What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    well its not that i dont want but.....the aggro system look wierd.the mark get remouved if you get hit that mean you need to block without doing mistake and get hit and the other aoe aggro skill seem to do next to nothing.....
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    well its not that i dont want but.....the aggro system look wierd.the mark get remouved if you get hit that mean you need to block without doing mistake and get hit and the other aoe aggro skill seem to do next to nothing.....

Make sure you have the enhanced mark passive and also the threatening rush at will you get from your paragon path. Your mark does disappear but you can reapply it instantly. My true tank power set up is Knight's Valor, Enforced Threat, and Frontline Surge. Tanking is a breeze!
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    ok,i guess it will get better later,im only lvl 20 currently so i dont have everything
  • Options
    qhosqhos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where should be place the ability points?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    qhos wrote: »
    Where should be place the ability points?

Str/Con thats it

Youtube Channel

• Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    hey, really like your guide. is it possible that you upload a screenshot of your powers-section (or more than one screen since they dont fit in only one) - like you did with your feats. really would appreciate it. keep up the good work!
  • Options
    venathsvenaths Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quick question, how does the Griffon Wrath charges work? Just started a Gf and cant figure how to get more charges even tough i noticed i sometime get some for an unknown reason >.<
  • Options
    camadascamadas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its the heal from ferocious reaction on CD when it procs or only the reduce damage buff? Or both at the same time?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    camadas wrote: »
    its the heal from ferocious reaction on CD when it procs or only the reduce damage buff? Or both at the same time?

It has a 5 minute CD at rank 1 and a 3 minute CD at rank 3. Basically, every 3 minutes you get a 10k heal and a damage reduction buff.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    venaths wrote: »
    Quick question, how does the Griffon Wrath charges work? Just started a Gf and cant figure how to get more charges even tough i noticed i sometime get some for an unknown reason >.<

You unlock a new charge with each point you invest into it with a max of 3. They all have their own independent CD so if you use all 3 right away, you'll be waiting a bit for them to come off cooldown.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look! I see myself!

*draws a mustache on her picture*

In truth people, listen to this guy. He had us all double checking the list during the run like 'What the hell is this guy doing!?'

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    Oh look! I see myself!

*draws a mustache on her picture*

In truth people, listen to this guy. He had us all double checking the list during the run like 'What the hell is this guy doing!?'

Hey Ama'al! Sorry I could only run dungeon that night. Catch me when I'm free and I'll run more with you guys ^^

Youtube Channel

• Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course! Ilztonim is determined to get his chest from that place...they just need to fix it first.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys! I posted a video with a little PvP in it! 2nd post on this thread. Check it out. ^^

Youtube Channel

• Options
    spythezspythez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very cool PvP video, thanks for uploading it. Think that was the finally thing I needed to see to pick the GF as my main until more classes come out. Also wonderful and very informative thread.
  • Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2. The second clip is a stomp match. I tried recording an even match but there were none. My premade is OP and they carry me. ^^

This is why the video is a snooze fest. Make videos showcasing skill in the face of adversity. The GF looks fun to play though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zedfighter wrote: »
    This is why the video is a snooze fest. Make videos showcasing skill in the face of adversity. The GF looks fun to play though.

Sorry. I had requests to upload it even after I warned it would be a stomp. Also, this is how all of my matches go. The only ever time we have trouble is against RUIN premades but even then it's boring because we spend more time on point control than actual PvP.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    protocol2112protocol2112 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you don't mind, can you add to each Power ability how many points you actually put into them as well?
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to write this guide. I think I'll be basing my 2nd character on this. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you don't mind, can you add to each Power ability how many points you actually put into them as well?

When severs come up I'll see about doing this although it's pretty plain and simple. You get enough points for powers that you can have almost everything haha.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Is there gear that has Power/Recovery stats? It seems like such gearing would be the most beneficial for this play style.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    srthedutchsrthedutch Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this skillbuild. I'll use it as a guideline to be a bit more defensive while dishing out a ton of damage. =)
  • Options
    lurtzbaronlurtzbaron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey what stat points do you focus on? STR/CON ? STR/DEX? DEX/CON?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lurtzbaron wrote: »
    Hey what stat points do you focus on? STR/CON ? STR/DEX? DEX/CON?

Definitey STR/CON for this path.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    cruljincruljin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what do you slot for enchantments? offensive/defensive?

Is the protector tree totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for pve tanking? I have good gear but still have threat issues with some cleric aggro. I am at 48% damage reduction and 24% deflection, 31k health. Using Ioun stone as companion, had to spec points into threat also to make sure I am holding it. I am using near to around the same talents, minus knee-breaker need to spec that and try it out. I am spamming the aoe threat, frontline surge, and knights val with feat for the +5% damage reduction
    bonus and to soak group damage. Would like your thoughts on protector line.

Also what about the combat advantage 5 points, 25% damage reduction, seems it would help with flankers damage in pve?

Thanks

Cruljin
    Beholder
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cruljin wrote: »
    what do you slot for enchantments? offensive/defensive?

Is the protector tree totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for pve tanking? I have good gear but still have threat issues with some cleric aggro. I am at 48% damage reduction and 24% deflection, 31k health. Using Ioun stone as companion, had to spec points into threat also to make sure I am holding it. I am using near to around the same talents, minus knee-breaker need to spec that and try it out. I am spamming the aoe threat, frontline surge, and knights val with feat for the +5% damage reduction
    bonus and to soak group damage. Would like your thoughts on protector line.

Also what about the combat advantage 5 points, 25% damage reduction, seems it would help with flankers damage in pve?

Thanks

Cruljin
    Beholder

Hey Cruljin. I'm probably not the best authority for the protector line. I would imagine it's great at tanking and it might even be necessary for tanking Castle Never. My build is primarily PvP based but it does really well in tanking t1 dungeons and most of t2 dungeons.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    cruljincruljin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotcha, I have been testing out all the lines, other then that SOB green dragon, my group has cleared most content T1/T2. Just wanted to talk shop alittle about how you felt on the line. Also the plaugefire enchanment is beast. It will stack with others. I have gotten up to a 40k crit with anvil of doom on it. 2 of those in group and thats 6 stacks of 10% damage resist reduction. What enchaments are you slotting? I am going to try out this build you have see how it fairs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cruljin wrote: »
    Gotcha, I have been testing out all the lines, other then that SOB green dragon, my group has cleared most content T1/T2. Just wanted to talk shop alittle about how you felt on the line. Also the plaugefire enchanment is beast. It will stack with others. I have gotten up to a 40k crit with anvil of doom on it. 2 of those in group and thats 6 stacks of 10% damage resist reduction. What enchaments are you slotting? I am going to try out this build you have see how it fairs.

I have the Plague Fire on my sword as well! I love it. My armor enchantment is a lesser shockburst. It give yous a 10% chance on receiving crit to send out a lightning burst that damages and stuns enemies. I got it to screw over those pesky rogues. ^^

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    mattkrueg1 wrote: »
    Is there gear that has Power/Recovery stats? It seems like such gearing would be the most beneficial for this play style.

There is for jewelry but Im not sure about armor pieces.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey OP do you think its possible for a crit specced Tactician to hit ur levels of dmg by using Trample the fallen's effects ? Cause I really dig the bonus damages Tactician gets against CCed targets but on the other hand Conqueror just seems really superior