test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bump! /10~
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    rerstlosrerstlos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and suddenly...kills.

awesome! i used to play tooooo passive in pvp with my tank build. but this rocks!
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    currently lvling a GF ( lvl 17 so far) as my first character(well second since i started GWF and stoped him at 15...dps was trash and survavibility wasnt there,dont want to wait till 35+lol) and i must say,GF is really good.the block skill is priceless and most skill hit really hard.im glad i found your poste since i didnt know how to build him and going dps was wath i wanted.thx.

would be fun to see some video of you in pvp/pve :)
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    currently lvling a GF ( lvl 17 so far) as my first character(well second since i started GWF and stoped him at 15...dps was trash and survavibility wasnt there,dont want to wait till 35+lol) and i must say,GF is really good.the block skill is priceless and most skill hit really hard.im glad i found your poste since i didnt know how to build him and going dps was wath i wanted.thx.

would be fun to see some video of you in pvp/pve :)

I recorded an arena match earlier but it turned out to be a stomp. Im trying to record a more even match but bandicam keeps crashing. :/

Youtube Channel

• Options
    kleeziekleezie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crushing pin > Improved vigor for the pvp build since you are focusing on burst and you will be rolling around with 3~ prone abilities you would be better off. Also I think Crushing pin gives your team mates the 10% bonus as well.

The improved vigor is only 10% as well only if your hp is low so thats kinda sketch, also i think you get an AP boost for more damage done with abilities so with more damage while beating on prone people you should be able to make it up.

*ps
    Knee breaker is also a control power so that would apply the crushing pin dmg bonus too i believe
  • Options
    kleeziekleezie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also once more experienced pvpers get 60 with similar gear im guessing your crit/recovery/power items arnt gonna be viable since you will be so squishy.
  • Options
    greatsexmangreatsexman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what stat allocation should be focused on? I figure Str would be the main concern, but where do Con and Dex fit?
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Lot of decent info in here.
    So what stat allocation should be focused on? I figure Str would be the main concern, but where do Con and Dex fit?

Prioritize Str>Dex>Con if going for DPS.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Guys my recording software wont stop crashing. Would you guys care to see the one match I was able to record? It was a stomp, and I wasnt as geared as I am now.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    overd0goverd0g Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys my recording software wont stop crashing. Would you guys care to see the one match I was able to record? It was a stomp, and I wasnt as geared as I am now.

I would like to see it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

What software do you use? There may also be a conflict with Neverwinter and whatever program you use. I found FFsplit to work best, for now at least.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    grahfixgrahfix Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you put a guide as to the power path you took lvl by lvl... I'm scared to waste points putting something into I shouldn't If im trying to follow the guide!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grahfix wrote: »
    Can you put a guide as to the power path you took lvl by lvl... I'm scared to waste points putting something into I shouldn't If im trying to follow the guide!

I think it's more of a template. I would also assume that the majority of the testing took place at level 60.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    webferretwebferret Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going to try this out,

Thanks for taking the time to write it all up for us all :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ill try to put some clips together from all my crashed recordings and make a decent length video showcasing what we can do.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    crutaceacrutacea Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry, i didnt see your ign forum :D
  • Options
    rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Quite interesting
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is great, im loving GF in pvp its so good. Tons of dmg and needs at least 3 players to kill you if you know how to block
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    cybrus4cybrus4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1367482506_60pvp.png

My first level 60 PvP match, friend was kind enough to screenshot it. My talent tree and paragon tree are near similar, I just use different at-wills.
  • Options
    kazukuuuukazukuuuu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rolled higher on con then I did on strength. Do I have to re roll my character? How much of a difference would it make?
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thx for that! Subscribed for this thread.

Many good info on it.
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    kazukuuuu wrote: »
    I rolled higher on con then I did on strength. Do I have to re roll my character? How much of a difference would it make?

It almost doesn't make any difference on the starting rolls since you get 8 pts total by level 60 to adjust with (2 pts at level 10, 20, 40 & 50).

There is a chart in the wiki for the pre-configured stat distribution.
  • Options
    baconnaisebaconnaise Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It really doesn't matter all that much even if you put stats into charisma. The human feat racial is a big one though. It's all going to hinge on how you play and your feat spread for the most part. Having a well itemized character and being a couple percentages below the best you can get isn't that big of a deal. I'd go so far as to say that it only really matters in a 1v1 same class in pvp with same gear and everything. That's going to be a rare thing considering how limited the pvp is and it's going to hinge on team performance overall.
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So why is Knight's Challenge, a skill that temporarily DOUBLES the damage we do to one target, considered bad for a DPS build? Granted it has a long CD, and takes up an Encounter slot, but it could be really nasty in PvP with a build like this.
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Great companion. Will be referring to this down the line. Once we receive class specific forums I'd certainly suggest a sticky.
  • Options
    riyu187riyu187 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can you also post a screenshot of your at will power spec?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riyu187 wrote: »
    can you also post a screenshot of your at will power spec?

I use Lunging Strike, Knee Breaker, and Frontline Surge as my PvP encounters. Cleave and Threatening Rush as my at wills.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    cybrus4 wrote: »
    http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1367482506_60pvp.png

My first level 60 PvP match, friend was kind enough to screenshot it. My talent tree and paragon tree are near similar, I just use different at-wills.

I'm surprised your team managed to beat cheezy! He's in my PvP group. You'll see him in the video I'm currently uploading. We haven't lost a match yet.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    i would like to know your opinion about ur GF spec or GWF?i cant choose between both and not sure how good both are at end-game.wich can dps the most?most say GWF but i saw one streaming today and dps look weak....for pvp i was wondering wich one is easier/better

my drawback so far from GF is to tank....i dont like tanking :( also mark system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so holding aggro seem hard as ****.overall GWF seem way easier to play while GF are more complese but im really not sure how good both can be end game....im really looking for dps but i dont want to get 1-2 shoot or spent all my money on potion lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zakard1 wrote: »
    i would like to know your opinion about ur GF spec or GWF?i cant choose between both and not sure how good both are at end-game.wich can dps the most?most say GWF but i saw one streaming today and dps look weak....for pvp i was wondering wich one is easier/better

my drawback so far from GF is to tank....i dont like tanking :( also mark system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so holding aggro seem hard as ****.overall GWF seem way easier to play while GF are more complese but im really not sure how good both can be end game....im really looking for dps but i dont want to get 1-2 shoot or spent all my money on potion lol

GF does more DPS both single target and AoE. However, if you don't want to tank you're going to have to find someone willing to bring you along in a DPS slot.

Youtube Channel