test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    adiorocks wrote: »
    Call me crazy, but I thought this was Open beta still. Thanks for informing me of this otherwise. You should email the people in charge of the website and have them take the open beta part off of the main webpage so there isn't any misunderstanding about the game being in release and not open beta.

/sarcasm off

Greedy, impatient little sob's. It is a FTP game IN BETA. **** generation these days expect everything right now, gimme gimme gimme. Go play another game or watch a movie, go outside, go over to a friends, go to a bar, or even go play in traffic on the nearest busiest street while wearing a blind fold. Just be patient.

It is not an excuse, it means the game is not a finished product and is still bugged. Problems will happen, crashes will happen. Why do people now days think that Open beta means that the game is released?!

If I could buy you a beer or few for posting this I would. perfection.
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Lol people so busy flaming on forums they didnt even notice game is up and running XD
    Suckers.
  • Options
    reddknight69reddknight69 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow i didnt know it killed that many, sorry my mistake
  • Options
    bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Back to playing WoW, the first and best mmo ever created.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    skytwilight03skytwilight03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alot of games have this feature its to balance out the load link here what is a problem is that their whole system is affected when 1 or more hardware failures occur.

Well what they need to do is create more redundancy with their servers. For example.. I am sure they have some sort of bluecoat or main firewall stack in place. Sort of like a TLA stack. I know it costs money but they need to have redundant TLA stacks :)
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think just taking the time to say they are aware the issue looking into said issue, then saying we found issue in fixing it now is good. The updates for the patch this morning came every 30minutes or so give or take and when they had to extend we were notified not only here on forums but on facebook and I heard cause I am not a twiiter user on twitter as well. that means the company is doing their job and their best to keep players informed which means pretty awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    Lol people so busy flaming on forums they didnt even notice game is up and running XD
    Suckers.

Nau it is naught:mad:.
  • Options
    lunabagunalunabaguna Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Suckers.

Lies, login still down, trying every time it times out on my other screen =P
  • Options
    dazzle999nldazzle999nl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not the first and certainly not the best, but dont let the door hit your ignorant *** on the way out
  • Options
    fearthehydrasfearthehydras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adania666 wrote: »
    Need a minor injury kit?

But then he'll still be left with a minor injury. This is major!

The horror!
  • Options
    colkernelcolkernel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wiegrif wrote: »
    I didnt read the rest but for those curious if any... I hope you do realize that's not what these cost... go up quite a bit for a system like this. Not to mention the hardware required to alone route the data to the servers hosting this game. I design these networks that support systems like this. My most expensive router alone is about 7,500,000 USD. Some of these system blades have more than 45k just in CPU(s)/Mem installed let alone storage and the slot cost + chassis.

Not ragging on you but giving you an idea for a system with 10-40 blades attached, Install costs, Software License, etc.

For those who complain, its beta, kick back, make some popcorn and watch the Cardinals Bullpen make you want to punch babies in the mean time when the servers go out!

Good Luck Perfect World!

Ahh, then you know what High Availability means....

If there are 3 games (CO, STO, NW) behind whatever piece of hardware broke (speculation based on the issues with STO happening at the same time), it would behove PWE to have two data centers.

And given their cash shop pricing they should easily be able to afford it.

Since these games are the bread and butter of PWE I, were I a PWE employee, would consider them (and all of PWE's online games) to be mission critical applications, wouldn't you?

Although PWE is probably NOT running Cisco routers, but rather that Chinese knockoff (Huawei?) that stole the IOS and hardware design specs from Cisco. Just a counterpoint to your pricing estimate.
  • Options
    durenasdurenas Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Wait whut Captin Kirk is a wizard? >_>

A wizard with the ladies!
  • Options
    cedriciiicedriciii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Suckers.

