test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odykiff wrote: »
    It is not millions. Its million. 1.6million actually

But how many Yen is that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    durenas wrote: »
    Woot! the servers are responding! They're... down.

Lolz seems like day before yesterday with the Ginormous queue line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have any rough estimate on how long the repairs will last?
  • Options
    sintheta2sintheta2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up
  • Options
    mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    wow what a silly thing to say. They made 8 million in revenue last year. that's not profit that's revenue look up the difference I don't care to explain it. Of that revenue maybe 20% was profit.

so your statement that they rake in millions is a false statement. Here is a link http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-20-perfect-world-revenue-and-profit-down-year-over-year

From that link :
    "Online game publisher Perfect World has released its financial earnings statement for the third quarter ended on September 30, 2012. Total revenue for the quarter came to RMB695.8 million ($111.7 million/($111.7 million), down from RMB708.9 million ($113.8 million) in the same quarter in 2011. Net income also fell to RMB104.3 million ($16.7 million), down from RMB171.1 ($27.5 million) in Q3 2011. "

First this is quarterly info (3 months), not annual info (12 months).
    Second I have no idea where you got $8 million from.

According to the link, the quarterly revenue was $117 million and their quarterly profit $16.7 million in Q3 2012.
  • Options
    shieldtowershieldtower Member Posts: 1,230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    mothER FLIPPER...fine.. Champions online then!

This just ain't your night man.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    astalion2kastalion2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for keeping us updated on issues, also i would like to add an suggestion or two, althou it might add a bit of extra work for you guys, but would it be possible to have some kind of side-scrolling text that tells about the latest issues you are currently having with the servers (would have to be on the launcher), it might help to alleviate some of the forum threads that pops up now and then, and it might instill a bit of trust and confidence in you if you guys did something like that, the other thing, maybe you could implement a function on the in-game login screen, where you can type in a short message about what happen, when the game gets unstable lets say 2 disconnects twice in 5 minute, and configurable in the options panel, with a slider for the timer 5 minute minimum and 45 minute max maybe, and one slider for the amount of disconnects from 2 to 5 times, during that time, the info would have to be added automatically to the error text panel, my apologies for this long wall of text :)
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Actually everquest and ultima online have both been around WAY longer than wow.

Yep, Gemstone II was before there was a 3D engine to explore in.

ACK hope that doesn't give my age away lol. :D
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    diplomat31diplomat31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Thanks! This helps.

Fortunately the game itself is superb (IMO), so good job. This outage should be debriefed for future reference!

So glad this was the first post, my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    ex0tr4xex0tr4x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.....I called sick to play all day NW and server are now down and will be later to for the maintenance

/cry
  • Options
    onlashoconlashoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I almost most tinkled... The it said login server are currently unavailable.. :(
  • Options
    jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please delete if mod's around, double post.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    when is the maintenance?
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So whats going on now? How long will the servers be down?
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So does this mean that some of these players glued to their screen will be forced to step away and actually bathe for once in their lives?
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Final fantasy 11 been around 11 years . Ultima online been around since 1997.
    Yeah.

funny thing is UO is the very 1st mmo ever and it is still going. Those type of MMOs dont exists anymore they were the best. ESO will be close but with investors involved you will never get a quality product. CU could do well but no one knows whats happening there.
  • Options
    gezakkgezakk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The gnomes broke the servers.
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    This would never happen in North Korea. gg
  • Options
    bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Actually tho WoW first MMO.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    So whats going on now? How long will the servers be down?

They are waiting for Sgt. Knox to sober up and return to his post before allowing people to log in.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ultima Online or even EverQuest.

One of Ultima Online's creators was the first to coin the term MMO. Other games existed before it that fit the term.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    As he stated you might as well join him. Technically Gemstone II was the first MMO.

Hmm, Habitat/Club Caribe was a couple years earlier, I think. I guess it depends on how one defines MMO, especially the "massively" part. The first game I played that I feel deserves that adverb was Ultima Online in 1997. I played stuff like Isle/Legends of Kesmai, Meridian59, The Realm, WorldsAway, etc. before that, but they were not "massive" in the MMO-sense.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    jonjoniiijonjoniii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    Yep, Gemstone II was before there was a 3D engine to explore in.

ACK hope that doesn't give my age away lol. :D

Ah the good old days when Ultima Online was the coolest thing ever!!! LOL
  • Options
    pfunk1980pfunk1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually tho WoW first MMO.
    go kill yourself
  • Options
    bigfrisbeeqbigfrisbeeq Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Extended maintenance now...
  • Options
    edrick1976edrick1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MUD was the first MMO game in my personal opinion. If you dont know what MUD is then maybe you have heard a traditional MMO game called Everquest, and THAT is a game that is way older then WOW.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vanistaro wrote:
    thanks for the post but took way too long to post it. very poor communication with this game so far. I hope it improves

<<Spoiler Warning>> It doesn't get better....it gets worse. The ONLY thing NW has going for it right now is that if Cryptic treats it like Champions then Hasbro will boot party them likely which might maybe perhaps get you better communication. You do already have a ton more Mods and your dev tracker does move more than the postings of 2 people so you might come out of this ok....I, personally, doubt it. Good luck though. :D
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    Hate to nitpick, but turning a 360 youd be back facing your xbox.

I believe that was the point of the pun.
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    brikksbrikks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have just been servered. By Cryptic. Wut.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing D&D in Chat Rooms was the first MMO... Did that before I found MUDs