.
  • Options
    sintheta2sintheta2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The time I mezzed 200 albs and my group of 8 killed them all. Took the relic and secured it. ****
  • Options
    zinuxzinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I'm bored I doodle ><}}}*>
  • Options
    lunabagunalunabaguna Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first MMO was Pong
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Asheron's call memories

Sweeeet Memories....

I still hear the call...
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Wow I did not play all day looks I did not miss much!! Hope it gets better soon don't make the mistake of opening too many servers though we know how that goes. I'd rather wait than have the game desolate later when people start dispersing.
  • Options
    bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    The time I mezzed 200 albs and my group of 8 killed them all. Took the relic and secured it. ****

OMG albs always be zergin NF.
  • Options
    jinx1121jinx1121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gone from "connecting to login server" until it times out to "server is unavailable" I'd say that's progress?

Disclaimer: The above is meant in lighthearted fashion as I'm aware I could be sleeping right now instead of browsing the forum and randomly attempting to login :)
  • Options
    jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scottmdfmk wrote: »
    So much nerd rage its going to manifest in the real world. My god This thread is almost as much fun as the actual game...

Watch out!

Projectile pocket protectors and flying polyhedral dice, everywhere!
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well the message has changed to "servers are unavailable at this time" instead of timing out at connection. Maybe that is an improvement?:confused:
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out :)

I can be short-phrased also. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Strap in, you're likely about to repeat Cryptic History 101(look up the other forums). The good news is you likely have 6 months to a year. Enjoy. ;)
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Nah, they're nerfing the GWF

zomg it will be equipped with a ballon sword like the warrior from EQ1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wiegrifwiegrif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    colkernel wrote: »
    Ahh, then you know what High Availability means....

If there are 3 games (CO, STO, NW) behind whatever piece of hardware broke (speculation based on the issues with STO happening at the same time), it would behove PWE to have two data centers.

And given their cash shop pricing they should easily be able to afford it.

Since these games are the bread and butter of PWE I, were I a PWE employee, would consider them (and all of PWE's online games) to be mission critical applications, wouldn't you?

Although PWE is probably NOT running Cisco routers, but rather that Chinese knockoff (Huawei?) that stole the IOS and hardware design specs from Cisco. Just a counterpoint to your pricing estimate.

I doubt they would knock off at the revenue point but I see your point. There are also other points of failure in a network too though. You rely on other companies to provide service etc. For all we know this could be an outage from a provider they are helping resolve. My biggest problem in the industry is actually not my own sites but my customers pathways through our CoLo and roaming circuits. Where as the Star Topology with proper redundancy on equipment can resolve most issues you are still limited by the redundancy of your provider. And let me say this... certain unnamed providers... they lied about their redundancy when the systems were built, or at least redundancy failed as saturation increased as they decided to use systems as working over buying a new redundant pair.

EIther way. Keep us updated PerfectWorld. And call those boys/girls who arent usually on the maintenance window.
  • Options
    xzorax12xzorax12 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    anything they say from this point on is complete and utter **** i dont think they have any clue what happen and there speaking out there ***
  • Options
    pollux0pollux0 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG albs always be zergin NF.

Thats all albs do is be zergn
  • Options
    hollowbody57hollowbody57 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we're ignoring the bigger problem here. STO has declared war on us and are currently heading towards Faerun at warp 10. We need to prepare our defenses.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scottmdfmk wrote: »
    So much nerd rage its going to manifest in the real world. My god This thread is almost as much fun as the actual game...

It actually kind of is. :) Some of the folks here remind me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScA7PhDJPJE
  • Options
    vapiddudevapiddude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013

DAOC ruled
  • Options
    cknightbladecknightblade Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    La ti da tra la ti da
  • Options
    zinuxzinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I call this one shark attack ~~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~~
  • Options
    tocrisistocrisis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first MMO was something called Life, and that game required physical movement, it's actually more advanced than most of the things you find these days anyway.
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    crithappy wrote: »
    Maybe Cryptic is throwing the ranger class in while the servers are down?....

That would be sweet.
  • Options
    fearthehydrasfearthehydras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    Hmmm can't hear anything, let me turn my volume up.

Nope, still can't hear anything, but i do read a lot of whining that resembles the cries of a hundred hungry infants.

One of the moderators should probably give them a Baby Bottle of [S.T.F.U] and a new change of diapers while they're at it.

WTS [Server Pass]. PST with offer.
  • Options
    talapietalapie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope I can get some playtime in before I go to bed...
  • Options
    zyguh124zyguh124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    funny thing is UO is the very 1st mmo ever and it is still going. Those type of MMOs dont exists anymore they were the best. ESO will be close but with investors involved you will never get a quality product. CU could do well but no one knows whats happening there.

AND Neverwinter Nights was up and running on both AOL and Compuserve in 1991. Ultima Online wasnt online until 97, and Meridian 59 was the year before. They were not the first mmorpg

NEVERWINTER NIGHTS was the first.
  • Options
    prisma234prisma234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what does this mean for Celestial Shards? I think mine will expire shortly and I was vigilant in making sure they did not. No compensation for this?
  • Options
    dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    intelligence check to login *rolls 1