Obvious troll is obvious...
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    lunabaguna wrote: »
    Lies, login still down, trying every time it times out on my other screen =P

lol, like i said.. Suckers :P
  • Options
    adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    LOL wow 30k is not what a server costs.. for a HP dl380 G6 with 40 cores and 500GB of ram you are talking about 70k to 100k. 30k you obviously are not in IT lol

Never said i was in IT, never even claimed to be anywhere near it. Comparing 30k and 100k when we are talking about a company with half a billion turnover? Apples and Pears.
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the good work and thanks for the updates on Twitter!
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    adiorocksadiorocks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I could buy you a beer or few for posting this I would. perfection.

Thank you, you can always send me $3.50 via paypal. I can then buy a beer at most bars. :) lol thanks man.
  • Options
    braggolachbraggolach Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gross profit was RMB522.6 million (USD83.9 million), as compared to RMB566.9
    million in 3Q12 and RMB639.3 million in 4Q11.
     Operating profit was RMB12.4 million (USD2.0 million), as compared to RMB109.4
    million in 3Q12 and RMB220.2 million in 4Q11. Excluding the share-based
    compensation charge and the goodwill impairment, non-GAAP operating profit2
    was
    RMB67.1 million (USD10.8 million), as compared to RMB127.5 million in 3Q12 and
    RMB244.0 million in 4Q11.

PWRD earning report http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/pdf/13_03_en_final.pdf
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    not the first and certainly not the best, but dont let the door hit your ignorant *** on the way out

WoW has been around for 10 years that means it is the first MMO ever. WoW has been around for a long time.
  • Options
    tocrisistocrisis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Cryptic / Perfect World for creating Neverwinter first and foremost, along with many other games that I'm sure the vast majority of the players have grown to love and adore. You guys are doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work and I hope for many future titles to come along the line.

Crashes happen all the time, if you guys can just be patient enough for them to sort out the issue and get everything stable to prevent further crashes to ensure that -we're- happy and able to get back online without problems, at the end of the day, they've created a game that is far from complete in the Beta Stages, opened it up early so we can have a play around and enjoy ourselves, the decent thing to do would be showing some support and respect to the people who've taken their time out to make such a wonderful game.
  • Options
    kaffeindkaffeind Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wiegrif wrote: »
    I didnt read the rest but for those curious if any... I hope you do realize that's not what these cost... go up quite a bit for a system like this. Not to mention the hardware required to alone route the data to the servers hosting this game. I design these networks that support systems like this. My most expensive router alone is about 7,500,000 USD. Some of these system blades have more than 45k just in CPU(s)/Mem installed let alone storage and the slot cost + chassis.

Not ragging on you but giving you an idea for a system with 10-40 blades attached, Install costs, Software License, etc.

For those who complain, its beta, kick back, make some popcorn and watch the Cardinals Bullpen make you want to punch babies in the mean time when the servers go out!

Good Luck Perfect World!

+1

Rockin two IBM Bladecenters H chassis and AR bout filled their britches when the bill came across. :) next time dont tell me order what you need to make it happen ;P

Keep in mind that SQL now license per core and the enterprise with special pricing from microsoft is around 6k if i remember correct. Thats only one element and it all adds up :)
  • Options
    w0lfpcakfanw0lfpcakfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Noooo, you took the bait. Now the hungry troll is fed. :-(
  • Options
    pfunk1980pfunk1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

wow nice attempt at trolling. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+first+mmorpg
  • Options
    jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't feed the troll. Everyone knows Everquest was the first MMO. ;)
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Noooo, you took the bait. Now the hungry troll is fed. :-(

omnomnom moarrr
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW has been around for 10 years that means it is the first MMO ever. WoW has been around for a long time.

wow the first mmo ever ?!? hahahahahahahahah..... hahahahahahahahahah NO !!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    Keep up the good work and thanks for the updates on Twitter!

they aren't here. they are on twitter, who are you talking to?
  • Options
    w0lfpcakfanw0lfpcakfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't feed the troll. Everyone knows Everquest was the first MMO. ;)

+1 for sneaky troll attempt. :-)
  • Options
    brikksbrikks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ilhares1 wrote: »
    That describes pretty much every game forum out there that isn't being strictly policed and moderated (read: threads deleted), primarily because the average member of the public is a whiny ****.

You aren't kidding man. Seriously gamers are crazy peoples, entertaining as well. Ha!